Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#576 2019-09-16 15:57:56

PiotrGrochowski

Re: [Release] EEditor 5.1.3 - Offline Editor

capasha wrote:

The black color is always transfered to empty block. It was a thing I added because else it would fill the world with black blocks. But sure I can make an option for that.

Except that if the image's background is another color then it would fill with that color while black pixels get their blocks removed, which is messy. And even if the user selects an image with a black background in a world with a non-black background, they wouldn't want all black pixels having their blocks blindly removed, they would rather preserve all pixels of the image. Keep in mind, preserving black blocks doesn't fill "the world", it only affects the image itself. I always assumed it is bad coding that caused black pixels to be always removed blocks. The nearest color block selection should treat the removed block (ID 0) as the background color, not black. This way if an image with a white background gets added into a white background world then the white pixels get to be removed blocks which doesn't affect the minimap itself as the background is white, and black pixels don't get distorted.

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

Wooted by:

#577 2019-09-16 21:51:05

XxAtillaxX

If you don't like it, feel free to create a new tool yourself.
Personally, I think it's largely a waste of time to continue developing a tool for a game that approximately 12 people play at any given time.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (4)

#578 2019-09-17 11:13:00

capasha

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
capasha wrote:

The black color is always transfered to empty block. It was a thing I added because else it would fill the world with black blocks. But sure I can make an option for that.

Except that if the image's background is another color then it would fill with that color while black pixels get their blocks removed, which is messy. And even if the user selects an image with a black background in a world with a non-black background, they wouldn't want all black pixels having their blocks blindly removed, they would rather preserve all pixels of the image. Keep in mind, preserving black blocks doesn't fill "the world", it only affects the image itself. I always assumed it is bad coding that caused black pixels to be always removed blocks. The nearest color block selection should treat the removed block (ID 0) as the background color, not black. This way if an image with a white background gets added into a white background world then the white pixels get to be removed blocks which doesn't affect the minimap itself as the background is white, and black pixels don't get distorted.

If you are so unhappy about this tool with. Move to: Tiken's EEPainter or why not Plugit by Lukem.
Or continue on the tool self, like I wrote in the other post. Whatever I do, you are never happy. So yeah I don't feel to do much more.

#579 2019-09-17 12:27:27

PiotrGrochowski

capasha wrote:

Whatever I do, you are never happy. So yeah I don't feel to do much more.

The purpose of software development is not to make people "happy", not at all.

#580 2019-09-19 23:48:48

capasha

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
capasha wrote:

Then you don't know anything about software developing.

Wooted by: (2)

#581 2019-09-20 00:03:13

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
capasha wrote:

The purpose is to satisfy the requirements and tasks put forward by the client
So yes, it is to make people, aka the users/clients happy

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#582 2019-09-20 05:08:01

PiotrGrochowski

TaskManager wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:
capasha wrote:

If everyone were "happy" everyone would be long dead of depression already.

#583 2019-09-20 09:13:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:
capasha wrote:

If everyone were "happy" everyone would be long dead of depression already.

You just couldn't think of a more edgy reply, could you?

i8SwC8p.png

#584 2019-09-20 17:48:15

capasha

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
capasha wrote:

I continue on EEditor because I thought people would be "happy". We talk about some years ago, when I worked hard on updating this tool.
When robotkoer joined he helped me with design and spelling issues, and then he got a job and I have nearly worked alone.
I don't know how many days I have put my free time on this tool, to update it to newest version of EE. I have a job too but most of my free time goes to EEditor.
I know that there are some issues in EEditor that I can't fix. Which mean I need to recode EEditor to get it working. I don't feel to recode it because, just look in lobby in EE. Max 10 people what I can see.

I'm trying to fix EEditor to work like you requested, but it's hard when the code of EEditor is crap because of my earlier noob coding ways.
And also when there isn't enough of people that play EE anymore.

If you continue with your madness I will stop the coding of the latest update of EEditor and close this thread and quit this ****.

#585 2019-09-20 18:19:58

Snowester

Who the hell even use executable which is mainly for Windows OS for anything other than that. Not only that but every smart person know to use Windows 10 because they're the most latest up to date, I don't care about security or privacy (cough) but if it's reliable then so be it. EEditor work really fine for me on my windows 10 PC and I don't even have any problem at all. Also you were complaining about high contrast, like who in their sane mind would use that mode? It's normally for people that have visual impairment

Conclusion, Capasha is just doing fine with his eeditor and there isn't any problem, you're the only one that has loads of problem that doesn't even work for this type anyways.

#586 2019-09-21 07:36:09, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-09-21 12:02:42)

PiotrGrochowski

Growler wrote:

Also you were complaining about high contrast, like who in their sane mind would use that mode? It's normally for people that have visual impairment

Are you seriously saying theme customization is for visual impairments? That doesn't make any sense.

MODMERGE:

capasha wrote:

If you continue with your madness I will stop the coding of the latest update of EEditor and close this thread and quit this ****.

Sounds much better than making up excuses as to why deleting black pixels makes people "happy".

#587 2019-09-21 11:24:41

Snowester

PiotrGrochowski wrote:

Are you seriously saying theme customization is for visual impairments? That doesn't make any sense.

I never said theme customisation is for visual impariments, only high contrast. High contrast change what you see on windows by the colour ( i assume ) and theme customisation let you change few things but it has limit as well.

#588 2019-09-21 11:51:16, last edited by TaskManager (2019-09-21 11:54:38)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

bruh capasha just ignore him and do whatever you like doing

piotr is arrogant and wont stop **** wherever he can even though nobody cares

i8SwC8p.png

#589 2019-09-21 11:59:44

PiotrGrochowski

Growler wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:

I never said theme customisation is for visual impariments, only high contrast. High contrast change what you see on windows by the colour ( i assume ) and theme customisation let you change few things but it has limit as well.

By saying that you are being disrespectful to people who customize the Microsoft Windows theme with High Contrast. High Contrast is the only official way to truly customize the Microsoft Windows theme AFAIK. After all, High Contrast is available for all people to use, it doesn't request a doctor's signature or anything.

#590 2019-09-21 12:35:55, last edited by LukeM (2019-09-21 12:36:40)

LukeM
Website

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
Growler

By saying that you are being disrespectful to people who customize the Microsoft Windows theme with High Contrast. High Contrast is the only official way to truly customize the Microsoft Windows theme AFAIK. After all, High Contrast is available for all people to use, it doesn't request a doctor's signature or anything.

Just so you know, Microsoft themselves say that high contrast mode is "for people with low vision", it's not something meant to be used for customisation.

There are plenty of other ways to customise Windows though, there are whole skins you can install to get it to look completely different, I believe people have even used these to make their Windows computer look almost identical to a Mac, so they're pretty powerful.

Wooted by:

#591 2019-09-21 12:40:59

PiotrGrochowski

LukeM wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:
Growler

Just so you know, Microsoft themselves say that high contrast mode is "for people with low vision", it's not something meant to be used for customisation.

There are plenty of other ways to customise Windows though, there are whole skins you can install to get it to look completely different, I believe people have even used these to make their Windows computer look almost identical to a Mac, so they're pretty powerful.

This isn't a legal statement though, so for all intents and purposes it is a customization tool and anyone with Microsoft Windows can customize the theme with High Contrast. This is also off-topic to the topic as the topic is about EEditor, not Microsoft, so keep this on-topic.

#592 2019-09-21 12:57:55

Snowester

We're talking about high contrast which was your problem regarding to EEditor so it's still a bit on topic

#593 2019-09-21 13:04:49

PiotrGrochowski

Growler wrote:

We're talking about high contrast which was your problem regarding to EEditor so it's still a bit on topic

It wasn't a "problem" at all it was a minor graphical issue.

#594 2019-09-21 13:18:32

Snowester

PiotrGrochowski wrote:

Oh my bad, so if it was a 'minor' issue then it shouldn't matter at all //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#595 2019-09-21 14:07:41

PiotrGrochowski

Growler wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:

Oh my bad, so if it was a 'minor' issue then it shouldn't matter at all //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

If all software developers were thinking like this, the world will end up with lots of minor issues in every software.

#596 2019-09-21 21:06:36

capasha

Growler wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:

It wasn't minor, just some steps up. I forgot to replace the theme with control text instead of just black color.

Wooted by:

#597 2019-10-24 15:53:58

capasha

So after someone convinced me to update EEditor I have continue on version 4.1.1.
So far bugfixes and changes to the tool. There will be more bugs fixed because of the change of PlayerObjects is disabled.
It's still up to the people here to update to 4.1.1 when it comes out or not. Because of PlayerObjects I need to recode a bit of EEditor.

I have also been working on the way EEditor upload blocks to the world. Right now is the code a mess but I'm working on it, to check if it missing blocks or not.

Wooted by: (3)

#598 2019-10-24 23:32:06

den3107

Quick question: Do you think it's be viable to use parts of EEditor's source when we'd start working on an EEUditor (doesn't have the same ring...), or did it become such spaghetti it's probably best to start from scratch?

#599 2019-11-07 15:45:26

capasha

den3107 wrote:

Quick question: Do you think it's be viable to use parts of EEditor's source when we'd start working on an EEUditor (doesn't have the same ring...), or did it become such spaghetti it's probably best to start from scratch?

What I know does GDI only handle smaller images, which EEditor is using 1 image for all blocks and world size.
What I have heard is there going to be huge worlds, include the big images of blocks so GDI can't handle that, the way EEditor use right now.
EEditor need to use chunks instead, same as EEU use to handle big worlds and also the new blocks.

The EEditor way of adding blocks to the blockbar needs to be changed. That is spaghetti.

The tools EEditor use is not so much spaghetti, can be used I think.

Anyway I  just uploaded EEditor 4.1.1 with some changes, fixes and not much features.
It's still possible to stay on 4.1.0 but bugs and such could occur.

#600 2019-11-16 19:10:34

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

I don't know why nor do I know what I'm doing wrong, but when I tried to update my account on EEditor, the gold blocks don't show up, even if I reloaded the account. I also tried re-adding it, but still no gold blocks. It thinks I don't own those blocks, but I do, because I've recently got gold membership. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

capasha1607529520786803

Board footer