Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-08 13:34:51

Gilfromtacobell

Ways to make the game better?

Its a matter of fact the only like 10 players can beat your CTM and Campaigns like FF and BS campaigns, but why do we we still build them? The average player can only handle colorful or puzzle pack 2. People always wonder why no one plays EE and the answer is campaigns are way to hard and the bid to create hardest level has gotten out of control. I like that master1 and kirby build crazy hard levels but you are driving people away from EE. Player base is down and its no coincidence that these levels dominate the forums and lobby. Instead most players prefer to play in free edit worlds or WIP so we do not feel bad about sucking at EE. If EEU is going to be successful we need to change the direction of the game. Stop making impossible minis and make ones that are fun. We have ruined the EE community for a challenge most folks do not enjoy.

#2 2019-02-08 13:43:53

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Ways to make the game better?

You might be oversimplifying.

EE is dying because the campaigns are too hard?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2019-02-08 14:03:25, last edited by Gilfromtacobell (2019-02-08 14:05:47)

Gilfromtacobell

Its your cavalier attitude that makes me laugh...and the answer is yes. EE is dying bc people do not speak out about the in game issues enough. Tomahawk, whats you campaign count? When you incentives performance that people cant match you ruin games. I know you are a forum manager, but look at the big picture. Maybe 30 to 40 people playing the game at a given time vs 100's. What happened? Ask yourself an honest question. When did it turn?

Wooted by:

#4 2019-02-08 14:33:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

>i suck at campaigns so ee must be dying
nobody forces you to complete the campaigns, its completely optional

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2019-02-08 14:58:57, last edited by LukeM (2019-02-08 15:08:31)

LukeM
Website

I agree that speaking out about issues you think the game has is a good thing, but when you look into the actual data, the number of difficult campaigns isn't really a problem.

Here's an updated copy of a pie chart I made a while ago:
Xz6o0mw.png

Since the last time I linked this, the number of campaign worlds the average player can beat has gone up significantly. The reality is that we've been releasing far fewer difficult worlds recently.

The player count has been going down for a long time now, since way before campaigns were a thing (although recently its become more stable). Several reasons include the huge period with no updates during MrShoe times, the fact that Flash is no longer really a supported platform, and that web games are becoming less popular.

We are currently in the process of moving to HTML5, which will have a number of benefits, including better performance, support by default in all major browsers, and more compatibility with other platforms such as Steam, Facebook and Mobile. We are also redesigning the game in the process to hopefully bring back some of its charm, make it feel more modern, and make updating it easier.

We're hoping that all of this will breathe new life back into EE, making it a generally more enjoyable game to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2019-02-08 15:02:56

Luka504

I wouldn't really label campaigns as the reason EE is dying. Sure, the current campaign system sucks ****, but I doubt that it would make so many players leave the game.
The real reason EE is dying is because there's nothing to do most of the time. For most people their daily routine in EE is to log in, spend energy, see if any of their friends are online and if there are any interesting non-campaign worlds to play.
If EEU wishes to stand a chance, it needs to always have something for people to do, regardless of how many other people are online.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#7 2019-02-08 15:03:46, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-02-08 15:07:55)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Well, it’s people freedom to make what they like. You cannot control them. If they like to make insane difficulty worlds, then let them make it. Who told you that you must play them? It’s completely optional. Also, making fun minis does not make the community better (although I made some). Yes I understand people like to play fun worlds, but that does not make the game better. Again, no one told you to play a specific fun or insane world. It’s completely your choice to select which world you wanna play.

Also, some people think that building almost impossible worlds are fun, you can’t just force them to ruin their fun. EE is a sandbox game, they build what they like, not they build what you demand to build.

EDIT: I know Campaign sucks, campaign team just choose random bad worlds and then put them into a bad campaign. But no one force you to play it. You see there are some people who got 0 badges (not because they are always offline).
The main reason is what Luka504 said, nothing to do. You only use energy to buy blocks, joining random worlds, build worlds, chat with random people or even AFK in the lobby. If EEU wants to attract more players or not let the players become less everyday, devs have to think of something interesting that people can do everyday in EE.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#8 2019-02-08 15:18:49

peace

LukeM wrote:

I agree that speaking out about issues you think the game has is a good thing, but when you look into the actual data, the number of difficult campaigns isn't really a problem.

Here's an updated copy of a pie chart I made a while ago:
https://i.imgur.com/Xz6o0mw.png

Since the last time I linked this, the number of campaign worlds the average player can beat has gone up significantly. The reality is that we've been releasing far fewer difficult worlds recently.

The player count has been going down for a long time now, since way before campaigns were a thing. Several reasons include the huge period with no updates during MrShoe times, the fact that Flash is no longer really a supported platform, and that web games are becoming less popular.

We are currently in the process of moving to HTML5, which will have a number of benefits, including better performance, support by default in all major browsers, and more compatibility with other platforms such as Steam, Facebook and Mobile. We are also redesigning the game in the process to hopefully bring back some of its charm, make it feel more modern, and make updating it easier.

We're hoping that all of this will breathe new life back into EE, making it a generally more enjoyable game to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

lets take this circkle and take some thinking ok so all easy worlds aand lower are bateable by noobs so thats 14.2% of the campaings where basic is for lazy people which is 4.3 % of total adding 38.3% from the easy-med and medium worlds which are alos doable for anyone who tires a little and takes some actual time brigns to a total of 52.5% of the cmaping worlds being doabale for almosty anyone (i think some ~75-95%) 12.8% is med-hard these worlds are a littl ebit tough and can have some minis u cna be sutck on for quite some time btu might still be doable by a quite big majority of th ecomunity (let take ~50-80%) 13.5% is labeled hard these worlds are made for ksille dplayers but give a quite nice chalange fo runskilled poeple and i belive ~30-60% can beat it 21.4% ids labeled hard-extrme or hihger these wor;lds are basically pain thus i belive only 10-30% can beat these seeing easy med an dmedeium worlds have th emost worlds uis good as these worlds are fun and a little chalnging to not rush to the finish in ~1 minute i belive even very p[ro player sliek kirby can die once or 2 in an huge world labeled medium

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2019-02-08 15:41:38, last edited by Gilfromtacobell (2019-02-08 15:43:56)

Gilfromtacobell

I am not complaining about campaign world difficulty. I am saying the game has turned into something different then what the average wants to play. I get you can campaign if you want to, especially into the realm of super challenge worlds, but why has the game turned into this. Maybe you folks do not notice but players do not like it. No one is speaking about what players want anymore. Its sad. We as a community want to say what is the hardest mini as opposed to what fun. That is the problem. What is the best mini? The one that players can have fun doing. Not that one that people have to spend hours to finish. I might be wrong but we are losing players and something needs to change!

#10 2019-02-08 15:43:23

Anatoly

EE is dying because EE itself became boring.

It's like a deflation of money: People start giving out less money -> Prices sink -> People give out less money -> Prices continue sinking -> People ....

The game became boring since benjaminsen left, more and more players start leaving. The last step before 2017 was when nvd received the ownership, most bots where closed, then you and nod again, bombot has been completely graved. Less peoples continued playing EE.

I don't play EE, only visit the forums.

#11 2019-02-08 16:36:32

Edilights
Website

I think players descrease in popularity because other games or players wants more graphic or actions .
It haven't problems in campaigns or worlds , maybe toxic players or something . //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#12 2019-02-08 16:44:48

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Toxic players is another problem. The main problem is this game is BORING.

she/her

Wooted by:

#13 2019-02-08 23:19:02

skullz17

Playerbase hit a very low point during and after mrshoe's vacation which was about 5~ years ago (where did the time go?? can't believe pretty much no progress has been made since then), long before campaigns even existed. The playerbase was already in decline even before mrshoe's vacation. It does seem even more dead now, but it has been a pretty slow death, so I don't think we can necessarily say that hard levels and campaigns are the culprit, especially considering that people have always been making hard worlds, even in 2011 when the game was at its peak. That said, while I agree with those saying that the game is simply boring and there's not much to do, you could argue that the campaigns being unfun makes it even worse.

Another thing is that it seems that the social aspect of EE is its most compelling. You said that most people prefer to play in free edit or wip worlds, but I think this is not because of the reason you stated, but rather because those worlds frequently show up near the top of the lobby meaning there are a lot of players inside. It might be that players prefer being with others than going through a level or a campaign on their own. This is also why a lot of people will only enter a world if their friends are online. The game has reached a point where the number of players online at once is so low, that the lobby is in a really terrible state. It is okay when a campaign is released, because there will be others playing the campaign who you can play with, but other than that it's pretty dead and any world can get to the top of the lobby.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2019-02-08 23:28:56

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

skullz17 wrote:

The playerbase was already in decline even before mrshoe's vacation. It does seem even more dead now, but it has been a pretty slow death, so I don't think we can necessarily say that hard levels and campaigns are the culprit, especially considering that people have always been making hard worlds, even in 2011 when the game was at its peak.

Even in 2013-2014 i can remember people joking about EE dying. I think the amount of players have been undergoing what we call an exponential decline. Active players have been decreasing over a long period of time, but never really reaching zero.
decline.JPG

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#15 2019-02-09 00:35:43

PTU
Formerly Pipec

hi yes

lets add GUNS

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Wooted by:

#16 2019-02-09 02:51:52

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Gilfromtacobell wrote:

EE is dying bc people do not speak out about the in game issues enough.

I don't think this community has ever held back criticism.

But most of the time when people say "the community", they really mean the tiny fraction that posts in these forums and not the >1000 other players who don't. You'd need to do something like a poll within the game itself if you wanted a representative opinion.

Regardless, you can dig up "EE is dying" threads from 2014 and earlier, so hating on campaigns is kinda short-sighted.

"EE is dying because - *rolls dice* - the Logout button is too close to the profile button, so when players accidentally log out they get annoyed and quit EE forever."

Gilfromtacobell wrote:

Tomahawk, whats you[r] campaign count?

Uh, I did the tutorial campaign but then they added a fourth level, so technically 0.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#17 2019-02-09 06:35:34

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

See there are people who don’t complete campaigns

she/her

#18 2019-02-09 06:52:25

Joeyc

tbh I wouldn't really consider campaign difficulty the reason the game is dying, I mean sure you're going to complain. "I can't beat half of the campaigns because it's too difficult!!" But I think the real reason personally behind campaigns is it's kinda overdo. I feel like it's come to a point where they just spit them out just so people have something to do for like a week. What I'm trying to say is campaigns now aren't as good now as the initial release, it's just kinda boring and repetitive almost. You can also say another reason is absurd difficulties because that locks quite a bit of stuff for people don't play much enough, or have time. It's basically an escape till eeu though

Wooted by:

#19 2019-02-10 15:16:58

Ragloph
Website

I think one thing, that this game needs is a world library, where you can select from other players' submitted worlds.
If it existed, players would have the opportunity to play interesting games instead of scrolling down in the lobby and visiting 'boss to code', 'wip', '200 minis' and campaign worlds.
If this thing were used, and the worlds could have labels like 'minis', 'story' or 'puzzle',sorted by difficulties, and players could rate the worlds, it should help everyone to find a good world.
Staff could legitimate or edit the world's diffculty and so on. It would help EE so much.

<Raglpph>

#20 2019-02-11 03:02:30

Master1

WV6zVqM.png

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (6)

#21 2019-02-11 05:14:52

Minimania
Moderation Team

So nice to know the staff team is listening to what we have to say and are working on providing a healthier atmosphere for the game, you rock Master1! Thank you for your useful contribution

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2019-02-11 06:16:05

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

This will definitely make the game better!

she/her

#23 2019-02-21 18:28:50

There is no way to make this game "better", and even if there was, there would be no point. This game is dying because it's dying. There is no way to revive it. All things die at some point, and Everybody Edits is on it's last breaths.

That said, I think the game could be remastered and remade. At that point however, it's a new game, not the one we play now.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

Board footer