Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-05 15:33:13

Anatoly

For EEU: Uploading your own blocks

Hi - I'd like to ask/suggest/remind of uploading your own blocks - will there be contests/blocks/etc. you can simply download from your computer?

#2 2019-02-05 19:00:36

Andymakeer

Re: For EEU: Uploading your own blocks

1: Censor problems

2: Database size

3: "The fun is to use your creativity to build stuff using existing blocks"

4: Check EE copies (like EBE) that uses custom blocks. They are all failures

F

Wooted by:

#3 2019-02-05 19:13:49

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Perhaps the reboot would be better with something even more extensive that would make sense for a sandbox game of this kind, such as Modifications.

Wooted by:

#4 2019-02-05 21:30:29

mikelolsuperman
Website

HG wrote:

Perhaps the reboot would be better with something even more extensive that would make sense for a sandbox game of this kind, such as Modifications.

Stuff like gravity or speed or whatever? Like instead of using a low gravity effect it's already lower or higher gravity.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#5 2019-02-06 05:26:35

Gosha

People invented texture packs.

We can go minecraft way of having texture packs both in game settings and as a custom "world texture pack" which is loaded right when you join the world.

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2019-02-06 16:29:42

Nexus221
Website

ingame block maker

Wooted by:

#7 2019-02-06 19:43:02, last edited by Victoria (2019-02-06 21:18:03)

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Hi - I'd like to ask/suggest/remind of uploading your own blocks - will there be contests/blocks/etc. you can simply download from your computer?

no thanks but i rico from computer so i can not make the customer

- MacBook

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

#8 2019-02-06 20:13:08

Anatoly

Night More wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

- MacBook

Literally, what?

#9 2019-02-06 20:14:40

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Anatoly wrote:
Night More wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

- MacBook

Literally, what?

Night more is rico from computer so he can not make the customer.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#10 2019-02-07 07:09:57

Anatoly

Andymakeer wrote:

1: Censor problems

Staff can approve graphics if we want such a high security, or faster; check the upload log.

If a graphic looks very similar to the e.g. gold block which shouldn't be just given out, it could be hardly banned.

Andymakeer wrote:

2: Database size

Actually this isn't a big problem. As you should buy "(+1) Custom Block" for very much energy, so I don't think it'll be such a problem

Andymakeer wrote:

4: Check EE copies (like EBE) that uses custom blocks. They are all failures

Because they don't have good graphic designers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Andymakeer wrote:

3: "The fun is to use your creativity to build stuff using existing blocks"

"The fascinating part is to use your creativity in building using yourself designed blocks"

HG wrote:

Gosha wrote:

We can go minecraft way of having texture packs both in game settings and as a custom "world texture pack" which is loaded right when you join the world.

Yes, but it's a little other thing than inventing your own blocks?

We've been already changing the blocks with the current EE.

#11 2019-02-07 14:03:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Anatoly wrote:

Staff can approve graphics if we want such a high security, or faster; check the upload log.

moderating/reviewing uploaded blocks on a case by case basis never seemed like a good idea to me

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#12 2019-02-07 15:57:24

Freckleface

I'd prefer resource packs in the way minecraft does it. We could also adopt the 'This server recommends a resource pack. Do you want to download it?' feature. Then we get custom blocks AND sounds.

F

Wooted by:

#13 2019-02-07 16:21:18

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

moderating/reviewing uploaded blocks on a case by case basis never seemed like a good idea to me

Why, not?

The moderators of such graphics would be graphic designer.

Freckleface wrote:

I'd prefer resource packs in the way minecraft does it. We could also adopt the 'This server recommends a resource pack. Do you want to download it?' feature. Then we get custom blocks AND sounds.

But this doesn't allow your own blocks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#14 2019-02-07 21:12:36

mikelolsuperman
Website

Anatoly wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Why, not?

The moderators of such graphics would be graphic designer.

Freckleface wrote:

But this doesn't allow your own blocks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

It does, you can create custom blocks and sounds etc but people are not forced to use the texture pack but they can use it and you can make it so it's recommended to use for the level.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#15 2019-02-08 07:05:48

peace

Anatoly wrote:

Actually this isn't a big problem. As you should buy "(+1) Custom Block" for very much energy, so I don't think it'll be such a problem

sure if 1K players do that daily then there are +1K blocks daily gg anatoly

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#16 2019-02-08 07:15:13

Anatoly

peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Have you ever seen 1K players in this game?

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2019-02-08 11:27:29, last edited by LukeM (2019-02-08 11:33:26)

LukeM
Website

Anatoly wrote:
peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Simultaneous players =/= daily players, this is one of the few things that really annoys me XD

EE does still have > 1000 daily players, just not > 1000 simultaneous players

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2019-02-08 12:42:02

peace

^ there is a diffrence between 1K a day or avaerage 1K and 1K online or just 1K throught out the day from 00:00:01 til 23:59:59

peace.png

#19 2019-02-08 15:00:00

Anatoly

peace wrote:

^ there is a diffrence between 1K a day or avaerage 1K and 1K online or just 1K throught out the day from 00:00:01 til 23:59:59

LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Simultaneous players =/= daily players, this is one of the few things that really annoys me XD

peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Then, again, we have moderators to approve it or not approve it. The system will automatically kick out duplicates.

#20 2019-02-08 15:26:15

peace

Anatoly wrote:
peace wrote:

LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Then, again, we have moderators to approve it or not approve it. The system will automatically kick out duplicates.

it will kcik out duplicates sure but if i create for exmaple all posible ways for the current GRASS block in ee i would be creating 16(- the 3 already existign ones) blocks if i alos just recollor all the 16 blocks like lets say fit the gras son more dirt blocks the data base would have an infinte amoutn of blocks in no time witth just me doing some copy/past work then there is a guy making more smiley  blocks becaus ehe thinkg shaving only one in generic pack is too less so he creates one for every smiley yay +~180 blocks anoter guy could think hey hese arrows and boosters are always yellow an dugly lest add the otehr 6 colors of the rianbow to them creatign 6*7-42  block smoreanothe rguy coudl think i wan thalf blocks of all he blcoks curnetly in the game! creating ~100-300 blocks more (idk hwo many blocks there are this is only in blocks and doors form action tab not deco's and bg's) see hwo the data base gets cluttered up fast if poeple get crazy ideas to add

peace.png

#21 2019-02-08 17:38:54

mikelolsuperman
Website

LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I wouldn't have guessed there are over 1k daily players. But is it still 1k daily players if you only count the ones that play a level and spend over 5 minutes in it? I'm on EE daily but I just log in, click accept, click shop, click blocks, click all on the world portals, click the url bar, type something that leads to a different site, repeat. Sometimes I play a level if a friend is online but that's pretty much it. I log in once, sometimes twice a day to claim daily and spend energy and I'm done.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#22 2019-02-13 16:56:57

Anatoly

mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
peace wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I wouldn't have guessed there are over 1k daily players. But is it still 1k daily players if you only count the ones that play a level and spend over 5 minutes in it? I'm on EE daily but I just log in, click accept, click shop, click blocks, click all on the world portals, click the url bar, type something that leads to a different site, repeat. Sometimes I play a level if a friend is online but that's pretty much it. I log in once, sometimes twice a day to claim daily and spend energy and I'm done.

On the other hand, Luke is right, as with this suggestion people would start playing again and all of those 1000 players would want their own block.

#23 2019-02-13 18:55:33

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

To be fair, the texture pack idea's actually pretty good, but I do wonder how they'd implement that, if they will.

I'd think the easiest way to conserve space, so that those same 1000+ players don't get the shared idea of trying it out at once, is to sell that as an item in the shop, limited to one use per user (unless they buy another). Although I don't think it would take much space up even without that. Texture packs would definitely be an interesting way of adding a whole new layer of customization. :J

#24 2019-02-16 15:09:33

PiotrGrochowski

Gosha wrote:

I have never played "minecraft", but it would be nice: there could be worlds where every block is a solid color in order to maximize the amount of colors available.

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

PiotrGrochowski1550326173741106

Board footer