Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#851 2022-09-12 05:19:03

Gikkle

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

Gikkle, are you pro-NoLynch? I don't understand why are you blaming people for choosing to switch over to Allen on Day1 instead of having a NoLynch day. It seems a little insincere tbh. I don't believe you'd rather NoLynch than lynch a slot that gave half the players bad vibes in our places yourself.

You townread Allen. And there were two viable alternatives at the time, so it was not a certainty that a no lynch would have occurred if Allen wasn't lynched.

BuzzerBee wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

We were absolutely sinking D2 and mafia just had to sit there and watch, but Gikkle picked up the reigns, activated the town, and lead to a scum chop.

hey give me and elijah some credit here

Gikkle just seemed to kind of follow along on D2? not really sure how you see that as "picked up the reigns" and "activated the town"

Yeah idk why people are saying I'm leading the town.
I've just been trying to solve, not lead lynches //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Though I definitely wasn't "following along". My suspicions of Shadows came before you even mentioned anything (didn't explicitly mention it until afterwards I guess but you can see my questions were leading in that direction), and while Elijah had said something, it wasn't like a big push like you did.

2b55b5g wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

First of all - sorry, MM.

Secondly - If Grilyon dying was the result of some kind of bus driver or vigilante kill (and perhaps the mafia kill got blocked), claiming that fact would be greatly appreciated. There is important night kill analysis to be made here if Grilyon was the intended mafia kill.

can you say what you got from the nightkill

I have my conclusions - or the beginnings to some, rather - but I would like to hear what other people think the kill means first. Just so my thoughts don't influence others.

Just wanna say - pretty much anytime a kill makes someone say "interesting kill",  there's always really important analysis that can be done with it. Doesn't mean people are always correct with their analysis of the kill, but it's an important data point.

2b55b5g wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

anyway, good morning everyone

i received a fruit (:

it's not BB as well

i think it's somehow one of Gikkle or Oli, or fruit vendor is lying for some reason

I'm not the fruit vendor.

Though I don't think you should be trying to find the fruit vendor - the less knowledge the mafia have of any potential remaining town roles, the better.

BuzzerBee wrote:

Gikkle seemed to sheep on D2 and D3. like i said, at first glance it looks like Gikkle is a strong town player, but to me it looks like a lot of what they say about the game is very mathematical almost. they're deducing the game based on hard logic, which is helpful sometimes, but this setup relies heavily on social deduction, and they don't seem to say any opinions until a wagon has already started.

on D2 they hopped on the Shadow wagon, and on D3 they at first said they found it hard to believe Elijah got a red check on Marshmallow, and then as soon as pressure started to be put on Marshmallow, Gikkle jumped on it as well

I don't understand your points wrt day 2. You realize it was essentially physically impossible for me to form any reads before that wagon formed, right? I subbed in, was reading up, questioned shadow (who just so happened to also be getting sussed by Elijah at the time), and by the time I had read enough to form solid reads, you had already begun pushing Shadows.

As for day 3 - I had made known my suspicion on MM from my very first initial reads list. Who was I sheeping here exactly?

I did say MM was unlikely to be the cop check. That didn't make them not scum in my eyes.

BuzzerBee wrote:

i think we're making a lot of assumptions about how normal this setup really is

all we've seen is vanilla townies die

but considering we have a traitor watcher, neighbors, and a miller, there's gotta be some weird stuff going on. a mafia fruit vendor does not sound very farfetched to me at all

You listed three completely normal things and are acting like the setup has to besomething weird? Idk what mind of setups you guys have here but that's very typical.

What I would expect from the wolf team is two of the following role types:

Invest (role cop/Neapolitan)
Deceptive (Tailor/Godfather)
Manipulative (Bus Driver/Roleblocker)

Unless mafia have two abilities, I highly doubt one of the only 2 mafia is a literal fruit vendor (I also doubt mafia neighborizer but it's more likely than a mafia fruit vendor)
We know mafia probably have an invest bc they got Elijah, who mafia shouldn't have had a great reason to kill (unless it's 2b, who Elijah suspected, but that's unlikely bc she claimed neighborizer)
We can also reason that with an infinite shot cop, and with a miller in the  game (assuming pqwerty is telling the truth), odds are mafia has a tailor/godfather. 

What would line up pretty perfectly with a fruit vendor and an infinite shot cop is a bus driver, though. Fruit vendor being a role meant to counter the bus driver, and bus driver being there to counter the cop.

#852 2022-09-12 05:48:06

Pqwerty

I think there's a mafia fruit vendor. MM said they got a fruit N1 and Shadow allegedly watched someone target MM. If the fruit vendor was town aligned, then why didn't ShadowsEdge just claim watcher and say who visited MM? I think they might've been protecting a partner. But also Shadow immediately said that the person who visited MM was mafia. Most importantly, though, is that nobody wants to claim vendor when it's basically a named townie. You'd think with a miller, neighborizer, and cop-clear already outed that a fruit vendor would just be one more extra town that has no fear of being killed because there's potentially 3 people ahead of them and only 3 days maximum left in the game.

So, BB and 2B are not vendors because they received fruit. I'm town and so is Mini. That leaves Gikkle, Gandhi, and Oliver as the potential mafia fruit vendor. The only person who was active all 3 nights was Gandhi, but maybe the fruit was given randomly if no person was selected.

#853 2022-09-12 06:07:08

Gikkle

Pqwerty wrote:

I think there's a mafia fruit vendor. MM said they got a fruit N1 and Shadow allegedly watched someone target MM. If the fruit vendor was town aligned, then why didn't ShadowsEdge just claim watcher and say who visited MM? I think they might've been protecting a partner. But also Shadow immediately said that the person who visited MM was mafia. Most importantly, though, is that nobody wants to claim vendor when it's basically a named townie. You'd think with a miller, neighborizer, and cop-clear already outed that a fruit vendor would just be one more extra town that has no fear of being killed because there's potentially 3 people ahead of them and only 3 days maximum left in the game.

So, BB and 2B are not vendors because they received fruit. I'm town and so is Mini. That leaves Gikkle, Gandhi, and Oliver as the potential mafia fruit vendor. The only person who was active all 3 nights was Gandhi, but maybe the fruit was given randomly if no person was selected.

This has several issues

Pqwerty wrote:

If the fruit vendor was town aligned, then why didn't ShadowsEdge just claim watcher and say who visited MM? I think they might've been protecting a partner.

There is absolutely no good reason for Shadows to actually tell the truth about mafia visiting MM *at all*. Two big reasons:

1. I think he was using that claim to signal to his partners (if he was telling the truth mafia might think he was actually town)
2. The possibility of a tracker, however slim, would disincentivize being truthful about this at all.

Pqwerty wrote:

Most importantly, though, is that nobody wants to claim vendor when it's basically a named townie. You'd think with a miller, neighborizer, and cop-clear already outed that a fruit vendor would just be one more extra town that has no fear of being killed because there's potentially 3 people ahead of them and only 3 days maximum left in the game.

I- what
Not trying to be rude, but I'd like you to think about what you're saying here for a couple of seconds. Read it out to yourself or something.

Pqwerty wrote:

If the fruit vendor was determined to lie there's no reason to not sell the lie even further by not giving out a fruit and just claiming to have received one themselves.

#854 2022-09-12 06:19:07

Gikkle

Minimania wrote:

I townlean Gikkle but I don't think Oli is even remotely as clear as him, I think it's bizarre he's on the assume list, especially after yesterday

I suppose me having a lot of experience with Oliver would probably make my read on him seem bizarre to others.

Minimania wrote:

Idk, the whole thing with him flat out refusing to interact with MM rubs me the wrong way, and his post earlier today sucks

Oliver is always scummy if you don't know him. He acts strangely even as town.

#855 2022-09-12 09:07:25

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Gikkle wrote:

I don't understand your points wrt day 2. You realize it was essentially physically impossible for me to form any reads before that wagon formed, right? I subbed in, was reading up, questioned shadow (who just so happened to also be getting sussed by Elijah at the time), and by the time I had read enough to form solid reads, you had already begun pushing Shadows.

sorry this was my bad. i thought you subbed in at the beginning of D2 but looking back i see you were thrown in the middle of it all. ugh subs make the game so unnecessarily complicated, i wish players wouldn't sign up for something they can't commit to //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Gikkle wrote:

As for day 3 - I had made known my suspicion on MM from my very first initial reads list.

do you mean this post where you scumread him?

that seems like the only time you ever mentioned it. after that you mostly pushed minimania and then reluctantly voted Shadow. i never saw you mention Marshmallow again until more pressure was put on him.

i guess sheeping is a strong word for that, but you didn't really bring up Marshmallow at all again until later into D3 after me, gandhi, oli, and minimania started scumreading him

it just seems a little odd to me. maybe not the worst crime someone has committed here tho

Gikkle wrote:

You listed three completely normal things and are acting like the setup has to besomething weird? Idk what mind of setups you guys have here but that's very typical.

i'm not saying the setup is completely bonkers but i've never played a game with Neighbors so that's pretty strange to me (however i've only played a very limited number of mafia games lol). traitor watcher seems weird to me because i figured traitor was usually just a vanilla role without any night action. and gandhi said he'd never seen the miller role so i just assumed that it was strange as well

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#856 2022-09-12 09:10:10

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

BuzzerBee wrote:

i think we're making a lot of assumptions about how normal this setup really is

all we've seen is vanilla townies die

but considering we have a traitor watcher, neighbors, and a miller, there's gotta be some weird stuff going on. a mafia fruit vendor does not sound very farfetched to me at all

anyway my point in saying this in the first place was we need to remember that everything we think we know is just speculation. at the end of the day it's a closed setup so we have to think outside the box with what possibilities may be lying beneath the surface of what we all see.

TdQRyz3.png

#857 2022-09-12 09:19:12, last edited by Norwee (2022-09-12 09:19:30)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

BuzzerBee wrote:

@Norwee are we allowed to have a confirmation as to whether or not multitasking is allowed

The rules in my first post already has stated this.

[1] 2b55b5g: Nuclear Gandhi

[6] Not voting: Gikkle, 2b55b5g, Pqwerty, Minimania, Oliwaz144, BuzzerBee

4 majority votes to lock in the choice of elimination.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#858 2022-09-12 09:22:03

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Norwee wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

@Norwee are we allowed to have a confirmation as to whether or not multitasking is allowed

The rules in my first post already has stated this.

oops my bad thanks

TdQRyz3.png

#859 2022-09-12 12:07:22

Minimania
Moderation Team

Buzz how many games have you been in

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#860 2022-09-12 12:11:06

Minimania
Moderation Team

recently*

21cZxBv.png

#861 2022-09-12 15:11:09

Oliwaz144

Im very ill right now but i have very important information

#862 2022-09-12 15:39:13

Oliwaz144

#863 2022-09-12 15:49:51

Pqwerty

Gikkle wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

If the fruit vendor was town aligned, then why didn't ShadowsEdge just claim watcher and say who visited MM? I think they might've been protecting a partner.

There is absolutely no good reason for Shadows to actually tell the truth about mafia visiting MM *at all*. Two big reasons:

1. I think he was using that claim to signal to his partners (if he was telling the truth mafia might think he was actually town)
2. The possibility of a tracker, however slim, would disincentivize being truthful about this at all.

Pqwerty wrote:

Most importantly, though, is that nobody wants to claim vendor when it's basically a named townie. You'd think with a miller, neighborizer, and cop-clear already outed that a fruit vendor would just be one more extra town that has no fear of being killed because there's potentially 3 people ahead of them and only 3 days maximum left in the game.

I- what
Not trying to be rude, but I'd like you to think about what you're saying here for a couple of seconds. Read it out to yourself or something.

Pqwerty wrote:

If the fruit vendor was determined to lie there's no reason to not sell the lie even further by not giving out a fruit and just claiming to have received one themselves.

Dumb question, but how does claiming an obvious fake role signal to the mafia that you're the traitor? Also I don't understand your point as to why the fruit vendor wouldn't claim if they were town. Finally, isn't it a general rule of thumb that if you want to balance a setup you have majority VTs (in this case 7) before putting in any PRs? That leaves 3 mafia and 3 town PRs. We already have Miller, Neighborizer, and Cop as most likely town PRs, so idk if there's room for a 4th town PR. Unless 2B is a mafia Neighborizer or I'm somehow a mafia miller who shows up as mafia when inspected.

#864 2022-09-12 16:03:20

Oliwaz144

BuzzerBee wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

Pqwerty, Oliwaz, and 2b all going for the hammer at the end of yesterday leads me to believe at least 1 out of the 3 are scum

anyway going back to this, i'm still very suspicious of oliwaz considering that Marshmallow had their vote on Oliwaz at EoD and Oliwaz was trying hard to hold the hammer

Why is it important who hammers, if it's 3 minutes before EoD anyways?

i don't think it would've been important if Marshmallow had flipped scum, but they flipped town, and to me the biggest red flag is

Oliwaz144 wrote:

!Vote MM
Headshotted scum.
Antiterrrorists win.
Ez 4 ence
Protect Mini

this post by Oli. and then Oli coming on again today to say

Oliwaz144 wrote:

Sorry MM.
I wanna talk to you post game

like, half the town obviously made a mistake in scumreading Marshmallow. so it just seems like some weird kind of fake confidence followed by fake damage control

there is more to that.
I sr mm more than i should

#865 2022-09-12 16:23:54

Oliwaz144

BuzzerBee wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

Pqwerty, Oliwaz, and 2b all going for the hammer at the end of yesterday leads me to believe at least 1 out of the 3 are scum

anyway going back to this, i'm still very suspicious of oliwaz considering that Marshmallow had their vote on Oliwaz at EoD and Oliwaz was trying hard to hold the hammer

i don't think it would've been important if Marshmallow had flipped scum, but they flipped town, and to me the biggest red flag is

Oliwaz144 wrote:

!Vote MM
Headshotted scum.
Antiterrrorists win.
Ez 4 ence
Protect Mini

Oliwaz144 wrote:

Sorry MM.

like, half the town obviously made a mistake in scumreading Marshmallow. so it just seems like some weird kind of fake confidence followed by fake damage control

there is more to that.
I sr mm more than i should

BuzzerBee wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

Oliwaz144 wrote:

!Vote MM
Headshotted scum.
Antiterrrorists win.
Ez 4 ence
Protect Mini

Oliwaz144 wrote:

Sorry MM.

also is this tmi that there 2 wolfs on wagon!??!?
!Vote BB
Sr you earlier already i think

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

anyway, good morning everyone

i received a fruit (:

It seems unlikely that the Traitor is also a Fruit Vendor, and the other mafia is the one with the factional kill so he probably can't do it either.
fruit vendor should be clear I think.

The traitor is dead, btw

Ohh..
So let me get this straight.
You guys don't believe a Traitor would their mates in their scumreads despit not knowing who their mates are? What is wrong with you guys? srsly..

Fake townslip for the billionth time this game

Bb x ghandi team

#866 2022-09-12 16:42:59

Oliwaz144

Not sure

Pqwerty wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

Pqwerty can you tell something about 2b55 from your neighbor chat?

I mean, she appears to be giving good opinions in there. Also Neighborizers are usually a town role, so I just gave 2B a pass.

Is there anything specifically I should be looking for? The only offputting thing imo is that 2B wanted more info about my role at the time when the info would only help the mafia, but 2B's opinions are relatively in-depth so idk. I've been running my theories by her and getting good feedback so it's hard to tell; also i recently got my confidence in my ability to read shattered so I'm not super confident in any of my reads anymore.

abt ghandi tbh

Wait
Wait wait
2b and mini

Minimania wrote:

I townlean Gikkle but I don't think Oli is even remotely as clear as him, I think it's bizarre he's on the assume list, especially after yesterday

gikkle and i know eachother

BuzzerBee wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:

and BB, what are your thoughts on Gikkle?

well Gikkle hasn't said much today so my thoughts on them are based on past days, but Gikkle is coming up with a LOT of original thoughts which at first glance appears townie to me but in general Gikkle is really difficult to read

i'm actually almost inclined to say Gikkle is either

a) Fruit Vendor
b) Scum

reasons why i think Gikkle is fruit vendor:
process of elimination. no one claimed fruit D2 which leads me to believe onjit was fruit vendor on N1 and didn't act in time to target anyone. but we've received fruit on D3 and now D4 after Gikkle replaced onjit. We know it's not me or 2b. Pqwerty and Mini said it wasn't them. Gandhi was inactive at the end of D2 / beginning of D3 which makes me think he wasn't active N2 to give fruit but this is speculation. Oli was only replaced on D3, and i'm sure Bon Jovi isn't the one who gave the fruit to 2b

therefore it's either Gikkle or Gandhi, and most likely Gikkle.

however, if Gikkle isn't fruit vendor, i'm forced to believe they're scum

reasons why i think gikkle is scum (if not fruit vendor):
Gikkle seemed to sheep on D2 and D3. like i said, at first glance it looks like Gikkle is a strong town player, but to me it looks like a lot of what they say about the game is very mathematical almost. they're deducing the game based on hard logic, which is helpful sometimes, but this setup relies heavily on social deduction, and they don't seem to say any opinions until a wagon has already started.

on D2 they hopped on the Shadow wagon, and on D3 they at first said they found it hard to believe Elijah got a red check on Marshmallow, and then as soon as pressure started to be put on Marshmallow, Gikkle jumped on it as well

Yeah i agree its sus for also me
But kinda everybody is
When and how did you get a chat
Also today is the day for claims if we go the lynch every day way

#867 2022-09-12 16:45:56

Oliwaz144

I want somebody first to come here

#868 2022-09-12 17:02:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

Hi Im a vanilla

21cZxBv.png

#869 2022-09-12 17:06:02

Minimania
Moderation Team

7 people left, right?

So either we vote someone off and then tomorrow is LYLO

or we vote to skip, and then tomorrow is also LYLO... right? I think I counted this correctly. No wait, we would then be able to vote skip again.

I think maybe it wouldnt be a terrible idea to vote skip today and tomorrow, if for no other reason than to whittle our options down? I don't know I'm lost

21cZxBv.png

#870 2022-09-12 17:08:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

Man, I don't even know

Does someone have any insight on opportunity cost here?

We either get two tries at this, but we're unsure

or we get 1 try at this and we have to be 100% right on it, but we can be more sure

21cZxBv.png

#871 2022-09-12 17:09:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

wait wait wait I think we should go the lynch today lynch tomorrow route, because if we lynch today then we take away the choice from the mafia on one of the people who die

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#872 2022-09-12 17:11:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

Oliwaz144 wrote:

Im very ill right now but i have very important information

Get well soon 🙏

21cZxBv.png

#873 2022-09-12 17:30:09

Gikkle

Pqwerty wrote:

Dumb question, but how does claiming an obvious fake role signal to the mafia that you're the traitor?

Because town wouldn't lie about someone being confirmed town in that situation.

Pqwerty wrote:

Also I don't understand your point as to why the fruit vendor wouldn't claim if they were town.

What does mafia fruit vendor have to gain from, according to your own words, not becoming a named townie? Any reason for why you think a town fruit vendor should claim in this situation would also be a reason a mafia fruit vendor would claim.

Mafia does not benefit from hiding a fruit vendor claim in a situation like this. There are numerous reasons a townie might hide it, though.

Pqwerty wrote:

Finally, isn't it a general rule of thumb that if you want to balance a setup you have majority VTs (in this case 7) before putting in any PRs? That leaves 3 mafia and 3 town PRs. We already have Miller, Neighborizer, and Cop as most likely town PRs, so idk if there's room for a 4th town PR. Unless 2B is a mafia Neighborizer or I'm somehow a mafia miller who shows up as mafia when inspected.

I think that sort of depends on the strength of the town PRs and the mafia PRs. Town Miller, Neighborizer, Fruit Vendor, and Cop wouldn't be unbalanced to have on a town team (the only strong role there is an infinite shot cop, but I suspect mafia has a way to counter it).

Watcher has more utility for mafia if there is a town fruit vendor, as well. Otherwise they might as well have a tracker.

#874 2022-09-12 17:35:03

Gikkle

#875 2022-09-12 17:40:07

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Gikkle wrote:

I have my conclusions - or the beginnings to some, rather - but I would like to hear what other people think the kill means first. Just so my thoughts don't influence others.

Just wanna say - pretty much anytime a kill makes someone say "interesting kill",  there's always really important analysis that can be done with it. Doesn't mean people are always correct with their analysis of the kill, but it's an important data point.

here is what i think then. im surprised that Mini wasn't the one that got nightkilled, since he pretty much got confirmed by Cop. maybe mafia killed Grilyon to try and put suspicion on Mini?

another thing is, Grilyon suspected BB and Gandhi, so maybe one of them is scum? if thats true then i think BB is more suspicious, Grilyon never got rid of his suspicion on BB. idk if scum Gandhi would kill Grilyon knowing that he voted for him

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer