Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-11-20 08:22:43

peace

Re: [Beta] Plug-It

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM

yeah but you said it should atleast load so i showed you what it says if i try to load it

Ah ok, by "I would have expected it to at least load though" I didn't mean to imply that its working for me (I get the same error when I load it in IE)

ah ok was just wondering why this error occured and why exactly THIS error but question answered!

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#52 2018-11-20 14:29:03

KirbyKareem

I don't know how to sign in, where should I put /permission set [your name] 4?

I know it would be /permission set kirbykareem 4, no more joeks pls

VOKXwvt.png

#53 2018-11-20 15:47:56

LukeM
Website

KirbyKareem wrote:

I don't know how to sign in, where should I put /permission set [your name] 4?

I know it would be /permission set kirbykareem 4, no more joeks pls

First you need to make sure you have the Core plugin enabled through https://lukesthings.com/plugIt/selector/ (click on Core then press Enable)
You then sign in to the bot through https://lukesthings.com/plugIt/, then once the bot has connected, type "permission set kirbykareem 4" into the command box and press send

#54 2018-11-20 16:27:15

KirbyKareem

LukeM wrote:

First you need to make sure you have the Core plugin enabled through https://lukesthings.com/plugIt/selector/ (click on Core then press Enable)
You then sign in to the bot through https://lukesthings.com/plugIt/, then once the bot has connected, type "permission set kirbykareem 4" into the command box and press send

I've done the core plugin, but I don't know how to sign in. I see log in, but when I put an email and password it says wrong password. How do I connect the bot?

VOKXwvt.png

#55 2018-11-20 16:55:10, last edited by LukeM (2018-11-20 16:56:05)

LukeM
Website

KirbyKareem wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I've done the core plugin, but I don't know how to sign in. I see log in, but when I put an email and password it says wrong password. How do I connect the bot?

That means you entered the wrong password for the EE account registered to that email address //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Do you sign in using the main site or kongregate / facebook / etc?

#56 2018-11-20 16:57:10, last edited by KirbyKareem (2018-11-20 17:02:15)

KirbyKareem

Quotes

Ohhh, I thought you could use any email and password lol. Ima try it out now xD if theres an edit I failed, if none YEE IT WORKED. checking now

Edit: Hmm, do you need to be in a world to do permission set?

I tried putting in a real world ID, and this happened.

Well, atleast I have the code saying something!

I think I need to be in the world when I click Connect, but I'm not the creator. Is this right Lukem???

VOKXwvt.png

#57 2018-11-20 22:25:04, last edited by LukeM (2018-11-21 01:50:26)

LukeM
Website

KirbyKareem wrote:

Edit: Hmm, do you need to be in a world to do permission set?

I tried putting in a real world ID, and this happened.

Authenticated
Loaded config
Loaded player object
Successfully logged in
Error: GeneralError: Could not establish a socket connection to any of the given endpoints for the room
Error: GeneralError: Could not establish a socket connection to any of the given endpoints for the room

I think I need to be in the world when I click Connect, but I'm not the creator. Is this right Lukem???

Thats an internal PlayerIO error... No clue what would be causing that...

What browser are you using? It definitely works on Firefox, and I'd assume it should work on Chrome too, I guess try one of those if you're not already

#58 2019-03-01 23:43:17

LukeM
Website

My web server seems to have been down for the last week and a bit, not sure why... (turning it off and on again didn't fix it :O)

I'm currently at university and I host it from home, so can't fix it right now, but should be able to in just over a week.

Sorry for any inconvenience //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#59 2019-03-02 11:31:50

peace

Lukem just a minor question whenevr i want to copied somethign fomr someone elses world and im in th elobby and connect the bot an duse !selection X, Y, X, Y, to select a selction and then save it wiht !selection save (name_of_selection) and load it in my world it just refuses to load while when i chack !selection saves its there

peace.png

#60 2019-03-02 12:55:07

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

whenevr i [...] use !selection X, Y, X, Y, to select a selction and then save it wiht !selection save (name_of_selection) and load it in my world it just refuses to load while when i chack !selection saves its there

Does it give an error message or anything?

#61 2019-03-02 20:10:38, last edited by peace (2019-03-02 20:12:06)

peace

i dotn know exaclty i happend a few times when i wanted to do this i just doesnt load th ebcloks or only 1 single bg orso but i cant tell that i remebe it sayid an error i thought idid everythin fine

EDIT: it could be that i th ebot dont have edit and as im not in the world becuase of tht twice in a world feature so i directly copy a selection or the whole world with !selection (moslty when copying a world)

peace.png

#62 2019-03-12 16:21:10

LukeM
Website

Should be up and running again now, not exactly sure what went wrong but I updated the version of Linux I was running and turned it off and on a few times and it started working again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#63 2019-05-04 04:06:21

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

hey luke it broke i wanna use bot

Authenticated
Loaded config
Loaded player object
Detected linked account
Joined authentication room
Received authentication key
Error: UnknownConnection: The connection requested is not known by the server

suddenly random sig change

#64 2019-05-04 08:17:38

Gosha

Slabdrill wrote:

hey luke it broke i wanna use bot

Authenticated
Loaded config
Loaded player object
Detected linked account
Joined authentication room
Received authentication key
Error: UnknownConnection: The connection requested is not known by the server

linked accounts are disabled for the time being

#65 2019-05-04 12:09:11, last edited by LukeM (2019-05-04 12:42:25)

LukeM
Website

Ah sorry, we made some small changes to linked accounts and I forgot to also make them to PlugIt, I'll do that shortly //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Edit: Should be fixed now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#66 2019-06-29 10:16:18

peace

uhm i dont knwow what wrong because ti doesnt seem to be on my side but it takes too logn to load plugit so it gives the error saying **** takes too long (and ggives suggestion about if its your internet which is slow ect) but reloading also doesnt wokr the problem is when i close it and reopent ehe forums the forums are opnened almost instantly

peace.png

#67 2019-06-29 10:37:41

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

uhm i dont knwow what wrong because ti doesnt seem to be on my side but it takes too logn to load plugit so it gives the error saying **** takes too long (and ggives suggestion about if its your internet which is slow ect) but reloading also doesnt wokr the problem is when i close it and reopent ehe forums the forums are opnened almost instantly

Looks like the website is down at the moment, not sure why and I can't look into it right now, but I should be able to later today / tomorrow //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#68 2019-06-30 21:16:33

LukeM
Website

Should be fixed now, not sure what happened but rebooting it fixed it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#69 2019-07-06 16:47:22

Trytu

!help selection map is not sufficient for me to understand !selection map, or !selection map doesn't work
in help for that command there is written:

Remaps some action block IDs
Usage: !selection map [#id# [#id# [...]]] args [#argNo# [#argNo# [...]]] from <#min# - #max#/#from#> to #to#
i did came up, that [...] is optional, so after few tries i used map succesably
!selection map args from 33 to 45 - used on some switches and doors works, but doesn't remap anything
so i tried to put switch blocks ID's (184 and 113)
!selection map 113 185 args from 33 to 45 doesn't remap anything

idk what does #argNo# means, how succesively remap switch ID's and how to remap target/ID of portal

its not working command? or just my failture?

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#70 2019-07-06 20:32:46

LukeM
Website

Oh, I never did write out the full documentation, argNo is the index of the argument you want to change, in this case there is only one, so you'll just put 0, but if it were a portal or something then you could select whether you wanted to map the rotation, source, or destination.

Wooted by:

#71 2019-07-06 21:12:56

Trytu

LukeM wrote:

Oh, I never did write out the full documentation, argNo is the index of the argument you want to change, in this case there is only one, so you'll just put 0, but if it were a portal or something then you could select whether you wanted to map the rotation, source, or destination.

after inputing 0 in the args, i was able to successfully remap my switches
the sollution was !selection map 184 113 args 0 (or args 0 0) from 33-45 to 45, otherwise it didn't work
i thought that [..] - mean that it's optional, have default of all the ID's and arguments, and it not necessary to work
in !selection tiles, smart mode is optional, why doesn't !selection map has defaults
i understand that you haven't time, still don't know how other players came up how this command works
thanks for fast answer

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#72 2019-07-06 23:46:14

LukeM
Website

Trytu wrote:
LukeM wrote:

after inputing 0 in the args, i was able to successfully remap my switches
the sollution was !selection map 184 113 args 0 (or args 0 0) from 33-45 to 45, otherwise it didn't work
i thought that [..] - mean that it's optional, have default of all the ID's and arguments, and it not necessary to work
in !selection tiles, smart mode is optional, why doesn't !selection map has defaults
i understand that you haven't time, still don't know how other players came up how this command works
thanks for fast answer

To be honest, I hadn't noticed that there was a [] around the first ID, you're probably right that there shouldn't be.

If you're interested, the reason it's there isn't a conscious choice, its just an artefact of how my command system works. I wanted it to be easy to create new plugins that feel the same as the rest of the commands, so the help commands are automatically generated so that they all use the exact same format.

I basically specify the structure of the command and it uses this to automatically parse the parameters from a message, as well as automatically generate the usage message. In this case I give it the format "~ids#id#n args ~argNos#argNo#n from <#min#n - #max#n/#from#n> to #to#n", which just specifies that argNos should be a list, and for all lists it automatically generates the usage message [#argNo# [#argNo# [...]]], as it will technically work even though it won't do anything meaningful.

I guess the way to fix this would be to add a type of list that must contain at least one copy, I probably won't have time to do this in the near future, but I'll probably be rewriting this for EEU at some point, so I'll make sure to add something like this then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#73 2019-07-07 10:07:02, last edited by peace (2019-07-07 10:08:02)

peace

never use mappign its a quite hard command and i even sometimes mess up with tile bntu oi get how tile works (smart being able to tile IDs of portals via a formula it memorized form the first 2 clones)

also sometimes an structturei copy does nto fit in the world (mostly cause of tiling) its becuasethe last clone doesnt fit in by 1 pixel line i wish there was a way to fit it in and lsoe that line form the structure (optinal ofc) and or atleast say why it doesnt fit (because there is 1 lien fo blocks that doeoesnt fit fomr the last stucture) (or 20 structtures and X lines fomr a stricutre doesnt fit ( sometimes you just dotn knwo how many cloens fits in a lien and aretoo lazy to coutn out (or is too mcuhwork) and just guess hwo many tiles u can make if too mcuhyou dotn know if its TOOO much or just a little too much))

EDIT: nnice work if ur reamkgin this in EEU i love to use your bot but i woudl love to see CB first XD lukem an dbtw how were tour exams?

peace.png

peace1562490422754278

Board footer