Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-09 02:20:40, last edited by Norwee (2018-10-20 18:12:29)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Norwegianboy's official reviews of EE Tournament worlds.

Use CTRL + F if you want to search and find your entry. 

- ROUND 1 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- LOSERS ROUND 4 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- LOSERS ROUND 5 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- WINNERS ROUND 4 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- LOSERS ROUND 6 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- LOSERS ROUND 7 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- WINNERS ROUND 5 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- LOSERS ROUND 8 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- LOSERS ROUND 9 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- WINNERS ROUND 6 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- LOSERS ROUND 10 ENTRIES -

Hidden text

- THE FINAL ROUND -

Hidden text

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2018-09-09 02:26:52, last edited by drunkbnu (2018-09-09 02:27:37)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Norwegianboy's official reviews of EE Tournament worlds.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Really bad winning level

That's because it wasn't intended to be a winning level, lol.

But I guess...

Secret.png

The mystery continues...

Wooted by:

#3 2018-09-09 04:19:04

Minimania
Moderation Team

The true winners here are those worlds that make you ponder about the mystery of how their owners thought they would actually be okay to submit.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#4 2018-09-09 04:22:39

azurepudding

[Radioactive Sunflowers]

I agree that the gameplay in this round's entry is a bit lacking unfortunately, though I did want to do something more than having just a question mark in the world, or reach the end to find out who did something (as that feels a little theme-skipping to me, unless it's hint-and-guess which is what I did.. but with food! Heh.. I almost went with a robbery of the MusEEum, but Large to Medium, and with switch block machine.. couldn't really work it).  Ah.. I really wish this theme had came later with a larger world, as it's hard to convey a mystery when you can see half the world!  Vision blocks when??

For awhile I had considered purple blocks changing up the mini but I felt with what little gameplay area was left, it might've gotten messy pretty fast.. though team blocks did skip my mind.  I could have used those, oops..  With limited space to play through, I didn't want the world to be TOO short (I mean, it's short as it is), and hoped that the randomized samples could keep things mildly interesting.  Anyway.. this is probably a concept that'd be better utilized in a larger world.  Pending the other judge's votes.. if we move forward I'll focus more on gameplay again.  This time concept was favored but sadly a randomizer eats up so much space //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Thank you for the feedback.  If I do remake this later in a larger world, expect less cramped design and more diverse gameplay! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Azure2.png

#5 2018-09-09 04:31:16

Joeyc

Wow it was actually pretty close, good job to I'm 2nub

Wooted by:

#6 2018-09-09 06:39:24

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Am I fool or did I miss LR3 review?

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#7 2018-09-09 06:53:33

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

good, you back with reviews.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

#8 2018-09-09 08:27:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

(Don't ask me to make reviews of the earlier rounds. It's not happening.)

Pipec wrote:

Am I fool or did I miss LR3 review?

Wooted by:

PTU

#9 2018-09-09 10:14:35

peace

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Art: 2/10
Art points for minimap question mark block. Otherwise it doesn’t look good.  yeah well it was firstly hard to think of what to build where art woudld look good in too i orginay had the idea to make a mysterious maze wiht secrte blocks but then i would have NO art so i had to think of a better idea i came along wiht this but ha dot rush wiht time goo that i ha dmy plugit bot the platforms were firtsly randomly placed wiht basic gray and were adjusted a bit and i added some ofc only gray basic woudl look bad so sinc ei had like 1.5 hour left i decied to make them go from whit eto black
wiht shade so ti altealst looked better

Gameplay: 2/10
The gameplay fails due to the fact that the level literally becomes a time waster near the end. You have to gamble for 1 out of 24 effects, but to get to the victory trophy the requirement is to get every single effect at least once. Meaning you’ll waste ages on those last 3-4 coins. Something which may take hours. I did not finish the world due to this reason. Other than that, the gameplay is acceptable, but i got stuck sometimes due to getting an combination of effects that doesn’t allow one to leave the starting room. There are too many untested variations of effects which really makes it impossible to properly design an challenge room to accommodate them. Though you tried. Some points for attempted creative level design. well time qwaste havent really thoguht of that honestly
i wanted all effects and a few of the multi jumps and poisons ofc its luck based what you get maby i had to make thet blue coin a switch 1 too so you had more chanc eof getting 2 effects abotu effect combination i havent really thoguth of it i have tested multiply effects i wasnt sure of hence i added team doors for low jump/zombie i also added arrows for some gravity effects in combine wiht low jump then i laste rreleased low jump+zombie was **** and like unplaybale i did not want to fix that as it become a mess to add hrundgdreds of team doors what could make a solo effect unplayable slow speed+zombie havent really tested it either but i gues i guessed that it was possible havent really tested anythign wiht low grav as i thought it could jump hihg and over all the platforms btu i guess now i think about it that its quite hard to control low grav+high jump... had to test that sorry forgot to do that about the posions yes they ar emeant to be unplayuable atleats for the 1 sec one havent tested if you coudl be fast enough for 10 sec one and 30 sec one well i guess i could imporve this level later i am planning to make a laist of all my tournament worlds once its over so i will mostlikly make minor chnages to em while i have uunlimited time

Creativity: 6/10
The concept is the best part of the level, i just wish it was done better. Fewer effects and better level design for example. yeah i just wanteed all effects so it was more ranodm what you would get maby i could lower the requirements for winbrick to like 20 coins and add a crown for 24 coins i think then it doesnt take long and maby i csn think of more nicer platforms
Theme adherence: 10/10
Mystery mario block. yeah i aksed multiply poeple who were playing my levle in my last few minutes of building and they all said it sorta fitted so i was happy i choosed a right level ive never expected you coudl make a world in like 2 hours that is still decent but i surely will improve it later maby when i have more time
Total: 20/40

GG i won GG er wait is the judge period only 1 day? or is this just your point to me and it now 1:0 fo rme? well ill say somethign about each point you describled and gav epoints for

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2018-09-09 10:46:31

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

peace wrote:

GG i won GG er wait is the judge period only 1 day? or is this just your point to me and it now 1:0 fo rme? well ill say somethign about each point you describled and gav epoints for

It's only my vote. So it's at least 1:0 in your favour.

#11 2018-09-09 10:57:49, last edited by TaskManager (2018-09-09 10:58:26)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

lots of text

wow wtf
didn't know that peace is into wall of text debates

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#12 2018-09-09 15:25:21, last edited by 2b55b5g (2018-09-09 15:37:36)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Wow, that was pretty close. At least I tried.

Max energy is useless for me but I don't care //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#13 2018-09-09 15:38:20

Introduction

>tfw opponent not submit for the 3rd time

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#14 2018-09-09 15:42:21

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Why are you so lucky??

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#15 2018-09-09 17:52:11

peace

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Why are you so lucky??

2b this is only HIS vote yet

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#16 2018-09-14 14:49:05

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Updated.
IGVsrkm.png

#17 2018-09-14 15:36:16, last edited by Different55 (2018-09-14 15:38:05)

Different55
Forum Admin

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

So uhh… What happened Different55? Too little time? Too much pressure? It’s just a nightmare to play this...

Had a few too many days where my entire day was dominated by Other Things. Doesn't really matter now but if it had been finished it would have been a race against the clock to convince an impatient and very bored god that you're worth any amount of attention before he decides to chuck you in a box for time and all eternity, forcing you to weigh your skill against the amount of time you have left and against the amount of interest you still need to grab.

Instead it's half sketched out and the other half is scrawled in at the last minute and so untested parts of it are actually broken and it's none of the things I wanted it to be. Maybe I'll finish it some time after the tournament in a larger world.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#18 2018-09-14 17:25:29

Introduction

its good to know I have a +1 point for round losers 5, my world gameplay was garbage and so was the art, but I really didn't knew what to do at this point. At least I got +10 points for theme

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#19 2018-09-14 20:43:35

azurepudding

Huh, I thought out of the 5 judges that I'd at least get your vote, for some reason.  My opponent's world had a nice, simple aesthetic, but I found it too difficult to be fun, plus you mentioned the death limit was slapped on, which is something I wanted to avoid.  I wanted a more creative use of death doors/gates, after having played end quote's level which I thought was really cool.  Though I guess you didn't find their world as frustrating as I did. 

About hiding hardmode.. well.. most who've tried it were unable to beat it, mainly due to the first segment I guess, which is a lot harder to do deathless than I originally thought.  Second section is easy and the boss you just have to be careful not to bump into a bone.  Maybe I should've gone with the originally planned 1 life mode.

Won 3:2 tho.. that is much too close for comfort, hopefully this time I won't wait until the final day.  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Azure2.png

#20 2018-09-18 13:19:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Updated.
A bit lackluster round this time in my opinion, the only level i really liked enough to give a high score was by SHUTU P's team.
Also 3 non-submits which is disappointing by this point.
OgBFanO.png

#21 2018-09-18 15:29:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

>when you put less effort into arting this world than the previous one and get 2 points more for the Art criteria
I'm confused

i8SwC8p.png

#22 2018-09-18 15:43:19

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

TaskManager wrote:

>when you put less effort into arting this world than the previous one and get 2 points more for the Art criteria
I'm confused

Well suppose that's it then, it had less over saturation and focus on just having art that works with the gameplay.
Moral of the story: Try less next time.
88mYHfu.png

#23 2018-09-18 15:47:53, last edited by TaskManager (2018-09-18 15:48:17)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Moral of the story: Try less next time.

i did that in the round with musicman and it didnt work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

i8SwC8p.png

#24 2018-09-18 17:41:53

Wizard2002

Strange, does anybody know why CK and Unua didn't submit a world? Did they just not have any time to build something or are they not interested in the tournament anymore...

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#25 2018-09-18 19:24:28, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-18 19:25:07)

azurepudding

Cirno and Touhou..? OW!  I've actually never played those games.. I get people calling my character Cirno a lot (As well as Elsa and Navi), but I never knew of her until much later.  Charlo is my own creation for a few years now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

As for borrowed ideas.. It didn't hit me until after that the egg cracking thing had been done.  But it's diiiifferent, it's in a bowl, not a pan!!!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad totally different..!

By one point, oof.. too close!  You betcha I'll work even harder on the next round if I make it.  Maybe less switch reliant so there can be more room for gameplay and/or art.

Azure2.png

Norwee1540235330728894

Board footer