Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 2017-08-11 10:07:59

Anatoly

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

Before we even start with RNG again (what we hopefully won't):

We have to answer this questions:

• Who was the victim?

• Who was attacking today?

• Who will be next Victim

I am pretty sure now that Luka504 is Doctor, so there is a problem: Will he heal himself or will he heal someone else? The point is, that we also know AlphaJon is RoleBlocker. So one of them will be for sure attacked by Mafia. I'd also say Processor is a townie, and that's why he completely lost interest in the game.

I got some shortcuts questions:

#203, #205: "FFs Luka." - Devlin

• What's FF?

#224 "+role card"

• What he tries to say with it?

#231 "DQ"

• What's an DQ?

• What's a Mafia Trvial? (English vocabulary)

Also depending on what we know so far is:

My Theories:

• JaWapa attacked Devlin

• JaWapa attacked anyone

• Somebody else attacked Devlin

Sources & Log:

• 203 – JaWapa votes for Luka, and says that me and Devlin are Mafia, suggests to lynch us in any order

• 212 – JaWapa gives advice for the Doctor to spawn.

• 213 – Luka504 healt Devlin

• 213 – Luka504 thinks JaWapa is Mafia, doesn't vote

• 217 – Devlin knew facts from sapizza. But he continued playing "without" them, so JaWapa is his victim (Take also care JaWapa voted for this) -> That means that JaWapa is not Mafia, and votes against him are useless.

• 225 – AlphaJon says, that Devlin is no reason to be attacked, and someone else was attacked, so from my theories (above this list class), it would be the second one, which isn't as same as 217 (above bullet point), that means

• 226 – MrJaWapa says Devlin is Mafia, so we get a problem: Devlin was healed, and (seems like) attacked by Jawa. Jawa was roleblocked by 227, so everything Jawa told us were lies, and in fact Devlin and Luka aren't Mafia.

• 227 – AlphaJon tells his role: RoleBlocker; votes for Jawa

• 231, 232, 234, 235 – hummerz5, Slabdrill, jkdrip, Onjit say it is JaWapa

• 239 – Evilbunny unvotes

• 240 – jkdrip unvotes

• 241 – Evilbunny creates a list of his "Mafias"

• 241 – Jawa says it's me; doesn't vote

• 244 – jkdrip creates his own mafias list; double posts: Votes for Luka.

• 249 – Creates his Mafia List, also tripple posting is not allowed per the forums rules.

Onjit wrote:

Right now we have two main stories:

Luka (doctor) protected Devlin
and
AlphaJon (roleblocker) blocked Jawapa

Actually we got a 3rd story: Nobody was killed during Night. That means Luka had healed the right one, or Jawa was indeed roleblocked.

#252 2017-08-11 10:27:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay this is my beginning of the day long post. I'll start with my defence on Jawapa's claims and then address my thoughts on the night results and what has been said since.

Response to Jawapa:

Hidden text

My thoughts on the night:

Well that was honestly the best possible result we could have asked for! I thought I'd screwed the town a little bit when the day ended in a no lynch but in actuality it was perfect. We are in exactly the same position as D1 player wise except now we have information on people both from what they have been saying and how the PR's have had a chance to investigate people.

We now have 2 possibilites here. Either Jawapa is Mafia and was role blocked by AlphaJon or the Mafia tried to kill me and Luka saved me. So let's take this one at a time:

IF the first possibility is true then it means Jawapa is Mafia. That is some solid evidence against Jawapa and a good strong reason to have him lynched.
Alternatively IF the Mafia did attempt to kill me then we have to ask ourselves why? What would make me a target?

AlphaJon wrote:

Luka said he healed Devlin, which makes me believe it was indeed a roleblock, because I don't see mafia targeting Devlin.

I very much agree with this. I really don't see why it would be a good idea to shoot me. Most players were fairly suspicious of me so surely it would be a good idea to keep me alive as a lynch option. This makes me believe that I would have only been a target if the Mafia wanted to silence me. They'd only want to silence me if I was on the right track as to who was Mafia. The people I mainly called out as potential Mafia were Slabdrill, jkdrip, diff, jawapa and AlphaJon. We can elliminate AlphaJon since he role claimed leaving just the other 4.
The fact that Luka healed me reinforces the idea that it was infact a role block that prevented last nights kill. If this is the case we lynch jawapa.
If it was instead my head that was destined for a bullet, then that would mean jawapa is still a potential scum. Personally I think if it was Luka's heal that prevented the kill then the most likely person to be Mafia, out of the 4, would be Slabdrill. But since In 1 scenario jawapa has a 100% probabilty of being Mafia and in the other he has a theoretical 25% chance of being Mafia, I think lynching jawapa would be a good use of the lynch today.

Evilbunny wrote:

I don't know what to think about luka and devlin any more.

Luka is almost definately the doctor. The information he gave about his role and his results seems too acurate to be lying. If Luka is town then I'm hoping that also clears my name since my main crime seems to be defending him. I strongly consider you town now so you don't have to worry about me making any pushes against you. Instead, if you come under fire, unless the reason is valid, I will defend you as aggresively as I defended Luka.

I'd also like to say that as you may know from previous games and this one, as well as what you will learn from future games, is that I will aggresively defend anyone I think is either strongly town or being attacked for a stupid reason. The 3 main stupid reasons I consider are: victim of RNG, not saying much and is a noob. I don't think any of those are valid reasons by themselves to warrent a lynch. They can be used as evidence to support other reasons but if they are the only reason the player is being lynched I will defend them. 

hummerz5 wrote:

hey guys again can I motion to throw out any talk of role cards?

Besides, giving the dictionary definition as we have makes confirmation by mafia trivial. Google word. Check definition. First to claim wins gold medal.

Can I have my gold medal now please?

Seriously though I agree with your statement. Once I gave the definition like that it would have been fairly easy for anyone to find the word and hence everyone now knows the final word on the role card. Therefore stating you know it does not clear you as Town. Besides, for all we know the Mafia role card could end something like 'you win when all threats to the Mafia are eliminated'. So it doesn't really prove anything.

Onjit wrote:

This raises a few questions:

1) Who was the mafia's target?
2) Are either of these claims true, and if so, which one?

Well I think that both are true it's just that only one could have had an effect. Tbh they could both be true again. For example if jawapa tried to kill me but was role blocked by AlphaJon.

AnatolyEE wrote:

I got some shortcuts questions:

#203, #205: "FFs Luka." - Devlin

• What's FF?

FFS means for **** sake.

AnatolyEE wrote:

226 – MrJaWapa says Devlin is Mafia, so we get a problem: Devlin was healed, and (seems like) attacked by Jawa. Jawa was roleblocked by 227, so everything Jawa told us were lies, and in fact Devlin and Luka aren't Mafia.

It would appear so yes.

AnatolyEE wrote:

249 – Creates his Mafia List, also tripple posting is not allowed per the forums rules.

Double and triple posting rules on the forums do not apply to Mafia games fyi (for your interest).

Onjit wrote:

Also, I'm not sure if either of them have been online, but what specifically was shared between Luka and Sapizza and Devlin?

Personally I do think Maxi should post the screenshots that I sent him or at the very least just the first one where Sapizza tells me what he does. Because whilst what he told me isn't much it does have a small effect and I think everyone has the right to know all the information as it is unfair that only I have that. @Maxi I'd encourage you to share what I was told but it's your game and your rules so your choice.

So inconclusion, no matter what the cause of the no night kill was, jawapa is a potential threat in one and a confirmed threat in the other. I think it is fair to say that if anything, jawapa is the most likely person to be Mafia based on the information we currently have. Now we must decide if we wait for the cop to investigate jawapa at the end of this day to confirm our theories or if we should lynch him today for being the most likely candidate.

I personally think we should lynch him today so for now:

!vote MrJawapa

Here are also my general reads:

Gosha - Uknown, probably Town.
MrJaWapa - Scum.
hummerz5 - Strong Town.
Different55 - Unsure.
jkdrip - Unsure.
Slabdrill - Suspicious.
luka504 - Doctor.
Evilbunny - Strong Town.
AlphaJon - Role Blocker.
Onjit - Town.
AnatolyEE - Strong Town.
Processor - Town.

Devlin - As Diff said, I am Satan.

Maxi - Please share info.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#253 2017-08-11 10:34:10

Onjit
Website

What's the current votecount? I'm going to vote Jawapa but I don't want to take it to Hammertown.

:.|:;

#254 2017-08-11 10:37:03

Anatoly

Devlin wrote:

IF the first possibility is true then it means Jawapa is Mafia. That is some solid evidence against Jawapa and a good strong reason to have him lynched.
Alternatively IF the Mafia did attempt to kill me then we have to ask ourselves why? What would make me a target?

Lets don't exclude:

JaWapa is Mafia, but didn't do the kill (what actually could make both statements true).

Devlin wrote:

IF the Mafia did attempt to kill me then we have to ask ourselves why?

It looks like RNG. I'm not sure, but RNG would be best explanation.

#255 2017-08-11 10:37:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Jawapa and Luka have 2 votes each.

I'd unvote in an instant if jawapa gets too close to a lynch though. We have time and we don't need to waste it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#256 2017-08-11 10:38:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:
Devlin wrote:

I'd disagree. Mafia kills are almost never RNG as it would be unwise for them to do that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#257 2017-08-11 10:43:48

Anatoly

Devlin wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
Devlin wrote:

I'd disagree. Mafia kills are almost never RNG as it would be unwise for them to do that.

But if Mafia in fact chose you? What will be a followed theory then? JaWapa told multiply times that me, you and Luka are Mafia. That means that we will be in fact Mafia, right?

#258 2017-08-11 10:48:08

Onjit
Website

It seems like it'd be pretty foolish for the mafia to use RNG, there's no benefit to them strategically.
Usually the meta for mafia choosing who to kill is: PRs > Vocal players > Lurkers

I find it more likely that they would have targeted Luka, who admitted to being the doctor D1 iirc.

Wooted by:

#259 2017-08-11 10:49:30

Anatoly

Onjit wrote:

It seems like it'd be pretty foolish for the mafia to use RNG, there's no benefit to them strategically.

I'm not getting it. Jawa used to start RNG elimination on D1

#260 2017-08-11 10:49:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

But if Mafia in fact chose you? What will be a followed theory then? JaWapa told multiply times that me, you and Luka are Mafia. That means that we will be in fact Mafia, right?

No. If Jawapa is accusing us of being Mafia and then turns out to be Mafia it would mostly clear our names since if he was Mafia he would want to accuse town members as Mafia to get them lynched and tell us Mafia members are town to protect them.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#261 2017-08-11 10:51:29

Anatoly

Devlin wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

No. If Jawapa is accusing us of being Mafia and then turns out to be Mafia it would mostly clear our names since if he was Mafia he would want to accuse town members as Mafia to get them lynched and tell us Mafia members are town to protect them.

Okay, got it. But we still got no answers to:

• How many mafia's exist?

• Who are his teammates?

We could answer it if we would know whome Jawa had protected.

#262 2017-08-11 10:52:19

Onjit
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:
Onjit wrote:

I'm not getting it. Jawa used to start RNG elimination on D1

We used RNG because we didn't have any information

The mafia has all the information, so they would want to use the kill properly

#263 2017-08-11 10:52:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

In most games there are 3 Mafia members. If Jawapa is Mafia then I think we should look into Diff since they have a slight connection through their constant agreement but other than that idk.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#264 2017-08-11 10:55:52

Anatoly

Can it be that Processor is a townie or detective (if detective exists). He is in the background and spying.

#265 2017-08-11 10:58:41

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

Can it be that Processor is a townie or detective (if detective exists). He is in the background and spying.

Possibly, but I think I may know who the cop / detective is if there is one. I don't want to call them out on it because I don't want the Mafia to suspect them.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#266 2017-08-11 11:00:59

Anatoly

Devlin wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Possibly, but I think I may know who the cop / detective is if there is one. I don't want to call them out on it because I don't want the Mafia to suspect them.

I'd woot you, but I already had enough for today.

#267 2017-08-11 12:40:10

Anatoly

Ill go so do not expect me talking until evening. (in my time zone)

#268 2017-08-11 13:21:00

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Since I'm unsure of voting for Luka or Jawa, I suppose it makes the most sense to not vote the guy that might be our doctor.
!unvote

Doesn't mean I don't think Luka is maf. We just need to confirm either Alpha's role claim or Luka's. This is best done with a Jawa vote.
!vote Jawa

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#269 2017-08-11 13:35:20

hummerz5

Onjit wrote:

As for what the setup is, to answer Hummerz's question

very much appreciated. So you're saying a vig might very well have waited on n1 so they aren't hunted down? Is that good strategy? also thanks for posting

mr proc where art thou

I think there's a third possibility in the mrjawapa/alphajon gambit but it seems unlikely.

Devlin wrote:

If Jawapa is Mafia then I think we should look into Diff since they have a slight connection through their constant agreement but other than that idk.

this is a good point. I noticed that as well. It's loose but there.

#270 2017-08-11 13:52:40

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

What's the 3rd possibility? Luka and Dev both maf or something?

#271 2017-08-11 13:53:11

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Sorry, meant Luka and Alpha. Big difference there.

#272 2017-08-11 14:02:29

AlphaJon

About the night feedback, I asked maxi during D1, and he said that noone can know if he was roleblocked.

#273 2017-08-11 14:06:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AlphaJon wrote:

About the night feedback, I asked maxi during D1, and he said that noone can know if he was roleblocked.

Thought so, since that's how it tends to work in most games.

So it is perfectly valid that Jawapa was unaware that he was role blocked if he was Mafia. Furthermore, if both Luka saved me and Jawapa targeted me for the night kill then perhaps Jawapa was assuming he wasn't the target of the role block when he called for the role blocker to reveal them self.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#274 2017-08-11 14:12:46

AlphaJon

Despite the eliminated text, I still think JaWapa has to be lynched today.
IMO, those here who made readlists are putting people on the town side too easily. We are D2, noone is supposed to put in 5 people as town.
The low-posters are an annoying thing. How are we supposed to play if we have several people not even participating apart from the occasional 2 posts before going away again?

Wooted by:

#275 2017-08-11 14:33:26

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Here's the current vote count. If I missed something correct me.
[3] Jawa - jkdrip, Alpha, Dev
[1] Luka - JaWa

I'd also appreciate it more if people in general would just put their vote out there. That'd tell the rest of us where their mind is at. Or maybe you have a good reason not to idk

AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer