Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#226 2017-08-11 02:45:52

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

AlphaJon wrote:

Luka said he healed Devlin, which makes me believe it was indeed a roleblock, because I don't see mafia targeting Devlin.

Of course not, because he's mafia.

Discord: jawp#5123

#227 2017-08-11 02:52:59

AlphaJon

Well, I believe you're mafia, JaWapa, because I roleblocked you tonight.

!vote MrJaWapa

#228 2017-08-11 03:09:21

Evilbunny

AlphaJon wrote:

!vote MrJaWapa

I was thinking that it is weird you were mentioning role blocks so much and figured that was your role, but didn't want to call you out. So basically I believe you and want to see where this goes.

!vote MrJaWapa

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#229 2017-08-11 03:13:52

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

AlphaJon wrote:

!vote MrJaWapa

Could you elaborate on this, please? (I was even polite about it)

As I understand it, roleblocking prevents a user from doing something but doesn't tell you what their role is (or I could be wrong idk). How does roleblocking jawa tell you he's mafia?

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#230 2017-08-11 03:15:43

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I'm a vanilla townie.

If I was mafia, I wouldn't have sat idle last night. That's dumb

Also, I asked for RB to come forward earlier. I wouldn't have done that knowing I was RB'd. That's even dumber.

#231 2017-08-11 03:18:22

hummerz5

tbh mrjawapa has been rubbing me the wrong way... but anywho but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word. - rules. I mean surely he wasn't trying to get someone DQ'd that way but still he did say "+role card" or whatever

I could go with the mrjawapa vote. does that make three?

#232 2017-08-11 03:19:27

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

am considering a jawapa vote too

suddenly random sig change

#233 2017-08-11 03:20:01

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

hummerz5 wrote:

tbh mrjawapa has been rubbing me the wrong way... but anywho but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word. - rules. I mean surely he wasn't trying to get someone DQ'd that way but still he did say "+role card" or whatever

I could go with the mrjawapa vote. does that make three?

I'd be more willing to vote for him if I understood why the lot of you are voting him out.

#234 2017-08-11 03:21:32

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Nvm I get it now. Since he was roleblocked he couldn't have killed anyone.
!vote MrJaWapa

#235 2017-08-11 03:22:46

Onjit
Website

jkdrip wrote:
AlphaJon wrote:

!vote MrJaWapa

Could you elaborate on this, please? (I was even polite about it)

As I understand it, roleblocking prevents a user from doing something but doesn't tell you what their role is (or I could be wrong idk). How does roleblocking jawa tell you he's mafia?

I'm pretty sure that AlphaJon is saying that because he roleblocked Jawapa, and there was no kill, then Jawapa was the mafia doing the kill

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#236 2017-08-11 03:23:19

Onjit
Website

nvm you ninja'd me

#237 2017-08-11 03:25:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

but anywho but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word. - rules. I mean surely he wasn't trying to get someone DQ'd that way but still he did say "+role card" or whatever

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

No, I wasn't trying to get anyone DQ'd. I wanted to know what their role card said; I can't help if they copy word for word. Should be pretty obvious to paraphrase.

#238 2017-08-11 03:32:30

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I also want to point out that I had dropped hints on my role card earlier.

After proc had asked someone (can't remember who) to mention the last few words of their role card, I thought it was a good idea to do it myself.
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 05#p672005

MrJaWapa wrote:

Are we going to do something? We need to find the mafia. They must be eliminated.

#239 2017-08-11 03:43:10

Evilbunny

!unvote

Eh ok that was all good from jawapa.

In my opinion just based on what I've read and remember, my loose opinions have narrowed it down to
Gosha
Jkdrip
Slabdrill
Onjit
Anatoly

as possible mafia suspects. Thoughts?

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#240 2017-08-11 03:44:31

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Evilbunny wrote:

!unvote

Eh ok that was all good from jawapa.

In my opinion just based on what I've read and remember, my loose opinions have narrowed it down to
Gosha
Jkdrip
Slabdrill
Onjit
Anatoly

as possible mafia suspects. Thoughts?

!unvote

Could you elaborate on these?

#241 2017-08-11 03:46:28

Evilbunny

Actually scratch off jkdrip so I'm down to
Gosha
Slabdrill
Onjit
Anatoly

I think I might just be too trusting because all those people haven't posted much and that's my only reason to not clear them lol.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#242 2017-08-11 03:54:29

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Whether gosha is maf or not, he's incapable of hurting the town... he's incapable of doing anything. I guess we could lynch him for the hell of it.

Onjit has racked up a total of 2 useful posts. I've chalked it up to him not really wanting to play.

Slabdrill hasn't done anything that stands out to me.

Anatoly hasn't been particularly helpful. And all of this makes me believe he's mafia. I'd be okay lynching him.

#243 2017-08-11 04:03:47

AlphaJon

Just note that the eliminated thingy isn't only for vanilla townies, because while the top part of my rolecard is different, the last sentence seems identical to the vanilla one. (It also ends in eliminated)

#244 2017-08-11 04:04:20

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Evilbunny wrote:

Actually scratch off jkdrip so I'm down to
Gosha
Slabdrill
Onjit
Anatoly

I think I might just be too trusting because all those people haven't posted much and that's my only reason to not clear them lol.

Is that the only reason you claim these people to be suspects?

On a side note, I consider the following to be suspects:
Probably me idk, that's biased
Gosha (is banned lol)
Slab (seems to be just blending in)
Onjit (Hasn't said too much)
EB (Didn't say too much at the start, mostly just blending in with a couple exceptions. Leaning town)
Humz (kinda nuetral, blending in and such. Hasn't done anything too apart from the crowd)
Luka (Most suspicious. Has been the most over-dramatic one here, along with all the 'claiming doctor but might not be doctor' business)
Alpha (Might have lied about the role block to get us to vote for jawa. Maybe the actual role blocker person could step up then? Maybe not tho bc mafia target)
Anatoly (Was pushing to not vote for Luka d1, otherwise idk)
Proc (Has said so little, might have asked for the rolecard thing so that he'd seem town)

I'm changing my vote back to Luka for now. These all seem like reasonable lynches to me, however.

#245 2017-08-11 04:04:59

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Whoops. Bad memory is bad.
!vote Luka

#246 2017-08-11 04:16:43

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

AlphaJon wrote:

(It also ends in eliminated)

Because that's our win condition, when mafia is eliminated.

#247 2017-08-11 04:28:02

hummerz5

hey guys again can I motion to throw out any talk of role cards? one, it's bs. two, the role cards are probably formatted similarly. win conditions have parallels and copy & paste is easy. It's just as likely that the text was copy/pasted and key words changed.

Besides, giving the dictionary definition as we have makes confirmation by mafia trivial. Google word. Check definition. First to claim wins gold medal.

You guys see how this reasoning is annoying? I mean, I get that mafia leads us to snatch any sound logic we can, but this dabbling in role card specifics isn't sound or imo in the nature of the game.

tl;dr: no one should be "cleared" by the last word of a card

#248 2017-08-11 04:29:21

hummerz5

and lest you condemn me for constantly going after mrjawapa

the crux of the argument applies to devlin's clearance as well

#249 2017-08-11 06:02:58

hummerz5

1. Gosha - rip
2. MrJaWapa - might have a foot in his mouth, but did ask that good question about the devlin/whomever conversation.
3. hummerz5 - hi
4. Different55 - reasonable. I think his first "vouching" was town for mrjawapa, EB, and Devlin. Agreed a bit with mrjawapa but I don't want to do much harm because reasoning is just as likely to be purely reasoned. no ad hominem.
5. jkdrip - RNG isn't not caring. It's respecting that nothing realistically should happen d1 to incriminate because there's so little to discuss. We might still disagree on whether luka is genuinely hysteric (so use as meat shield) or playing us. But I guess disagreement shouldn't paint hard lines.
6. Slabdrill - not a whole lot. p quiet, but vocal via voting. As far as quiet goes, at least they aren't without pragmatism.
7. luka504 - Doctor fiasco, then not wanting to post. Could THIS guy be a jester? I mean that's probably a trite thing for me to say but his first post was literally "Im up for quiting this game" -- why would he join the game if he didn't want to play at the outset? He's pushing someone's buttons, surely. I guess if he's jester OR doctor he's still not a lynch target but a viable shield.
8. Evilbunny - seems pretty safe. I mean just about all he's said has seemed reasonable. He also had the first post. Though, I'm disappointed he didn't have proc in his list of non-talkers.
9. AlphaJon - "don't kill me n1" -- probably just a sentiment we all share. ... "Do it now then because I'll be the one to hammer if you go L-1" -- folks always say that it's the mafia to hammer. But to be fair at this point we had 50 minutes. " (It also ends in eliminated)" -- another example that key card words are common. I find him ultimately believable.
10. Onjit - playing awfully quiet. His ten posts were d1 funposting (forgiveable for sure) and a good question. Would like to hear more insight. Perhaps, having run a game here, I think he could share some thoughts on what structure this game might have.
11. AnatolyEE - feels like genuine newb townie. odd but sometimes not going with the flow is good, right? contrasting
12. Devlin - it's getting late and I don't feel like re-reading his literature. When I read it, it felt believable. Though again the key word claims are moot. I'll try and re-read sometime to do you the justice of a good read.
13. Processor - terribly quiet. not a fan at all. The whole idea about exploiting role cards was from this guy. I hope we see how useless it is. he's probably just busy but I mean except for our banned player he's got the least contribution.

leaning:
town
diff
devlin
anatolyee
alphajon

neutral
jkdrip
slabdrill
luka504
gosha
Evilbunny
onjit

mafia
mrjawapa
processor (if nothing else, so you talk more pls)

RE alphajon claim:
Further, the logic behind his claim is ****-for-tat. If it was false, it'd fire directly back on him anyway. Not a good claim for mafia to make. I say we take the wager and give him benefit of the doubt for claiming first.

RE EB's list:
Yeah those I can't argue against. I really just don't like putting people on the mafia list all that often. I mean that's reserved for like... potentially voting and such.

tl;dr: I wrote something at midnight in hopes of furthering the game. If I don't make sense, occupational hazard.

#250 2017-08-11 06:50:30

Onjit
Website

Alright, I'm back from uni, so I can actually make a long post

---

Right now we have two main stories:

Luka (doctor) protected Devlin
and
AlphaJon (roleblocker) blocked Jawapa

---

This raises a few questions:

1) Who was the mafia's target?
2) Are either of these claims true, and if so, which one?

---

MrJaWapa wrote:

Also, I asked for RB to come forward earlier. I wouldn't have done that knowing I was RB'd. That's even dumber.

This suggests to me that Jawapa didn't know he was role blocked, so I'd ask
3) @maxi: how detailed are you with night feedback?

Because if Jawapa wasn't actually roleblocked, then that obviously leads to suspicions that Alphajon's claim is false (which would mean that devlin was definitely the target).
Of course on the flipside, if he actually was roleblocked, which would make it uncertain who the actual target was.

---

Also, I'm not sure if either of them have been online, but what specifically was shared between Luka and Sapizza and Devlin?
Because as it stands now, it seems to me that Luka's claim has been effectively confirmed by Maxi calling them out on it.
ie. I don't think Maxi (as a host trying to balance the game) would want to just nuke one of the town's strongest roles on D2.

---

Final thoughts:
Luka's claim is true
Alpha's claim is dubious to me at the moment

Jawapa's talk about specific words on the role card seems like a stretch, but it could be either way. Seems like an odd gambit to pull as scum though. It's almost the equivalent of saying "my role card has green text on it just like yours so therefore i'm town"

I dunno, I'm probably looking at the wrong things :/

---

As for what the setup is, to answer Hummerz's question

We (supposedly) know two of the roles from the town: Doctor, RB
I'd assume that Maxi went for a pretty standard setup, so I'd say there's like an investigator on the town as well, either a role cop or just an alignment cop
There might be a Vig in the town as well, depending on how powerful he made the mafia. At any rate, because there wasn't a kill N1, we can assume that if there is a vig, they're not in the hands of a nub. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

As for the mafia, I'd say that there's likely 2 of the following: Cop, RB, Watcher, Framer
I'd think that the third member would probably be either a Goon or a Backup.

As for neutral roles, if there is one, I'd say it'd probably be an executioner, since it seems unlikely that two kills were stopped in the same night.
Also a 10v3 setup is more balanced than a 9v3v1 setup imo

Of course this is all speculation, because who knows, there might be no mafia at all! (what a dumb idea)

---

I might post a full list of readings later if anything interesting comes up/lurkers actually post something

Wooted by:
AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer