Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-21 01:56:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: "Being Offended"

hummerz5 wrote:

If life isn't fair, then yes, some bullying is constructive. It might not be right, but this world isn't perfect. Ignoring the fact that some people are [donkey depressions] doesn't help you cope with life. Early exposure gives you better defense/coping mechanisms.

Are you seriously trying to defend those who are guilty of bullying?  Life wouldn't be as hard for some if people were not ****.  This planet isn't perfect because people have **** attitudes, and refuse to do anything to make it better.  They have the "well, it's already ****, mind as well not try."

Discord: jawp#5123

#27 2015-12-21 02:01:18, last edited by Calicara (2015-12-21 02:04:29)

Calicara

@Crastopher: Skimmed your post. The guy who made that video obviously has/had depression which is a mental illness and I am not advocating for the bullying of people with mental illnesses. I've been through it all, bullying, anxiety. In middle school especially I was in a really dark place. I hated some people so much I wished they would die. When I was older I came to realize I was being selfish. My like sucked in school, but outside of school it was ok. The bullies were the ones who were really struggling. My mom always used to comfort me, but remind me that not everyone has structure in their homes or in their lives.

Still. Though I was never diagnosed with depression I learned to deal with the fear. I fought back. I didn't care what anyone thought, I knew I had self worth and in High School they stopped bothering me. I stopped letting petty words and remarks, online and real life, make me anxious. I grew up. I was forced to, but I did. And I'm glad I did.

But again, like Jawapa, you're taking me too generally. I'm not saying we should go out and bully children. Let me give an example,

A six year old makes this drawing: http://handwritinggym.com/sites/default … person.jpg

We don't tell this it sucks, we don't tell them they are a bad artist, because that's not what it's for.

Let's say this same picture was drawn by an 18 year old man, and this is the extent of his drawing skill. Using this as an example he thinks he is qualified for art school.  If someone tells him he sucks at because of this picture that's not bullying. It's telling someone the honest truth. It hurts to be told you're not good at something, especially when it's the thing you love to do. But it's not a bad thing, in fact it might make you reevaluate your life and try something new. All I'm saying is, we can't all be nice to each other all the time. It just doesn't work.

Try being nice to Westoboro Baptist Church, they will just tell you God hates you. Try being nice to ISIS, they will probably just kill you. Try going to North Korea and being nice, you'll probably just disappear forever. If should would be nice if niceness solved all the world problems, but unfortunately it does not. Sometimes we must be stern, sometimes we must fight back.

Jawapa wrote:

Life wouldn't be as hard for some if people were not undeniably pleasant person to be around.

Hypocrite much?

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#28 2015-12-21 02:17:14, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-12-21 02:20:56)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

I am not advocating for the bullying of people with mental illnesses.

Okay, but your your advocating "constructive bullying," AKA being a Richard Nixon.
And only people with mental illnesses?  Maybe this isn't what you meant, but words hurt all people.  Doesn't matter what illnesses they have.

Calicara wrote:

Try being nice to Westoboro Baptist Church, they will just tell you God hates you. Try being nice to ISIS, they will probably just kill you. Try going to North Korea and being nice, you'll probably just disappear forever. If should would be nice if niceness solved all the world problems, but unfortunately it does not. Sometimes we must be stern, sometimes we must fight back.

This is what I was talking about in a prior post.  "The world is already bad, so let's go ahead and make it worse."

Calicara wrote:

Let's say this same picture was drawn by an 18 year old man, and this is the extent of his drawing skill. Using this as an example he thinks he is qualified for art school.  If someone tells him he sucks at because of this picture that's not bullying. It's telling someone the honest truth.

So the truth now means being a Richard Nixon?  Again, there is criticism, and being an undeniably pleasant person to be around.

Calicara wrote:

Hypocrite much?

"A hypocrite is a person who - but who isn't?" - Don Marquis
"Everybody is a hypocrite. You can't live on this planet without being a hypocrite." - Paul Watson

That last quote is for you @WhoeverSaidIt,ICan'tRemember //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile  World is already filled with hypocrites, so I'm not going to do anything not be one.

#29 2015-12-21 02:38:02, last edited by Calicara (2015-12-21 02:39:10)

Calicara

Words only hurt people who allow them to. That being said it's different for people with anxiety depression. You call someone a name normally and they tell you to eff off, you call a person with depression a name and they might take you seriously.

They hypocrisy is that you are saying "Life wouldn't be as hard for some if people were not undeniably pleasant person to be around." You are not exactly the most pleasant person to be around yourself. It's hard to find credibility in your defense when you say things like:

" If you can't follow the rules, you don't deserve to play the game.  "Make the punishment fit the crime." No. FOLLOW THE RULES OR GET OUT."
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 52#p562452

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2015-12-21 02:42:15

Bimps

hello and welcome back to jawapa and failgirl101 **** contest

Wooted by:

#31 2015-12-21 03:58:12

Crastopher
Website

i... why is this even open for discussion? bullying is bullying. insults are insults. im about to lose my head over this.

Different55 wrote:

Take 5, and come back and make your points in plain english. Even if what you say has merit to it, nobody's going to take you seriously or even bother to read through what you say when you're hysterical, or at least when your text reads that way.

Insanity wrote:

LOL if you get offended by what someone says from behind a computer screen

Bimps wrote:

calm down ipwner and wait out your ban

Bimps wrote:

i really dont give a single crap whatsoever about however you all wanna word the same exact statement. i really dont give a single crap whatsoever how seriously people want to take me. welcome to the Debate section of the Official Everybody Edits Forums! This is where we "Debate" about topics! If you want to send irrelevant replies telling people to stop "Debating" and to calm down, maybe you should leave the "Debate" section and browse another section instead! Woah! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Calicara wrote:

I am not advocating for the bullying of people with mental illnesses. ... But again, like Jawapa, you're taking me too generally. I'm not saying we should go out and bully children.

why are you trying to avoid the fact that you support the action of bullying? like ok cool! youre all for NOT being absolutely horrible to people with mental illnesses! but apparently being horrible to everyone else is absolutely acceptable! Let's take a trip back to Kindergarten, where we learn how to be a Decent Human Being!

also i never said that you said you should go out and bully children! being a bad person isn't justifiable! jesus why is this so hard?

Calicara wrote:

Try being nice to Westoboro Baptist Church, they will just tell you God hates you.

literally are you kidding me! remember when the founder of westboro died and a bunch of queer people came with signs saying supportive things in protest to the westboro funeral raids? this happened!! westboro didnt do that!! they accepted their kindness!!

Calicara wrote:

Try being nice to ISIS, they will probably just kill you.

im about to burst a vein oh my god. like im going to get furious if i respond to this one. Look up a girl named Malala Yousafzai! She's won the Nobel Peace Prize! A prize for keeping peace! And you know why? Because she was kind to ISIS! Woahhhhhhh! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Jawapa wrote:

"The world is already bad, so let's go ahead and make it worse."

Jawapa wrote:

And only people with mental illnesses?  Maybe this isn't what you meant, but words hurt all people.  Doesn't matter what illnesses they have.

im so ready to write a freakin unnecessary essay on why bullying is never okay but you know what im just going to post these quotes instead.

you are supporting and defending bullying and harrassment calicara. theres no little "case-by-case" about it. you believe that harrassing people is an acceptable thing to do.

im gay

#32 2015-12-21 04:01:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

Words only hurt people who allow them to. That being said it's different for people with anxiety depression. You call someone a name normally and they tell you to eff off, you call a person with depression a name and they might take you seriously.

Lol, I don't even need to point out why this is flawed.

That quote came from a topic where someone being a bully tried to make a defense, and claim their actions were okay.  People were asking for punishments to be lighter?  Why?  It's a punishment for a reason, it's not meant to be all sunshine and rainbows.  If you were to follow the rules, and not break them 8 times in a row like the person who created that topic did, you wouldn't have to worry about being banned.  8 bans, and countless warnings.   All of that aside, how is that even relevant?  You have to try and find other things to argue because you realize you're losing this one?

If you are going to look up posts from the past, find ones that are at least semi-relevant.

"You guys are freaking pansies.
Mine as well lock this I guess -.-"
"Unreasonably: Because it's fun to see all the stupid reasons people get warnings and laugh at them."
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 28#p487128

This...
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 33#p540333

... is tied to these
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 47#p540247
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 64#p540264
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 83#p540283

I bring all of those up because you want to point fingers for being a hypocrite.

You pretty much indirectly insulting younger age group/anyone who doesn't want to be insulted by someone, and they get away with it:
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=32308

Tied with the above:
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=32136

@Bimps chatting with you in IRC: you are a person who insults all the time.  Pipe down.

#33 2015-12-21 04:19:08

Different55
Forum Admin

Crastopher wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Take 5, and come back and make your points in plain english. Even if what you say has merit to it, nobody's going to take you seriously or even bother to read through what you say when you're hysterical, or at least when your text reads that way.

i really dont give a single crap whatsoever about however you all wanna word the same exact statement. i really dont give a single crap whatsoever how seriously people want to take me. welcome to the Debate section of the Official Everybody Edits Forums! This is where we "Debate" about topics! If you want to send irrelevant replies telling people to stop "Debating" and to calm down, maybe you should leave the "Debate" section and browse another section instead! Woah! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I was just trying to help you out. If you actually want to debate with people and not just shout hysterically at them then you can't talk like a triggered tumblrina. Once somebody sees 5000 unnecessary extra punctuation marks they're just going to skip right over the whole thing. But if you don't care about actually having a conversation or possibly changing people's opinions or at least opening their minds to other viewpoints then rant away.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#34 2015-12-21 04:31:00

Bimps

Crastopher wrote:

i... why is this even open for discussion? bullying is bullying. insults are insults. im about to lose my head over this.

Bimps wrote:

calm down ipwner and wait out your ban

Bimps wrote:

dude first of all calm your ****, debating isnt supposed to get up to an 11 like this. second of all, if you are gonna lose your head, stop replying. third of all, the second quote isnt **** towards you. my fourth point is i **** SUGGESTED THE DEBATE FORUM I KNOW WHAT IT IS ABOUT YOU IDIOT

JaWapa wrote:

@Bimps chatting with you in IRC: you are a person who insults all the time.  Pipe down.

peepee thanks obama

#35 2015-12-21 04:45:23

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

JaWapa wrote:

Bimps wrote:

I KNOW WHAT IT IS ABOUT YOU IDIOT

#36 2015-12-21 05:02:46, last edited by Calicara (2015-12-21 05:03:34)

Calicara

@Jawapa: The fact that you had to drudge all those up just posts shows how desperate you are to prove a point.

As for your first point, It shouldn't matter why 1nsanity was banned, a good moderator does not threaten people to leave the game just because they can't follow rules. Although this brings up larger problems with the EE staff in regards to bans in general, and this is not the proper forum to do so.

As for you second point, I refuse to defend myself for every single post, but I will say this. I argued EE isn't a kids game, in fact because I think the population is so diverse it causes a lot of problems. I am also, by personality, a person who is very raucous. I can certainly understand why some people don't like that. But I do not go out of my way to bully children. Only one of those posts targets any players in particular, iPwner and Tomakakaz, but I have had issues with them for a long time. Another thing I refuse to defend. We have never gotten along and likely never will, but it's personal. (Not random.)

You are free to not agree/dislike my opinion, but you're not so much better yourself. I believe some bullying can be constructive, and that is that. Feel free to tell me GET OUT! But I' m not changing. There is nothing else to say.

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by:

#37 2015-12-21 05:22:06

Insanity

JaWapa wrote:

That quote came from a topic where someone being a bully tried to make a defense, and claim their actions were okay.  People were asking for punishments to be lighter?  Why?  It's a punishment for a reason, it's not meant to be all sunshine and rainbows.  If you were to follow the rules, and not break them 8 times in a row like the person who created that topic did, you wouldn't have to worry about being banned.  8 bans, and countless warnings.   All of that aside, how is that even relevant?  You have to try and find other things to argue because you realize you're losing this one?

>"losing"
>100% opinionated

200.gif

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (4)

#38 2015-12-21 13:24:39, last edited by Hostage (2015-12-21 17:18:45)

Hostage
Banned
Website

Me?A bully?No.I made this because i get bullied in school,get called names etc.
And i don't give a bimps . I ignore and there are still people insulting me,but i ignore it and avoid those people as much as i can not go and kill myself because some people were mean to me.
And people that are even worse than bullies are the people who are in depression,want to commit suicide AND TRACK IT ONLINE.They want the world to know that they are stupid enough to kill themselves,and they they comment on those videos: "ppl are who dislik dis are coldherted pepl!"No we're not coldhearted.We just think this crap should not be on youtube.

nvm jawapa didnt imply that to me

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#39 2015-12-21 17:13:50

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Crastopher wrote:

i... why is this even open for discussion?

because we're in the debate forum.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#40 2015-12-21 19:21:30

Raven
Formerly Diana2003

One day, I watched a video about a person who was bullied. She actually committed suicide.

By the way, it's hard to me to ignore someone who offends me, I overreact instead.

#41 2015-12-21 19:22:43

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

peugeot wrote:

stupid enough to kill themselves

?????? do u even suicidal bro

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#42 2015-12-22 02:34:19

hummerz5

JaWapa wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

If life isn't fair, then yes, some bullying is constructive. It might not be right, but this world isn't perfect. Ignoring the fact that some people are [donkey depressions] doesn't help you cope with life. Early exposure gives you better defense/coping mechanisms.

Are you seriously trying to defend those who are guilty of bullying?  Life wouldn't be as hard for some if people were not ****.  This planet isn't perfect because people have **** attitudes, and refuse to do anything to make it better.  They have the "well, it's already ****, mind as well not try."

Alright, we define "bullying" as the repeated abuse. Yes, repeated abuse isn't right. Realistically, the victim should be responsible enough to take efforts to avoid the issue. Sure, that may fail. once-off attacks are more what I'm permitting; you aren't going to live in a world without strife.

Ultimately:
Yes, the act of repeatedly verbally/physically abusing someone is wrong. But some amount of disagreeable folk in your diet is required, because you won't ever eradicate bullying.

#43 2015-12-22 02:43:59

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

you won't ever eradicate bullying

Not with that attitude.

Wooted by:

#44 2015-12-22 02:51:36

hummerz5

JaWapa wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

you won't ever eradicate bullying

Not with that attitude.

good one; the ol' attitude clincher.

Well, let's think psychologically. How did it come to be? People have crap in their life, they feel compelled to make others' lives crappy?
If that's true, you could magically reset all bullying to zero and have it return because psychology.
You could make it a moral no-no, but you'll still have people holding on to it. Geez, we break morals everywhere.

Wooted by:
hummerz51450749096569298

Board footer