Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-29 03:09:53, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-29 04:47:18)

Insanity

Permabanned for Censor Evasion?

bannedl0l.png

What the hell?

Jawapa hands out a permaban for evading censors even though they can fix that problem by implementing a better censoring system. Not to mention, I didn't even get an IP ban before a permaban. 1 day to 1 week bans, and then a permaban?

I don't understand how you managed to PMS so damn hard. It's pretty goddamn stupid to hand out a permaban, without any prior warning whatsoever that the next ban would be a perma.

Obvious lack of experience is evidently showing, not to mention you didn't even leave a reason in your ban. Is that what you call being professional? lmao

I'll list this for you so you don't have to. Here's my track record for getting banned:

CJ: 2 bans - We've established recently that CJ isn't exactly the paragon of a mod so I'm gonna disregard this
Master1: 2 bans - None of these bans lasted more than 3 days.
Jawapa: 4-6 bans - None of these bans lasted more than a week

IP bans: 0

Handing out a permaban before a single IP ban? Have you ever been a mod before?

So yea I think this ban was ridiculously unfair, maybe prior warning that "Hey, if you get banned for a few days, multiple times, I'll smack you with a perma" would've been useful. But you being 16 years old I can understand why common sense is an issue.

CJ gets a warning for constant harassing and humiliation of a player, but I get perma'd for using bad language? Says a lot about how ya'll run this game

tl;dr

Chat ban for chat abuse

not a full account suspension wtf?

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#2 2015-11-29 03:15:48

RhazzleFrazzle

Re: Permabanned for Censor Evasion?

Because someone with multiple bans from multiple mods wasn't given enough chances before being permabanned.

#3 2015-11-29 03:16:30

Insanity

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Because someone with multiple bans from multiple mods wasn't given enough chances before being permabanned.

multiple bans that were short and sparse

not to mention the reason wasn't even severe

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.

#4 2015-11-29 03:16:42

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I'm fairly sure you've been warned multiple times to stop evading the censors, and yes, it's fairly reasonable to assume that if you get banned eight or so times, that you're going to get permabanned.

i mean yeah i guess a warning that your next ban would be permanent would be good, but... still, you know it's against the rules to censor evade and you keep doing it. that's not the mods' fault.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#5 2015-11-29 03:19:31, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-29 03:22:33)

Insanity

Zoey2070 wrote:

I'm fairly sure you've been warned multiple times to stop evading the censors, and yes, it's fairly reasonable to assume that if you get banned eight or so times, that you're going to get permabanned.

i mean yeah i guess a warning that your next ban would be permanent would be good, but... still, you know it's against the rules to censor evade and you keep doing it. that's not the mods' fault.

Censor evading in a level with friends who already have their censors turned off

Where's the policy on how bans work?

Don't try to argue that I should've "known" this or that bs when there isn't even a system in place

#6 2015-11-29 03:30:25

a3person
Website

Here's a better solution. A perma-mute or a mute that last for a month. Muted people would only be able to use predetermined messages and wouldn't be able to use signs.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#7 2015-11-29 03:35:59

Slushie

a3person wrote:

Here's a better solution. A perma-mute or a mute that last for a month. Muted people would only be able to use predetermined messages and wouldn't be able to use signs.

Agreed. Why does he have to lose his entire account because he abused the chat?

ok

#8 2015-11-29 03:36:18

Pingohits
Banned

a3person wrote:

yes, it would make sense for the punishment to be dealing with chat

if it was something like account fraud or hacking, then an account ban would be reasonable

791mAP8.png

#9 2015-11-29 03:46:28

Minimania
Moderation Team

Insanity wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Censor evading in a level with friends who already have their censors turned off

Where's the policy on how bans work?

Don't try to argue that I should've "known" this or that bs when there isn't even a system in place

If their censors are off why would you evade them in the first place?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#10 2015-11-29 03:52:00, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-29 03:53:59)

Insanity

minimania wrote:

Why do ppl abbreviate words or expressions?

Force of habit/making it shorter

Wooted by:

#11 2015-11-29 04:02:44, last edited by AmdS (2015-11-29 04:07:52)

AmdS
Website

I would like to remember you in that Phinarose's world that you have said that words that maybe offended someone. I will not say it here because I think you have conscience of what have you said. You also spammed the chat saying these worlds. No ones is obrigatory to hear or read that. And I admit that I reported you for doing it with a screenshot of your chat. I understand you was just kidding but this maybe have offended some players. Like me. Pretty sure you was warnned so many times and you didn't stoped.

I reported you as I said, and you know you are always banned in this forum for almost the same reason.

It's your fault, maybe think before saying what you said in Phina's world. Think for every of yours actions, think every consequences you'll get. And you got it. Be better next time because I know you aren't this bad guy. Show your best, try to not avoid the censors.

#12 2015-11-29 04:05:14, last edited by Calicara (2015-11-29 04:05:46)

Calicara

a3person wrote:

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=32059

I have to agree with 1nsanity, though I've only been banned once, the fact is I am an adult. I swear. So what? The moderators play EE off as a 'kids' game, then why do we have the option to turn of censors in the first place? If the staff cares so much about language, then they should just have a censor period, and not have it be able to turned off. Otherwise language is fair game as far as swearing IMO. I've expressed my concern on this issue before, though I doubt it will be further addressed than it already has.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#13 2015-11-29 04:13:05

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

You were not perma banned for a single event of chat abuse.  You were banned because you have repeatedly broke the rules.  I alone have given you more than enough warnings.

Insanity wrote:

Handing out a permaban before a single IP ban? Have you ever been a mod before?

Yeah, perma ban before an IP ban.  8 bans + verbal warnings isn't enough to teach you to follow the rules?

Insanity wrote:

So yea I think this ban was ridiculously unfair, maybe prior warning that "Hey, if you get banned for a few days, multiple times, I'll smack you with a perma" would've been useful. But you being 16 years old I can understand why common sense is an issue.

My age has nothing to do with you being incompetent.  What's common sense is NOT harassing people.  You dare come here saying that it was unfair, even after being banned/warned more than enough times??

And nb4 you weren't warned of being banned.  And don't even try the "nobody reads that."  Not our fault.  You were provided the rules, you failed to follow them.  Deal with the consequences.

Everybody Edits Rules

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (4)

#14 2015-11-29 04:35:34, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-29 04:40:46)

Insanity

JaWapa wrote:

Yeah, perma ban before an IP ban.  8 bans + verbal warnings isn't enough to teach you to follow the rules?

My age has nothing to do with you being incompetent.  What's common sense is NOT harassing people.  You dare come here saying that it was unfair, even after being banned/warned more than enough times??

And nb4 you weren't warned of being banned.  And don't even try the "nobody reads that."  Not our fault.  You were provided the rules, you failed to follow them.  Deal with the consequences.

Everybody Edits Rules

How does abusing chat warrant a permanent suspension of the entire account? the hell?

If you say that I was abusing chat, just chat mute me permanently.

Somehow this comes as a shock to you, but your age is pretty evident with the bans that you hand out. A lot of them are poorly thought out. Half the bans I got were for using bad language with users who were on my friends list, in either mine or their level. Harassment? I don't harass players other than jokingly with players that know I'm joking, or actually aren't complete idiots.

Evidently that isn't you.

Common sense is not harassing people? Excuse me for having a good time with friends who are actually mature.

It says depending on the situation, the account will get permanently suspended. How does this situation warrant a complete account suspension?

Are you serious? If you cared so much about using bad language, why is there an option to turn off censors? Don't try to act smarter than you are.

You have zero qualifications whatsoever to moderate this game. Half the community knows this already.

Because if you were actually smart about it and knew what you were doing, you'd chatban me permanently instead of lashing out like an emotional 12 year old and bustin out an account permaban.

"You dare come here saying that it was unfair"

The fact that you say that makes me wonder why you think I wouldn't speak out about it. Sounds like a bit of a power trip taking place, due to the fact that you take the slightest bit of criticism very poorly.

#15 2015-11-29 04:38:32

Anak

Obviously you were reported to be banned for the offence, so one of your friends must not have been having a good time.
And if you're shortening the words, that's still evading the censor.

#16 2015-11-29 04:41:05, last edited by AmdS (2015-11-29 04:41:30)

AmdS
Website

@1nsanity

If we have the the button to turn off the censors people maybe don't know how to use it or don't know where is it (I mean new players). EE Staff just want to make the game safe and be fun to everyone and not reading sh**s when you say it. Try to understand that Everybody Edits it's a game for kids and most of all players are still kids.

And yes, I need to agree that banning you permanently is a bit too heavy. Just ban his chat and not ban him of playing the game.

Anak wrote:

Obviously you were reported to be banned for the offence, so one of your friends must not have been having a good time.

#17 2015-11-29 04:42:43

Insanity

Anak wrote:

random nubs who joined the world sent the reports. They could easily have left or /muted me

I shouldn't have to voluntarily try and censor my chat just because THEIR system isn't effective enough, especially when mods and admins use bad language all the time.

#18 2015-11-29 04:43:53

Abelysk

Yeah chatban would be better than acc ban imo

#19 2015-11-29 04:44:40, last edited by AmdS (2015-11-29 04:45:16)

AmdS
Website

Insanity wrote:
Anak wrote:

random nubs who joined the world sent the reports. They could easily have left or /muted me

I shouldn't have to voluntarily try and censor my chat just because THEIR system isn't effective enough, especially when mods and admins use bad language all the time.

Not really all the time, but I already have seen M1 and Nou saying **** or something but not so many times. My censors was on and I could not see it. When a new EE player creates an account, automatically the censors are on. If the censors are on, there is no problem.

#20 2015-11-29 04:46:19

Minimania
Moderation Team

Insanity wrote:
minimania wrote:

Time to let go of a bad habit, don't you think?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#21 2015-11-29 04:48:46

Insanity

minimania wrote:
Insanity wrote:
minimania wrote:

Time to let go of a bad habit, don't you think?

Yea, might as well use bad language with perfect spelling, because for some reason thats okay l0l

#22 2015-11-29 04:49:28, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-11-29 04:55:29)

Calicara

I'm just gonna leave this here:

tg05Wu6.png

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by: (5)

#23 2015-11-29 04:59:01, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-11-29 05:07:32)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Anak wrote:

This was the case.  Many, many, many times.

Insanity wrote:

If you say that I was abusing chat, just chat mute me permanently.

Here's a better idea... just follow the rules.

Insanity wrote:

How does abusing chat warrant a permanent suspension of the entire account? the hell?

Insanity wrote:

It says depending on the situation, the account will get permanently suspended. How does this situation warrant a complete account suspension?

Because you can't follow the rules.  You repeatedly break them.  It will not be tolerated.  Eight temporary bans, and numerous verbal warnings.

Throw the idea of chat bans out the window.  If you can't follow the rules, you don't deserve to play the game.  "Make the punishment fit the crime." No. FOLLOW THE RULES OR GET OUT.

EDIT: ffs... the image Cali posted was semi out of context.  I don't do drugs.  Bad wording I suppose.

Discord: jawp#5123

#24 2015-11-29 05:10:50, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-29 05:17:02)

Insanity

Talkin to you is like reasoning with a stubborn kid

If bad language is against the rules, why do mods and admins use it if they "follow the rules"

And if bad language isn't against the rules, why am I getting banned for using bad language?

The entire concept of "censor dodging" is bimpsing stupid because it's essentially saying its okay to use bad language as long as its spelled correctly, and if i spell it wrong, I get banned.

But evidently you're too stupid to actually reason with so eh

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2015-11-29 05:19:21

Slushie

JaWapa wrote:

"Make the punishment fit the crime." No. FOLLOW THE RULES OR GET OUT.

Lol, just this quote is enough of an argument for removing your moderator privileges. Please stop using EE as an outlet for your teenage angst.

The fact that someone of this mindset is in a position of authority over anyone is disturbing.

ok

Processor1448811778562559

Board footer