Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-07 12:01:36, last edited by ExFabian (2024-01-09 15:34:36)

ExFabian

everybodyedits.com HTTP certificate expired

Turns out that the HTTP certificate for the everybodyedits.com website expired 2 days ago, and you can't connect to the website anymore. It seems the owners forgot to update the certificate for this year, which is a bit concerning regarding the development.

UPDATE: As of the 9th, the HTTP certificate has been updated and you can access the website.

since 2012

#2 2024-01-08 00:11:10

Onjit
Website

Re: everybodyedits.com HTTP certificate expired

yeah but ee! isnt dead dude just trust me

:.|:;

#3 2024-01-09 15:33:40

ExFabian

The HTTP certificate has now been updated as of today.

since 2012

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2024-01-09 16:28:56

Onjit
Website

see i told you ee! wasnt dead

:.|:;

#5 2024-01-09 16:56:16

Edilights
Website

What would it happen if the certificate is not going to be renewed ?

#6 2024-01-09 17:47:47

Zumza

Edilights wrote:

What would it happen if the certificate is not going to be renewed ?

In worst case scenario EE.com wouldn't had remained the first link provided by search engines when you would had searched for "everybody edits".

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#7 2024-01-09 23:07:06

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

i remembered that just the all time, i played http from another browser that im not sure cuz it's not peak and my memories, WHY ARE YOU THE **** WITH HTTP??????????????

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

#8 2024-01-16 07:32:57

Boba
Wiki Mod

dude... how does this happen, lol

if you're not going to use the Everybody Edits IP, sell it to someone who will

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2024-01-17 08:30:42, last edited by N1KF (2024-01-17 08:58:46)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

That's not a good look. They should probably have a schedule planner with important info, including when certificates expire. (edit: unless there's a better way to do that. That's just my idea.)

Boba wrote:

It says less about the IP, and more about how they're just...not touching the site, which is mostly how it's been since EE shut down. I'm guessing EE!'s development is happening on other platforms, otherwise updating the certificate would probably be higher priority.

#10 2024-01-18 00:41:12

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

That's not a good look. They should probably have a schedule planner with important info, including when certificates expire. (edit: unless there's a better way to do that. That's just my idea.)

Boba wrote:

It says less about the IP, and more about how they're just...not touching the site, which is mostly how it's been since EE shut down. I'm guessing EE!'s development is happening on other platforms, otherwise updating the certificate would probably be higher priority.

For live, online, testing of the game you would want a domain name. So either they bought a different platform to test on, which begs the question: why would they?
Or, a bit more pragmatic explanation: they don't care, because the development is so stalled they don't even do tests.

#11 2024-01-18 05:12:12

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zumza wrote:

For live, online, testing of the game you would want a domain name. So either they bought a different platform to test on, which begs the question: why would they?

EE did not depend on the website. It was first playable on sites like Newgrounds or Nonoba, and functioned nearly identical on all platforms.

GGRiD has its own domain, with an email address Satanya has referenced in two posts. (1, 2)

Also, using a platform optimized for sharing code and assets may be more efficient. Can't speak for any professional game developers though.

Zumza wrote:

Or, a bit more pragmatic explanation: they don't care, because the development is so stalled they don't even do tests.

GGRiD is large enough to have five programmers from one country, and you think they're ALL stalling, and not one staff member has blown the whistle?

There is simply no information, beyond the nearly one-year-old statement. We're scrambling to make sense of a strange mistake, and showing our own biases.

#12 2024-01-18 09:03:48

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I care for EE deeply, and so do many of us here. Staff members such as Satanya, Minimania, mutantdevle, and Zoey2070 are fans of EE. And you probably are, too, so please don't accuse people of "not caring" lightly.

#13 2024-01-18 21:26:05

Zumza

N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:

GGRiD is large enough to have five programmers from one country, and you think they're ALL stalling, and not one staff member has blown the whistle?

Let me ask you something too:
The north pole is big enough to have hundreds of elves, and you think Santa Clause is not real, despite the fact no elf has ever blown the whistle?
Even if they exist, and they'd be willing to talk, they unfortunately signed an non-disclosure agreement contract with the Devil, which prevent them from saying anything.

Beyond the fact your question is absurd, Fixel, the lead developer, was hinted to be a USA resident.

In my opinion as a technical person, EE! would had been released already within this 3 years even if only one of those developers would had worked on the game full time.
(and Satanya did claim that the developers were hired to work full time)

---

The narrative itself fits so conveniently to justify the lack of a product.

First of, we only learn that the devs are from Ukraine only after the war starts.

Second of, we are let know that all these devs must all flee from danger. Thus one more coincidence: all these devs must be from the Eastern side of Ukraine. (The western part was and still remains relatively safe.)

Even more conveniently they claim (either in joke or not) that all of them died! source Zoey

This is so ridiculous!

Satanya claimed multiple times that there are no developers with less than 25+ years of experience (ex1 ex2), but the person charged with the PR, mutantdevle, when confronted with the reality that this would mean that the devs must be over 40 years old, changed the narrative to the one that there is only one experienced dev, with the rest being young. Moreover, mutantdevle claimed that we the community are responsible for this misconception. (chat 1 chat 2)

And this is not the only case like this. The staff backpedaled statements repeatedly.

There have been a lot of lies. And in my opinion, they tried to shut down all communication because it began harder and harder to lie.

Wooted by:

#14 2024-01-18 22:57:42, last edited by mutantdevle (2024-01-18 23:15:46)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Zumza wrote:

Satanya claimed multiple times that there are no developers with less than 25+ years of experience (ex1 ex2), but the person charged with the PR, mutantdevle, when confronted with the reality that this would mean that the devs must be over 40 years old, changed the narrative to the one that there is only one experienced dev, with the rest being young. Moreover, mutantdevle claimed that we the community are responsible for this misconception. (chat 1 chat 2)

Your phrasing around these quotes is very disingenuous. As you can see from 'chat 2', I am very clearly not speaking with certainty.

As far as I know, my statement in 'chat 1' is correct. That is my understanding from the things that Satanya has told me (in a conversation more recent than her statements in those screenshots). It is possible that I am the one who is incorrect, but I do believe that Satanya was mistaken when you she made those comments in 'ex1' and 'ex2'. Neither of us dealt directly with the team of developers as that has always been Fixel's responsibility.

To clarify the confusion around Zoey's statement, I do not believe she has been told the reason that the Ukranian developers are no longer part of the team. The only people that know that are myself, Satanya, Fixel and Vice-T. Minimania might know too but I cannot remember if he was present when Fixel and Satanya shared the news with us.

Let me be clear, the only people 'active' in the community that are informed about what is going on behind the scenes is myself and Satanya. Any comments from anyone else are at most speculation.

I accept any and all criticism around the lack of development and communication, including things such as us not updating the HTTP certificate immediately (which I do not wish to comment on at this time). But I draw the line when you come up with conspiracies and accuse us of creating a 'narrative' around something as serious as the Ukraine war. I personally feel that you have crossed a line here and have become incredibly disrespectful, to the point that I am actually embarrassed that I thought of you as someone who was critcising/asking about the game in good faith.

When we get to the point that I am made to regret even answering one or two questions here and there from people who appear genuine, it just makes me not want to have any activity in the community at all. And it just further justifies my decision to convince Satanya to stop sharing updates about the game and tells me that I should be sticking more rigidly to that.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to make another forum post about the game, but I felt it important to clarify a few of the things Zumza mentioned here.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#15 2024-01-19 09:44:23

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Zumza wrote:

The narrative itself fits so conveniently to justify the lack of a product.

It's genuinely cringe to still be hating on EE! in 2024. Leave your conspiracies in 2023 and stop posting garbage accusations.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#16 2024-01-19 11:55:22, last edited by Zumza (2024-01-19 11:59:44)

Zumza

The idea that this storyline of Ukrainian developers is not true, is not one of my own. It has been suggested way before that post.
What I did was to aggregate a list of available facts, evidence, and observations, and I formed a conclusion by applying a rational and skeptical evaluation.
It is not just a bland accusation, and this is what I believe made mutant have to comment.

Tomahawk a lot of accusations were posted before, and as a moderator you barely intervene, but now that someone also posts proof, you ask them to stop. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Instead of accusing me being disingenuous, why don't you clarify things for this community? Provide more facts, and evidence, that would lead to a different conclusion. That would be the constructive thing to do. But what you do is to blame and shame us for thinking critically of this situation.

How I see this, is just another backpedaling on the statements issued.
You're saying that Zoey doesn't know what she's talking about.
You're also saying that you or maybe Satanya don't know what you're talking about but most likely it is Satanya. Well then, who knows what they're talking about?
Since there's so much confusion within your team, I think you might want to check if someone is actually working for the game. It seems that communication is so bad, maybe you just assume someone is working when in fact nobody does.

Wooted by:

#17 2024-01-19 13:29:31

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Tomahawk wrote:

stop posting garbage accusations

I should clarify that this my opinion, not an instruction. You can post what you like, within the rules. Even if it's insensitive, speculative, unfounded and unconstructive, and makes the only EE staff member still engaging with us feel like it's not worth it, which it isn't.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (5)

#18 2024-01-19 22:28:07

Koto

I agree with how Zumzila feels.  I actually am not even convinced there was ever a game at this point.  What does it matter if the EE Staff does or doesn't interact with us, when they don't have anything to show.

#19 2024-01-19 22:55:53, last edited by MartenM (2024-01-19 23:11:06)

MartenM
Website

Ugh, why can't some people just sit back and relax.
If no new game is there to follow up on EE, I will happily live with the memories of the old one. Time way better spent than shaking up this forum with posts, that at the end of the day won't do anything meaningful.

And if there is a new one, it will be a happy surprise once we get some news.

Koto wrote:

I actually am not even convinced there was ever a game at this point.

The leaked forum nicely displays a lot of content that would be in the new game. So some work was done at least.
Not sure if that quantifies as a 'game' but getting to a playable state can take quite some time.

Edit: The certificate has even been fixed. Like there is at least some stuff going on. A sign of life! :p

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (2)

#20 2024-01-19 23:39:05

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

To add onto MartenM's point, here is where various sprites, backgrounds, and music were posted over the years. Game Business also has a few.

Zumza wrote:

The idea that this storyline of Ukrainian developers is not true, is not one of my own. It has been suggested way before that post.
What I did was to aggregate a list of available facts, evidence, and observations, and I formed a conclusion by applying a rational and skeptical evaluation.
It is not just a bland accusation, and this is what I believe made mutant have to comment.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't recall seeing these accusations on the forums. If investigations were formed privately, and have any real basis, then they should posted publicly. The burden of proof is on the accuser.

You can think the development is taking too long, or even speculate about development issues without assuming dishonesty over a very serious subject. At least use Hanlon's razor!

Zumza wrote:

You're saying that Zoey doesn't know what she's talking about.

...I can buy that.

I don't think this was malicious. Maybe just a cynical assumption, or she heard a rumour and believed it. But it's up to her if she wants to explain herself.

#21 2024-01-20 04:58:09

Minimania
Moderation Team

You could also maybe not expect us to just break down and disregard the NDAs we signed just to answer your questions, especially when they're about accusations that you admit to not even entirely being your own. Why haven't we gone into detail on it? Maybe consider that we aren't at liberty to. Not that we want to in the first place.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#22 2024-01-20 10:04:42, last edited by Edilights (2024-01-20 10:28:14)

Edilights
Website

Once I came back , nothing simply changed . It's still the same . (If I am restraining from posting replies , it doesn't mean that I look into topics.)
The HTTP is solved , so . (Thanks from the update from this topic)
I don't want to intervene ... Have this topic gone in a havoc situation?
Each time we discuss in a random topic (As an example , this one) , we discuss the EE defects and stigmas (as EE! upcoming game) which a part of this community will never know exactly what happened in the last years.
Players from this community could understand the whole plot .
When it comes to the players that have left the game and returned back in a certain time  , they will feel significantly confused with these questions in their head: "What the heck is going on here ? Why do they argue like this ? What's the matter ? What did this community become ?".
Could we be responsible to the causes and not to mislead information across the EE (Including the EE official game and fan-made mods)*? The answer is yes.
EE! developers should take their time to make the game instead of answering the feedback from the players.(Which it would grant to them , an amount of wasted time )
You can deliver any kind of information but please for the mankind stop with hiding behind the legality and truth.
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by:
Edilights1705741482798365

Board footer