Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-09 00:38:38, last edited by frostflare (2023-01-12 14:36:44)

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

discontinued

Hello, It's me silvermoonLight. Some of you know me as that weirdo who spent my free time draining the entire swamp in the Demo of Dragon Quest builders 1 back in late March of 2019 while I was still deciding if I wanted to buy the game.
(ps. I bought the game.)

Hidden text
Hidden text

After being requested by someone to do part 3 of the EE fanfiction. Or a thread with my unique hot take explaining what I didn't like about Sailor Moon. Looking back on this in retrospect? The person who requested this probably didn't want me to
leave and tried to come up with any excuse to get me to stay. I didn't feel like doing both so I decided to let the EE community vote in a secret undisclosed poll that was voted upon by how many views a single Mittopia photo gather compared to a
single Sailor Moon picture got in my cringe fic. And no surprise base off the thread title, this won.

Hidden text

The number of views on that photo has me a bit concern people are specifically viewing that picture for ''scientific research.''

I know some of you on discord were extremely annoyed at the tangents I went on about the show when the new movie was coming out. So I figured it would just be for the best to say I didn't like it in my last post I purposely made super cringy and move on. Yeah... for those of you who weren't in on the joke? Everything except for the Q & A I purposely design with the intention of giving our forum moderator stage 4 colon cancer knowing full well he had to read through the entire thing.

Why would I be that evil? For payback of course! He decided to troll me in-game back in late 2020 while I was AFK, and I took it personally! So I trolled him back through the help of inspiration from stories written by adolescence I found on Fanfiction.Net. My trolling didn't Work and he treated it like was just another Monday he had to deal with. Or maybe he cried alone later that night after he had logged off... I'll have to try harder next time.

It was still funny seeing the community's different hilarious mix reactions to my post. Especially the one guy who wanted the throw hands with a fictional man. Because oh yes! A pretty man is definitely going to magically come through your computer screen and steal ''Your Woman!'' But I digress. Look, I already know this post is probably going to ruffle some jimmies in the Sailor Moon community if it's ever seen. And knowing my luck? I'm going to get a few crazies showing up here creating accounts just to tell me off about how wrong I am despite any evidence I show to back up my claims. Because sadly in every community there's always that one guy.

Seriously though, I was kind of hoping Miitopia would win since everything that has been said about Sailor Moon has been said to death already. And especially since modern day Nintendo is a bit more lenient then Toei when it comes to any negative criticism of their intellectual properties. So if you see any of the footage I am about to post below suddenly vanish. Or if Different55, if you get a Email from Toei Animations allegedly asking for this to be deleted? That's why.

I suppose I should mention now before I continue any further with this. If you're from the Sailor Moon community and stumble across this thread by (Insert reason here.)
Please know that there maybe some things said in this thread that you may find difficult to swallow.

I may have watched the show and read the manga. And I know a lot about it since I grew up with it. (Thanks to the fact my older sister being obsessed with the show when we were kids.) But I'm not a fan of Sailor Moon or Naoko. If I were to ever meet her in real life? No offense, but her and I probably wouldn't even get along since I actively avoid people over the age of 9 years old like the plague who refer to themselves with titles like ''Princess.'' Because each and everyone of them tend to possess very similar personality traits that I don't mesh well with.


My personal taste in media would have to go to series like this.

Hidden text
Hidden text

Note: If your easily offended? Don't look up anything about Yu Yu Hakusho. (aka Poltergeist Report) If you decide to check it out anyways, get offended and try to cancel the show or creator for (Insert reason here.) Just know that Togashi's fanbase won't tolerate it.

I may have preferred the manga over the 90s adaptation. But the manga had many flaws that should have been addressed and fix in the new reboot of Crystal. (Lol, they weren't.)

This thread is essentially just one giant rant and I won't be going over every thing about Sailor Moon. All videos and imagery I'm using in this thread I obtained through public sites that can be viewed by literally anyone with a device that connects to the internet. I will also be talking about spoilers and very sensitive subject matter such as under age drinking and relationships, self-harm, suicide, death and incest. (Because nothing was sacred in this show.) All while trying to keep this as family friendly as possible. So if that offends anyone in any way? Leave now because if you decide to stay beyond this point? That's your own fault and you have no one to blame but yourself. I will also only be covering season one for now as sort of a trial period to see if Forum Staff will even allow this type of thread to be allowed on their platform. Also to test the waters to see if Toei will strike down any video I post below.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon. (later rebranded as Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon,) Was written by Naoko Takeuchi in 1991. That is a super sentai style show, written for girls. That features romance and draws inspiration from Mythology, Astrology, Astronomy, Religion, Gemology, and Fairy Tales. That revolves around a ditzy, fun-loving 14 year old girl named Usagi Tsukino. Who enjoys shopping, playing video games, and reading comics. Until one day she meets a talking cat named Luna and gets awakened as a soldier of justice, who's given a mission to gather her allies, defeat the enemy, and to find and protect the Moon Princess.

Every adaptation of Sailor Moon deviates from the manga, all while still trying to incorporate elements from it. Causing most adaptations to fall short of what it was trying to accomplish. Especially in later seasons in the 90s version. And I know some people online have brought up arguments that Toei should have just allowed Naoko to finish arcs of the manga so they have material
to work with. A part of me sort of agrees with this since instead of waiting, Toei opted instead to start production on the TV series in early 1992. When the manga had only finish its fourth chapter. Which resulted in problems such as massive filler. However, when I have bought up in the past to certain people that give Naoko a pity party over certain these things and remind them
she kind of willingly sign up for this as her job. They get mad at me.

Sailor Moon has also always been kind of that show that got drag through the mud when it came to it's official english dubs. (the 90s adaptation has 3 total) It was first brought over to the western market In 1995 by Toei after DIC won a bidding war against Toon Makers for the rights to the show's first two seasons. If Toon Makers had won back then? Sailor moon would have been completely forgotten about over here in the west because of this monstrosity they wanted to produce if they won.

Yes your seeing that right! They decided to black wash Sailor Jupiter, and they made Sailor Mercury a paraplegic. Not only is that messed up on a number of levels if you know how much running, jumping, and fighting they actually do within the show.But can you just imagine how dark it would been if someone broke or knocked the wheel chair over in battle. Or a battle just so happens to take place on top of a roof of an 12 story building and there's a black out so they can't use the elevator. Yeah... This is a prime example as to why diversity for the sake of diversity is never a good idea.

Despite what DIC had plan wasn't as bad as what Toon Makers wanted to do with it. Thanks to Sailor Moon's content and subject matter not really being seen as age appropriate for young audiences over here in the west. When DIC got a hold of the rights, they naturally decided to turn it into a childrens tv show. Like, for small children complete with an educational message at the end of each episode. like this one.

I get the fact anime wasn't as popular over here in the west as it is now and they had to market it to someone. But Between the complete censorship of certain scenes and cut episodes, or completely altering subject matter that they felt was too inappropriate for young viewers from airing on TV. Is what I feel forever tainted the show's reputation for most of the western speaking audience.

If you were curious? Such cut content was, Umino sexually harassing his teacher, Ms. Haruna. And throwing rocks through the school's windows. And Usagi kicking Luna.


If you if wish to know more? More can about this topic can be found here. https://sailormoondub.fandom.com/wiki/C … ailor_Moon

I apologize in advance for the overlays in the videos. Ever since Viz Media acquired the rights to Sailor Moon in 2014, they have gone around on sites like Youtube claiming 98% of the Sailor Moon Anime footage (outside of AMV's and certain reviews) as their intellectual property. Despite the fact none of the clips I'm uploading to Youtube was done by their company. Current rights holders or not, whether anyone feels it's within their rights to do this? Is debatable. But I think everyone can agree it's a pretty asshat thing to do to a community your trying to sell your product to. So yeah, I'll update this thread with the rest of the footage with in the next week if possible if it's still here.

DIC also completely change the context of dialogue between characters making them appear to act more rude, whiny, petty, and arrogant than in the original script. Like in DIC's episode 21
when Usagi and Makoto first became friends.

Episode 25 for Toei's version.

There was literally nothing wrong with the original dialogue in that scene. And why did DIC censor strawberries and apple slices? Did someone over there literally get offended seeing it? Or felt it would strike fear and terror everywhere into the hearts of children watching the show? I know, some will argue that it was to save on screen time. But honestly that dumb transition effect between scenes they personally added in, in every episode they dubbed over took up more time then showing 5-10 seconds of footage of someone's lunch box on screen.

The most questionable change I feel DIC did to the series was adding underage relationships. Or in this case I should say Viz Media since they say this is their intellectual property. (Prime example as to why you should never take credit for someone else's homework kids!)

I know some of you maybe thinking,

'Wait, What?!'

In the DIC dub, they aged Mamoru up from 17 years old in High School

Hidden text
Hidden text

To anyone curious to know what his birthday is without looking it up? Here

Hidden text

To someone in his mid to late 20s for some odd reason. Despite the fact in that adaptation he is seen dating both Usagi and Rei are only 14 years old in Junior High School. Don't think they would do such a thing? Well, you can't claim a character is a teenage boy when you have your voice actors saying lines like this in episode 14 of the DIC dub.

If you want to know what was originally said in that scene? Then here's episode 17 of Toei's version.

Their personalities and interactions from that adaptation were closer to the manga then how DIC portrayed them.

Hidden text
Hidden text

To those of you who may not have notice? I'm using images from the redrawn version of the manga that was translated by Miss Dream. Why a fan translation instead of the official english version? To avoid making everyone feel like they're sitting through an episode of High Guardian Spice... Your Welcome!

The idea of him being in his 20s was later reinforce by a line they had Usagi's little brother Shingo say this.

Was DIC trying to normalize pedophilia? How on earth did this get past the censors on TV in the 90s? I guess that's one of lives greatest mysteries that only God knows the answer to. Honestly this issue was kind of fix by VIZ in 2014 when they decided to redub all 5 seasons of Sailor Moon. (But I heard they only made him 19 in that version.) But the damage was already done because people to this day still believe he's in his late 20s.

That one die-hard Sailor Moon fan will probably want to bring up a counter argument claiming things like Mamoru liked underage girls in the manga too. Referring to this.

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

Even though the twins are in elementary school.

Hidden text

And despite what the Sailor Moon WiKi states about both Naruru and Runana's ages being 9-10 years old. In that comic (Unless Miss Dream screwed up the translation and didn't include it in there.) their ages were never specified within the story. And judging by their physical appearance, how ''developed'' they look, and the fact both girls are taller then Usagi, (Usagi is around 16-17 years old in this side story.) And they own their own credit cards. Hopefully, it's safe to assume they're over 20 and were held back in school by quite a few years? I hope.

If it turns out they're actually 9-10 years old? Then this situation is pretty **** up!

When my one friend when they finally reads through this thread and see Naruru and Runana, he's probably going to DM me and be like,

''You had undeniable evidence that Naoko Takeuchi is the greatest mangaka of all time! And you never once shared your scientific research with me? You heartless woman!''

I know my friend who requested this thread is probably wondering if that's all I disliked about the series? And the answer to that is no. Look! I'm aware they wanted to sell things like dolls, hair and make up products to girls. But as a girl I feel It's really stupid
to do things such as show perfectly done up painted finger nails before ruining them by putting gloves on and so on. Although when watching that adaptation in the full context it's meant to be viewed in. Season one isn't all that bad. But there are still many problems compared to the original manga being the massive filler.(Yes, I am aware the episodes of Sailor Moon were being created faster then Takeuchi could write for the series. So don't @ me on this.) The comedy in moments where you wish they take things a bit more seriously. Both our heroes and villains bickering like small school children amongst themselves when they should be working in tandem. Unneeded drama added for the sake of drama. Dumb villain schemes that only seem to work because our heroes are incompetent. Changing characters deigns and their backstories. And Minako... she scares me.
But I guess I will start with season one: The Dark Kingdom Arc.

The plot of the manga first arch happens as followed.

1,000 years after both the Golden Kingdom of Earth and Silver Millennium of the Moon fell to ruins. Beryl, stumbled across an incarnation of Chaos: Queen Metalia in her icy imprisonment. After regaining her memories from her past life as a low rank sorceress. Remembering her unrequited love for Prince Endymion and her jealousy of Princess Serenity. She agrees to work for Metalia before finding and brainwashing Prince Endymion's newly reincarnated four loyal knights into doing her biding. With her newly required minions at her disposal, she searched the entire planet until finally pinpointing the city the Silver Crystal is located in.

Every version of Sailor Moon's first episode always seems to start out the same with some slight variances depending on which version your watching. While many have debated over the years whether the 90s adaptation or the new reboot, Sailor Moon Crystal did it best in retelling the original story. Personally I think they both kind of failed at recapturing what made the original so special to many who read it. Both tried using elements from the manga while trying to do their own thing with the characters and plot, all while still trying to copy what the manga is doing. And it didn't really work too well. But I could have honestly looked past all of that if it weren't for the biggest screw up in season one of the 90s adaptation.

I know some of you are probably thinking I'm going to bring up the fact in the manga. The Silver Crystal was actually Usagi's soul and it was weird seeing it split into seven Rainbow Crystals in the 90s anime. Despite the fact more then one person online have stated the fact it was odd seeing that, implying Usagi isn't a whole person. What bothered me most in that season was Queen Beryl seeing Sailor Moon's civilian form, and knowing full well she's Sailor Moon and has the Silver Crystal in her possession. And yet? She can't seem to locate her. 

For those of you who haven't watch season one of that adaptation. Towards the end of the first season in episode 34. Following Beryl's orders to find and capture Tuxedo Mask alive. Zoisite easily locate Mamoru and tricks him into going to Star Light Tower, believing he'll duke it out with Zoisite, one on one over who will keep all the Rainbow Crystals. And Mamoru stupidly agrees to this. The next evening, he goes to meet Zoisite for there duel. When Usagi sees him, realize he's injured and decides to follow after him, because she was worried about him.

Hidden text

After Zoisite takes them both hostages. He mocks Mamoru for falling into his trap as Kunzite swoops in and steals the crystals and before Mamoru could even react, Zoisite threaten him saying he'll kill Usagi if he tries anything. Mamoru decides to throw a rose
at kunzite anyway, missing him and hitting Zoisite instead leading to this.

Hidden text

After trying to kill them twice

Hidden text

(Yes I'm aware her eye looks weird in the picture. I didn't notice it until recently and didn't feel lile retaking that screen shot.)

and believing he succeeded,

Hidden text

Mamoru was saved by Sailor Moon After Usagi transforms. Zoisite injures Tuxedo Mask before the Silver crystal finally reveals it's self to Sailor Moon. After failing to steal the Crystal away from her. Zoisite is confronted by Beryl over his failure as she confronts him over the fact she saw him try to kill Tuxedo Mask.

Hidden text

Before executing him where he stood and telling Kunzite to clean up the mess. And it just goes downhill from here as Beryl spends episode after episode searching for Sailor Moon. And thanks to Toei giving her plot armor, she avoids every trap before her until the climactic showdown at the end of that season.

Why couldn't she locate her? She saw what she looked like in her civilian forum while she was still wearing her school uniform before she had a chance to transform into Sailor Moon. Hell, she even left her school briefcase bag behind in that building when she was abducted with Mamoru, which more then likely had her personal information in it.

So why?Why couldn't Beryl find her? Before you make any excuses, Zoisite found Mamoru's name and where he lived just from his face alone. So Beryl should have been able to track Usagi down very easily!

I know people are going to give me an earful about this, but I'm still labeling this as a fail!


On the other hand for Sailor Moon's 20th anniversary, Crystal was announce as a web series reboot that would be more faithful adaptation to the original source material. Many including myself assume it would feature a more modern art style. (Like in the new Eternal movie that recently came out.) While taking the time and effort to iron out flaws from the original story, such as pacing issues. incoherent story telling, and the over flow of information at once in some arcs.

What the fan base got instead was Toei putting their own twist on the story without properly ironing it out. The CGI transformations looking uncanny. Art and animation were sloppy and rushed leaving to a number of errors. Giving queen serenity the wrong hair and eye color,

Hidden text

(What she's supposed to look like.)

Hidden text

line work being off. They screwed up giving Luna the wrong eye color.

Hidden text

(This was only being fix in the new eternal movie. Aka season four.)

Hidden text

They left out important character development that establish personalities. Example, What should have been there

Hidden text

(What it was replaced with in Crystal.)

Hidden text

They made Mamoru look like a vampire in Crystal for some odd reason after he was captured and being controlled by Beryl.

Hidden text

(What he was suppose to look like.)

Hidden text

Changing up scenes almost as if they were trying to cater to the people who were only fans of the 90s adaptation. When that's not what people wanted with Crystal.

Hidden text

I'm all for scenes not being a shot for shot remake from the original story. But if your going to change up anything from the source material? You need to make it work! And the way that scene played out in Crystal? It doesn't have the same emotional impact like the manga did. And it was because in the manga she behaved like an actual immature, teenage girl who wasn't ready to admit she had a crush on him. Which is why both Mamoru and Makoto were even teasing her in the first place. But in Crystal's version? They tried and failed to do the same thing. And it just comes off as Usagi being extremely annoyed with him after he knocks her down and rudely tells her to watch where she is going. (Even if it was just an accident? The way he went about it made him an ****!) Making both the reason why she was blushing and Makoto was teasing her over it just feel out of place in Crystal's version. Which is an issue because this late in the season, not only are they suppose to be acting less antagonistic towards each other. But this is supposed to be right before Usagi realizes that Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask are the same person and they finally start dating.


They even change a certain scene causing it to come off as more creepy then originally intended. The kiss scene during the Masquerade episode. I understand why Toei wanted to change this because the implications of why the kiss even took place can be seen as disturbing. But what they opted to change this to? Made it actually disturbing as they completely removed any romance from it.

For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about? In the previous chapter of the manga, after both Usagi and Mamoru had an inkling about the other's identities (This moment was cut in Crystal.)

Hidden text

After he saw her transform infront of him, it only confirms his suspicions.

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

-Crystal's footage will be added later. I hope.-

So in the next chapter in the masquerade ball after she drop her handkerchief with her name embroidered into it and he finds it. He locates her before asking her to dance.

Hidden text
Hidden text

-Crystal's footage will be added later. I hope?-

At the end of that chapter, because Usagi is kind of dense. She got drunk by mistaking an alcoholic drink for juice. Causing her to fall a sleep before being carried off by tuxedo mask.

Hidden text

Yes, I know Miss Dream screw up the translation on this page and one of the lines was suppose to just be a repeat of this.

Hidden text

But it's still better then the alternative.

After he found a spot to allow her to rest. He leans in giving her a kiss as Usagi wonders to herself why this seems familiar to her before Luna yelled at him to get away from her.

Hidden text
Hidden text

What this scene was changed too caused complaints among fans. And it's not too hard to figure out why.

-Crystal's footage will be added later. I hope?-

Note: This can be viewed on CrunchyRoll for free without being sign in if you wish to see episode 4.

To anyone who doesn't realize why the ladder is consider more creepy? Instead of it being frame like it was in the manga where she had a romantic night with her crush. (Ending with a kiss.) Crystal's version, the way it was frame just seem like Mamoru randomly found her passed out on a bench and took advantage of the situation. Which is a huge problem because Sailor Moon is supposed to feature romance. And they cut out the romance in that scene.

And before I hear any excuses from any of you? Yes, that moment was in the 90s adaptation.

-footage will be added later. I hope?-

Even in DIC's dub that aired on tv.

Why did I include the Sailor Moon says footage? Because it was funny.

If Toei truly wished to just removed the fact she got drunk? There were a dozen other things they could have done with that scene. Like? After the battle in that episode, have him carry her to that same bench before he used his powers to treat any injury she had before it lead up to them kissing if they still needed a reason for Luna to shout. ''Get away from her!'' That's just one of many examples they could have done if they wish to change it. And to those of you who didn't know? Yes, Mamoru has the ability to heal injuries.

Hidden text

Also in Crystal they even went as far as to censor the fact Sailor Moon committed suicide in her past life as Princess Serenity.

Hidden text

While neglecting to also remove the fact, she still tried to kill herself in episode 12 of Crystal.

Hidden text
Hidden text

And because there was literally no indication before hand leading up to that point in crystal that she was even that emotionally clingy to the point where she was suicidal without her lover beside her. Making that moment completely come out of left field, shocking and confusing those who never read the manga before as to why that was even happening.


And sadly, I've seen people online praise Toei for removing mentions of Princess Serenity's suicide for sensitivity reasons. Yet ignore/not care they still left the fact she tried to not only time kill herself but her lover as well. Why is it ok to remove only one mention of suicide in the show 'praiseworthy' to these people, but not the other times in the show? I may never know.

If your wondering why Sailor Moon was suicidal in the first arc of the manga? Well Takeuchi had only plan to do one arc that would result in a ending where everybody died.

Hidden text

But I guess if I were to really, really nit pick one thing about Crystal's first season. It would have to be how Toei choose to handle the four Heavenly Kings.


For some context. When I first heard about Crystal. It was the talk of every anime site you could think of. Myself and others were in shock when we learn Toei was making this adaptation a more faithful version to the original manga. Which lead to a lot of speculations whether or not after all these years the bridges were finally mended after all the 'disagreements' between certain parties. And the reason why Toei is bringing Sailor Moon back because it's going continue with a season six taking place in the 30th century with Chibiusa finally taking over in her mother's position as the new Sailor Moon as she starts 7th grade with her best friend, four guardian deities, and possibly boyfriend besides her. (Those who watched season four already know what I'm talking about.) Because she already finished her training. And Takeuchi had already started with a series base around her called Chibiusa's Picture Diaries. Two of them being adapted into TV episode and special.

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

(leave it to Usagi when she became Queen of the solar system to create a way to eat sweets without any repercussions.)


And most importantly when the original manga ended with Usagi and Mamoru's ascended to the throne as Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion the same year they got married. And this kind of being a thing that happen in the story.

Hidden text

When I first watch Crystal, I felt like I seen enough and made no plans on ever checking out any more episodes until my one friend persuaded me to watch the rest. To make him happy I finally obliged. My opinion about the show didn't change until I saw Jadeite live, Finally drawing my interest in the show. And it only continued with Nephrite, Zoisite, and Kunzite. As all four of them were alive and well, well beyond the point where they each died in the manga. There was even talk among certain people wondering if all the changes to the show were because this is an alternate timeline of the manga where the four of them are alive and well, and every future event from the story is going to play out differently because they're there.

And then this happen.

-Crystal's footage will be added later. I hope?-

That scene just creates a number of questions within the story it's self. Because one, if Metalia could fire a giant death laser like that? Why didn't she do it in this scene when the Silver Crystal first showed it's self to Sailor Moon a few episodes back and finish her off right then and there? And two, if they were just going to kill them off? Why keep them alive and prolong the inevitable?

Not going to lie, I did get angry when I first saw this. And I realized why they were abruptly killed off when this scene came on screen.

Hidden text
Hidden text

I guess Toei didn't feel like writting a different ending?

For anyone surprise the four knights were actually gemstones? Well in the show cannon, everyone born a Sailor Soldier possessed something known as a planet Soldier Cystal. It's a gemstone that makes up ones soul and those in the show who possess one are essentially immortal. Which is why characters like Chibiusa are over 900 years old and still looks really young.

Since my one friend is probably wondering if there was anything I actually liked from the first arc since I only really have given criticism so far.Well, I did like the fact they tried to modernize Crystal. And I died laughing at this scene in the manga.

Hidden text

I know I shouldn't be laughing at that flash back because it wasn't meant to be funny. But she was doing the exact thing Kunzite warn Endymion about.

Hidden text

But you know? Kunzite may have been wrong about Princess Serenity's intentions. But Endymion was a fool for not listening to Kunzite. Because Kunzite was only trying to protect his Prince against what the Princess was plotting. And that is to make Prince Endymion the father of her children. And through her determination and perseverance she succeeded in creating these.

Hidden text

(To any guy reading this that was creep out by that joke? It's just a girl thing. You wouldn't understand.)

Which kind of begs the question if Princess Lady Serenity is doing the same thing to Helios since she acts a lot like her mother. Although judging by how he reacts around her I don't think
he wants to be rescued from this fate.

I know some of you are wondering why I didn't finish this thread sooner. If you want the brutally honest answer? I was playing Super Kirby Clash and decided to finally Google if Nintendo made replica Kirby weapons. And got really depress when I realize they don't. So I got to work in real life and got distracted making this.

Hidden text

One day my Celestial Staff will be complete.

It was about 13-14 inches long before I trip and fell with it. I had plan to make the hat and plushie to go with it. And yeah, the ball used to freely spin. I'll remake it later
with a stronger frame next time.

But you know, I don't see why Nintendo doesn't make replica weapons from the Kirby series. It's not like any gamer is actually going to use it as a weapon from a video game like a real sword.
Oh wait, someone did.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/weir … 67520.html

Offline

#2 2022-05-09 01:07:30

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 3,747

Re: discontinued

Ok


★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2022-05-09 01:09:47

AllenCaspe9510
Member
From: Heart Locket
Joined: 2018-03-24
Posts: 892
Website

Re: discontinued

Finally, a worthy opponent for mutant's huge wall of text


I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2022-05-09 03:16:10

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99
From: Canda eh
Joined: 2015-08-20
Posts: 494

Re: discontinued

B66C5D81-C7CB-4CDC-A6A8-7ED7BD573306.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2022-05-09 08:35:45

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,341

Re: discontinued

I'm a little curious why you posted this here. I don't really recall any of the other community members being fans of Sailor Moon


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#6 2022-05-09 10:33:17

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: UK
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,745

Re: discontinued

frostflare wrote:

Everything except for the Q & A I purposely design with the intention of giving our forum moderator stage 4 colon cancer knowing full well he had to read through the entire thing.

relax-reading.gif


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

#7 2022-05-10 23:06:08

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

Re: discontinued

I would appreciate it if you didn't post photos from your autobiography in my Sailor Moon thread.

Offline

#8 2022-05-10 23:14:28

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

Re: discontinued

Minimania wrote:

I'm a little curious why you posted this here. I don't really recall any of the other community members being fans of Sailor Moon

I can guarantee you not everyone is going to care about every thread posted on these forums. But I didn't see you tell anybody else this.

Offline

#9 2022-05-11 00:41:42

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,341

Re: discontinued

frostflare wrote:
Minimania wrote:

I'm a little curious why you posted this here. I don't really recall any of the other community members being fans of Sailor Moon

I can guarantee you not everyone is going to care about every thread posted on these forums. But I didn't see you tell anybody else this.

Why are you so defensive? I'm not antagonizing you here.

As for all of the other threads in this forum, most of them at least have a few people who are invested in the topic, or at the very least start the topic off as a discusion, i.e "Hey have you guys ever watched Sailor Moon?".

You jumped everyone here straight into a topic they knew nothing about. I get that you're not happy with this topic's reception, but keep in mind your audience.


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#10 2022-05-11 01:48:19

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

Re: discontinued

Minimania wrote:
frostflare wrote:
Minimania wrote:

I'm a little curious why you posted this here. I don't really recall any of the other community members being fans of Sailor Moon

I can guarantee you not everyone is going to care about every thread posted on these forums. But I didn't see you tell anybody else this.

Why are you so defensive? I'm not antagonizing you here.

As for all of the other threads in this forum, most of them at least have a few people who are invested in the topic, or at the very least start the topic off as a discusion, i.e "Hey have you guys ever watched Sailor Moon?".

You jumped everyone here straight into a topic they knew nothing about. I get that you're not happy with this topic's reception, but keep in mind your audience.

I wasn't going to bother to respond to this because anything I had to say would be consider to be ''****'' to you people. But one, pointing out a fact isn't considered to be ''defensive''. Two, if you had actually bothered to even take the time to even read the first few paragraphs of my post? You would have known exactly why I made this thread. And three, let's just be honest here. If this type of thread had come from literally anyone else within the community? You wouldn't have cared. So stop trying to play the role of forum police! Because you maybe a moderator in-game, but it's not your job to dictate what types of threads users get to make on these forums.

Offline

#11 2022-05-11 03:37:03

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,341

Re: discontinued

frostflare wrote:

I wasn't going to bother to respond to this because anything I had to say would be consider to be ''****'' to you people.

You responded anyway. But that's fine, you're allowed. When you say "you people" though, that's pretty telling. You talk as if you were an outsider. I know you. I know you've been a part of this community for a long time, though you haven't always been the most talkative. I don't blame you for it, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I think it's totally wrong to generalize everyone in this way; there are gonna be sticks in the mud and then you'll have me, who takes you seriously.

frostflare wrote:

But one, pointing out a fact isn't considered to be ''defensive''.

It isn't, but arguing against a point I never made is. For starters, I never said nobody cares about your thread. But, just for your information, I asked you what I asked because I was genuinely curious.

frostflare wrote:

Two, if you had actually bothered to even take the time to even read the first few paragraphs of my post? You would have known exactly why I made this thread.

Okay, rude and uncalled for. I was not this aggressive or mean with you at any point, but disregarding that, I still have yet to know who the mysterious patron of your post is, which is why I asked in the first place.

frostflare wrote:

And three, let's just be honest here. If this type of thread had come from literally anyone else within the community? You wouldn't have cared.

Yeah, if it came from Kkay I'd have assumed it was a ****. But I know you, and I take you seriously, so I bothered. My bad?

frostflare wrote:

So stop trying to play the role of forum police!

I'm not even policing anything. I literally just asked you a question.


frostflare wrote:

Because you maybe a moderator in-game, but it's not your job to dictate what types of threads users get to make on these forums.

Where in my post did I imply that you weren't allowed to make this post?


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#12 2022-05-11 08:27:08

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: UK
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,745

Re: discontinued

Ok guys let’s all take a chill pill and enjoy the sweet sweet wholesomeness that is Sailor Moon.

At least, I think it’s wholesome. I haven’t watched any.


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

#13 2022-05-11 09:11:39

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 3,747

Re: discontinued

Minimania coming in with that big mafia player energy response.


★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2022-05-11 10:36:24

XxAtillaxX
Member
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 4,202

Re: discontinued

AHNDqo1.jpeg


signature.png
*u stinky*

Offline

#15 2022-05-11 12:27:53, last edited by Tomahawk (2022-05-11 12:35:15)

Onjit
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,547
Website

Re: discontinued

frostflare wrote:

can we not quote OP when it's enormous thanks  -Tomahawk

fart in my wallet call that gas money


:.|:;

Offline

Wooted by:

#16 2022-05-11 13:48:29

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,341

Re: discontinued

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Minimania coming in with that big mafia player energy response.

Unironically am trying to practice for the big game, but I am sincere

Is this a general Sailor Moon thread now?


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#17 2022-05-11 18:21:51

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

Re: discontinued

Because some of you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of what a ''rant'' is. I decided to close this thread until I am ready to post part two.

Offline

#18 2022-12-24 03:19:58

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

Re: discontinued

Welcome back to essentially part two of my Sailor Moon rant.

before i get into the actual rant. I suppose I should not only clarify a few things and answer certain questions people either been wondering about or have felt the need to ask/complain to me about over the years that I finally decided to acknowledge. Because I am unsure if I want to bother with this anymore after this.

CONTENT WARNING

And now on with the actual rant.

Offline

Wooted by:

#19 2022-12-24 03:21:00

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

Re: discontinued

First off, if you watch this show growing up only to find out later in life that you were into certain things?

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

I'm sorry.

Since I already know a certain someone I now is going to ask what episode the women are wrestling in, for 'scientific research'. It's episode 63.


I have always had a strong belief that with any form of art it's better for third parties not to interfere with the creativity of the artist original intent. Although I'll admit, sometimes interference from outside sources does create a better work that does hold up well over time. But in Sailor Moon's case? This was far from the exception. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that Naoko personally changed her original ending, because getting emotionally attach to characters only for everyone to inevitably die? Not only would have sucked. But it wouldn't have been as emotional or felt as earn as the ending we eventually got for the manga. But a part of me just wishes if they were going to continue the story after the first arc? Changes to certain aspects were never made. Such as Usagi's hair color. For instance. Did you know her hair was originally pink while she was in her civilian form. And Silver while she was Sailor Moon and Serenity. Which is why I take it when Naoko created Sailor Cosmos (Sailor Moon's final form) she gave her those features. But you know? Toei had a perfect opportunity to finally implement this in the reboot for the series. Since Crystal was suppose to be a faithful adaptation of the manga, and they didn't do this.

Also to everyone who complain about the new Eternal movies when they gave Princess Serenity Silver hair. No, Toei didn't screw up. That is how she was originally suppose to look.

You can read more about it here. https://www.tuxedounmasked.com/why-does … pink-hair/

It kind of makes me wonder if Chibiusa would have had Silver hair when she transform too. But I digress.

For the second arc, while Naoko struggle to try to think of a way to continue her popular series.

Hidden text

Toei decided to make the first half of season two filler to give Naoko time to write for the story. Essentially making their adaptation only 28 episodes long if you cut out all the filler. The manga for the second arc may have had only 14 chapters. But what Naoko ultimately created for the series? Even though it's not bad, I still feel to this day is the most messed up arc out of the whole series. Well, if your like me and you over analyze implications of events that take place. Which leads us to: The Black Moon Clan arc. Or what I personally call the start of the Sweet Home Alabama saga.

This is part of why I disliked Sailor Moon if you couldn't guess.

And btw? For those of you who felt the need to point this out. I'm aware it's called a synopsis. But since synopsis and summary pretty much mean the same thing. I just called it a summary. But I guess for the sake of this rant I'll use the word synopsis from now on.

The synopsis for the manga, and now Crystal.

Still wanting to get his hands on the Silver Crystal to rewrite and control the universe. In the far future, another incarnation of Chaos known as Death Phantom, invades and attacks the Earth when the Earth is united again under one government as Usagi and Mamoru now rule together as Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion. After Death Phantom solely destroys Crystal Tokyo, turning it into a city of crime and ruins. Neo Queen Serenity, finally stops him. However, because of his powers? She was unable to administer the death penalty. As an alternative. She banished him to the farthest planet in the galaxy, Nemesis. Before hundreds of years later, Death Phantom sends his followers to Earth, wreaking havoc in the 30th century. Leaving everybody except for a small Princess and her cat, dead or incapacitated. Alone, scared, unable to defend herself. Believing that this whole mess was her fault because she took the Silver Crystal from it's pedestal without asking. And with a deranged cult known as the Black Moon clan trying to track her down and kill her. Trying to think of a solution, Small Lady steals a time key from the guardian of the underworld. Before committing a taboo, traveling through time, back to the year 1993 in order to find the past version of her Mother.

Since Chaos doesn't really exist in the 90s version until later, and things start to really differentiate from the original source material in this arc.

The synopsis for the 90s adaptation.

In the far future after Usagi and Mamoru were wed and Usagi was acknowledge as the Queen of the Earth after saving the planet from a cold sleep. Her daughter, Small lady, tired of waiting to be just like her Mother. Breaks into the room where the Silver Crystal is stored by using Luna P. And removes it off it's pedestal, holding it without permission. Resulting in it vanishing without a trace. Even though her Mother would know right away how to fix this mess. To avoid getting into trouble. She plays dumb, resulting in the family heirloom the Queen uses to protect the planet going missing at the same time when the Black Moon clan decides to invade and attack the earth, leaving to a number of casualties. In order to protect the sole heir to the throne from meeting the same fate as her parents. An order was given sending the small Princess back to the past for her own protection until the Silver Crystal is located. And on her trip traveling back through time. She concocted a scheme to take the Silver Crystal from the past and replace it with the one that went missing in the future. Not really caring about the ramifications of her actions.

I guess I should state this now before I continue any further. If you like any version of Sailor Moon? That is your personal choice and preference to do so, because you're more then free to do that. However I'm going to have to request from this point forward if you comment below or feel the need to direct message me over this thread. That you respect the fact this is my rant thread. Sure you may not like everything I am saying about a show you enjoy watching. But it's really not your place to grill me over it. And for continuity sake, I will be continuing to use Miss Dream's translated version.

When DIC dub season two of Sailor Moon. They again altered a lot of scenes and surprisingly they only cut one episode. I guess showing a volcano erupting on screen was too much? But surprisingly they didn't try to censor the relationship in the Makaiju arc (aka filler arc between season 1 and 2) with An and Eiru. Those of you who may have seen the show but don't remember what was so bad about this? You find out at the end of that arc when the Hell Tree is giving it's backstory. That Eiru and An were not only overly jealous lovers. But brother and sister since they were born from the same tree pod...

Again, how did this get past the censors in the 90s? Did someone slip a five under the table or something?    

DIC even dub the Sailor Moon R movie that featured a guy named Fiore, who was part of the same race as Eiru and An. That DIC tried really, really hard to get the audience to believe that all he wanted to do was become really good, best bros with Mamoru. But couldn't do it because his girlfriend was just in the way. Before he ultimately decided to keep up the on going theme seen through out the entire series...

You see someone who catches your fancy and you got the power? Just swoop in and claim them for yourself, leaving consent to only be a seven letter word.

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

I know some of you reading this will feel I just made a really messed up joke. But again, keep in mind. Sailor Moon wasn't intended for four to eight year olds. And When Naoko created Sailor Moon and drew illustrations like this into her comic.

Hidden text
Hidden text

Or even when Toei wrote and animated scenes like this into the show.

I don't believe they ever thought for a moment, years later. That this would be water down by Canada, before being aired around the same time slot as Sesame Street over here in United States.

If your wondering what age group Sailor Moon would be suited for? I'd say around 12 and up. Or depending on how emotionally mature the individual is. Because everyone is different and some of the imagery from the comics and TV series can be a bit much, even for fully grown adults to handle. Like in the first episode of the 90s anime where the monster twists it's neck 180° like an owl. Or the creepy doll scene from the first episode of season four. Where they repeat over and over again for a few minutes. ''The humans don't notice!''

When it came time to air the final 17 episodes of season two on television over here in the west? The series ultimately was deem a failure and was cancelled after 65 episodes. (This happen more then once) Although, looking back on it now? They were probably just panicking behind the scenes trying to figure out a way to censor certain aspects about the show, like this scene.

CONTENT WARNING

Which led to the fanbase to panic, leading to hilarious petitions such as this. http://www.saveoursailors.org/

I still don't understand why North American Sailor Moon fans felt going out and buying strawberry pop tarts would change anything. But I'm sure Kellogg's did enjoy the spike in sales.

In the 90s adaptation after the hell tree arc when Mamoru and Usagi finally started dating. Because he had lost his memories for about 10 episodes. And if your wondering? That never happen in the manga. I guess Toei felt their relationship was now too peaceful? So they added unnecessary drama into it by making them break up over one of the dumbest reasons I seen on TV that's only rival in soap operas. And the reason why was, King Endymion from the 30th century. Decided to give the past version of himself and his wife (who was only his gf at the time) prophetic dreams. Leaving both of them to believe if they stay together? Then Usagi will die! And after all the pain and heartache he made both of them suffer through, especially Usagi, because they made it seem like she was going to die from a broken heart if things weren't mended soon.

This kind of annoyed a lot of people.

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

And King Endymion's excuse when he was finally confronted by them, was he needed to test them to make sure they were able to face the upcoming crisis... Since he was able to meet them face to face and have that talk anyways. Why couldn't he just warn them in advance of what he was doing then make them go through those tests?

I know despite the fact it was left vague. It was kind of hinted at in both the manga and the 90s version that everything that took place within Sailor Moon has already happen, and the future version of them selves from the 30th century, are waiting for the audience watching and the past version of them selves from the 20th century to experience what they already went through. Which would kind of explain why Neo Queen Serenity Already knew her daughter was the one to take the Silver Crystal. Or how in the 90s version, Death Phantom may not have known where Chibiusa was living. But he knew of time and places where she would appear and was able to warn his subordinates of future events.

But still, this is stupid for a number of reasons. Not only did King Endymion risk changing history by making it so his own daughter wasn't even born. But despite the fact 90s adaptation is base off the Manga. If it weren't for the fact Death Phantom's powers were kind of nerf down in that version? Then that test would have been pointless and a waste of time. Because in the Manga, anyone who is unfortunate enough to cross paths with Death Phantom? Is pretty much screwed! Which is how this came to be.

Hidden text

And if you were curious? Yes, King Endymion did reach out to his past self in the Manga. But that was only because of this.

Hidden text
Hidden text

When someone I know sees those pictures, they're going to be like, ''Wait! Tuxedo Mask wasn't useless in that version?''

The next character I am about to talk about gets a lot of hate within the community by certain people. And some of it's kind of justified. While some of it isn't.

I suppose I should state this now before I continue any further. Remember when I mention in my opening post that Sailor Moon has incest? Well I am going to be talking about that now. So if your not for that? Don't click on the spoiler below. That is your only warning!

CONTENT WARNING

I guess I might as well talk about the members of the Black Moon Clan or this post will be super short.

The cult known as the black moon clan was completely different from the 90s version in the manga and crystal. In the manga and crystal, the clan was a group of people who were resentful of Neo Queen Serenity's reign, believing those of the white moon to be corrupt and their lifespans were profane. So their goal was to time travel back to the past and create a new history, removing Crystal Tokyo from existence.

While in the 90s anime, the Black Moon Clan's goal was to destroy Crystal Tokyo in the 30th Century. Before Eventually, shifting their attention to destroy the past after chasing after chibiusa when she time travel there.

The four Strange Sisters, Spectre Sisters, (or what ever you what to call them): Koan, Berthier, Calaveras, and Petz.

Hidden text

In the Manga, after seeing the chaos and destruction the Four Sisters were causing. Unsure of who they are and to protect everyone. Without hesitation, both Usagi and Mamoru had no issue eliminating them.

While in the 90s anime, Sure the Sisters motives were the same. And despite all the pain and suffering they were causing to countless people through out the season. It was like Toei wanted you to forget all of that as they tried to get you to feel sympathy for them when each one realize they didn't have a place to go back to By adding in scenes like this as they decided to redeem them...

Hidden text

Yeah, lets all forget the fact the four sisters literally help hurt and kill countless people and stalked and hunted down a small little girl like prey with the intention to kill her. But it's ok because they found 'sisterly love.'

You would think the sisters would thank the Sailor Scouts by telling them useful information about what the cult was planning. Because in the manga all the Clan members were fully aware of what they were doing and why. But I guess because the plot wasn't ready to progress in the 90s version. So they added this excuse.

Hidden text
Hidden text

The Boule Brothers: Chiral and Achiral

Hidden text

Besides just being minor inconveniences that stood in Sailor Moon's way. I don't really have much to say about the twins because when I had first watch the 90s version, I had assume they were just random droids Saphir created (the monster of the week) base off how Toei portrayed them. It wasn't until around the Death Busters arc that I started reading the manga first to see what was going to happen next when I learn they were actual members of the Dark Moon Clan, and the 90s version just forgot to introduce them as such. But still, I kind of forget they were even a thing until I was looking up information from the series when making this thread to double check if I misremembered anything. (It's been a long time since I watched the show or fully read the manga.) At first I kind of felt bad about forgetting they even existed. Until I found out I wasn't alone in this. >.<

Rubeus

Hidden text

In the 90s version, he was the leader of the Four Sister and kind of an manipulative **** too. I recalled this guy being a bigger threat in that version then in the manga as well before being killed when his spaceship blew up with him on it.

While in the manga, he was killed by Wiseman for trying to flee.


Esmeraude

Hidden text

If you wonder why did I remove certain written information feature in that photo of her? Well I don't believe forums staff would have appreciate it that much if I didn't take the time to censor quotes like, ''She has a huge ****'' out of the image.

She was loud, obnoxious, self centered, and smip after Prince Demand. Despite the fact the guy isn't really something worth fighting for. And in that adaptation for some reason she outlived Rubeus. And in that version they even decided to her turn into a dragon before she was defeat. Because I guess... Fan service?

While in the Manga She was eliminated by Mamoru.


Saphir

Hidden text

Just like with the Four strange sisters in the 90s version. They tried to make him more sympathetic then the his more sociopathic counterpart in the Manga. After he realize he was being used by Wiseman in that version? He was killed for wrong think.

In the Manga he was eliminated by his own brother, Prince Demande.


I already know this next part may get censored by forum staff. But I am going to try to keep this as family friendly as possible.

CONTENT WARNING

Black lady. Or 'Wicked Lady' if you only seen the censor DIC version.

Hidden text

Why did they feel calling her Black Lady would be offensive since the word 'Black' is just the name of a color? Hell if I know.

In the 90s version Chibiusa ended up becoming her after she was kid nap and brainwashed by DeathPhantom when she stupidly ran off and left the safety of the palace. And when Sailor Moon was about to chase after her to make sure she was alright. Mamoru to stop her and told her this.

Hidden text
Hidden text

Dad of the year everyone!

In the Manga. DeathPhantom takes advantage of the situation after was Small Lady goes off alone after she drops her time key by mistake and gets lost in the void, before he finds her and brainwashes her.

In both the 90s version and manga, she is the only member of the Black Moon Clan to live. However unlike the 90s anime when both Usagi and Mamoru were able to reach out to her and help her break free from DeathPhantom's influence.

In the manga because Mamoru had also fallen under DeathPhantom's influence. Usagi's wasn't able to reach her thanks to how resentful she had become of her. And with no one else left who could help her in her situation, Pluto ended up making the ultimate sacrifice to save her friend, resulting in Small Lady finally awakening her powers and being able to transform.

And lastly, DeathPhantom/Wiseman.

Hidden text

He dead...

I know most of you reading this will be like, ''Wait, that's it?'' Yeah, thanks to lack of sleep and with everything going on in real life since I released part one of this thread, and people questioning why haven't finish part two yet? My last two brain cells are just on strike right now. I don't know, maybe I will fill this section in later if I can think of anything to add.

And this is the part where I guess I am suppose to wine about something from the show I didn't like. And I guess it would have to be the episode, 'Mirror, Mirror on the Wall.' Where Usagi's friends all wanted to kiss Mamoru when he was playing Prince charming in the Snow White play... It's just? Who ever wrote that episode obviously doesn't understand how women and teenage girls work. And seems to have forgotten about a previous conversation that Rei and Usagi had in episode 38.

So what was changed for Crystal?

For Crystal, I was going to talk about the version I originally saw years ago when it first aired on Crunchyroll. Until I realized Toei decided to go back and edit very obvious mistakes from the rush production of Season two that people complain about. But theres still remnants of what was once there within the show. Like when they screw up and gave Neo Queen Serenity Yellow hair.

Hidden text

(I notice these things because I am literally that guy!)

Yeah this was 'fix' mostly when they went back and edited it. But there were still some details on it that looked off even in the edited version. Like in the picture below with the crescent moon on her forehead not matching the tilled of her head.

Hidden text

For season two of Crystal they left out certain things with the side cast that established relationships. Like Motoki knowing about the Sailor guardians. Because I just wish things like this weren't removed in Crystal.

Hidden text

Despite Toei going back and editing season two. They for some reason decided to keep the art style the same as season one to match the uncanny 3D models in the CGI transformation scenes. That to this day, no one really cared for and were disturb those who saw them.

There was very obvious mistakes in this season that were left in. Like Usagi using the wrong weapon in this scene. Because I guess they either weren't paying their animators enough money so they just recycled animation that was used in the previous season. Pure laziness from the production team to even care enough to make sure things like this were correct before it was release to the public. Or the rumors floating around at the time were allegedly true and people who were task with working on Crystal were upset that Naoko finally got her wish with Sailor Moon. So they were trying to sabotage the series in any way possible.

When it should have played out similar to this.

Hidden text

Since I already know a certain someone reading through this thread whose never seen the show is going to ask how they were able to float in the air like that. Well in the manga and the 90s version all of the Sailor Guardians have their own unique set of powers. (And when it seemed to be convenient for the plot in the 90s version.) Each one can super jump, teleport, fly, and even float in the air for a time.

They also changed up certain relationships from the Manga. Like Prince Demand's relationship with Usagi, even changing how he died to be more like the 90s version. And they made Chibiusa more open about her feelings towards Mamoru in Crystal earlier on in the season, just like with the 90s version. Almost as if they thought it was a good idea to combine ideas from the 90s version into Crystal, when literally I didn't see anyone besides the people who were upset the 90s version didn't get a reboot, asking for that...

I did like the fact they changed it to Chibiusa being called down for dinner instead of shingo barging into his sister rooms. Or how Umino wasn't included this scene in Crystal.

Hidden text

No, seriously! Why was Umino at Usagi's house?

And lastly that blouse.

Hidden text

I know my older sister use to mock Usagi's fashion sense, claiming she had the worst wardrobe out of all the girls on the show. (She was mainly talking about the 90s version. But she was right.) But if no one working on Crystal decided to change the design to a more modern sleeveless version,

Hidden text

Part two of this entire thread would have just been me complaining about that blouse and how it hasn't been in style since the 80s. And no teenage girl or young woman would be caught dead wearing that abomination!

And I guess that's it. But I'll leave you with this bonus clip.

Offline

Wooted by:

#20 2022-12-24 07:57:14, last edited by Minimania (2022-12-24 08:02:40)

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,341

Re: discontinued

frostflare wrote:

Should have been before he decided to publicly bring up unrelated past Everybody Edits drama on my thread.

Literally what drama? I mentioned that you don't like to talk to very many members of the community. Is that what you're talking about? I'd hardly call that drama. Hell, I'd call it relatable. Frankly, I never even knew there was past EE drama with you.

I know of you, not because I've met you. But I wanted to meet you and talk to you at one point, I think all the way back in 2017 or 2018. That changed after I talked to somebody (EDIT2: actually, two people told me this), but what we spoke of wasn't negative. I was advised against speaking to you, and when I asked that person why, the explanation I got from them was that you were just rather reserved when it came to the EE community. This is neither a slight nor is it a bad thing.

If you could believe me, I'd much rather be your friend, but I don't get the sense that you want anything to do with me, and our past two interactions have not given me much hope.


EDIT: And I am, once again, curious. Is this an interview of sorts with questions people have asked you, or are they more like questions you came up with on your own and answered? Again, I'm just curious, I'm not judging


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#21 2022-12-24 20:08:34, last edited by frostflare (2023-01-01 15:15:41)

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 117

Re: discontinued

Minimania wrote:
frostflare wrote:

Should have been before he decided to publicly bring up unrelated past Everybody Edits drama on my thread.

Literally what drama? I mentioned that you don't like to talk to very many members of the community. Is that what you're talking about? I'd hardly call that drama. Hell, I'd call it relatable. Frankly, I never even knew there was past EE drama with you.

I know of you, not because I've met you. But I wanted to meet you and talk to you at one point, I think all the way back in 2017 or 2018. That changed after I talked to somebody (EDIT2: actually, two people told me this), but what we spoke of wasn't negative. I was advised against speaking to you, and when I asked that person why, the explanation I got from them was that you were just rather reserved when it came to the EE community. This is neither a slight nor is it a bad thing.

If you could believe me, I'd much rather be your friend, but I don't get the sense that you want anything to do with me, and our past two interactions have not given me much hope.


EDIT: And I am, once again, curious. Is this an interview of sorts with questions people have asked you, or are they more like questions you came up with on your own and answered? Again, I'm just curious, I'm not judging

Not only did you make assumptions about me. But the fact that you had no idea about my situation? Only goes to show that sometimes it's best not to comment about someone else, even if you genially believe you have the best of intentions at heart. Because you don't know how they'll react! And yeah, it's true I'm reserved. But back then if you genially wanted talk to me back then? Why didn't you? No ones my keeper! There was literally nothing stopping you other then the power of their suggestion! Honestly, if no one approached me to talk to me, or vice versa. Then I would literally have no friends...

And despite the fact I already stated why I posted that. Those were literally things people have asked me over the years. I just didn't feel like digging through all the receipt like this just to prove it.

DcmWjYV.png

And if I'm going to be honest? Your right! After everything that's happen? You and many others, aren't really on my list of most fond people to be around. And I am going to need a lot of time to be able to sincerely interact with many of you like I once did.

Edit: Originally I wasn't going to include any user names of any user because I was unsure how any of them felt being mention in my thread. But after talking it over with someone else and coming to the mutual agreement that it would be better in the long run to post the unedited version of the screen shot I showed to avoid anyone in the future, (if they haven't already.) of openly accusing me of trying to gaslight the readers, reading through this thread. Since Minimania decided to essentially bring it up where it could be interpreted that way. Just here.

YuLm7SB.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#22 2022-12-24 20:11:47

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,341

Re: discontinued

frostflare wrote:

But back then if you genially wanted talk to me back then? Why didn't you? No ones my keeper! There was literally nothing stopping you other then the power of their suggestion!

Because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. I'd considered the possibility that talking to you would be the last thing you wanted to happen, and so I heeded their suggestion.

Maybe I made the right choice, or maybe I made the wrong choice. I cannot really make that judgment.


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

Minimania1671909107796843

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1675021147.9415 - Generated in 1.121 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 2.28 MiB (Peak: 2.98 MiB) ]