Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#151 2022-09-01 16:01:30

Nuclear Gandhi

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

I see reads lists 100 posts into the game.
I'm not used seeing reads lists 100 into the game.
I myself rarely ever do reads lists, I'm more of a 1 vote at a time while posting thoughts as they come type of guy.

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

I foresee a no-lynch, and this saddens me infinitely.

I hope not. That'd be an infinitely -EV play.
But seeing as we are required to reach a majority vote in order to eliminate anyone at all, I'd say you're right.

I'll read the game later in the evening to decided on a vote and give any thoughts I might have along the way. But I'm pretty sure eliminating just any inactive slot on Day1 is as good as we can hope to get; you don't want to get in a situation where the final 5, or something, are mostly slots who barely play when you can remove them from the equation and increase the chances of future decisions being correct.

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#152 2022-09-01 17:37:24

Marshmallow Marshall

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

List of reads:

Hidden text

Perhaps I am being suddenly dense, but your paragraph on Elijah makes no sense at all to me. I read your words and don't see what you mean. I am confused.

About Onjit: you like the fact he hasn't said much about the game?? Why would anyone like such a thing lol (apart from scum obviously)? I am confused, but in a different and less positive way...

About Beepboop: you like their passive nature? I have not even noticed their existence, honestly, but can you explain further? Being passive usually is not good, but rather either neutral or bad, as far as I know.

About me: Not interesting?! My disappointment is immense and my day is ruined. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

I see reads lists 100 posts into the game.
I'm not used seeing reads lists 100 into the game.
I myself rarely ever do reads lists, I'm more of a 1 vote at a time while posting thoughts as they come type of guy.

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

I foresee a no-lynch, and this saddens me infinitely.

I hope not. That'd be an infinitely -EV play.
But seeing as we are required to reach a majority vote in order to eliminate anyone at all, I'd say you're right.

I'll read the game later in the evening to decided on a vote and give any thoughts I might have along the way. But I'm pretty sure eliminating just any inactive slot on Day1 is as good as we can hope to get; you don't want to get in a situation where the final 5, or something, are mostly slots who barely play when you can remove them from the equation and increase the chances of future decisions being correct.

I like reads lists 100 posts into the game, that's for sure. But I strongly prefer Buzzerbee's list, which I find to be genuine and relatable, to Casper's, which has weird/confusing elements (see above) and generally lacks... content? I don't know, it feels like a nothingburger for some reason. The best word to describe it is weird.

And yes, majority only as a lynch system is very saddening (but on the other hand, last game here, I got lynched D1 because there was plurality and noone really voted so I got targeted for actually doing something lmao)

As for lynching low-posters, yes, but no. I am considering voting Casper here (whether I do so or not will be determined by his reaction to what I said in the upper part of my post), and either way, I still want to hear more from Elijah. There are actual tracks to follow here, so it's not like there's nothing to do but lynching low posters. I would absolutely get behind lynching lurkers over no-lynching, though; it's just not my top choice.

Also, quick list:

TOWN

Gandhi
Bee

Pqwerty (pretty good reaction to my push on them, but not convinced enough to put them as high as the other two)

NULL : everyone not mentioned; special mention of Lumi that is 99,9999 % being busy here, I think this is absolutely NAI

Elijah
Casper

SCUM

#153 2022-09-01 23:06:36

Grilyon2

Ok I'm gonna explain myself

Firstly, it's my first time playing and never really saw anything related to past games, so I don't understand at all the slang, roles and so on. So, probably my assumptions will end up being poorly

That being said, what's the matter with unvoting and 'wait till night'?: I didn't want to vote because these two reasons: Trying to prevent my role being mistaken, and avoid a contraproductive vote. However, it's true that Gandhi wrote a well explained post about voting is beneficial in day 1, and now I understand even a new player should apply that. Now that I see it again, I think I should vote.

My vote and pqwerty woots: I believe in pqwerty anti-town role but not about him being aligned with town. I believe he tried to paint MM as a contradictory to feed its supposed role, because really (I) don't see how you can misunderstand that, then tried to rectify because it did not work as intended? That's why i wooted.
My second guess is Eliah since he has been voting with little info and said not voting pqwerty just because is not scum which I think is not true

Soo !Vote Pqwerty

Another thing, I don't know how does roles are distributed by the host, guessing that is randomized? However, wouldn't it be weird to give a newbie a mafia role, it could screw up easy https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

#154 2022-09-01 23:19:40

Nuclear Gandhi

I want to go through a quick process of elimination to see whom I'm more ok to vote for elimination for Day1.

First 3 names I want to cross out are more principle based: Big Bon Jovi, Grilyon2, Lumi.
BBJ and Grilyon2 have never played before.
Lumi posted a "slank cover" in their signup.
It might not be to the likings of everyone, but those are not players I wish to Day1 eliminate for being inactive.

Marshmallow Marshall is the towniest player in this game as far as I'm concerned so far. Is the most active in the scumhunting process of the game + his progression in the game looks so linear and smooth to me. One thing that I did not understand and looked a little strange to me though was the question/conclusion at the end of #90. As Elijah said: "The vote on MM was the joke not buzzerbee"

Pqwerty is 2nd only to MM when it comes to active scumhunting (as opposed to passive scumhunting: providing observations and ideas from the side lines), and that's something that this game is lacking a bit. Just to be clear, I don't think of their ISO as clearing. They're more active hunting than most of us this game, but I don't think it's much for FM in general.

For me, 2b55b5g and BuzzerBee both hold the gold medal in providing unique and solid ideas in their reads lists. 2b55 has the highest post count at the present of the players in this list but I find more of their takes or actions disagreeable, so in my mind brain they share a spot with BB who's content is I think 1 reads list. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AllenCaspe9510, I just find their reads list extremely based lol. I love it. I can see others wouldn't, but to me it's just so pure if that makes any sense? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

To be yet decided

Minimania
Why I want to put Minimania in the list above:
1) They didn't know there's no third party. Possibly a town slip.
2) They at least have the minimal appearance of wolfhunting, which is more than I see in the players below.
Why I want to put Minimania in the list below:
1) Initially when Pqwerty called Minimania fillery - I agreed with that take. Minimania's reaction to what Pqwerty said was overly OMGUS, which was also the first post that didn't look like filler anymore. They immediatly took their OMGUS vote back with "Oh, yeah you know what, that's entirely fair." the moment Pqwerty said something like "I just wanted to see you talk". Granted, that's also when Minimania learned there's no third party in the game - which was what they accused Pqwerty of. But other than the slight sus on me and Lumi, that reaction was the only time it felt like a real participation in the game from them.
To adress the defense of Minimania: that there are way less active players so why aren't their posts called "fillers". The difference is - the posts of those other's aren't even trying to look like contributing, whereas the early Minimania's posts, they look more showy than of actual use.

ShadowsEdge
Other than commenting on general things like voting day1 or assuming optimal play, shadowedge has commented 3 things:
-My focus on myself is towny.
-Pqwerty's role claim is towny.
-Grilyon's passiveness is off-putting.
It feels more genuine than Minimania, but is still lacking and easily fakable.

Players I've in PoE
Onjit is posting, but isn't participating in the game. Someone said that's normal for them. Fair, voting there would be more random than anything, but eliminating such a slot can be only good for Town. To be fair, the same could be said about the 2 new players and Lumi - so there's something to be said about there not being enough room for policy eliminations like that.

I seen people say good words about ElijahBaley voting Marshmallow Marshall in their opening post. Trust me, you probably see that 90% of the games they're both in. With that in mind, can someone show me signs of interest in scumhunting/gamesolving by Elijah outside of the early vote on Bee?
The only other thing of interest to him was: not voting anti town role for being an anti town role. Ok, there was also the "Townie post but that doesn't really mean anything IMO. Easy to make townie posts, especially early game. Will be you waiting for hear more from you." post if you stretch it - but that's kinda filler.
Look at posts from 2b55 or Marshmallow or Pqwerty, then open Elijah's ISO to compare. Can someone genuinly tell me they see intent to scumhunt in there?

!vote Elijah

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#155 2022-09-01 23:23:40

ElijahBaley

yes and not actively scum hunting it as you put it definitely makes one scum //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#156 2022-09-01 23:25:40

ElijahBaley

also, it isn't true that I wasn't scum hunting, I was. you can look at the posts I made regarding MM and see I had the intent to scum hunt.

by the way, this could be wrong or whatever but AllenCaspe's read list triggers my inner gut read

!vote AllenCaspe9510

#157 2022-09-01 23:29:30

ElijahBaley

Grilyon2 wrote:

Firstly, it's my first time playing and never really saw anything related to past games, so I don't understand at all the slang, roles and so on. So, probably my assumptions will end up being poorly

That being said, what's the matter with unvoting and 'wait till night'?: I didn't want to vote because these two reasons: Trying to prevent my role being mistaken, and avoid a contraproductive vote. However, it's true that Gandhi wrote a well explained post about voting is beneficial in day 1, and now I understand even a new player should apply that. Now that I see it again, I think I should vote.

My vote and pqwerty woots: I believe in pqwerty anti-town role but not about him being aligned with town. I believe he tried to paint MM as a contradictory to feed its supposed role, because really (I) don't see how you can misunderstand that, then tried to rectify because it did not work as intended? That's why i wooted.
My second guess is Eliah since he has been voting with little info and said not voting pqwerty just because is not scum which I think is not true

Soo !Vote Pqwerty

Another thing, I don't know how does roles are distributed by the host, guessing that is randomized? However, wouldn't it be weird to give a newbie a mafia role, it could screw up easy https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

we can assume they're randomly distributed, it's better that way, IMO.
whilst what you say CAN be true (I've hosted before and I generally try to avoid putting newbies in unpleasant situations), it kind of detracts from the game if we read into that kinda stuff

#158 2022-09-01 23:37:07

ElijahBaley

Grilyon also pings my scumdar for calling me out for 'voting with little info'

#159 2022-09-01 23:48:05

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

hello! i’m on break at work so i thought i’d come back to chime in

first, welcome bon jovi & allen, im glad y’all could make it

second, who is Beepboop?? am i missing something

third, if i were to update my read list i would add Allen to the neutral category. i appreciate the reads but i think i still need more

since we’re nearing the day i would like to hear who people’s main suspicion is for scum. i know it’s tough to get reads on day 1 but i think it would be helpful for everyone to give one scumread instead of being so wishy washy.

your read probably won’t be right and that’s okay, it’s just helpful information to go off, especially on future days in the game it will be useful to look back to what people said on day 1

grilyon i appreciate your explanation. i’m going to keep my vote on you just because you’re still my primary suspicion right now.

okay back to work ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#160 2022-09-01 23:49:34

Nuclear Gandhi

ElijahBaley wrote:

also, it isn't true that I wasn't scum hunting, I was. you can look at the posts I made regarding MM and see I had the intent to scum hunt.

When in #75 you called MM towny, but didn't call anyone else towny.
When in page2 you didn't show signs of being interested in solving 2b55, when by comparison she wants to solve you.
When in #52 your interest is in a anti-town claim, you first game interest in a time. (previous page your interest was in statistics)
When in page3 and page4 your interest is in commenting to things related to things said about you, with the exception of that 1 filler looking post about MM.
That I'm so Town post #83.
You had no post page5, but the only post page6 is again commenting on things said said about you.
Now we're here, page 7. But I look at your past and instinctively it feels like an interest in scumhunting is shown in a single digit percentile of your posts.

- Dr. Seuss

#161 2022-09-01 23:50:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

Alright so maybe I'm being a **** but what does MM stand for? I don't think it stands for Minimania but maybe I'm wrong?

Allen's readlist seems par for the course for him.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#162 2022-09-01 23:51:18

Minimania
Moderation Team

Oh it stands for Marshmallow Marshall ****

21cZxBv.png

#163 2022-09-02 00:39:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

BuzzerBee wrote:

He is from EE

21cZxBv.png

#164 2022-09-02 00:53:58

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Minimania wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

He is from EE

there’s no one named Beepboop in the player list which is why i am confused

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#165 2022-09-02 01:08:39

Marshmallow Marshall

Grilyon2 wrote:

Soo !Vote Pqwerty

Don't worry, you have a right to be new lol, some things can be counterintuitive at first.
Usually, roles are handpicked, but who gets what is randomized. Newbies absolutely can be Mafia, so sorry, we have to consider you as a potential suspect //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue.

Hmm, I don't think Pqwerty is evil faking the reevaluation, but it's still possible. I just won't go there unless there is a better reason to do so.

Voting people early is NOT a valid reason to scumread someone, by the way. It's fairly common to even begin the game with a vote to get the ball rolling, so don't get fooled by this.

#166 2022-09-02 01:11:45

Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:

by the way, this could be wrong or whatever but AllenCaspe's read list triggers my inner gut read

!vote AllenCaspe9510

Well, if you have intent to scum hunt, you must have some reads now. Please provide us with a list of reads //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

You've been a center of attention for the whole game, there are 7 pages and serious posts... like, if you actually tried to get reads, you at least have some by now.

#167 2022-09-02 01:57:33

Lumi

What the heck

Majority only?

Cringe

#168 2022-09-02 02:49:31

ShadowsEdge

I'll clarify very quickly, beep boop is me, that's what my discord name is, so it's what some people here primarily know me as so for any further notice if someone refers to beep or beep boop that's referring to me (it's also in my signature, I put that in a few games ago since I figured at some point something like this would happen)

I'll post more when I get home since as of right now I've only skimmed the thread to get an idea of what happened.

As for now though, the reads thus far feel odd, they tread this line of providing enough information while also doing nothing to move the game forward. Basically all the reads thus far have felt like just a way to seem more towny.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by: (2)

#169 2022-09-02 02:50:48

Lumi

@Marshmallow Marshall
@Nuclear Gandhi

How do you two know ElijahBaley?

Do I know ElijahBaley under some other name?

#170 2022-09-02 03:07:46

Lumi

What the hell I can't post because it says I'm a spammer

#171 2022-09-02 03:15:04

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

i kinda skimmed through the thread since i can’t really read right now, i’ll backread again later

though i did see that Grilyon posted something, and i like his post, so i’ll unvote

!unvote

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#172 2022-09-02 03:19:18

Lumi

@2b55b5g

Stupid forum won't let me quote your post, so this is about your reads list.

The heck? You like Shadow so far for his reads???

He's made like ZERO reads and the stuff he has said was hedged to hell

What actual read of his did you even like?

#173 2022-09-02 03:21:44

Lumi

pqwerty is town here

He made a post pointing out how ShadowsEdge doesn't have many reads - shows he's actually reading the game rather than just throwing out content to appear active.

Those of you that have been townreading ShadowsEdge for "having good reads" should feel bad - when you actually look at his posts it's soooo empty

Wooted by:

#174 2022-09-02 03:22:14

Lumi

Nuclear Gandhi is polarized

And just in his town meta. Like, literal shield this slot all the way until F3 town meta. EZ read

#175 2022-09-02 03:22:46

Lumi

Grilyon2 is town as well, he town-slipped here:

Grilyon2 wrote:

Soo !Vote Pqwerty

Good good

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer