Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-14 21:10:09

Ondrashek06

I just wish that we got an EE remaster for HTML5 without changes.

As webpages just keep turning into "new, modern" designs that prefer minimalism instead of user friendliness. For an example, see images of 2008 youtube vs what is it now. For another one, compare old.reddit.com to new.reddit.com.

EE made me relax and feeded my nostalgia needs with the 8bit font and the "old" type layout. But now, it is just nothing. Literally nothing. All we got is EEU without any sort of shops or the lot of worlds that filled EE, and only plans of EE! which seems like it's going to be the "new" design with HD icons and the "modern" fonts instead of the "classic" ones like Verdana or the 8bit font that EE used.
Don't get me wrong, the game itself for sure will be good, but I miss the "old" style of webpages and games that EE has used. Not every game has to have HD everything. I liked the pixel-y smileys and didn't really like EEU's design of new ones.

Also, writing this post literally made me cry of nostalgia in front of my PC.

#2 2021-03-14 21:42:32

Lictor666

Re: I just wish that we got an EE remaster for HTML5 without changes.

nice 66th post

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2021-03-14 23:58:58

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I think there's lots of potential appeal in EE's classic aesthetic, as it gave off this weird impression of a 1990's sci-fi comic book about smileys or something. Unfortunately that wasn't really explored to its full potential, and I'd like to see that return. The pixel fonts were arguably the most iconic part of EE's interface, so seeing that part possibly go away is a bit sad.

The Twitter teaser makes me a bit concerned. 2011 EE was a vague mix of pixel, cartoon, and reality, so it worked however it was interpreted. As we saw more realistic block graphics in the 2012-2019 era, we got less cartoon, and even less pixel. The pendulum seems to be swinging more into one side (cartoonized) than it ever has. If you want to make stylized art, that's fine, but EE is also a tool that will be used by players to make their own art, so perhaps settling on a more exaggerated style isn't the best path to take. Or maybe it is idk.

My ideal EE would have clean pixel graphics with dynamic lighting, a reorganized block system (but few or no removals), and most of EE Flash's physics with very tweaks changes for consistency and playability (999/1000 of worlds should work without breaking).

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2021-03-15 07:48:06

Quitinx4
Website

i have to agree with this, because i prefer the older look of everybody edits rather than EEU. in my opinion, the old everybody edits graphics is better than the new look, despite the fact everybody edits graphics are just .png files. i prefer quantity over quality.

no hate to EEU, as it has been worked on it for years, but i rather prefer playing Everybody Edits rather than EEU for three reasons.

1. everybody edits' block and smiley graphics are more consistent with its games builds and creations than EEU.
2. physics are better. (yeah, that includes the 1x1 hookjump, hovers and tightfits.) thanks to EE's physics, many minigames are less annoying to do, and adds the advantages to make any type of minigame.
3. everybody edits already has all the blocks, smileys and stuff. EEU only has a fraction of EE's features, as it doesn't have half-blocks, boosts and hazards yet.

I am Deca Quitin (a.k.a Quitin in EE), and I am that one Unit smiley guy.
My Discord: Deca Quitin#7446
My Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin
My EE Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin-ee
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/DecaQuitinEE
Quitin_logo_colorized_cyan_red_yellow_compressed.png

#5 2021-03-15 15:00:23

some woman

ee was good before they added half a dozen identical colors for every basic block/brick/beta block, change my mind

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by:

#6 2021-03-16 11:14:10

MartenM
Website

some woman wrote:

ee was good before they added half a dozen identical colors for every basic block/brick/beta block, change my mind

The new colours where neat, having basic blocks in more colours is something I appreciated.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#7 2021-03-16 12:07:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

some woman wrote:

if having more options to build with ruined EE for you, then I have no clue what you were playing for

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2021-03-16 20:03:16

Different55
Forum Admin

Minimania wrote:
some woman wrote:

if having more options to build with ruined EE for you, then I have no clue what you were playing for

She didn't say it was ruined, just that she preferred it with more limited options. Decision paralysis exists, and EE did not handle the wealth of blocks well in its UI.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#9 2021-03-16 23:49:45, last edited by some woman (2021-03-16 23:55:27)

some woman

not even decision paralysis necessarily, it's just really obvious which tiles were added purely because ":O every single color in basic/beta/brick/checkered doesn't have a matching equivalent in the other packs!! how quirky and un-modern"
qkVwoiV.png
the tiles were never supposed to be homogenized. for example:

• red and purple bricks are much darker than red and purple basic blocks

• red and purple basic blocks are more desaturated than red and purple beta

• "cyan" brick and "yellow" brick aren't quite cyan or yellow

• yellow beta looks more gold than yellow

• red and blue basic block bg have much weaker outlines than other bg basic blocks

• the contrast between purple normal bg and purple dark bg is sharper than any other normal/dark contrast

and then they were grouped into these color categories and had all the "blanks" filled in as though they were supposed to be that way, and at some point after the blue brick and the black brick they decided to just make everything entirely uniform (see: whole orange column, cyan beta block, gray brick). it's especially glaring how the white column, which was all introduced at once (minus the beta white bg), is so smooth and consistent compared to everything else. yet they even admit with the later packs modeled after the standard color scheme that none of it is supposed to be 100% consistent:
VHrOCCg.png
(e.g. red half block and red basic block are different, green cave bg is much darker than normal, yellow half block & clay are both actual yellow unlike the yellow basic block, purple clay is a different hue than purple half block)
cue OH MY GOD  GO OUTSIDE

#10 2021-03-17 00:13:01

Cola1

I have to agree with N1KF too. Maybe it's just nostalgia goggles, but I dunno if it's possible to capture the same SOUL feel the old 16x16 graphics used. I've been on the side of caution ever since they switched to vector. The flat, shadeless splodge flowers in the aforementioned Twitter teaser really threw me off. EE had a lot of nice gradients and smooth shading in its graphics, and this certain feel to it (especially with more natural blocks) that I just don't feel like vector can emulate well.
I love my Facebook bambino smileys too much I will never let them go and nothing can replace them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

Wooted by:

#11 2021-03-17 06:33:33

Gosha

some woman wrote:

not even decision paralysis necessarily, it's just really obvious which tiles were added purely because ":O every single color in basic/beta/brick/checkered doesn't have a matching equivalent in the other packs!! how quirky and un-modern"

the absolute worst is the bg of a blue brick. When playing a map you can't be sure whether or not it's bg or fg

#12 2021-03-17 13:59:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I do think there was a level of charm in the colours not perfectly lining up. It meant if you wanted to use a certain blue you'd be forced to use a certain type of block and that kind of limitation lead to interesting and creative decisions.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2021-03-17 15:40:38

EnanoTLL
Website

some woman wrote:

the tiles were never supposed to be homogenized

honestly i dont think its a big deal they added a bunch of matching blocks since they didnt change any of the old ones
i gotta agree sure its a bit inconsistent here and there and back then i thought it was just a horrible choice, but since they kept the original ones as they are i just didnt care

for years i have dreamed of making everything big and soft so thats what i will do

fine.png

FLUFFY【300% マシュマロ〜】エンャノ(っゝω・)っ〜

#14 2021-03-18 06:17:24

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Ondrashek06 wrote:

As webpages just keep turning into "new, modern" designs that prefer minimalism instead of user friendliness. For an example, see images of 2008 youtube vs what is it now. For another one, compare old.reddit.com to new.reddit.com.

EE made me relax and feeded my nostalgia needs with the 8bit font and the "old" type layout. But now, it is just nothing. Literally nothing. All we got is EEU without any sort of shops or the lot of worlds that filled EE, and only plans of EE! which seems like it's going to be the "new" design with HD icons and the "modern" fonts instead of the "classic" ones like Verdana or the 8bit font that EE used.
Don't get me wrong, the game itself for sure will be good, but I miss the "old" style of webpages and games that EE has used. Not every game has to have HD everything. I liked the pixel-y smileys and didn't really like EEU's design of new ones.

Staff gays!!!! Dieeee EE Staff!! I hate staff because I'm a mystery //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

Wooted by:

#15 2021-03-21 00:06:29

some woman

Debora Cris wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

Staff gays!!!! Dieeee EE Staff!! I hate staff because I'm a mystery //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

you certainly are

Wooted by: (6)

#16 2021-03-22 01:59:41

theoldinese

Debora Cris wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

oh man cant wait to apply for ee staf-

*bonk* death by mystery

#17 2021-03-22 02:59:03

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

some woman wrote:
Debora Cris wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

you certainly are

No, but ee staffs are cools but I hate staff only

I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
He/Him ~

Contact information:

#18 2021-03-22 09:40:49

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Debora Cris wrote:
some woman wrote:
Debora Cris wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

you certainly are

No, but ee staffs are cools but I hate staff only

Why do you are of hate ing staff?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#19 2021-03-22 10:06:14, last edited by Tomahawk (2021-03-22 17:38:42)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Can we stay on topic please. Satanya Debora hating on staff isn’t relevant to this thread.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#20 2021-03-22 16:05:23

skullz17

Tomahawk wrote:

Can we stay on topic please. Satanya hating on staff isn’t relevant to this thread.

Wait... Debora Cris is Satanya?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#21 2021-03-22 16:37:00

Minimania
Moderation Team

skullz17 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Can we stay on topic please. Satanya hating on staff isn’t relevant to this thread.

Pleaseeeee tell me this is a joke omg

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (5)

#22 2021-03-23 04:02:34

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

skullz17 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Omg, I'm not Satanya, but I don't want to be staff

He/Him ~

Contact information:

#23 2021-04-02 19:04:49, last edited by TowerOfDustAndDecay (2023-10-28 04:59:46)

TowerOfDustAndDecay

hi i'm an edgelord

2015-2018 - Beginning of the brain's decomposition.
2019 - Not knowing any better.
2020 - A disasterous return.
2021 - OW THE EDGE OW OW STOP IT HURTS
2022 - Actual redemption!
2023 - Remorse. Lots of it.

#24 2021-04-02 23:40:56

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

TowerOfDustAndDecay wrote:

it's not gonna happen 😄

but we're getting Everybody Edits MUwULTIVERSE!!

...as funny as it was, in hindsight it is a bit hurtful to see this genuine suggestion basically mocked as an April Fool's Day joke. Some of the comments like "same exact 1x1 hooks" seem to be missing the point of what the "EE necromancers" (for lack of a better term) overall want. I hope Satanya's topic was more a surreal joke than a parody of EE necromancers, and that the staff are actually listening to feedback.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#25 2021-04-02 23:58:26

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

EE really is a platform for players to make their own art, so when I saw those complex graphics, I already didn’t want to play. I might play just for the feels though. I don’t think anyone wants pixel graphic back for nostalgia, but rather because it is more well-suited.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

rat1617771423789345

Board footer