Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#276 2020-12-05 19:53:44, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 20:34:28)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: Dear Staff, get a lawyer

frostflare wrote:

If that wasn't your attention than you shouldn't have openly accused me of faking a screenshot, Genius.

You succeed in what I failed by obtaining from Nintendo a response.
I putted in doubt the credibility of your screenshot, that indagation was necessary to clarify whenever EE got an actual response from Nintendo.
I apology for the incommodity that I caused with the questioning of the veracity of your screenshot of Nintendo´s response Frostflare.

You have revealed Nintendo´s position on this subject. Now the EE staff know what would happen next if they continue using stolen graphics without Nintendo´s approbation.
And the staff is now also aware that there will be more messages sent to Nintendo for the same inquiry about the stolen graphics.

The staff replacing the stolen graphics might not only avoid a confrontation with Nintendo, but also clean-up EE´s reputaion.

Wooted by:

#277 2020-12-05 20:37:19

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

unknown.png

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#278 2020-12-05 21:10:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

In this case the shooter would be Nintendo, with Minisaurus inviting the shooter not knowing if they'd shoot or not. And in this case Nintendo didn't even shoot, they just warned us.

#279 2020-12-05 21:13:11

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

who cares it's just a meme

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#280 2020-12-05 21:40:10, last edited by Tomahawk (2020-12-05 23:58:00)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

who cares it's just a meme

Well your meme is trying to tell us something, right? You can't just meme that somebody's killing EE when many people unironically agree, then dismiss it as a joke.

As a fellow memer I have the obligation to countermeme:

Large unnecessary meme

#281 2020-12-05 21:44:17, last edited by Tomahawk (2020-12-05 23:57:42)

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Large unnecessary meme

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by: (6)

#282 2020-12-05 21:44:50, last edited by Joeyjoey65 (2020-12-05 21:47:01)

Joeyjoey65

minisaurus thinking of words to put in his posts to sound smart be like

brain-universe.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#283 2020-12-05 21:50:23

Raphe9000

Minisaurus wrote:

The staff replacing the stolen graphics might not only avoid a confrontation with Nintendo, but also clean-up EE´s reputaion.

We have a narcissistic owner, a dying community that is extremely toxic to outsiders, and Minisaurus, but the game's reputation will be restored once and for all by replacing the face block!

#284 2020-12-05 21:55:17

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

We have a narcissistic owner, a dying community that is extremely toxic to outsiders, and Minisaurus, but the game's reputation will be restored once and for all by replacing the face block!

Not going to touch the first two comments in this topic, but yes, replacing some of the copied graphics could make the game more presentable to new people.

#285 2020-12-05 21:59:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

replacing some of the copied graphics could make the game more presentable to new people.

I don't think it's necessary to make EE/EEO more presentable to new people. Only EEU needs to be. As far as the advice to not use stolen graphics goes, EEU already follows that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#286 2020-12-05 22:05:25

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

mutantdevle wrote:
N1KF wrote:

replacing some of the copied graphics could make the game more presentable to new people.

I don't think it's necessary to make EE/EEO more presentable to new people. Only EEU needs to be. As far as the advice to not use stolen graphics goes, EEU already follows that.

Or IS it? *detective music plays*

The EEO future is the safest possible timeline, especially as EE gets remade in JavaScript by fans. We have over half a million worlds and it will take a long time for EEU to catch up, assuming it does.

#287 2020-12-05 22:08:54, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 22:41:05)

Minisaurus
Banned

mutantdevle wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Considering you safe does not make you safe.
If EE has not been sued yet isn´t because it is immune to be sued, but because it was not a big project to take care of.
Now that EEU is planning to be in Steam and everywhere, Nintendo will notice this company and EEO. (EEU is a platform game as many nintendo games, they won´t be happy about more rivals).
Don´t expect from them a caress for keeping stolen graphics for EEO.

As the own staff said, they won´t be updating the EEO project after it is released, so if it got stolen graphics it will be kept as so.
This would be not a decision taken 10 years ago, but a complete new and punishable decision from the current staff team.

Did you knew that Zendroforce can be sued by Nintendo with a Retrospective lawsuit?

Keeping the infection for EEO will be noticed eventually and Nintendo will demand a punishment for the company responsible of EEO stolen graphics (And therefore EE´s prior illicit of keeping known stolen graphics).

#288 2020-12-05 22:56:13

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

rat wrote:
Kkay wrote:

How many pages do you think this'll hit, 10 maybe 15

i think it has already hit the climax, and we're in the falling action now. i say like 10 or 11 pages .

this didnt age well

Minisaurus wrote:

Do you really want to start the same discussion we had in the past 7 pages?
Not this time.

neither did this

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#289 2020-12-05 23:13:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

First of all, it irritates me that you choose to respond to this post when you have ignored so many of the other things I have said in this thread, but regardless:

Yes, I am aware that it is possible Nintendo could sue retroactively. However, EEU is not guaranteed to grow. It may live and die without ever reaching anything remotely considered 'popular' and I doubt it will ever grow popular enough to be noticed by Nintendo. Next, if it does somehow become incredibly popular to the point that a lot of the internet/gamers have heard of the game and hence making it likely that Nintendo also knows the game, that does not automatically mean they will find out about EEO - I don't even expect the average player who discovers EEU to know about EEO, I'd imagine only those who become friends with current players or have an interest in the game's history would know. But then, if Nintendo did discover EEO, it is my assumption that retroactively suing something like EEO would not hold much legal strength. Again, this is my assumption, so perhaps this is something that is worth consulting legal advice for. However, if retroactively suing us for using their graphics is something that they can do and are likely to win the case for, then changing the graphics now will achieve nothing. We'd already be screwed. We have already released a version of EEO, EE has already been making money from stolen graphics for the last 10 years. Changing the graphics isn't going to solve anything if retroactively suing truly is a concern.

TLDR: If Nintendo suing us in the future for using stolen graphics now is truly a concern and a legal battle we'd be likely to lose, then changing the graphics isn't going to prevent that from happening. Only shutting down EE, EEO and EEU would.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#290 2020-12-05 23:21:58, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 23:41:30)

Minisaurus
Banned

mutantdevle wrote:

Changing the graphics isn't going to solve anything if retroactively suing truly is a concern.

Nintendo might have minor to no interest in starting a lawsuit against a game that is already dead and already shutted down.

Nintendo might be more interested in suing a game company for trying to keep a project alive that uses stolen graphics from Nintendo´s IP. (And has been profiting from it for 10+ years).

If so, Zendroforce, the company of EE and every future owner of EE will be fined for a large sum of money. therefore declaring bankruptcy is the next step so Nintendo don´t get money. The whole franchise would be shutted down in result.

#291 2020-12-05 23:40:44

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

Nintendo might be more interested in suing a game company for trying to keep a project alive that uses stolen graphics from Nintendo´s IP. (And has been profiting from it for 10+ years).

This is exactly why we'd need to shut EEU down if this was a big concern. We can't change the fact that EE has been profiting from Nintendo's graphics for 10+ years - EEU counts as trying to keep that project alive.

Minisaurus wrote:

Nintendo might have minor to no interest in starting a lawsuit against a game that is already dead and already shutted down.

I'd argue that EEO will count as 'already dead and shut down' since we'd not continue to develop it or monetise it. However, if I am wrong about that and it doesn't count, then there is no reason why the version of EEO we already released would not count either. Again, we are past the point of fixing that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#292 2020-12-05 23:41:34, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 23:52:17)

Minisaurus
Banned

This website explain this better than I can: (Screenshot of Nintendo´s most preciated article).
vVlUIUT.png
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.co … o-products

Clearly Nintendo isn´t happy about the piracy use of their content.

I haven´t contacted those mails, and I don´t plan to do so, but I would not expect such kindness from other community members.
Telling Nintendo the plan EE staff has to hide EEO from them so EEU can start to be developed using the profit EE staff got from EE by using the stolen graphics of nintendo isn´t something that they would be happy to hear about.

I think this is pretty much self explanatory, and does not even need to be discussed as whenever the staff should keep or not the stolen graphics, but why they haven´t yet replaced&removed those, 10 years is enough time to do it. The staff being accused of bad-faith and therefore piracy would not be a surprise.

#293 2020-12-05 23:45:14

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

hes not even hiding it anymore dude's literally googling how to get ee sued

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (4)

#294 2020-12-06 00:29:16

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

TaskManager wrote:

hes not even hiding it anymore dude's literally googling how to get ee sued

You have to know how something works to prevent it. That's what I tell the people knocking at our door then asking about my search history.

Wooted by:

#295 2020-12-06 02:17:43

Minimania
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:

That's what I tell the people knocking at our door then asking about my search history.

Your search history is probably the cleanest out of all of us

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#296 2020-12-06 06:35:47, last edited by Tomahawk (2020-12-07 03:21:43)

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Minimania wrote:
N1KF wrote:

That's what I tell the people knocking at our door then asking about my search history.

Your search history is probably the cleanest out of all of us

This is true

Language

It's not as bad as it looks I swear

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#297 2020-12-06 21:01:44

Minisaurus
Banned

Now the staff know the dangers of keeping the stolen graphics.

The staff is now as a whole decided to keep the stolen graphics for EEO.

The discussion is closed as nothing else need to be discussed, they know the dangers, and we know their answer.

If the Forum staff want to reopen this topic, or violate the closure of it, I am willing to reopen the topic for further discussion.

#298 2020-12-07 06:53:34, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-07 07:31:40)

Minisaurus
Banned

frostflare wrote:

Why couldn't he have just DM Xenonetix in private instead of turning this into a giant dumpster fire.

Whenever that proposal were made in private or publicly, the result is the same, the staff want to keep the stolen graphics anyway.
The only that changes is that now the community is aware of the issue, (7000+ views of the issue topic and raising).
And I did contacted Xenonetix if you were wondering.
__
And about your meme, here is other:
C59DSOd.png
I wasn´t the only one who sent a message to Nintendo frostflare, I know that a guy called frostflare sent a message too.
My message was delived to Support service, yours to the lawyers of Nintendo.
And I expect more members from this community to send messages to Nintendo to report the stolen graphics.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.co … o-products
If that link with the mails to contact the lawyers of Nintendo exist it is because they want to chase and punish every company that dare to use their IP without their consent.
_
The discussion is concluded tho, here is the resume.
The staff will keep the stolen graphics, they won´t change their mind unless Nintendo approach EE company for doing so.

#299 2020-12-07 07:38:22

Different55
Forum Admin

Minisaurus wrote:

My message was delived to Support service, yours to the lawyers of Nintendo.

So you knowingly sent it to the Nintendo switch customer support and expected a reply back saying "Yeah, totally fine to use our IP?"

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#300 2020-12-07 07:41:56, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-07 07:42:51)

Minisaurus
Banned

Different55 wrote:

So you knowingly sent it to the Nintendo switch customer support and expected a reply back saying "Yeah, totally fine to use our IP?"

Let´s not convert this into Dear Staff, get a lawyer 2, if you want to continue the discussion, you are free to re-open the topic whenever you want.

Cola11607374010786785

Board footer