Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 2020-12-04 23:43:00, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 00:00:50)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: Dear Staff, get a lawyer

Alternatively you can expect me from doing an extra effort in case the stolen graphics are kept for EEO by the staff, hoping for a "nothing happens" (Wich seems to be a popular option along the staff, a very dangerous path is ahead of course).
As previously, I don´t expect anyone to be happy on what I did while doing this topic, but this seems to be right thing to do.

So far I am very happy with the result of making this topic, and I keep the doors open to continue "helping" more in this subject in case of "needed".
I look forward for the staff to start taking the correct steps for a bright EE future now on.

Of course this topic already served it´s purpose.
We figured out possible outcomes (sadly without law advice, so those still just speculations).
And we figured out possible solutions (again, sadly without law advice, so those still just speculations).

Next steps might be less noisy but more noticeable.
Cheers.

#252 2020-12-05 00:13:16

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

I keep the doors open to continue "helping"

oh god oh **** he's really gonna kill the game by any means necessary

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by:

#253 2020-12-05 00:24:20, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 01:38:11)

Minisaurus
Banned

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

I keep the doors open to continue "helping"

oh god oh **** he's really gonna kill the game by any means necessary

That is not what I said at all. I would not try to kill this game never, this is literally the only game I am fan of.
But lets hope the contemporaneous staff don´t do it "accidentally" by using graphics stolen from the intellectual property of Nintendo for EE´s franchise future game, the brand new EEO.

No previous staff tried to renovate this game and got so far, those upcoming games are completely new and their faith is not yet determined.
The staff clearly stated that they can´t afford a lawyer advice, and clearly can´t afford a lawyer for a court. I expect them to do what is best for the game.
And without a lawyer, expectations to be kindly treaty in the court if still using the stolen graphics might not be just dangerous, but even lethal for the game.

I did everything I could already, and I can´t do anything else for this subject in this forum.
Sadly, if the staff is warned about this once again, it won´t be from me.

And I used " on "helping" because this topic isn´t to directly help, it rather shaked and annoyed the staff and possibly awaken something that was already there, and still there.
Something positive did happen in some aspects (To make this issue noted by everyone in the community 5000+ views to this topic and raising so far, so it takes more relevance on the agenda of the staff) and negative in other aspects.

#254 2020-12-05 01:17:38

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

molested the staff

please god no they have so much to live for let them keep their innocence

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by: (4)

#255 2020-12-05 01:59:47, last edited by Minimania (2020-12-05 02:00:38)

Minimania
Moderation Team

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

molested the staff

Minisaurus uses a translator as they speak Spanish. Molestar in Spanish means "to bother"

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#256 2020-12-05 03:08:51

John

Minimania wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

molested the staff

Minisaurus uses a translator as they speak Spanish. Molestar in Spanish means "to bother"

Me gusta la clase de espanol mas que la clase de ingles. Tuve la clase de espanol por tres anos!

Okay, I'll say stuff now.

N1KF wrote:

I just want Minisaurus's perspective on EE to be taken more seriously.

Nobody has a problem with his idea, but the issue was with him going nuclear by reporting the game to Nintendo when he didn't get what he wanted.

N1KF wrote:

I'll admit most of my efforts to debate with your posts were made out of frustration of users like you, 32OrtonEdge, or Norwegianboy treating him poorly, but now that youve apologized and started replying to him more respectfully I can move on from your posts.

To be honest the issues that people have with Minisaurus is when he has his "I'm right which makes you wrong and uneducated" attitude. There is nothing wrong with discussing things, but insults aren't cool. I'm still sorry for my actions but you seem to have missed portions of what Minisaurus has said. I've copied notes from Orton below for your reference. Some of this was prior to him involving Nintendo.

Minisaurus wrote:

If you feel like your intelligence has been offenced that is not because of me, it is your own personal problem, don´t blame me if you think you are not intelligent.

Minisaurus wrote:

This shows how little the staff know of how a lawyer works and it is pretty disappointing.

I mean, I wonder if they know anything about laws at all lol, let me explain it to you

Minisaurus wrote:

the staff is ignorant

Minisaurus wrote:

the staff is completely unaware of what is and what is not "stolen assets"

Minisaurus wrote:

all the community and staff assumptions are not more than assumptions.

Minisaurus wrote:

Go on and continue having the fear in your heart, but I am quite sure

Minisaurus wrote:

Whover who thinks that this will would never happen is fooling themselves.

Minisaurus wrote:

I don´t expect you to understand my reasoning of what is done

Minisaurus wrote:

I can clarify those aspects if the staff is so incapable to do it themselves.

Minisaurus wrote:

The problem with many people is that they skip words

Minisaurus wrote:

The staff is so incapacitated and undisciplined to run the game that it would not be surprise they mess up the only job they had, to keep the game alive.

Minisaurus wrote:

Go try blame me, that would be stupid, unnecesary and a potential defamation.

Is the staff truly going to attempt to defamate me for their own responsibilities?

Minisaurus wrote:

John, haven´t yet Xenonetix teached you tricks?

Different55 wrote:

You have an incredibly twisted sense of time here. All the "staff" afaik are volunteers working in their free time. Every bit of work done for this is carved out of what time they can scrape together between all the other aspects that make up their life. It's an issue that's been in progress for some time and that's fine. Because time is the most limited resources they're working with. They are not working around the clock on the new graphics. They are working in their free time. It can't be sped up, nor does it need to be. Exercise a small amount of patience and don't go off half cocked.

This is in reply to N1KF

Can confirm, I'm literally a full time student who is graduating soon. I'm also a TA at my university, work full time to provide technical support / planning / implementation / strategic planning to an entire (PK-12) school district by myself (yes it's more stressful because of distance learning) and also provide technical support and professional services to a private school. I also have made $0 (and 0 gems lol) from working on EE which I'm fine with, I just like helping out when I can. It frustrates me when people destructively attack the staff when this isn't even our full time jobs. I'm not trying to "flex" or anything (as Minisaurus has previously accused me of doing) but the point is that we all aren't kids anymore - we all have so much going on in our lives but still want to contribute what we can. Xenonetix know this and is still appreciative.

PW?scale=2

#257 2020-12-05 03:31:57

LukeM
Website

John wrote:

Xenonetix know this and is still appreciative.

Hmmmmm....

Wooted by:

#258 2020-12-05 03:44:38, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 05:54:21)

Minisaurus
Banned

John wrote:

It frustrates me when people destructively attack the staff when this isn't even our full time jobs

I blame them because of their posture of not adressing the stolen graphic problem and expect the best from doing absolutely nothing about it.
(In this case I pull apart that I also blame every staff who misconduct, but that is a minus problem vs what is going on right now with the stolen graphics staff´s posture).

John wrote:

him going nuclear by reporting the game to Nintendo when he didn't get what he wanted.

This isn´t like if I contacted the supreme court of internet either, Nintendo won´t move a finger unless the EE staff makes them reconsider that with their upcoming decisions for the game.
And btw, the message wasn´t exactly sent to the legal department, but the customer support of Nintendo. (It can still be derived to the legal departmet if they want tho).

But I would still be worried for using for an upcoming game (EEO) stolen graphics from the biggest company known better for suing small companies for the slightest details.
Doing so can end up real bad for the whole franchise, not just EEO.

And if the game get sued by Nintendo because of the game keeping the stolen graphics for EEO, don´t even dare to accuse me for snitching, because the staff would well deserve it.
The EE staff might ruin the game future by keeping the stolen graphics for EEO. Them not even bothering to address the illicit act of re-using stolen graphics gives me chills.

I have been praying the rosary every morning, every night and before sleep for that the EE staff don´t follow the maritimal tradition of "Captain goes down with the ship" as if it were the whole plan for this issue.
Doing nothing knowing the ship will eventualy hit an iceber if not changing the route will not only put the game in danger, but show to the community that the staff is not just slow, but incompetent.

I hope that if Nintendo contact Zendroforce (EE company) because of the stolen graphics, they just ask to remove those specific graphics. but perhaps they ask for retribution, in this case, EE is dead.
And don´t start over with the excuse that graphics aren´t ready, Minimania´s graphic replacement have enough quality to be placeholders right now.
The staff is against replacing graphics unless EE is sued by Nintendo, claimed many times by the own staff members. "Doomed by the nonaction of the staff team" this would fit perfectly for the epitaph of the EE´s tomb.

If the staff ultimately fails isn´t because they did something terribly wrong but because they wanted to do nothing wrong, you can´t expect to make everyone happy, it is more, you should fully expect that some people might get angry for every decision the staff takes, it is impossible that nobody will be angry and dissapointed by getting the old most preciated blocks replaced by new ones, but this might also allow the game franchise to be kept alive. It would make people even more angry and dissapointed if EE franchise is taken down because of the stolen graphics being used for EEO.

#259 2020-12-05 04:43:16

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

John wrote:

To be honest the issues that people have with Minisaurus is when he has his "I'm right which makes you wrong and uneducated" attitude. There is nothing wrong with discussing things, but insults aren't cool. I'm still sorry for my actions but you seem to have missed portions of what Minisaurus has said.

I'm not any of the people Minisaurus criticized, but I'd be willing to look past that more so than I would other in some other cases. If you look at the big picture, he is trying to do good, and to push EE staff to do what he considers urgently needed to protect the game. Also I'm more bothered by other behaviors in the community, but I think I've written enough essays on that.

Or maybe I'm just familiar with others making me realize I'm wrong and uneducated after being here for nearly half of my life.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#260 2020-12-05 07:29:22

Minimania
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:
John wrote:

To be honest the issues that people have with Minisaurus is when he has his "I'm right which makes you wrong and uneducated" attitude. There is nothing wrong with discussing things, but insults aren't cool. I'm still sorry for my actions but you seem to have missed portions of what Minisaurus has said.

I'm not any of the people Minisaurus criticized, but I'd be willing to look past that more so than I would other in some other cases. If you look at the big picture, he is trying to do good, and to push EE staff to do what he considers urgently needed to protect the game. Also I'm more bothered by other behaviors in the community, but I think I've written enough essays on that.

If you're gonna be frustrated at people for getting hissy with Minisaurus, at least be consistent about it if it goes the other way. Perfectly fine to criticize the way people treat each other, but it's hypocritical to turn a blind eye to the other person just because you have a bias towards them.

One thing I will say is that, for argument's sake, Everybody Edits Offline is not a "new game" by any means, but it isn't really going to be a liscenced game either as far as I know, so I don't quite understand the legal situation behind Nintendo suing the "owners" of EEO when theoretically nobody will own it at all.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#261 2020-12-05 08:21:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Minimania wrote:

If you're gonna be frustrated at people for getting hissy with Minisaurus, at least be consistent about it if it goes the other way. Perfectly fine to criticize the way people treat each other, but it's hypocritical to turn a blind eye to the other person just because you have a bias towards them.

Nah, others have already called out Minisaurus enough. I know how it feels to interact poorly with this community and get backlash from it, and I don't want to be part of that. Also I don't have anything new to add to the bandwagon.

One thing I will say is that, for argument's sake, Everybody Edits Offline is not a "new game" by any means, but it isn't really going to be a liscenced game either as far as I know, so I don't quite understand the legal situation behind Nintendo suing the "owners" of EEO when theoretically nobody will own it at all.

For creative works, the creators are generally considered the owners by default, right? Just because you've published a game online and don't update it doesn't mean you lose ownership.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#262 2020-12-05 08:26:04, last edited by Minimania (2020-12-05 08:29:32)

Minimania
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:

For creative works, the creators are generally considered the owners by default, right?

Not correct. Artists disown their pieces all the time. One very famous example is Erotic Scene (La Douceur) by Pablo Picasso made in 1903. It was said that Picasso disowned his own work, claiming it to be a bad joke between friends. The materials used to create the piece are consistent with his Blue Period works, but, again, he disowned it.

21cZxBv.png

#263 2020-12-05 08:57:07, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 09:46:01)

Minisaurus
Banned

The EE staff should focus to find a solution.

Recapitulating observations:

0) EE can´t pay for any law advice nor being represented in a lawsuit.

1) Nintendo has got his first advice (by me) about the use of their graphics by this game- They could ignore the message. but:
- Someone else might persist sending more messages about this, so EE gets Nintendo´s attention.
- Nintendo already filed EE in it´s agenda and will wait the precise moment to proceed with it´s plan.
- Nintendo don´t care for a while until EEU gets popularity and when so they try to sue EE company because of EEO stolen graphics.
-

2) If Nintendo finally sues EE (Now or later on), they could either request to:
- Remove the graphics that has been stolen from their IP and everyone happy.
- Remove the graphics that has been stolen from their IP and get EE fined for one zillion dollars. (R.I.P)
- Request to shut down EEO or fight for it in a court (Partly R.I.P, EEU persists if simply obey and shut down EEO)
- Request to shut down EEO or fight for it in a court and get EE fined for one zillion dollars. (R.I.P)
-

3) The proposition to avoid being sued in the first place is either to:
- Replace the stolen graphics with new ones. In favor: This might appease Nintendo completely. (Minimania´s graphic replacement packs are decent enough already to be used for EEO).
- Do nothing and pray for mercy. In favor: This means to keep the stolen graphics and pray so Nintendo does not try to smash EE company for that.
-

Below is Lukem perspective, it is so far one of the most valuable posts in the whole topic discussion and worth reading if you dind´t already:
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 54#p786654

#264 2020-12-05 12:21:36

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ee eeo eeu are all bad anyway smh

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#265 2020-12-05 13:44:04

frostflare

After reading through this thread and seeing the fact Minisaurus already ''woke up the bear.'' I decided to contact Nintendo myself and explain what happen and request if the site could still use it. And this was their reply to my email.

bbyGUIa.png

I am unsure if this will help out this situation but I was honestly curious to know their response to this issue.

Wooted by:

#266 2020-12-05 14:00:03, last edited by icepegasus (2020-12-05 14:03:52)

icepegasus

N1KF wrote:

Just because you've published a game online and don't update it doesn't mean you lose ownership.

I don't think you quite understand legally how this works. I could create a game similar to Minecraft, even using quite a lot of their assets and publish it, and I could get away with it easily. How? Here's a list of conditions:
- I do not license the game (copyright)
- I do not get revenue from the game
- I do not claim to own any of the stolen assets (Which EE/EEO certainly doesn't claim to own them)
- I do not deliberately advertise my game on any Minecraft related platform in the aim to "steal" players from the original game.

This way, Microsoft can hire the best, most expensive lawyers and wouldn't be able to do anything.

The same happened with EE btw. How many remakes have there been? Lots. None of them were illegal (unless any of then had gained income which I highly doubt)

user.php?id=icepegasus

#267 2020-12-05 14:13:47

Snowester

icepegasus wrote:

None of them were illegal (unless any of then had gained income which I highly doubt)

Didn't Benjaminsen at one point shut down Everybody Edits 2 (remake)?

#268 2020-12-05 14:15:50, last edited by LukeM (2020-12-05 14:18:06)

LukeM
Website

icepegasus wrote:

Just to make this clear, this is a popular belief, but is completely untrue.

You can understand how this makes sense by thinking about what copyright law is intended to prevent. It’s supposed to give the creator rights to control the distribution of their work, for example if someone like Nintendo make a game, it doesn’t make sense for it to be legal to redistribute any part of that game, because then it would be impossible to make money from, since other people could just upload their own versions of the game which make it pointless to buy the original.

All the remakes that used content from EE were 100% illegal, and EE could have issued a DMCA takedown notice at any point, they just never had the time or money to bother, since these remakes were never really a threat. Nintendo, however, does.

Here’s a response from someone who knows a lot more about this than I do: http://nysbar.com/blogs/EASL/2020/04/th … _infr.html

#269 2020-12-05 16:49:47

Minimania
Moderation Team

Snowester wrote:
icepegasus wrote:

None of them were illegal (unless any of then had gained income which I highly doubt)

Didn't Benjaminsen at one point shut down Everybody Edits 2 (remake)?

This sentence is wrong in so many ways

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#270 2020-12-05 18:42:45, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 19:49:42)

Minisaurus
Banned

There is more than one thing that seems that has been photoshoped in your screenshot, for example, "artemis" seems to be in bold font in the wrong place.
I wonder what are the intentions behind it.
Respond assap? That is clearly not a message that would be responded such fast, might either be fake or simply an automatic response in case it is actually real.

The answer provided looks like something that Nintendo would send, it is coherent and formal, but I wonder if the message is legit.

EDIT: Discarded thoughts, the mail might be real, my fault to think otherwise.

#271 2020-12-05 18:46:02

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

Minisaurus wrote:

There is more than one thing that seems that has been photoshoped in your screenshot, for example, Artemis is in bold font in the wrong place.
Respond assap? That is clearly not a message that would be responded such fast, might either be fake or simply an automatic response in case it is actually real.
https://i.imgur.com/LnH8gOj.png

GASP.
The plot thickens.

#272 2020-12-05 18:48:17, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 18:51:56)

Minisaurus
Banned

Kkay wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

There is more than one thing that seems that has been photoshoped in your screenshot, for example, Artemis is in bold font in the wrong place.

GASP.
The plot thickens.

Not something that matters, but impersonation should not be taken lightly. It is illegal if you didn´t knew. So I wonder if the message is real.

#273 2020-12-05 19:39:02

frostflare

Minisaurus wrote:

There is more than one thing that seems that has been photoshoped in your screenshot, for example, "artemis" seems to be in bold font in the wrong place.
The answer provided looks like something that Nintendo would send, it is coherent and formal, but I wonder if the message is legit.

Has anyone ever told you that when you assume you make an **** out of you and me? Yes, the screen shot is real. And if you bother to do even a bit of research before posting this. You would have known that when you sent an email to an Yahoo email address they put the recipient's name/user name in bold font at the top left of the screen.Not to mention, it puts what was said last down below the reply, which Nintendo cut out when they replied to my email.

#274 2020-12-05 19:44:27, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-05 19:52:11)

Minisaurus
Banned

I didn´t knew that about Yahoo bold font, good to know that not all mails have the same presentation.
My intention is not to try to accuse you of doing something wrong, but to clarify your intentions. Many people post in this topic just to make fun of EE´s sitaution or what is being suggested.

It is really a relief that you got an actual response from Nintendo, I didn´t got any with my mail yet (and I don´t expect it to happen anytime).
Your mail shows that Nintendo is not kind with the ones who dare to use their assets, and it worries me even more.

#275 2020-12-05 19:51:39

frostflare

Minisaurus wrote:

My intention is not to try to accuse you of doing something wrong

If that wasn't your attention than you shouldn't have openly accused me of faking a screenshot, Genius.

Wooted by: (3)
Cola11607374010786785

Board footer