Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 2020-12-03 08:20:31, last edited by Different55 (2020-12-03 08:21:08)

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Dear Staff, get a lawyer

N1KF wrote:

they haven't actually undone the situation they're in.

Do you think new graphics are made overnight? This is not a situation that gets resolved in the blink of an eye, nor does it need to. And it won't/can't be forced by someone pulling an aggressively misguided stunt like this. There's little point in putting in placeholder graphics. It's been 10 years, it can wait a month for proper graphics to be fabricated.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#177 2020-12-03 08:42:26, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-03 09:23:07)

Minisaurus
Banned

Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Do you think new graphics are made overnight? This is not a situation that gets resolved in the blink of an eye, nor does it need to. And it won't/can't be forced by someone pulling an aggressively misguided stunt like this. There's little point in putting in placeholder graphics. It's been 10 years, it can wait a month for proper graphics to be fabricated.

Remaking graphics is easy and fast.
If Xenonetix want I could collaborate with Minimania and that "secret" new graphic designer, and I am quite sure other graphic designers are willing to help too.
He just need to request it to me. (I am under NDA btw)

If the staff really thinks that it would take more than a week to get polished new graphic replacements, I can prove them wrong easily.

Of course the old graphics are excellent, and changing them will not make everyone happy.
And who said that the staff is acutally considering to replace the "stolen" graphics? for now it seems that it is just an option, the staff seems to be splitted in what to do next, or nothing or something.

Wooted by:

#178 2020-12-03 08:54:44

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Minimania: I have been working on replacing the Nintendo IP with original work, this has been in the works for a while now

Minisaurus: doesn't read a single salient thing as usual

Minisaurus wrote:

And who said that the staff is acutally considering to replace the "stolen" graphics? for now it seems that it is just an option

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#179 2020-12-03 08:57:55, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-03 09:17:39)

Minisaurus
Banned

Haven´t you read the other´s staff member posts? Nobody else from the staff is willing to replace the graphics so far.
For them it is just an option in case EE is sued, otherwise no graphic might be replaced.

#180 2020-12-03 09:17:48, last edited by N1KF (2020-12-03 09:23:42)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

(note: This was mostly written before the last 3 posts)

Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I'm guessing yes. Placeholder graphics can be made pretty quickly as I've already mentioned. Export EEU blocks as 16x16 images, then use some color/saturation filters until it looks good. At that point it will look as good as some lower quality block graphics, like cloud, plastic, or pipe blocks. As a bonus, you now have a base to work off for the new block designs! If people are confused, just use the news popup to explain that the original graphics were copyright infringement, and that they may need adjustment according to community needs (so people don't riot). It could even encourage more users to register on the forums to give feedback.

I'm not going to argue that the graphics need updating as if there's an emergency, and if that's not the case then people don't need to blame Minisaurus as if he caused an emergency. I feel like people are trying to have their cake and eat it too—by trying to finalize the blame as Minisaurus's, while disregarding that the EE staff are themselves guilty of continuously breaking the law they don't want to get in trouble for.

Minisaurus endangered EE, but he has increased communication between the community and staff. EE Staff are also endangering EE by keeping the graphics, but they're also providing this wonderful platform for us. Several people are guilty here, but they're also doing great things for us.

#181 2020-12-03 12:55:11, last edited by John (2020-12-03 12:56:24)

John

N1KF wrote:

If EE got sued, Minisaurus would only be a small part of it.

No, it would be his fault. He could reached out to a third party like he said or asked Nintendo without identifying the game. If something happens, it's definitely his fault because he caused the sequence of events to happen. The likelihood of it happening on its own is incredibly small.

N1KF wrote:

they haven't actually undone the situation they're in

Minimania wrote:

I did not start that project because of you, but now hecause of this whole thread, I'm being forced to accelerate that project.

N1KF wrote:

this is the kind of wake-up call we need

Minimania wrote:

I did not start that project because of you, but now hecause of this whole thread, I'm being forced to accelerate that project.

It was already being addressed, there was no reason to risk the future of the game.

N1KF wrote:

We're watching an unstoppable force (Minisaurus) go up against an unmovable object (the Everybody Edits status quo).

what

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#182 2020-12-03 18:10:48, last edited by Minimania (2020-12-03 18:44:53)

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm going to be posting a new swf* today.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#183 2020-12-03 20:00:57, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-03 20:01:10)

Minisaurus
Banned

John, haven´t yet Xenonetix teached you tricks? How to behave?

I guess I will need to talk to the owner again, sigh.

#184 2020-12-03 20:24:42

John

Minisaurus wrote:

John, haven´t yet Xenonetix teached you tricks? How to behave?

I guess I will need to talk to the owner again, sigh.

tell him i said hi

PW?scale=2

#185 2020-12-03 20:24:53

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Minisaurus wrote:

John, haven´t yet Xenonetix teached you tricks?

John.... sit!

..Now roll!

Here's a treat

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#186 2020-12-03 20:27:24

Raphe9000

Get the graphics! Come on boy! Get those graphics! GOOD BOY! throws a few gems at him, Okay NOW change EEU's lobby! GOOD BOY!

#187 2020-12-03 20:28:51

John

TundrumMax wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

John.... sit!

..Now roll!

Here's a treat

Raphe9000 wrote:

Get the graphics! Come on boy! Get those graphics! GOOD BOY! throws a few gems at him, Okay NOW change EEU's lobby! GOOD BOY!

yes papas and thanks for treat and gems

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (3)

#188 2020-12-03 20:39:33, last edited by Raphe9000 (2020-12-03 20:50:23)

Raphe9000

tricks.jpg

Edit: at John's request

#189 2020-12-03 20:42:15

John

can you fix my hair? it should be poofy around my head

PW?scale=2

#190 2020-12-03 20:44:04

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Stay on topic please.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#191 2020-12-03 20:59:47, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-03 21:11:44)

Minisaurus
Banned

TundrumMax wrote:

John.... sit!

..Now roll!

Here's a treat

I didn´t intended my post to be taken like that, just to clarify, I don´t think John is a dog, and I find it very offensive you guys treat him like so.
I was just saying that John as a staff member shouldn´t be taunting to continue a drama, inflating it is even worse.

This topic suggest/warns to the staff something that has been going around for years, it is very disappointing how some staff members are behaving about this subject.

#192 2020-12-03 21:12:53

Raphe9000

Minisaurus wrote:

I didn´t intended my post to be taken like that, just to clarify, I don´t think John is a dog, and I find it very offensive you guys treat him like so.
I was just saying that John as a staff member shouldn´t be taunting to continue a drama, inflating it is even worse.

This topic suggest to the staff something that has been going around for years, it is very disappointing how some staff members are behaving about this subject.

Nah inflating it is fun, and EE doesn't have enough of a community to care. Woof woof!

#193 2020-12-03 22:05:40

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

John wrote:

No, it would be his fault. He could reached out to a third party like he said or asked Nintendo without identifying the game. If something happens, it's definitely his fault because he caused the sequence of events to happen. The likelihood of it happening on its own is incredibly small.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Minisaurus is not causing EE to be sued in a vacuum. If it got sued, he'd have caused the chain of events causing people who aren't Minisaurus to sue Everybody Edits for people who aren't Minisaurus keeping the graphics in the game. I'm highlighting those phrases because I don't want to repeat myself again.

It was already being addressed, there was no reason to risk the future of the game.

My point was that still hasn't been fixed. I'm not talking about the process of fixing it. The EE Staff are still infringing copyright at this very moment, and if they don't want to be held responsible for what they're doing now then they should stop doing it.

N1KF wrote:

We're watching an unstoppable force (Minisaurus) go up against an unmovable object (the Everybody Edits status quo).

what

Yeah that was a bit cryptic, but in my view this is just another piece of the larger problem. The EE status quo meaning that the staff are not visibly changing their mindset or production speed towards the EE franchise. I wrote like a paragraph on this, but to be brief, I think the staff should focus first on preserving EE in all its glory, then making risky new projects like EEU second.

#194 2020-12-03 22:33:12

John

Minisaurus wrote:

That's the message you conveyed - but it's okay. It's all good - it can be difficult to convey stuff over text. They're just being funny too without malicious intent which is fine. That's why I was playing around the joke.

Minisaurus wrote:

Speaking of conveying messages poorly - sorry for calling you a moron, I was referring to your actions not you as a whole. You're a talented individual. (Operative word being individual, which is respectable.) I just don't want the game to literally be dead from getting nuked by Nintendo.

Minisaurus wrote:

This topic suggest/warns to the staff something that has been going around for years

So yeah we all know this, instead of going to Facebook / Nintendo with this issue it would've been preferred to talk to the third party that you originally mentioned. This was a better idea because it wouldn't put the game in harm's way.

N1KF wrote:

he'd have caused the chain of events causing people who aren't Minisaurus to sue Everybody Edits for people who aren't Minisaurus keeping the graphics in the game.

N1KF wrote:

If something happens, it's definitely [Minsaurus's] fault because he caused the sequence of events to happen.

I'm struggling to understand how this is different than what you said? Please enlighten me.

N1KF wrote:

My point was that still hasn't been fixed.

My point is that because it was already being addressed, there was no reason for him to contact Nintendo or Facebook while it's being addressed. I also don't want to continually repeat myself but here we go!

N1KF wrote:

I think the staff should focus first on preserving EE in all its glory

Have you not heard about EE Offline or the world downloading feature? The game is going to be shut down. I'm not sure what else you're expecting further than what's already done - please elaborate on this as well. If you know of something that's missing then that needs a discussion.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#195 2020-12-03 22:50:16, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-03 23:41:46)

Minisaurus
Banned

Originally I wanted to see if the staff was up to fight to defend that EE is in it´s right to use that "stolen" graphics, but now I see that the best option is to descist and completely remove them from this franchise.
Nobody here want EE to get nuked, but the EE staff will definitely get nuked eventually for using stolen graphics.
They expect that continuing using stolen graphics won´t be a problem for EEO.

If I made a topic requesting to remove stolen graphics what do you think that was going to be the result? The answer is nothing, the staff would continue using stolen graphics for EEO.
If I didn´t sent the mail to Nintendo, do you really think that there was going to happen anything? The answer is nothing, the staff would continue using stolen graphics for EEO.

The staff is failing to admit that Nintendo was going to pursue EE franchise eventually, they are failing to accept that using stolen graphics for EEO will cause a total disaster.

Now the staff is more likely to remove stolen graphics, and it is a good hint.
Now it is up to them to decide to remove (Replace) the stolen graphics in time or too later.
If EEO is released with it´s first version containing the stolen graphics, the curse will hardly vanish.

#196 2020-12-03 23:00:07

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Well it seems we've reached a standstill. I've made my opinion clear that Minisaurus is the misunderstood visionary, and you've made it clear you consider it mainly his fault for what happened. I don't want to debate Minisaurus's exact levels of wrongness with you so I'll stop here.

I'll admit most of my efforts to debate with your posts were made out of frustration of users like you, 32OrtonEdge, or Norwegianboy treating him poorly, but now that youve apologized and started replying to him more respectfully I can move on from your posts. I just want Minisaurus's perspective on EE to be taken more seriously.

John wrote:

Have you not heard about EE Offline or the world downloading feature? The game is going to be shut down. I'm not sure what else you're expecting further than what's already done - please elaborate on this as well. If you know of something that's missing then that needs a discussion.

(will respond to this soon)

Wooted by:

#197 2020-12-04 00:27:43

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

N1KF wrote:

I'll admit most of my efforts to debate with your posts were made out of frustration of users like you, 32OrtonEdge, or Norwegianboy treating him poorly

I never treated him poorly, most people didn't in fact.

We just pointed out the areas where he acted without an iota of forethought; changed his argument repeatedly, randomly, completely, and based on no new information; insulted people's intelligence multiple times; falsely claimed multiple times that the assets the staff (and everyone else in the community) has understood for a decade to be derivative or copied from other companies' IP was original work; falsely purported to understand "how a lawyer works"; threatened the existence of the game he seems to like so much; made many false and faulty assertions based on nothing; contradicted some of those same assertions; and didn't read direct replies.

If that's poor treatment then he shouldn't be using a discussion-based forum.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by:

#198 2020-12-04 00:38:28, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-04 00:39:37)

Minisaurus
Banned

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I'll admit most of my efforts to debate with your posts were made out of frustration of users like you, 32OrtonEdge, or Norwegianboy treating him poorly

I never treated him poorly, most people didn't in fact.

We just pointed out the areas where he acted without an iota of forethought; changed his argument repeatedly, randomly, completely, and based on no new information; insulted people's intelligence multiple times; falsely claimed multiple times that the assets the staff (and everyone else in the community) has understood for a decade to be derivative or copied from other companies' IP was original work; falsely purported to understand "how a lawyer works"; threatened the existence of the game he seems to like so much; made many false and faulty assertions based on nothing; contradicted some of those same assertions; and didn't read direct replies.

If that's poor treatment then he shouldn't be using a discussion-based forum.

Multiple times? Where exactly?

If you feel like your intelligence has been offenced that is not because of me, it is your own personal problem, don´t blame me if you think you are not intelligent.

#199 2020-12-04 00:39:57, last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (2020-12-04 00:58:26)

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

Multiple times? Where exactly?

Which instance are you referring to?  I said "multiple times" multiple times.

Edit:

Minisaurus wrote:

If you feel like your intelligence has been offenced that is not because of me, it is your own personal problem, don´t blame me if you think you are not intelligent.

Don't worry bud, no one thinks less of themselves because of your posts.  No one is questioning their intelligence because of you of all people.  But when you say things like:

Minisaurus wrote:

This shows how little the staff know of how a lawyer works and it is pretty disappointing.

I mean, I wonder if they know anything about laws at all lol, let me explain it to you

Minisaurus wrote:

the staff is ignorant

Minisaurus wrote:

the staff is completely unaware of what is and what is not "stolen assets"

Minisaurus wrote:

all the community and staff assumptions are not more than assumptions.

Minisaurus wrote:

Go on and continue having the fear in your heart, but I am quite sure

Minisaurus wrote:

Whover who thinks that this will would never happen is fooling themselves.

Minisaurus wrote:

I don´t expect you to understand my reasoning of what is done

Minisaurus wrote:

I can clarify those aspects if the staff is so incapable to do it themselves.

Minisaurus wrote:

The problem with many people is that they skip words

^ That one is especially hilarious

Minisaurus wrote:

Surely you like going in a loop. Move on.

Minisaurus wrote:

The staff is so incapacitated and undisciplined to run the game that it would not be surprise they mess up the only job they had, to keep the game alive.

Minisaurus wrote:

Go try blame me, that would be stupid, unnecesary and a potential defamation.

Is the staff truly going to attempt to defamate me for their own responsibilities?

Minisaurus wrote:

You're clearly trying (failing, but trying nonetheless) to insult users' intelligence, proclaim your own, and just generally be a ****.  Even through the broken English, misuse and invention of words and phrases, and generally unclear and meandering posts, what shines through here is you belittling people who are trying to tell you things everyone else already knows, claiming you're sure of things and everyone else is just making baseless assumptions, trying to trick people by changing your stated motivations for your half-cocked actions, pretending as though other users are the ones not reading replies when you're the only one who isn't, accusing people of "going in a loop" because they're again trying to teach you very basic and widely understood things, calling it stupid to blame you for something that you did unprovoked, etc.  You've just acted generally terrible across this entire topic and even now I'm still not sure if you actually don't understand that or if you just think it's funny (which it is, don't get me wrong).

Minisaurus wrote:

I won´t follow your game

Not sure what game you're talking about but okay.  It's not my fault you make quick and useless posts and then hastily edit them into something resembling a salient reply.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#200 2020-12-04 00:40:42, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-04 01:43:09)

Minisaurus
Banned

I won´t follow your game, look for someone else for that.
Edit: I see that you have updated your previously unintelligible post (As it lacked any content).
I responded to your edition.

Cola11607374010786785

Board footer