Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2020-12-01 05:53:13, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 06:05:21)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: Dear Staff, get a lawyer

Different55 wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

Law advice is confidential if you did´t knew yet.

literally isn't but that wouldn't be the first time you went off with things you had 0 actual practical understanding of.

It actually depends. It is in some cases and it is not in other cases. Get informed before deprecate.

#102 2020-12-01 06:16:09, last edited by Different55 (2020-12-01 06:16:45)

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

Remember that time I posted saying I wouldn't mind if EE died? Well I changed my mind because now I want to see you people wrong about EE. EE can't die off to some random Nintendo lawyer.

It won't. Nobody thinks it will. Except Minisaurus exactly 50% of the time.

N1KF wrote:

Remember that time I posted saying I wouldn't mind if EE died? Well I changed my mind because now I want to see you people wrong about EE. EE can't die off to some random Nintendo lawyer.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

are you expecting one of the biggest companies in the world to not notice that a raising game (EEU) has EEO with it´s possibly stolen graphics?

yes, actually

Just wait until EE gets onto one of Nintendo's digital stores. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

John wrote:

Can you record it for us? I'd love to see what their reaction is after you say "Can we legally use assets that we stole?".

As far as I'm aware, EE doesn't use any Nintendo assets. It uses edited versions of their assets.

derivative works.

Wikipedia wrote:

For copyright protection to attach to a later, allegedly derivative work, it must display some originality of its own. It cannot be a rote, uncreative variation on the earlier, underlying work. The latter work must contain sufficient new expression, over and above that embodied in the earlier work for the latter work to satisfy copyright law's requirement of originality.

I doubt adjusting contrast and color only as much as it takes to mesh with the rest of a game's graphics counts as originality. There's no creative expression there.

Minisaurus wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

Law advice is confidential if you did´t knew yet.

literally isn't but that wouldn't be the first time you went off with things you had 0 actual practical understanding of.

It actually depends. It is in some cases and it is not in other cases. Get informed before deprecate.

Not in any case you might be bringing up related to EE? Totally irrelevant.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#103 2020-12-01 06:22:18

Raphe9000

#104 2020-12-01 06:29:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

It won't. Nobody thinks it will. Except Minisaurus exactly 50% of the time.

Wait you people don't think that??? I thought this discussion was happening because people thought Minisaurus threatened EE's life. Now I can't prove everybody wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Different55 wrote:

derivative works.

Wikipedia wrote:

For copyright protection to attach to a later, allegedly derivative work, it must display some originality of its own. It cannot be a rote, uncreative variation on the earlier, underlying work. The latter work must contain sufficient new expression, over and above that embodied in the earlier work for the latter work to satisfy copyright law's requirement of originality.

I doubt adjusting contrast and color only as much as it takes to mesh with the rest of a game's graphics counts as originality. There's no creative expression there.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just tired of people repeatedly saying EE "stole" or reused Nintendo graphics when they're different from the original. And how can you even steal an infinitely copyable graphic that makes no sense but that's getting into pedantic N1KF territory so I should probably stop talking

#105 2020-12-01 08:33:51

peace

i dont think the smielyyes are stolen because heck many sites uses smileys even discord uses smileys and did the ysteal them form facebook? no

the beveled blcoks are a mere reference to beveled blocks in egneral it is coincidence both nitendo and EE use this form

the brricks  can speak of the same way

the smiley block is th eonly block i coudl think of hwhich is a bti stolen but then again ist it an big issue?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#106 2020-12-01 09:26:59

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

3 pages in a single night
wow wtf guys

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#107 2020-12-01 09:27:01, last edited by Gosha (2020-12-01 09:31:57)

Gosha

lmao what is going on here
mini, we were friends in ee, since when did you become this jerk?
From your actions it seems like you are a no-lifer desperately trying to get some action in your life by sending letters to facebook and nintendo and contacting local university over such minor things that they don't matter in slightest in the real world
who tf cares about everybody edits except for <20 veterans who still chat here

#108 2020-12-01 10:21:25

Gosha

guess who is mini

Hidden text

Wooted by:

rat

#109 2020-12-01 10:58:13

Minimania
Moderation Team

I just want to mention that I've been working on replacing the copied EE graphics for months but Mini both ignored that statement and doesn't care about it at all. His only endgame is to poke a sleeping bear with a stick.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#110 2020-12-01 11:43:08, last edited by Luka504 (2020-12-01 13:11:03)

Luka504

Minisaurus has got to have some of the most crackpot logic I've seen in this community so far, and that is saying a lot.

Because his reasoning for doing what he did changes every time he opens his damn mouth, his actual motivation becomes clear as day: destroy what's left of the game. There was no other reason to do what he did, despite his claims otherwise.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#111 2020-12-01 12:18:12

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

WHY IS THIS 5 PAGES LONG
ARE YOU GUYS OK
EE IS LITERALLY GONNA BE DEAD IN LESS THAN A MONTH
I LEGITIMATELY DONT THINK THERES GONNA BE ANY PROBLEMS

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#112 2020-12-01 12:22:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i wonder if minimania ever felt bad for his name bearing similarity to minisaurus

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#113 2020-12-01 15:26:16

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

this whole topic is a joke.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#114 2020-12-01 16:41:58, last edited by Tomahawk (2020-12-01 17:05:48)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Sorry, I'm late to this thread.

Be nice to each other. You can criticise ideas/actions without hating on the person.

EDIT: Ok I read the thread. I understand people aren't thrilled but let's be civil.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#115 2020-12-01 18:44:41, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 19:13:34)

Minisaurus
Banned

TundrumMax wrote:

WHY IS THIS 5 PAGES LONG
ARE YOU GUYS OK
EE IS LITERALLY GONNA BE DEAD IN LESS THAN A MONTH
I LEGITIMATELY DONT THINK THERES GONNA BE ANY PROBLEMS

And there won´t be any more than what is correct.
The community is acting like if I doomed EEO.
People is so much afraid of Nintendo, such a funny thing, because I don´t think any legal action will be taken against EE because of what I did, but it could have implications because of what the previous staff owners did (Copying graphics).

I still suggest the staff to contact Nintendo in the next month so they can provide to this community (that is pretty freaking out) about what Nintendo will do.
As the best thing that could happen is that Nintendo will ask EE staff before EEO is released to not add the specified blocks to the version of it, that would be neat, as that would avoid any future legal confrontation. Replacing those graphics would be a solution after the previous graphics are removed.

Don´t the staff care of the preoccupations of this community? Clarify what will happen to the game, don´t let the question floating around forever.
Approach to Nintendo to redress the wrongs of the past.

#116 2020-12-01 19:25:22, last edited by Minimania (2020-12-01 19:28:44)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Minisaurus wrote:

People is so much afraid of Nintendo, such a funny thing, because I don´t think any legal action will be taken against EE because of what I did, but it could have implications because of what the previous staff owners did (Copying graphics).

What're you on about? Only a lawyer can determine whether our graphics are stolen or not, clearly /s

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#117 2020-12-01 19:25:56

Different55
Forum Admin

That works with the kid you accidentally kicked in kindergarten at recess. That is not how you deal with Nintendo.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#118 2020-12-01 19:41:42

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Y'all are some dreamers if you really think Nintendo gives two **** about EE.

Discord: jawp#5123

#119 2020-12-01 19:52:37

icepegasus

Minisaurus wrote:

Don´t the staff care of the preoccupations of this community? Clarify what will happen to the game, don´t let the question floating around forever.
Approach to Nintendo to redress the wrongs of the past.

I adore the way you try to blame the staff for your actions.
Seriously now, EEO would never have been a problem if you waited for EE to shutdown. EEO is not licensed, not copyrighted, hell it might even be open source, but most importantly it's not profitable.
But because EE is still a thing, then all the three (EE, EEO and EEU) are endangered.

mrjawapa wrote:

But yes. I agree with jawapa that most likely they don't give 2 **** about a 5 player game

user.php?id=icepegasus

Wooted by:

#120 2020-12-01 20:34:04, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 20:35:50)

Minisaurus
Banned

I guess this has been a good warning of what Nintendo can do.
EEO is attached to EE frachince, if it falls this whole franchise falls with it.

Doing nothing is the worst thing the staff can do.
Nintendo won´t do anything until it detect uprising EEU as a threat competition.

Currently EE does not worth Nintendo´s time, but it will eventually.
If EEO is released with the compromised graphics there is no turn back.

What about simply shutting down EE, delete the compromised graphics from EEO (and replace those with new different ones) and never use "Nintendo" graphics for EEU?

Better to purify EE franchise now that it is in time to do so.

#121 2020-12-01 20:45:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

What about simply shutting down EE, delete the compromised graphics from EEO (and replace those with new different ones) and never use "Nintendo" graphics for EEU?

Better to purify EE franchise now that it is in time to do so.

Wait why not just replace the graphics in EE instead of shutting it down?

#122 2020-12-01 20:50:59

Raphe9000

icepegasus wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

But yes. I agree with jawapa that most likely they don't give 2 **** about a 5 player game

kek Nintendo defends their properties because if they don't they'll lose them. If EE is allowed to persist then who says whatever else won't. EE is a for-profit game; most/all of the Pokemon fangames and other unofficial uses of nintendo's IP that they shut down were not. EE's community might not be large, but it intends to grow and is profiting off of its use of these objects. Sadly Nintendo might not be able to do anything due to slight alterations and all, but here's to hoping Minisaurus kills EE once and for all. It would be the most epic of timelines.

#123 2020-12-01 20:58:14, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 20:59:49)

Minisaurus
Banned

N1KF wrote:

Wait why not just replace the graphics in EE instead of shutting it down?

Can be done, either, delete, replacing the graphics or simply shut down EE, and never again use Nintendo graphics either for EEO or EEU. (Or any stolen graphics)
Facebook as you guys clarify (I completely forgot) are alright as EE was part of facebook games.

#124 2020-12-01 21:08:09

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

Doing nothing is the worst thing the staff can do.
Nintendo won´t do anything until it detect uprising EEU as a threat competition.

Currently EE does not worth Nintendo´s time, but it will eventually.
If EEO is released with the compromised graphics there is no turn back.

I'm still convinced you're trolling, maybe only for my own sanity, but this is getting more and more ridiculous.  The staff isn't doing nothing.  EE!Online will die in less than a month and it will never be a problem again.  EEO will never be noticed by Nintendo, or at least it won't be if they don't read your dumb email.  It also doesn't make any money.  EEU will never be a threat or competition to Nintendo, and it also isn't using any stolen/derivative assets as far as I know.  Even if EEU came to Nintendo's attention somehow, they wouldn't look into anything because EEU has nothing to do with their IP.  EEO is going to be played by like 40 people tops and out of all of them, only you would go the extra mile and snitch to Nintendo.  This wasn't a problem or point of concern until you made it one.  Please please please if you're actually serious here, tell me what of that you don't understand.  I'll do my best to simplify it for you.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#125 2020-12-01 21:15:48, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 21:33:41)

Minisaurus
Banned

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

EEO will never be noticed by Nintendo

That hope can fade very easily.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

EEU will never be a threat or competition to Nintendo

Hardly any indie company can, but Nintendo is known to love to shut down small companies.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

EEU has nothing to do with their IP

And EEO does, and because that, EEU would fall with EEO as those belong to the same company.

I did a mistake asking nintendo about EEU to use EE stolen graphics, that is a big mistake, sorry is not enough, I extended the hand too far away. EEU should simply continue avoiding using copied graphics.

Wooted by:
Cola11607374010786785

Board footer