Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 2020-02-01 11:27:00

peace

Re: ByteArray's weekly development vlogs!

do you have beta on everybody edits? if so yo ucan opt in for closed beta of ee universe if not then you have to wait unitl the game goes to open beta

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#302 2020-02-01 11:28:52

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

peace wrote:

do you have beta on everybody edits? if so yo ucan opt in for closed beta of ee universe if not then you have to wait unitl the game goes to open beta

I paid for game nad have beta and was devine member, how do I play? And is the game still not releassed yet??? I thaught it was suppose to release "Early 2019" smh...

#303 2020-02-01 11:30:58

peace

kaleb no the closed beta was supost to be released early 2019 and it did get released in "early" 2019 is your email fake or not? you should get an invite (a code) in your email if not ask xenonetix

peace.png

#304 2020-02-01 11:33:43

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

peace wrote:

kaleb no the closed beta was supost to be released early 2019 and it did get released in "early" 2019 is your email fake or not? you should get an invite (a code) in your email if not ask xenonetix

I am a transferred account from kong to EE website, do you know If it goes to transferred email or original kong email??

#305 2020-02-01 11:40:10

peace

i think the tranfered (your curent email used to log in to EE)

peace.png

#306 2020-02-03 06:28:20

ByteArray

This week's video primarily focuses on the progress I've been making on my own game, but also does discuss what's currently going on with EEU. Most importantly, that we're working on getting a smaller update out very shortly with some new blocks, smaller features, bugfixes and physics refinements. We'll then be working towards getting another larger update out by the weekend if at all possible. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

— Game Dev Log #134 —
"I believe I've generally wrapped up the gameplay for my puzzle game CyberHack, which now has a total of 25 unique levels. We're also working on getting a new update out for EE Universe!"

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

Wooted by:

#307 2020-02-03 08:31:39

peace

O.O largeupdate by the weekend?! whoop tell me when th eupdate is ready so i can check then

peace.png

Wooted by:

#308 2020-02-10 03:14:13

ByteArray

We did end up getting a decent update out mid week that included some new blocks (the tiles & tile BG's), some new commands (/spectate & /tp), some new minor features (basic minimap zooming, will be improved over time), and of course some fixes & refinements for the physics. No bigger update over the weekend, but we do have stuff in the works. First thing this week though, I'll need to get a bugfix update out to resolve the issues some players have been experiencing recently.

— Game Dev Log #135 —
"We've added some new blocks & backgrounds in EEU, along with spectating and teleportation commands. I've also been making good progress on CyberHack, and it's looking pretty good! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile"

#309 2020-02-10 08:29:52

peace

daman gotta check EEU out when i have time

peace.png

Wooted by:

#310 2020-02-20 01:55:03

ByteArray

Well, last week was definitely a weird one, and involved work on a variety of interesting things. In the midst of it all, I did get some updates out for EE Universe, including the addition of Vision Zones! They essentially now allow you to define a region where when players are in that zone, everything outside is black. It's much like filling a large area around your structure with solid black blocks, but now you can fit everything much closer together. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Some improvements to their functionality, performance, and the way they interact with the other gameplay elements will be improved over the next few updates. There are also some bugs that have been found regarding their rendering, and I'll of course be getting those fixed up shortly as well.

— Game Dev Log #136 —
"I've been working on getting some new features & bugfixes into EE Universe, and this includes the addition of vision zones. They make many things a lot easier, and make some new things possible!"

Wooted by: (2)

#311 2020-02-20 02:23:20, last edited by TaskManager (2020-02-20 02:23:47)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

let them overlap and the player within two overlapping vision zones would be able to see both of them simultaneously

ngl im glad y'all finally rolled this one out

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#312 2020-02-20 08:31:51

peace

ByteArray wrote:

Well, last week was definitely a weird one, and involved work on a variety of interesting things. In the midst of it all, I did get some updates out for EE Universe, including the addition of Vision Zones! They essentially now allow you to define a region where when players are in that zone, everything outside is black. It's much like filling a large area around your structure with solid black blocks, but now you can fit everything much closer together. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Some improvements to their functionality, performance, and the way they interact with the other gameplay elements will be improved over the next few updates. There are also some bugs that have been found regarding their rendering, and I'll of course be getting those fixed up shortly as well.

— Game Dev Log #136 —
"I've been working on getting some new features & bugfixes into EE Universe, and this includes the addition of vision zones. They make many things a lot easier, and make some new things possible!"

byte this is awesome yesterday in th evenign when i wanted to go to EE i aicdentaly wnet to EEU so i was like mgiht aswell check if new blocks/smileys saw visions and was like let ssee and they work great (ofc needs some tweaks liek overlapping ect) and i havent tested if you coudl make weird shaped area's what isnt a square or rectangle (what about a cirkle shape or an L/J hallway?)

peace.png

Wooted by:

#313 2020-02-22 00:21:50

Bry10022

I wonder if 1/4 corner, 1/2 checkered, and 3/4 stair blocks are planned?

Bry10022Siggy.gif
Thanks to Raphe9000 for telling me about Universal Sig rotator.
Hello! I am Bry10022. I play Everybody Edits, GrowTopia, and Minecraft…

#314 2020-02-22 11:38:13

peace

unknown.png this is extarcted form my topic 1/4 blcoks and 3/4 blocks i made there are a great example of a cool block in EEU nto spolke about checkered 1/2 blocks (have in 2 corners an 1/4 block nto conected) the invi sboost wouldnt be bad too though and the snow block was random

peace.png

#315 2020-03-02 17:19:24

PiotrGrochowski

LukeM wrote:

SVGs are generally pretty good at removing blur, browsers have pretty sophisticated rendering engines that end up keeping things looking fairly crisp. When I switch from SVG scaling to bitmap scaling on my 1050p monitor, SVG scaling looks significantly better, to the point that I personally prefer that look to the slightly crisper look of an explicitely hinted graphic.

That only gives me even more reason not to play EEU. How am I supposed to trust a rendering method that I don't even know how it works?

Take for example fontgammatest.netlify.com, a test of font rendering gamma in TrueType. Note that it has a contrived pattern that should blend to a half gray (about 188/255 in sRGB). Classic GDI passes, because it actually does anti-aliasing in a reasonable way (it approximates a box filter, but uses correct gamma rather than distorting it over), but is also welcome to any hinting. That's why I find classic GDI to be the best rendering engine for the general purpose in font rendering. ClearType GDI fails by default, but can be reconfigured, to then pass the test. But I hear people telling how much better DirectWrite is, but really, it makes applications choose their own rendering and in most cases it's distortion. Distortion under no control by the font designer is evil! I really find it concerning how you boast about supposedly "better" results with SVG rendering, without elaborating at all. I have no faith in what is automated distortion, it's like, the opposite of font hinting in its way because there's no way, neither by the graphics designer nor by the user, to get rid of it or change it. If you don't think there is distortion in SVG rendering, you have to prove it by reproducing a passing result where the renderer is supposed to make a half (about 188/255) gray on a pattern that should blend to a half gray.

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#316 2020-03-02 17:36:13

Andymakeer

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
LukeM wrote:

SVGs are generally pretty good at removing blur, browsers have pretty sophisticated rendering engines that end up keeping things looking fairly crisp. When I switch from SVG scaling to bitmap scaling on my 1050p monitor, SVG scaling looks significantly better, to the point that I personally prefer that look to the slightly crisper look of an explicitely hinted graphic.

That only gives me even more reason not to play EEU. How am I supposed to trust a rendering method that I don't even know how it works?

Take for example fontgammatest.netlify.com, a test of font rendering gamma in TrueType. Note that it has a contrived pattern that should blend to a half gray (about 188/255 in sRGB). Classic GDI passes, because it actually does anti-aliasing in a reasonable way (it approximates a box filter, but uses correct gamma rather than distorting it over), but is also welcome to any hinting. That's why I find classic GDI to be the best rendering engine for the general purpose in font rendering. ClearType GDI fails by default, but can be reconfigured, to then pass the test. But I hear people telling how much better DirectWrite is, but really, it makes applications choose their own rendering and in most cases it's distortion. Distortion under no control by the font designer is evil! I really find it concerning how you boast about supposedly "better" results with SVG rendering, without elaborating at all. I have no faith in what is automated distortion, it's like, the opposite of font hinting in its way because there's no way, neither by the graphics designer nor by the user, to get rid of it or change it. If you don't think there is distortion in SVG rendering, you have to prove it by reproducing a passing result where the renderer is supposed to make a half (about 188/255) gray on a pattern that should blend to a half gray.

is this relevant?

F

#317 2020-03-02 19:10:14

den3107

PiotrGrochowski wrote:

So then most of the playerbase should never play any game because they don't understand how rendering works? And if a person only knows how ray-tracing works it is in no way possible for them to enjoy another game that doesn't have it?
Or is it a case where they should read into how the rendering of every game works? In which case why don't you learn how a modern browser renders SVG?

Wooted by:

#318 2020-03-02 20:08:47

PiotrGrochowski

den3107 wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:

So then most of the playerbase should never play any game because they don't understand how rendering works? And if a person only knows how ray-tracing works it is in no way possible for them to enjoy another game that doesn't have it?
Or is it a case where they should read into how the rendering of every game works? In which case why don't you learn how a modern browser renders SVG?

I don't mean the internals of rendering. The anti-aliasing quality is very critical in scalable environments. The distortions in the DirectWrite flavor Chromium uses is exactly the deal-breaker for me not to use the browser because I can't unsee the distortions. There's also a majority out there who's never heard of or noticed the distortions, and a troll community that swears the distorted rendering is the only correct rendering. Therefore, when LukeM said the SVG as used in main graphics have better quality than literally any image scaling method, I immediately find it suspicious, that it most likely differs because of distortions. And distortions in anti-aliasing is something I really particularly hate.

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#319 2020-03-03 04:53:10

ByteArray

It's been a strange couple of weeks, being busy with things & exploring different ideas. But I did work on getting an update out for EEU, which introduces a couple of new smileys (joyful & cheeky), along with some improved functionality, tweaks, and bugfixes. For everyone who's not in the closed beta, here's what the new smileys look like:

Kh0xrEj.png

Vlog #137 - The climb for a better future...
"Things have been busy lately, but I've also been taking some time to consider what direction I'm wanting to go in life. In the mean time, I've also been working on some interesting little projects!"

#320 2020-03-03 08:32:13

peace

tbh the joyfull inst that very good the ;p  isnt bad but woudl need some accesoires to make him look good

peace.png

#321 2020-03-05 06:14:16, last edited by iDC (2020-03-05 06:15:30)

iDC

Hey, I've been playing and creating levels in EE for about 8 years now under the username DClevels, and created NSFW crew alongside KingoftheOzone. I've been really excited about EEU as it seemed to be a new avenue to create levels that wouldn't just vanish into the void at any point (considering how dead EE is as this point, I don't see the servers lasting much longer). I was just wondering if EEU truly has potential and if its ever going to become a completed project. Also, even if it is completed at some point and opened up to the public, do you truly have any hope that anybody will play it? As is stands right now I'm very hesitant to put any effort into this game due to the seemingly small staff involved and the general lack of interest that seems to be displayed by the actual dedicated players of Everybody Edits. If anybody has any insight into this project I just want to know if its something I should care about or not, because I'd love to start creating levels agin.

DVNTehT.png

Wooted by:

#322 2020-03-05 08:32:19

peace

it does get some new features that were not poss in EE such as slopes it already has some vision zones (like visoin blockers) and much more

peace.png

#323 2020-03-05 09:33:02, last edited by Luka504 (2020-03-05 09:38:27)

Luka504

iDC wrote:

If anybody has any insight into this project I just want to know if its something I should care about or not, because I'd love to start creating levels agin.

EEU currently lacks a lot of features, and while vision zones are really cool, the game is most definitely not worth your time. There's not much to build and not much to play, either. The lobby is a constant ghost-town and meaningful updates take forever. The way things are going I'm expecting 2021 to be the year when EEU will have enough content to warrant playing.

The game most certainly has the potential to be something amazing, provided we actually get there, of course. The staff plan to advertise EEU in order to attract new players, which sounds like a good idea, so we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. Who knows, the people who quit the game might come back once there's **** to do. Personally, though, as much as I'd like to see it, I'm skeptical we'll ever reach a public launch.

If you're interested in the specifics, these are all the things Xenonetix has promised thus far:

Hidden text

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#324 2020-03-05 14:48:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

The game definitely has potential and the staff obviously believe in that potential otherwise they wouldn't be working on the game. But progress is just too slow. The community has become pretty disinterested I think, aside from a 2 day "that's cool" period whenever something new is added. I think the problem is that no one in the established community wants to play until there's a higher standard player count but there's no point sourcing new players from advertisement until there's a decent amount of content in the game. And that means that players aren't testing new content as thoroughly as the staff would have liked and hence they have to do it themselves which contributes to the slow progress. Of course, that's not the only reason for the slow progress. The developers obviously have their own lives and can't invest as much time into developing the game as we'd like them to.

Personally, I think a great way to increase productivity is to simply get more people working on the game. Of course, that's easier said than done as what motivation is there for people to work on the game besides a pitiful "you might get some money out of it eventually!"?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

iDC

#325 2020-03-05 14:57:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:

Personally, I think a great way to increase productivity is to simply get more people working on the game. Of course, that's easier said than done as what motivation is there for people to work on the game besides a pitiful "you might get some money out of it eventually!"?

Makes me wonder what was the motivation that produced numerous EE clones

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

peace1591597617782319

Board footer