Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-08 21:09:23, last edited by Loganyoshi (2019-04-14 22:50:35)

Loganyoshi

What's the Purpose of Life to You?

Everyone interprets life differently, and I'm curious as to how you may portray life!

Below, I've listed the different categories to life, and I want you to choose one of the categories, and to evaluate why this is the most important to you in life.

No, I'm not asking for what's the purpose of life. I'm asking for what's the purpose of YOUR life.

Knowledge
Love
Creativity
Money
Fame
Happiness
Health
Growth
Family/Friends
Destruction
Nothing

As to how you interpret these categories is up to you, and if you especially feel as if I missed a category, then feel free to mention it.

Wooted by:

#2 2019-04-08 21:12:28

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: What's the Purpose of Life to You?

half of them dont make sense
to me, the purpose of life is happiness, because we have to live our life in a way that we will enjoy it and gain whatever makes us happy, make the most of it

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2019-04-08 21:29:06, last edited by Wizard2002 (2019-04-08 21:30:51)

Wizard2002

Creativity Creativity

I forgot that green is not a creative color - DHMIS

I believe creativity to be my main reason in my life (as well as happiness) because I love being able to create things that inspire others. Having that constant flow of ideas going through my head always gets me excited (though granted most of them go to waste //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink), and I can't wait to bring some of those ideas to life one day. Besides without creativity we'd still be in the stone age... or possibly extinct?

P.S. Destruction sounds pretty cool too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#4 2019-04-08 21:40:54

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I feel like all i'm trying to do with my life is maximizing happiness and minimizing any potential pain, sorrow, discomfort etc... So i guess simply put the purpose of my life is to simply enjoy it as much as possible. Therefore i'd say happiness i guess.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#5 2019-04-08 22:20:24, last edited by Raphe9000 (2019-04-08 22:22:37)

Raphe9000

For me it's 4 things, one of them I feel you should add:

Knowledge
Creativity
Happiness
Family

These three things keep me going.

Knowledge - I spend my whole life learning stuff. I'm actually addicted to it.

Creativity - You'll experience more within your mind than ever outside of it.

Happiness - What's the point of living without some form of happiness? It is literally the positive emotion.

Family - As someone who has recently lost a few family members, I can't stress how important this category is.

Friends maybe also should be on there, but it isn't a meaning of my life...

Wooted by:

#6 2019-04-08 22:39:30

Loganyoshi

Raphe9000 wrote:

For me it's 4 things, one of them I feel you should add:

Knowledge
Creativity
Happiness
Family

These three things keep me going.

Knowledge - I spend my whole life learning stuff. I'm actually addicted to it.

Creativity - You'll experience more within your mind than ever outside of it.

Happiness - What's the point of living without some form of happiness? It is literally the positive emotion.

Family - As someone who has recently lost a few family members, I can't stress how important this category is.

Friends maybe also should be on there, but it isn't a meaning of my life...

These are some really great perspectives, but unfortunately I'll only add one of these, and that's up for you to decide.

As for the category of Family, do you think it'd be appropriate if I combined the two to make it the "Family/Friends" category, or keep them separate?

Wooted by:

#7 2019-04-08 23:42:11

Raphe9000

Family/Friends category makes sense since they are so related to many people.

Wooted by:

#8 2019-04-09 00:20:53

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Moved to Off-Topic.

Strange choice of categories, but I suppose Happiness. Any other ideal or reason wouldn’t be worth it if it didn’t make you happy in some way.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2019-04-09 01:03:42

Loganyoshi

Tomahawk wrote:

Moved to Off-Topic.

Strange choice of categories, but I suppose Happiness. Any other ideal or reason wouldn’t be worth it if it didn’t make you happy in some way.

Lol I just wanted to include any category I could think of in case of any weird reason, and plus, I'm expecting joke answers one way or another at some point.

#10 2019-04-09 01:09:45

Nikko99

live.
do stuff.
die.

#11 2019-04-09 01:12:56

Loganyoshi

Nikko99 wrote:

live.
do stuff.
die.

uuhhh

eeerrr

Yeah I think I'll put this in the love category.

#12 2019-04-09 01:28:25

Nikko99

Loganyoshi wrote:
Nikko99 wrote:

live.
do stuff.
die.

uuhhh

eeerrr

Yeah I think I'll put this in the love category.

lol wrong!
i sucked at that.

Wooted by:

#13 2019-04-09 06:11:05

Yu

growth-to build skills and strategy
creativity-to be creative and developing new ways in doing things
destruction-to use your growth and creativity to destroy stuff

#14 2019-04-09 11:44:04

Anatoly

Knowledge, Love, Happiness, Health, Growth, Family/Friends

but most of all:

Finding inner-peace and ascend.

#15 2019-04-09 11:45:35

Minimania
Moderation Team

Loganyoshi wrote:

I want you to choose one of the categories

but choosing only one of these categories to represent the meaning of life is foolish

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2019-04-09 11:45:47

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Creativity.

I like to make fun and creative things so people can enjoy

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#17 2019-04-09 19:45:51

Emma333

Happiness, why should we live if we're not happy? I think most of these categories are sub categories of happiness.

Love : Love just makes people happy, I don't know any time I felt happier than when I was in love.
Money : People want to earn money to be happy. I don't believe money actually makes people happy, but many people think so. However not having enough money can make people unhappy as it  brings a lot of stress into someones life.
Fame : People want to be liked, for some this makes them happy. I think many people want to be famous because it means they're liked, and that makes them happy.
Health : It's hard to be happy when you're in constant pain or when you're scared to die. being healthy allows for you and your friends to be more careless and happier.
Family/friends : being around family and friends makes people happy, because they feel like they belong.

The other reasons seem either evolutionary, and destruction is just silly.
knowledge, creativity and growth allow for humans to improve, probably making sure we don't die out as species.

If I had to choose on of these categories for me I'd choose love, because honestly I can't imagine anything better and more worthwhile. The people I love inspire me to be better and to enjoy things.

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2019-04-09 22:58:55

Loganyoshi

Yu wrote:

growth-to build skills and strategy
creativity-to be creative and developing new ways in doing things
destruction-to use your growth and creativity to destroy stuff

Anatoly wrote:

Knowledge, Love, Happiness, Health, Growth, Family/Friends

but most of all:

Finding inner-peace and ascend.

Ok, but you can only choose one category so I won't be implementing these unless you specify which one means the most to you.

Crybaby wrote:
Loganyoshi wrote:

I want you to choose one of the categories

but choosing only one of these categories to represent the meaning of life is foolish

Emma333 wrote:

Happiness, why should we live if we're not happy? I think most of these categories are sub categories of happiness.

Love : Love just makes people happy, I don't know any time I felt happier than when I was in love.
Money : People want to earn money to be happy. I don't believe money actually makes people happy, but many people think so. However not having enough money can make people unhappy as it  brings a lot of stress into someones life.
Fame : People want to be liked, for some this makes them happy. I think many people want to be famous because it means they're liked, and that makes them happy.
Health : It's hard to be happy when you're in constant pain or when you're scared to die. being healthy allows for you and your friends to be more careless and happier.
Family/friends : being around family and friends makes people happy, because they feel like they belong.

The other reasons seem either evolutionary, and destruction is just silly.
knowledge, creativity and growth allow for humans to improve, probably making sure we don't die out as species.

If I had to choose on of these categories for me I'd choose love, because honestly I can't imagine anything better and more worthwhile. The people I love inspire me to be better and to enjoy things.

You guys got me. I'm checkmated. Of course one thing isn't better than the other though, and that they're all essentials. And it's a pretty obvious fact that a lot of these fall into sub categories of happiness. I understand how this topic is a hot mess lol.

I honestly don't even know why I made this, considering I knew that a majority of people would select the most reasonable category: happiness.

I am enjoying these perspectives though, so I'll keep it going.

Oh yeah destruction. I don't know man maybe there's an edgy angst depressed teen that just wants to see the world burn.

#19 2019-04-09 23:53:10

HeyNK

Imagine unironically picking health when all people get unhealthy or otherwise die in the end lmao

#20 2019-04-10 12:08:19

Emma333

Loganyoshi wrote:

You guys got me. I'm checkmated. Of course one thing isn't better than the other though, and that they're all essentials. And it's a pretty obvious fact that a lot of these fall into sub categories of happiness. I understand how this topic is a hot mess lol.
I honestly don't even know why I made this, considering I knew that a majority of people would select the most reasonable category: happiness.

Sorry if it looked like I was criticising you,  that was not my intention. I think it's a nice topic with interesting replies. Just wanted to share how I view these categories. Obviously there's many ways to look at it, and there's no clear answer, which makes it interesting.

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by:

#21 2019-04-10 14:25:36

Anatoly

Emma333 wrote:
Loganyoshi wrote:

Sorry if it looked like I was criticising you,  that was not my intention. I think it's a nice topic with interesting replies. Just wanted to share how I view these categories. Obviously there's many ways to look at it, and there's no clear answer, which makes it interesting.

Hello my meaning of life!

#22 2019-04-10 18:27:59, last edited by 272 (2019-04-10 18:33:00)

A'right peeps, every now and then I have a little informant link me to an interesting topic on the forums, and so big daddy two-seven-two has come to discuss...uhh...whatever the hell this topic is.

"Purpose of life" this time, eh? Lemme just add a new "category" onto your extraordinarily limited number of ideas - Nothing. It depends on your question though, I suppose. For example, if your question is, "How does life exist," then the answer is through chemistry, evolution, and a little bit of luck. If you're asking, "why does life exist," then you will never actually find a true, factual answer. Therefor, the best answer I can give you, is that the answer is null.

To understand where I'm coming from, remind yourself of the fact that we are one planet of eight in our star system of at least 200 billion stars in our galaxy, of at least a hundred billion galaxies in just our observable universe.

To ask why life exists is to ask why anything exists at all. The fact of the matter is, anything that has a point of beginning, also must somewhere have a point of ending. If there was a reason for existing, it would also have to have a reason for ending. However, because it all eventually ends anyway, even if there was a true answer, there'd be no point in finding it, for eventually, we would die, and then the answer would be lost anyway.

Therefor, my answer to "What is the purpose of life?", is "What is the purpose of the question?".

I suppose if what you meant is actually just, "What is the meaning of life?", then the answer is 42.

Time to poof until another topic gets sent to me.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

Wooted by:

#23 2019-04-10 19:31:57

Loganyoshi

272 wrote:

A'right peeps, every now and then I have a little informant link me to an interesting topic on the forums, and so big daddy two-seven-two has come to discuss...uhh...whatever the hell this topic is.

"Purpose of life" this time, eh? Lemme just add a new "category" onto your extraordinarily limited number of ideas - Nothing. It depends on your question though, I suppose. For example, if your question is, "How does life exist," then the answer is through chemistry, evolution, and a little bit of luck. If you're asking, "why does life exist," then you will never actually find a true, factual answer. Therefor, the best answer I can give you, is that the answer is null.

To understand where I'm coming from, remind yourself of the fact that we are one planet of eight in our star system of at least 200 billion stars in our galaxy, of at least a hundred billion galaxies in just our observable universe.

To ask why life exists is to ask why anything exists at all. The fact of the matter is, anything that has a point of beginning, also must somewhere have a point of ending. If there was a reason for existing, it would also have to have a reason for ending. However, because it all eventually ends anyway, even if there was a true answer, there'd be no point in finding it, for eventually, we would die, and then the answer would be lost anyway.

Therefor, my answer to "What is the purpose of life?", is "What is the purpose of the question?".

I suppose if what you meant is actually just, "What is the meaning of life?", then the answer is 42.

Time to poof until another topic gets sent to me.

Who hurt you?

#24 2019-04-10 21:10:36

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Loganyoshi wrote:

Who hurt you?

Can people stop using this phrase? It's condescending, stupid, and all in all just a **** lazy insult.
I get that you like memes Loganyoshi, and you probably said that because you thought it'd be funny. But you're so much better than this!
Ignoring how incoherent and rambly 272's post is, he still wrote something creative. You gotta step up your game if you want to pwn him!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (4)

#25 2019-04-10 21:55:24

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Unicorns give love.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

bunglybongle1555304568746065

Board footer