Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#76 2019-01-17 14:49:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,340

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

they have too much noise

What does this mean? I see stuff about images having too much noise but I don't get what it means. I read a wikipedia page on it but I still don't really know.

mostly this, this and in general its all of this

Offline

#77 2019-01-17 18:07:14

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,396
Website

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

TaskManager wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

they have too much noise

What does this mean? I see stuff about images having too much noise but I don't get what it means. I read a wikipedia page on it but I still don't really know.

mostly this, this and in general its all of this

I know what the white noice kinda thing on TV's is but that isn't in images.


Blue is my favourite color
__________________________________________________________________________
I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#78 2019-01-17 19:18:07

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Takes Over
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,810

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

they have too much noise

What does this mean? I see stuff about images having too much noise but I don't get what it means. I read a wikipedia page on it but I still don't really know.

mostly this, this and in general its all of this

I know what the white noice kinda thing on TV's is but that isn't in images.

When you save a picture as a jpeg (for example), the file gets compressed and generates a bunch of random gray-ish pixels all over the image. Nowadays, there are special effects meant to copy this, and generate a bunch of random-ish pixels in certain areas. The gummy blocks KillertheGreat posted make good use of them, but TaskManager is saying that there might just be too much of it, is all.


unknown.png
unknown.pngBoxWooden_Crate_EE.png

Offline

#79 2019-01-17 21:21:19

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,396
Website

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

Crybaby wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

they have too much noise

What does this mean? I see stuff about images having too much noise but I don't get what it means. I read a wikipedia page on it but I still don't really know.

mostly this, this and in general its all of this

I know what the white noice kinda thing on TV's is but that isn't in images.

When you save a picture as a jpeg (for example), the file gets compressed and generates a bunch of random gray-ish pixels all over the image. Nowadays, there are special effects meant to copy this, and generate a bunch of random-ish pixels in certain areas. The gummy blocks KillertheGreat posted make good use of them, but TaskManager is saying that there might just be too much of it, is all.

Oh ok.


Blue is my favourite color
__________________________________________________________________________
I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#80 2019-01-18 02:33:21

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Takes Over
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,810

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

I was asked to post this. Hope you guys enjoy!
Jellyblocks1.5.png


unknown.png
unknown.pngBoxWooden_Crate_EE.png

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#81 2019-01-18 03:27:46

noob
Member
Joined: 2018-10-05
Posts: 7

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

it would be fantastic to have more control over the look of a block on the minimap. it can be hard to match up solid blocks with backgrounds to make them look the same on a minimap. an easy solution would be to allow toggling 'visible on minimap' for solid blocks, so they appear normal to the player but dont affect the minimap look

Offline

#82 2019-01-18 21:01:27

Security-Drone
Formerly Killerthegreat
From: Chile (Homeland: UK)
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 242

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

TaskManager wrote:

looks nice but i think the 2nd version gummies should be smoother, they have too much noise
i have a feeling like they were rendered with Cycles lol

Well, originally the noise was added to give that faint, dispersion effect you find when you look at a gummy straight on. And a side effect of giving a slight frosted look.
And close, the base for the gummy block (the green one is the template) was actually rendered in Internal. (in fact all my renders use the obsolete render engine) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue The noise, transparency and shine/glare were created in PDN.
Since some users wanted a de-noised version, I sent Crybaby this version and asked if they could be posted here. (since I was unavailable) I'm gonna add it to the front page soon.

noob wrote:

it would be fantastic to have more control over the look of a block on the minimap. it can be hard to match up solid blocks with backgrounds to make them look the same on a minimap. an easy solution would be to allow toggling 'visible on minimap' for solid blocks, so they appear normal to the player but dont affect the minimap look

An option like that wouldn't be so difficult to implement. But would it only be for people using the option? Or would it only be enabled on certain levels? Besides, you have to ask the staff, whether they'd implement it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue


96S17Wg.gif  SECURITY-DRONE mikelolsignature.png
If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554   Quality Forums Sigs by Mike9090, Order yours now!

Offline

#83 2019-01-19 00:15:29

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Takes Over
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,810

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

The way I'm thinking about it, I'm seeing the blocks as having a color on the minimap for sure, but that color is translucent, and the background behind it is the color that goes underneath, so if you have a red gummy block on a white background, it shows up as very slightly pink-reddish?


unknown.png
unknown.pngBoxWooden_Crate_EE.png

Offline

#84 2019-01-19 06:41:10

noob
Member
Joined: 2018-10-05
Posts: 7

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

yeah, that's fair, adding some opacity to solid block minimap coloring so that the background coloring becomes the dominant art on a minimap. either way, it would be fantastic to be able to build a beautiful minimap and not have the colors/look be distracting or annoying for the player.

Offline

#85 2019-02-11 20:24:57

Security-Drone
Formerly Killerthegreat
From: Chile (Homeland: UK)
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 242

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

I've been looking at the various Deco inside the game. And realised, how something so simple was missed out, almost completely.
Introducing the Flag Pack! + Basic Valentine's Heart Aura. (Animated + Gold are already released, check the main post or this post by Xenonetix.)

This Month's Graphics Update!

Last edited by Security-Drone (2019-02-16 03:53:56)


96S17Wg.gif  SECURITY-DRONE mikelolsignature.png
If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554   Quality Forums Sigs by Mike9090, Order yours now!

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#86 2019-02-11 21:11:14

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,847

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

flags ncie heart 1st pls


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#87 2019-02-11 21:16:38

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Takes Over
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,810

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

what about country flags? maybe make it so that you have one block designated for all transformations of flags for a specific continent i.e. All North American country flags as one block, etc  (including the carribean), and only making flags for countries that have been recognized by the UN (so as to avoid any political issue) and one flag for Antarctica?


unknown.png
unknown.pngBoxWooden_Crate_EE.png

Offline

#88 2019-02-11 21:36:51

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,847

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

maby only commong flags then


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#89 2019-02-11 22:05:23

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,396
Website

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

I like the flag designs, even if it's  just beta. Aura idea is nice but I won't use it.


Blue is my favourite color
__________________________________________________________________________
I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#90 2019-02-12 01:06:42

Loganyoshi
Member
From: I am everywhere and everything
Joined: 2015-05-25
Posts: 255

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

I'm still waiting for all of these auras to get added. They're all simply outstanding and would be great additions.

Last edited by Loganyoshi (2019-02-12 01:06:53)

Offline

#91 2019-02-13 19:05:39

Lunarys
Member
Joined: 2018-09-28
Posts: 16

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

These graphics are fantastic! Absolutely love the auras, especially that "stalker" one. Really cool. :0

Crybaby wrote:

what about country flags? maybe make it so that you have one block designated for all transformations of flags for a specific continent i.e. All North American country flags as one block, etc  (including the carribean), and only making flags for countries that have been recognized by the UN (so as to avoid any political issue) and one flag for Antarctica?

Aren't some flag designs copyrighted? That might present a bit of a problem. Overwatch removed many of their flags due to copyright issues.

Offline

#92 2019-02-14 02:08:04

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Takes Over
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,810

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

Lunarys wrote:

These graphics are fantastic! Absolutely love the auras, especially that "stalker" one. Really cool. :0

Crybaby wrote:

what about country flags? maybe make it so that you have one block designated for all transformations of flags for a specific continent i.e. All North American country flags as one block, etc  (including the carribean), and only making flags for countries that have been recognized by the UN (so as to avoid any political issue) and one flag for Antarctica?

Aren't some flag designs copyrighted? That might present a bit of a problem. Overwatch removed many of their flags due to copyright issues.

A Quora article led me to this

Nearly all flags are old enough that they can't enjoy copyright protection anyway. But for newer flags, usually the country itself has placed the work in the public domain. ... A trademark claim could be registered, but countries really don't register their logos under trademark.

I wouldn't know of any country flags that are copyrighted, but it does say that some countries have restrictions on how their flags can be used. However, it also says

...if you are using the flag as a symbol to refer to the country of the flag, that is a nominative use and almost universally allowed. This is typically how Wikipedia uses the flags, for instance.


unknown.png
unknown.pngBoxWooden_Crate_EE.png

Offline

#93 2019-02-14 03:44:10

Security-Drone
Formerly Killerthegreat
From: Chile (Homeland: UK)
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 242

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

I'd need to figure out some designs I could use for each flag, would someone help me go about making them please?
P.S. I'll make another topic in off-topic for the valentines hearts. Valentines is kinda offtopic anyway.
I'll be adding them to this post later.

Last edited by Security-Drone (2019-02-14 21:33:45)


96S17Wg.gif  SECURITY-DRONE mikelolsignature.png
If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554   Quality Forums Sigs by Mike9090, Order yours now!

Offline

#94 2019-02-14 08:02:30

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,847

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

flags that have 3 stipres such as the netherlands france germany belgium italy ect could have strippes fof 5 px wide/hight and th emiddle striple 6 px 5+6+5=16 if ur makign em 24 px then 3x8 works fine er nvm i forgot the poles


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#95 2019-03-14 22:41:58

Security-Drone
Formerly Killerthegreat
From: Chile (Homeland: UK)
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 242

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

I got nothing to add. I've included campaign badges into my area and I've gotten better at those, starting by recreating the template used and trying out 2 colour palettes.

Badges

Other thing I suggested were some new aura colours: Neon, Blueberry and Peach. Neon being a more saturated version of mint but with added green. Tested in-game with neat effects.

Flavours

If you're a member of the EE Discord Server chances are you would have already seen these.

Last edited by Security-Drone (2019-03-14 22:45:29)


96S17Wg.gif  SECURITY-DRONE mikelolsignature.png
If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554   Quality Forums Sigs by Mike9090, Order yours now!

Offline

Wooted by: (6)

#96 2019-03-15 01:00:08

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,340

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

neon aura looks epic
i love that color

Offline

#97 2019-03-15 01:31:10

PTU
Formerly Pipec
From: Mailboxٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ
Joined: 2017-04-15
Posts: 820

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

I love badge test_1

Could go with WATER campaign together.


M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Offline

#98 2019-03-15 07:45:09

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,847

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

badge test 2 looks neat for halloween 1 for winter maby

the aura colors are neat soft and adds <3 to spring peach looks like the colro of brown fur from fro exmaple squirel


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#99 2019-03-15 12:10:15

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 5,957

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

You want to rename your topic? Your not KTG anymore //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink


WASTED
unknown.png?width=400&height=125
unknown.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#100 2019-04-03 18:33:28

Security-Drone
Formerly Killerthegreat
From: Chile (Homeland: UK)
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 242

Re: S-D (KTG) Graphics Collection

Probably wondering why on Earth I bothered to make this, empty afternoon and somewhere to keep my tests. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue It shows each aura working without you needing to buy it to see how they will appear. + I tested some new methods for replacing RGB values, and made 2 Gold themed auras for the Bubble And Galaxy (called Golden Bubble and Golden Galaxy respectively)

Aura Catalogue

Aura Catalogue

96S17Wg.gif  SECURITY-DRONE mikelolsignature.png
If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554   Quality Forums Sigs by Mike9090, Order yours now!

Offline

Wooted by: (4)
Gosha1554824756745489

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1558428139.1414 - Generated in 0.101 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.69 MiB (Peak: 2.02 MiB) ]