Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-23 21:41:22, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-08-23 22:08:13)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

EE Universe - What To Expect?

Hi Everybody!

Thank you all for your patience up until this point! We hugely appreciate the support we've been receiving through Patreon, and now that we've hit $500/month, it's about time we explained more about what to expect from Everybody Edits Universe as a game, including the main similarities and differences from Everybody Edits.

The biggest difference will be the graphics of the game as a whole, most notably a substantial increase in quality and size, from 16x16 blocks to 24x24 blocks! We've produced some examples of this:

Graphics

We plan to overhaul the majority of the blocks in Everybody Edits to have direct equivalents in the reboot, but we'll also be drastically reducing the number of blocks available. This may sound like a bad thing, but in reality, these decisions are due to higher versatility in EE Universe! For example, the classic 'grass on brick' blocks (of which there are currently 3) will most likely be reduced to a single block, and merge together (morphing) with any surrounding blocks of the same type! Here's an example using current Everybody Edits graphics:

Graphics

Another big change is the potential for there to be more 'layers' than in the current game! Right now, the primary rendered layers are background and foreground layers in Everybody Edits, but in EE Universe, we have the potential for more! This means that it's entirely possible that we could have decorations on a separate layer to blocks, so you can combine decorations and blocks to make larger variety of in-game art! Here's another example using current graphics:

Graphics

As for smileys, the rumours are true - We are planning on including a Smiley Customizer in the reboot! This means you will be able to select specific items to equip to your smiley for more personalization! Here are some potential combinations of existing smiley items:

Graphics

We hope you're as excited for these updates as we are! We'll reveal more details over the next few months. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

What about Everybody Edits?

We've seen your feedback over the nature of Everybody Edits most likely shutting down next year, and we'd like to provide a potential solution that we hope will work for everyone.

Eventually, we still feel we have to shut down the online servers for Everybody Edits, but we are considering providing a single-player offline version of the game for you to play for as long as you like! This version of the game would mean you could download any levels you like from Everybody Edits, and play them as you wish at your own leisure. All the campaign levels would most likely be included automatically, and you can download your favourite levels, which you can play whenever you feel like it! It may also be possible to edit levels yourself from this version, and send levels to any friends who would still like to play this single-player edition.

We hope this provides some relief from any concerns over the nature of the Everybody Edits shutdown and EE Universe! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

See you in-game!

~ Everybody Edits Staff ~

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2018-08-23 21:42:25, last edited by Nebula (2018-08-23 21:46:27)

Nebula

Re: EE Universe - What To Expect?

Oh, that looks like a nice idea at all, can be

and merge bricks feature looks good

Wooted by:

#3 2018-08-23 21:43:20

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

aww yeah

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2018-08-23 21:44:20

Nebula

j2jvsEP.png
lmao we are all doomed

#5 2018-08-23 21:47:35

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Have you considered making the graphics vectors so you can resize them however you want?

gLjTZE1.png

#6 2018-08-23 21:52:55

LukeM
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

Have you considered making the graphics vectors so you can resize them however you want?

We are considering it, although I don't think any concept graphics have been made yet, and it could be hard to make sure it scales well, so not sure if it will end up happening or not.

#7 2018-08-23 21:53:39

Minimania
Moderation Team

windows inside of blcks?..... **** yeah dude!

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-08-23 22:04:07

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

LukeM wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

We are considering it, although I don't think any concept graphics have been made yet, and it could be hard to make sure it scales well, so not sure if it will end up happening or not.

bitmap_vs_vector.png

gLjTZE1.png

#9 2018-08-23 22:04:53

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

will you give special attention to bot developers and ensure a safe and easy to use the EE platform for creating bots, or will bot developers be put on the back burner, and not cared for?

#10 2018-08-23 22:10:41, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-08-23 22:18:34)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

ByteArray is keen to try out vector graphics, but we just can't promise them quite yet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#11 2018-08-23 22:13:01

LukeM
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

Vector graphics are by far the best for simple graphics (like the basic blocks or whatever), but once you start adding a lot of detail it starts to get a bit more tricky... Although I'm not a graphics designer so I'm probably not the best source for this XD

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

will you give special attention to bot developers and ensure a safe and easy to use the EE platform for creating bots, or will bot developers be put on the back burner, and not cared for?

The first one!

#12 2018-08-23 22:13:13

Croboyy10

I wonder what monster we will be able to create with Smiley customizer

dab.

#13 2018-08-23 22:15:51

Anak

LukeM wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

Vector graphics are by far the best for simple graphics (like the basic blocks or whatever), but once you start adding a lot of detail it starts to get a bit more tricky... Although I'm not a graphics designer so I'm probably not the best source for this XD

Depends on what level you're doing them at and what program you're using. Vector graphics can be very powerful and intricate but they are also ultimately a stylistic choice and are suited for certain types of artwork/designs, and making a change from bitmap to vector for a game like this is smth you'd have to think carefully about imo

#14 2018-08-23 22:18:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

now this is some serious stuff
interesting, thanks!

also what am i supposed to see on this animation (https://playerio-a.akamaihd.net/everybo … 20Test.png) besides randomly changing blocks

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#15 2018-08-23 22:27:52, last edited by LukeM (2018-08-23 22:45:40)

LukeM
Website

TaskManager wrote:

also what am i supposed to see on this animation (https://playerio-a.akamaihd.net/everybo … 20Test.png) besides randomly changing blocks

It was originally from one of ByteArray's graphics engine tests, which were mostly to show FPS and CPU usage, but you lose both of them when its just a video //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue (you'll have to trust us that they worked well //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile)
We just decided that it looked cool, so I did some magic to make it loop nicely, and we had a teaser image //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#16 2018-08-23 22:30:04

MartenM
Website

This is the kind of post I have been waiting for a while now.
Seeing some good plans and those custom smileys look so cool :o

Keep it up!

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#17 2018-08-23 22:30:12

azurepudding

Yesss, this is some good stuff to see!  I've also been wanting an auto block morpher like this, possibly complete with more connective tiles?  Maybe optional.  So that a 2x2 chunk of blocks wouldn't have a criss cross on them.  Made optional as I feel some might like the checkerboard style.

What I'm worried about though is how smileys will look at this increased resolution.  I really like the size and style of them in current EE, but I know that non-blocks don't always transition well when recreating them as slightly bigger.

Azure2.png

#18 2018-08-23 22:37:07, last edited by Zumza (2018-08-23 22:39:39)

Zumza

These new features are natural.

I have seen before EE game copies which adopted a larger block size, attempts of vector graphics and smiley customisation.

The multiple layers of decorations isn't new either, having been suggested before.

For the grass part, there was a conversation not so long time ago about the same thing:

Hidden text

And I was talking to some friends just a couple of hours before this post, about the inconsistency between morphable / nonmorhable decorations when it comes to colours (e.g. the lights of new-year 2010 vs xmas 2016)

Theres a bunch of coincidences.

All in all, I'm happy that the current team is watching the community trends.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#19 2018-08-23 22:40:50

Wehrmacht

Zumza wrote:

These new features are natural.

I have seen before EE game copies which adopted a larger block size, attempts of vector graphics and smiley customisation.

The multiple layers of decorations isn't new either, having been suggested before.

For the grass part, there was a conversion not so long time ago about the same thing:

And I was talking to some friends just a couple of hours before, about the inconsistency between morphable / nonmorhable decorations when it comes to colours (e.g. the lights of new-year 2010 vs xmas 2016)

All in all, I'm happy that the current team is watching the community trends.

yeah, feel like these are the necessities. proper community interaction was a thing that was lacking from previous staff teams. it's a good time to make well thought-out suggestions as a player

listen up

#20 2018-08-23 22:44:10

Introduction

The custom smiley customisation is a very unique touch! We will be able to create our own smilies! This makes so you can no longer even guess the total amount of smilies there are in game. Also, the block/decoration layer system is very sweet! This is very good and helpful for a lot of creators! The graphics are also simple, yet beautiful! They look shining, even if there's no big difference!!

I'm looking forward for this reeboot! Good luck, team!

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#21 2018-08-23 22:44:32

Gosha

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

I am hoping we could add some special connection for bots to give them more bot powers and make api easier

#22 2018-08-23 23:41:40

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm kind of curious as to how the action blocks are doing

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#23 2018-08-23 23:48:57

MartenM
Website

Gosha wrote:

give them more bot powers

*sarcasm*

Yeah, like they are not powerfull enough already.

That would be a very neat addition to the game. Will be interesting to see how you guys are going to implement this.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#24 2018-08-23 23:50:25

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Gosha wrote:
ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

I am hoping we could add some special connection for bots to give them more bot powers and make api easier

i hope for something like this:

bot.connect("world ID");
bot.troll();
bot.disconnect();

that would be an awesome API

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#25 2018-08-24 01:28:32

Raphe9000

Wow, the increase to 24x24 graphics is maybe the last thing I expected yet simultaneously the best way to improve the games graphics I've seen. I love all of this.

BuzzerBee1587135845779219

Board footer