Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-07-23 03:26:05

Wizard2002

Re: New Action Blocks & Campaigns!

This is such a great update, can't wait to mess around with the new mechanics and see the new potential especially with the new spawn points! :o

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#27 2018-07-23 08:57:27

peace

NICE i just caeme back yestaerday form my nice vacation only to go to bed now lets see what i can do wiht this nice stuff but hey XEN: low jump? does that mean there comes a low speed? a high gravity? ect? btw //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool update as i can read

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#28 2018-07-23 11:14:48

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Low jump = Double Gravity

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#29 2018-07-23 12:08:18

ASDruska

- Players can now use "/reset" to reset themselves in any world without reloading the level!
- Fixed some bugs with Team Doors so people no longer get stuck in them!

haha i can see right through you you're planning by fixing team door minis and reseting everyone's progress!!

cringe ^
based v

#30 2018-07-23 18:47:43

Guest.

in all seriousness tho all these action blocks are really good

im most excited about world portals cause that means people can finally make multi part levels only playable if you beat the previous part

also blue candy block is one of the few block expansions i think were needed

Wooted by: (4)

#31 2018-07-23 19:22:50

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

help you'll add world portals but not save points wth

suddenly random sig change

#32 2018-07-23 19:31:12

peace

maby make the spawns an seperate thing tpto buy ehwhat if you want multiply spawns with same id but yet want to use all diffrent ids on portals?

peace.png

#33 2018-07-23 21:04:30

Kentiya
Website

I'm glad you all are enjoying the update! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

In case anyone is interested, I made a comparison of the old and new spawn points as well as the target spawn point.
wfGvBiB.png
The original spawn point had some weird shadow-like shading in some areas, and very poor anti-aliasing. It also rendered with a block shadow, making it look like a jumbled mess on light backgrounds. The new version was completely remade, but I made it look as close as possible to the original on dark backgrounds, while fixing the chunkiness. I also added a shadow to the block graphic itself, so that it is easily identifiable on all backgrounds.

For the target spawn, aka world portal spawn, I wanted it to be more than just a recolor of the regular spawn point. So I thought, instead of the arrow pointing to the circle, representing "landing" in the world, it could be coming out from the circle, showing how it brings the player from another world. At first I was considering having both circles, but before I even started drawing I realized it would be too crowded. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#34 2018-07-23 21:57:10

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kentiya wrote:

I'm glad you all are enjoying the update! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

In case anyone is interested, I made a comparison of the old and new spawn points as well as the target spawn point.
https://i.imgur.com/wfGvBiB.png
The original spawn point had some weird shadow-like shading in some areas, and very poor anti-aliasing. It also rendered with a block shadow, making it look like a jumbled mess on light backgrounds. The new version was completely remade, but I made it look as close as possible to the original on dark backgrounds, while fixing the chunkiness. I also added a shadow to the block graphic itself, so that it is easily identifiable on all backgrounds.

For the target spawn, aka world portal spawn, I wanted it to be more than just a recolor of the regular spawn point. So I thought, instead of the arrow pointing to the circle, representing "landing" in the world, it could be coming out from the circle, showing how it brings the player from another world. At first I was considering having both circles, but before I even started drawing I realized it would be too crowded. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I like your design choices, and I did get that feeling of "being brought in from another world" so you definitely had your goal met here

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (5)

#35 2018-07-24 08:03:11

Areno

You might as well add slow speed ability.

#36 2018-07-24 09:58:27

peace

Kentiya wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/wfGvBiB.png

you my sir make good choices wihtout we even ask fo rit i have not ever seen anyone co,mplain baout the white spawn yet you made a better one whihc could look even nicer havent noticed it yet but i guess this could make worlds lok nicer

peace.png

Wooted by: (2)

#37 2018-07-24 20:27:00, last edited by MWstudios (2018-07-24 20:28:16)

MWstudios

When the campaign came out I was one of the first people to play it

Screenshot of winning

Seems like I was the second to win the campaign, based on Joeyc's post and the fact because I found them empty, then they got filled up with players. So I'd like to know if I was really second or not.
By the Middle Europe time:

• First was Matt with unknown time

• Second was me with 19:44

• And third was Yonanoke with 19:51

Was there anyone who beat it earlier?

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#38 2018-07-25 01:14:22

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Probably not. I dont know why but the lat tier of campaigns always gets me stuck at some point.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#39 2018-07-25 08:10:57

s1mple

Just wanted to say that I really like the tech campaign.

And I like the progressive feel to it, too. The first level has a static background and is your simple platformer... the next has more variety and color... then the third suddenly has signs. text. decorations. names for the types of "gadgets" that you encounter. Which is pretty neat. And then the final tier is minimap eye candy with a bit of frustration, adding spikes, flames, team colors, and all that stuff into the mix.

I'm also surprised that the third tier--favorite series, by the way--is medium. Medium?! I can't even complete a Tunnel Rats level without crying. That's how much of a noob I am.

I mean, of course, that was the point, all that progression. And I like how the +energies are multiples of 64 or something.

?type=energy&name=o0ps ?type=online&name=o0ps ?type=lastlogin&name=o0ps ?type=registered&name=o0ps
I'm o0ps in-game... I don't use my alts that much anymore.
And yes, I make a lot of mistakes. Sorry about that.

Wooted by:

#40 2018-07-25 10:06:30

peace

s1mple wrote:

Just wanted to say that I really like the tech campaign.

And I like the progressive feel to it, too. The first level has a static background and is your simple platformer... the next has more variety and color... then the third suddenly has signs. text. decorations. names for the types of "gadgets" that you encounter. Which is pretty neat. And then the final tier is minimap eye candy with a bit of frustration, adding spikes, flames, team colors, and all that stuff into the mix.

I'm also surprised that the third tier--favorite series, by the way--is medium. Medium?! I can't even complete a Tunnel Rats level without crying. That's how much of a noob I am.

I mean, of course, that was the point, all that progression. And I like how the +energies are multiples of 64 or something.

note the rewars they are exponetial of 2 each time 64 128 256 ect max energy is aslo 2 4 8 ect which has to do wiht maths an dmaths has a btit to do wiht thech

peace.png

peace1532509590716019

Board footer