Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2018-07-03 16:20:29

Nebula

Re: Answering Questions Regarding the Everybody Edits Reboot

Xenonetix wrote:

That said, we do recognise people will want to reserve certain usernames, so we will be working out a way to make that happen. This is unlikely to be an automatic process, so you will probably have to actively reserve your username ahead of the Closed Beta. We'll probably set that up during the Alpha, so you can keep your username in the new game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Woo so I can change my username again in the new game

#127 2018-07-04 13:14:29

den3107

Going off the assumption that crews (or a similar system) are in the remake:
Will you implement a proper contest system?

An idea on how to implement this:
whenever a contest pops up you can purchase a contest crew (For that specific contest).
The contest crew could have certain limitations (x members, y world size)
Obviously you still just make a (single) world under the crew's name (perhaps the crew comes with a world).

Now the best part of this: The system will lock the world from editing before and after certain dates.
And meta-data about if you're 1st or not could also be stored inside the crew.

#128 2018-07-04 18:47:26

Freckleface

Will the artstyle be the same? Will the rEEboot even be about jumping smileys anymore? Will we have vector graphic or pixel graphics? Will the game basically be EE with a different physics engine? Will all blocks still be limited to a 1x1 dimension? Are we going to start from scratch and have entirely different block packs?

I am hoping that this rEEboot will be an entirely new game with similar mechanics, not just an updated EE.

I also believe that older worlds should not be copied over to campaigns in the rEEboot. Why stay in the past? Just make new worlds. (And if all players from this EE could get a veteran badge in the rEEboot I would be happy)

F

Wooted by: (2)

#129 2018-07-04 19:03:09

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Freckleface wrote:

Why stay in the past? Just make new worlds.

- Ben Swolo

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#130 2018-07-04 22:04:41

imgood9

Xenonetix wrote:

If we end up deciding not to transfer anything, we've discussed the possibility that someone like capasha may well produce a program (or just update EEditor), so that world saves from the current version of the game could be transferred (at least in part, or as close as possible) to the new version of the game.

I don't know how feasible this plan would be (it'd depend on how expansive the changes from EE Flash to EE Reboot are) but I am very much in favor of an idea like this. That way some of the more famous classic worlds by users who may not be as active anymore can still be preserved.

#131 2018-07-04 23:24:55

Slushie

Someone told me smileys will have legs in rEEboot

ok

Wooted by:

#132 2018-07-05 01:32:15

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Slushie wrote:

Wow that sounds absolutely disgusting...
I’m imagining they will have small crawly spider legs that move like cockroaches when they speed along the ground...
EW!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#133 2018-07-05 02:02:29

Kirby

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Slushie wrote:

I’m imagining they will have small crawly spider legs that move like cockroaches when they speed along the ground...
EW!

i dont think npcs look like that but thats just me

#134 2018-07-05 02:24:27

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Kirby wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Slushie wrote:

EW!

I didn’t talk about NPC’s.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#135 2018-07-05 02:46:40

Pingohits
Banned

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Slushie wrote:

EW!

entertainment application named "Wuppo" is exactly this, take a gander at the fictional "Wum" (2nd from right):

cspiol

a circle with not two, but FOUR appendages! Perhaps we should learn from this concept and give smileys not two, but FOUR legs! considerable gratitudes

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (3)

#136 2018-07-05 03:29:59

Kirby

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Kirby wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Slushie wrote:

EW!

I didn’t talk about NPC’s.

yea but arent they basically just smilies with legs

#137 2018-07-05 07:33:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

Freckleface wrote:

Why stay in the past?

If you had spent weeks or months of hard work on a world, you would likely be pretty upset to hear that you're never going to be able to see it again, too.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#138 2018-07-05 14:55:47

peace

minimania wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Why stay in the past?

If you had spent weeks or months of hard work on a world, you would likely be pretty upset to hear that you're never going to be able to see it again, too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ just this poeple spend long times on hard works in worlds they dotn want to lose them in a reeboot of exactly the same game wiht just new stuff (and rework of code ofc)

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#139 2018-07-05 15:04:34

Raphe9000

minimania wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Why stay in the past?

I have been spending weeks on a world, but I won't cry about losing it. I may use a bot to copy it over to the rEEboot, but I won't let it contaminate the fresh stream of new worlds. I'll likely just keep it private or adapt it to fit the reboot better; putting another few weeks into it won't hurt it.

#140 2018-07-05 16:50:03

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

minimania wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Why stay in the past?

Hopefully we'll have a way to easily play old worlds the way they were.

Raphe9000 wrote:

I have been spending weeks on a world, but I won't cry about losing it. I may use a bot to copy it over to the rEEboot, but I won't let it contaminate the fresh stream of new worlds. I'll likely just keep it private or adapt it to fit the reboot better; putting another few weeks into it won't hurt it.

I'm hoping the lesser amount of blocks will make world creation even easier, kind of like how making pixel art is simpler than making a detailed sprite.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#141 2018-07-17 21:55:34

daneeko

How will you redo magic and magic coins in the reboot?

UzI5nBc.png

#142 2018-07-18 04:57:18

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

What is the best estimate of when the reboot is going to come? I hope it would come sooner because all flaah game is lagging extremely badly on my laptop.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#143 2018-07-18 11:49:12, last edited by LukeM (2018-07-18 16:09:35)

LukeM
Website

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

What is the best estimate of when the reboot is going to come? I hope it would come sooner because all flaah game is lagging extremely badly on my laptop.

AFAIK we're still aiming for what Xenonetix originally said (having an alpha version late this year and releasing it for public testing early next year)

Edit: Fixed my terminology //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#144 2018-07-18 11:58:55, last edited by Mait (2018-07-18 13:52:08)

Mait

peace wrote:
minimania wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Why stay in the past?

^^^^^^^^^^^^ just this poeple spend long times on hard works in worlds they dotn want to lose them in a reeboot of exactly the same game wiht just new stuff (and rework of code ofc)

Just checked your profile, you dont seem to have worlds that might be hard to redo, or took real long time unlikes Minimanias worlds.  Chill out, you're fine

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#145 2018-07-18 12:28:56

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mait wrote:
peace wrote:
minimania wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Why stay in the past?

Just checked your profile, you dont seem to have words that might be hard to redo, or took real long time. Chill out, you're fine

As I have said again, the main map that I'm worried about focuses on in-game art. Don't tell me what I did and didn't spend a long time on just by taking one look at something. I obviously value what I've created way more than you do.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#146 2018-07-18 13:22:45

hummerz5

minimania wrote:

As I have said again, the main map that I'm worried about focuses on in-game art. Don't tell me what I did and didn't spend a long time on just by taking one look at something. I obviously value what I've created way more than you do.

I think he was talking to peace, but I see what you mean

#147 2018-07-18 13:50:24

MWstudios

minimania wrote:

That makes another question: Will minimap colors be the same or not?
It could pretty much ruin game art and as we know, crown won't have a minimap color

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#148 2018-07-18 15:24:10

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

EE is currently only 2 fps on my laptop. Als, EE minimap colors will be changed.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#149 2018-07-18 15:38:30, last edited by LukeM (2018-07-18 15:38:52)

LukeM
Website

MWstudios wrote:

That makes another question: Will minimap colors be the same or not?
It could pretty much ruin game art and as we know, crown won't have a minimap color

Well I'm pretty sure worlds aren't going to be carried over, so minimap art isn't really a priority (as there won't be any existing levels that are ruined by the changes)

If you do however want to copy your worlds over using a bot, it's trivial to just replace blocks with the closest match, or if that changes certain things too much (e.g. by replacing a gradient with a single block) you can always just manually pick which blocks are converted to which other blocks.

#150 2018-07-18 15:49:21, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-07-18 15:55:11)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

LukeM wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

AFAIK we're still aiming for what Xenonetix originally said (having a beta version late this year and releasing it early next year)

Not quite.

Alpha planned for November-December.
Closed Beta planned for January 2019.
Open Beta expected around March-April 2019.

MWstudios wrote:

Will minimap colors be the same or not?

Many minimap colors are generated automatically as an 'average' of the colors in the pixels of a block. We currently have no plans to change how that works, so if a block is close to identical to the original, the minimap color is likely to remain almost exactly the same.

That being said, we do feel that most action blocks and all decorations shouldn't have minimap colors, as they're designed for gameplay use and in-game art respectively, rather than for minimap colors. Most of the action items that have minimap colors were added to the game prior to background blocks, so it just makes more sense to be using backgrounds behind the action blocks to display on the minimap, and action blocks only being used for gameplay. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

drunkbnu1542224426731917

Board footer