Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-02-10 01:32:29

skullz17

Re: JaWapa - Innocent on All Charges

I mean it can probably be pretty problematic to have someone who appears to alter their principles whenever it suits them, because it implies a lack of integrity. Although he has replied to the topic twice now, emalton still hasn't really addressed this. I'd imagine that the original quote was taken slightly out of context or at least should not be taken literally. The principles behind his original statement may not have been violated by his recent actions, due to some subtle differences in the way he perceives the respective situations. But let's be honest, a higher energy regen is pretty **** harmless considering mods get free stuff anyway so idk how he's gonna explain that, unless he just says that he's changed his views since then or something, which is reasonable I guess.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#27 2018-02-10 04:02:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

The same person who tries uniting everyone together under one belief now polarizing everyone over two, why am I not surprised

bridge.jpg

See that water, under the bridge? That's what this is, and what it should be kept.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#28 2018-02-10 04:47:36

Guest.

i hate to minimod but im really not a fan of resurrecting nearly 2 year old drama

please stop

#29 2018-02-10 05:04:17, last edited by mrjawapa (2018-02-10 05:05:42)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

skullz17 wrote:

unless he just says that he's changed his views since then

Since 1 month ago

Discord: jawp#5123

#30 2018-02-10 08:47:45

Emma333

Luka504 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

What are you trying to achieve with this?

perhaps being a hypocrite is bad?

Is it now? How?
How is being hypocritical a bad trait?
I mean it's not a good one, but strictly speaking, is there anything bad about it?

It shows a lack of strong morals. Which is a bad trait, but not a reason to hate him or anything. Except for Jawapa, since he’s the victim of it. Pretty reasonable that he expects a better explanation or a sorry.

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by:

#31 2018-02-10 10:51:37

Luka504

Emma333 wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

What are you trying to achieve with this?

perhaps being a hypocrite is bad?

Is it now? How?
How is being hypocritical a bad trait?
I mean it's not a good one, but strictly speaking, is there anything bad about it?

It shows a lack of strong morals. Which is a bad trait, but not a reason to hate him or anything. Except for Jawapa, since he’s the victim of it. Pretty reasonable that he expects a better explanation or a sorry.

That's OK and all, but that doesn't explain why hypocrisy alone is a bad trait.
Hypocrisy is pretty much telling someone not to do something, even though you have done the same thing in the past.
But last time I checked, hypocrisy doesn't really make your actions any better or worse. How do someone's actions change yours?
''A lack of strong morals'' isn't hypocrisy, it's being a bad person.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#32 2018-02-10 11:38:21

Onjit
Website

I miss the old Jawapa

:.|:;

#33 2018-02-10 15:08:25

Emma333

Luka504 wrote:

''A lack of strong morals'' isn't hypocrisy, it's being a bad person.

Youre turning my words around. Hypocrisy is a lack of morals. A person who’s often a hypocite doesn’t really care about morals, since they change them whenever they deem fit. When someone else does it, it’s wrong but when they do it themself they start to realise it isn’t so bad. A hypocrite doesn’t hold on to morals, but act like they do to personally attack someone without seeming like they are. Sorry for not being very clear, Im on mobile. Maybe ill edit this later

Pm me with anything math related please

#34 2018-02-10 18:12:35

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Emma333 wrote:

Youre turning my words around. Hypocrisy is a lack of morals. A person who’s often a hypocite doesn’t really care about morals, since they change them whenever they deem fit. When someone else does it, it’s wrong but when they do it themself they start to realise it isn’t so bad. A hypocrite doesn’t hold on to morals, but act like they do to personally attack someone without seeming like they are. Sorry for not being very clear, Im on mobile. Maybe ill edit this later

Hypocrisy can be difficult to reconcile in terms of how you should react to it.

In a (more) ideal world, a person's actions would not influence the validity of their words, and a sort of "Do as I say, not as I do" approach would be taken for granted. Denying what someone has said on the grounds that it makes them a hypocrite is an ad hominem attack and as such has no value in any fair debate.

However, hypocrisy can indicate that a person:

• Is dishonest or insincere,

• Will continue to act against their own words,

• Is immoral, and because of that is untrustworthy,

• etc.

And this is important when considering positions of authority and whether or not a person deserves to be a public figure.

But a hypocritical action does not invalidate an argument. If a murderer tells you that murder is wrong, his hypocrisy does not contradict that. He's perhaps lost the right to lecture you about morals, but the core principles of right and wrong are maintained, and any logical reasoning certainly shouldn't be ignored.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (3)

#35 2018-02-10 18:29:18

Anak

Y'all still care about stealing gems

tenor.gif

I knew this place wasn't without its drama lol

Wooted by:

#36 2018-02-11 00:24:33, last edited by Processor (2018-02-11 00:25:18)

Processor

IanJanes wrote:

I'm sorry, but this entire situation doesn't make sense. What emalton / john did was completely within his boundaries, and he owns the game for gods sake. He could straight up ban all of our accounts, and we couldn't complain.

According to the Terms of Conditions that's not true

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#37 2018-02-11 16:04:03

Kira

When It’s not about Jawapa, It’s about Jawapa.

NVD just salty he made some business, who the **** cares

#38 2018-02-11 16:24:03

peace

Kira wrote:

?????? 2 times the same name????

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#39 2018-02-11 16:33:59

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:
Kira wrote:

?????? 2 times the same name????

yea am confuse to

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

TaskManager1518363239695537

Board footer