Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-02 21:15:08

proficuous
Formerly terence

nostalgia campaign

emal told me to post here

fun old levels (4-5 total?) made w/ old blocks, they dont necessarily have to follow a theme besides being well-received in the past.

potentially rising in difficulty so theres something for everyone (except extreme because lets have more than a dozen people beat this campaign):

1. basic

2. easy

3. medium

4. medium-hard

5. hard

maybe someone can group together 5 potential options for each tier and we can all vote on what would belong (community input is fun)

Iraka's 'jump jump jump' comes to mind for the first/basic tier. 300k plays, old as hell, maybe a 12-15 minute play-through if you haven't done it before

#2 2018-01-03 00:35:27

Joeyc

Re: nostalgia campaign

I really like the idea of a "Nostalgia campaign"

Playing old levels
Reliving those memories
Nostalgia train

Wooted by:

#3 2018-01-03 00:37:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I was actually thinking of something similar a while back and started favouriting old EE style worlds.

There was one in particular that I really liked but then I realised it had invisible arrows //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2018-01-03 02:11:44

Guest.

having a campaign with multiple difficulties is just off

if its labeled as a hard campaign you keep it either medium-hard or hard-extreme

#5 2018-01-03 02:39:56

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

zyhrllos wrote:

if its labeled as a hard campaign you keep it either medium-hard or hard-extreme

I personally wouldn't mind a wide variety of difficulties, however something like that might be frustrating to newer players.

My solution: Make all the tiers available from the get-go. Maybe an extra prize for finishing everything

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by:

#6 2018-01-03 02:54:50

Guest.

jkdrip wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:

I personally wouldn't mind a wide variety of difficulties, however something like that might be frustrating to newer players.

My solution: Make all the tiers available from the get-go. Maybe an extra prize for finishing everything

it would completely tarnish the system in place and throw consistency out the window

#7 2018-01-03 03:04:41

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

zyhrllos wrote:
jkdrip wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:

it would completely tarnish the system in place and throw consistency out the window

How? All a campaign is is a group of levels with a theme.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#8 2018-01-03 03:30:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

To be honest, I don't think such a difficulty progression should be a part of the nostalgia campaign. But I would like to see it in a progression campaign that you're not supposed to beat all at once. New players will join and be able to beat the basic and easy parts. Then as they learn the game more they can beat the medium section of the campaign. And finally, if they either learn to become skilled OR persistent then they could wind up beating the hard and extreme parts of the campaign.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#9 2018-01-03 04:13:35

Guest.

jkdrip wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:
jkdrip wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:

How? All a campaign is is a group of levels with a theme.

and difficulty

#10 2018-01-03 14:42:52

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Similar campaign suggestion was posted here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=35775

#11 2018-01-03 19:10:24

proficuous
Formerly terence

zyhrllos wrote:
jkdrip wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:

who cares lol, good idea drip

Napakeun wrote:

Similar campaign suggestion was posted here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=35775

i guess i should've specified, this could include any widely-received levels that fit the (admittedly, loose) notion of "nostalgia."

yes, that is probably going to concern mostly basic-block levels, but i feel like even levels with game-changing packs like boost arrows could be decently long ago/potentially be included if they have a nostalgic feel to them

#12 2018-01-03 19:14:09

Minimania
Moderation Team

Here's a medium submission for this campaign. http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWFLBq1kGLa0I

Solar System, by Helvi. (That way he won't complain about this campaign too)

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2018-01-03 20:42:02

Guest.

proficuous wrote:

who cares lol, good idea drip

you're really close-minded huh

first of all jkdrip's system literally can't work with the current system set in place

secondly campaigns are supposed to have common difficulties so they can all be beaten "in one go"
you wouldnt start a campaign out as basic and then go up to extreme, it would just sit there forever for people who can't do hard levels

#14 2018-01-03 21:11:17

Jorc

Basic:  Jump Jump Jump by Iraka

link:  http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWiAIAAA   

because why not. this world is really fun for me even after repeated play
and it will bring nostalgia to all players

Wooted by:

#15 2018-01-03 21:52:47

Helvi

minimania wrote:

Here's a medium submission for this campaign. http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWFLBq1kGLa0I

Nope, I rather delete my Solar System map before it is trashed in a campaign where I lose control over my intellectual property.

Hi.

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2018-01-03 23:30:32

dcomet

good idea but what about the win trophy

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#17 2018-01-04 07:59:09

Xfrogman43

Helvi wrote:
minimania wrote:

Nope, I rather delete my Solar System map before it is trashed in a campaign where I lose control over my intellectual property.

good point, also they dont seem to ask for some maps so watch out

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#18 2018-01-04 09:01:12, last edited by Gosha (2018-01-04 09:04:12)

Gosha

LOP:

STAR:

NOSTALGIA Crew:

My favorites:

Gosha1515052872690328

Board footer