Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 2017-08-09 17:56:00, last edited by Nebula (2017-08-09 18:10:45)

Nebula

Re: {RESULTS RELEASED} Everybody Edits Teamwork Contest 2017

Luka504 wrote:

I don't think Whirl+Sensei1 should have placed. I don't really think their world is so exciting and very well made like you described it.

how dare you describe our crew & our contest submission world?

EDIT:

Kyrzj4D.png

#252 2017-08-09 18:33:57

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Pingohits wrote:

I will release the reviews; soon it will all

click

together

Ok, can't wait to see them all!

#253 2017-08-09 19:18:25

Latif

3rd place: Tevis and Wonkathing didn't make a world.
2nd place: Ugly, game play is really boring and annoying, it sucks, doesn't deserve a win.
1st place: Can't find the world, Ninja's profile is private, he didn't link his world here in this topic and Tipocarlos doesn't own the world.

nsfw was 1000 times better than this contest.

#254 2017-08-09 19:57:56

Nebula

Latif wrote:

2nd place: Ugly, game play is really boring and annoying, it sucks, doesn't deserve a win.

#255 2017-08-09 20:01:54

Octapoussse
Banned

Whirl wrote:
Latif wrote:

Whirl, latif is just being honest.

#256 2017-08-09 20:48:10

Latif

Whirl wrote:
Latif wrote:

I didn't describe it, I gave my opinion.

#257 2017-08-09 22:03:14

Teds
Formerly thanksmom

Kirby wrote:

-Incorporate as many effects as you can. You may be disqualified if you do not have all the effects in your world. (If you do not own every effect you must notify us prior to submission)

I played through Sensei1 and Whirl's world and I noticed they didn't use all effects. Fly, speed, health, curse, zombie, and team colors were effects that were left out. I really don't care I'm just confused about how they got 2nd place when they didn't really follow that rule, maybe I was under the wrong impression.

?type=online&name=teds ?type=energy&name=teds ?type=gems&name=teds ?type=loginstreak&name=teds ?type=lastlogin&name=teds ?type=itemsbought&name=teds ?type=registered&name=teds

rfDxHLi.gif

Wooted by:

#258 2017-08-09 22:37:55

Luka504

At this point i am pretty sure these results can't be real and these are just troll results.
There is no way they picked an empty world, a half finished rushed one and an inaccessible world as the top 3 when there are so many better options.
Either this id the worst judging to ever exist or a big prank. There is no in between.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#259 2017-08-09 22:38:36

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

so you gave us the bottom 3, whens the top 3?

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (3)

#260 2017-08-09 22:49:58

danielcool1
Website

Good Game all, I didn't come to this contest for gems honestly.

I came for more friendship, more friends, and finally, talk to famous world makers that I never talked to for a while.

Well, it was nice meeting y'all in this contest, I know there had been drama during this contest, unfortunately. I had a great experience with Unau, he makes better minis than I do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Thank you for letting me participate this contest.

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

Wooted by: (2)

#261 2017-08-09 22:59:07

Kirby

danielcool1 wrote:

Good Game all, I didn't come to this contest for gems honestly.

I came for more friendship, more friends, and finally, talk to famous world makers that I never talked to for a while.

Well, it was nice meeting y'all in this contest, I know there had been drama during this contest, unfortunately. I had a great experience with Unau, he makes better minis than I do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Thank you for letting me participate this contest.

Thanks for the kind words danielcool1 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

When making this contest, it wasn't really about the gems to us, but more to see people emerge as friends. Thank you for understanding that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by: (3)

#262 2017-08-09 23:00:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kirby wrote:

but more to see people emerge as friends.

But you paired me with someone I was already friends with... I cri. I wanted more friends. But you just decided no. meanie.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#263 2017-08-09 23:21:46

Nebula

Zoey2070 wrote:

second place has multiple errors that make the level unbeatable

its known

#264 2017-08-09 23:28:20

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

suddenly random sig change

#265 2017-08-10 00:00:30

Lictor666

Slabdrill wrote:
Kirby wrote:

To be honest, none of us expected this much from this team, considering language barriers, and additionally the fact that this is Ninja we’re talking about. This team, however, came forth with a very creative level that let us see music blocks in a way that they have never been used before. Additionally, it was impressive to see that they were able to pull off such an excellent level in such a small place. The part, however, that we were most impressed about, was the fact that instead of the language barrier being a hinderance to them, it instead helped them. They added translations to each sign in the level, allowing more people to play their amazing level. Well done, you two, and congratulations on first place!

Please tell me you have a prepared asnwer like this for each team ! I wanna see !

Wooted by:

#266 2017-08-10 01:49:56, last edited by Onjit (2017-08-10 01:51:38)

Onjit
Website

Third Place:

CONTENT WARNING

Second Place:

CONTENT WARNING

First Place:

CONTENT WARNING

In conclusion: **** you for wasting my time

:.|:;

#267 2017-08-10 01:53:11

Xfrogman43

Onjit wrote:

Third Place:

Second Place:

CONTENT WARNING

First Place:

CONTENT WARNING

In conclusion: **** you for wasting my time

then good job people who decided to bail *cough* me *cough*

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#268 2017-08-10 02:04:24, last edited by Taylor (2017-08-10 02:14:01)

Taylor

Did you just pick complete random worlds, and just say "Oh this contest was just for people making friendships"? I mean, These contest winners honestly shouldn't have won... These don't even really qualify to win the contest. In sensei1's world you have to use an exploit to beat the map, and if you don't, you'll get stuck. The others aren't even true submissions, are they? I hope these aren't the actual winners.

Edit: I've gotten stuck with the exploit and all... I'm sorry but this map needed another few days worth of remaking...
jO6K32x.png

unknown.png

Wooted by: (4)

#269 2017-08-10 02:27:47

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Maybe in future community-run contests the worlds should be submitted anonymously. You guys clearly don't trust each other.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#270 2017-08-10 02:28:35

BEE

Has there ever been a contest in ee where people didn't complain about the results and were just like "yay good job everyone!"? If so, please link.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#271 2017-08-10 02:36:19, last edited by SmittyW (2017-08-10 02:45:46)

SmittyW

BEE wrote:

Has there ever been a contest in ee where people didn't complain about the results and were just like "yay good job everyone!"? If so, please link.

Going Home

EDIT: Also old RPGM2K contests were comfy

#272 2017-08-10 05:10:59, last edited by Kaleb (2017-08-10 05:11:46)

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Thank you for hosting a contest to give us players motivation to make more worlds that are new and fun, while getting to know new people too!

Thank you.

#273 2017-08-10 08:43:33

Nebula

Onjit wrote:

Second Place:

CONTENT WARNING

Are you okay?

Taylor wrote:

I've gotten stuck with the exploit and all... I'm sorry but this map needed another few days worth of remaking...
http://i.imgur.com/jO6K32x.png

Yep, kirby needs another few days to make our levels and so

#274 2017-08-10 10:01:36

Doomsdaytoy9000

Kirby has just bamboozled us all

XR0wvu0.png

Wooted by:

#275 2017-08-10 11:31:59

Luka504

Let's be real here this contest was a complete failure in any way you look at it.
I personally feel obligated to just, in full detail, explain why this entire contest is bad.
Feel free to call me salty, whiny, whatever, i do not care.

The Beggining

It was just a normal day when we see something on the forums. The Teamwork contest by Kirby and Master1. Many people, including myself, were pretty excited. We haven't had a contest in almost an entire year and this one is hosted by people we generally found trustowrthy and thought would make this contest as fair as possible. Many people signed up full of optimisim.
If only they had known that this would escalate into so much drama and distrust.

The Contest

The teams got announced and on day one of building period problems already started rising up. Many people were having issues with thei partners, usually about timezones and general inactivity.
I split the people as such:
People like Lictor didn't wanna work alone since that would negate the entire point of the contest.
People like Sapizza and Oray wanted to participate, but they couldn't work with their partners and asked for a replacement.
People like SmittyW and Unau clearly did all the work as their partners did nothing.
People like Tevis didn't wanna build at all since their teammate was inactive.
And people like me found all of this incredibely unfair.
Some of my friends and I decided to go talk to Kirby about this issue so he can solve it. And instead of trying to do something to maximize Contestant satisfaction, Kirby basically just used the ''You joined, you took the risk, deal with it'' and refused to help anyone. He considered his actions correct and everybody else was wrong.
He even once told me, out of the blue, these exact words: ''Luka, i don't like you''....
This is pretty much where i started considering this contest as a joke rather than something serious.
However, Kirby did allow another week of building time, which im glad he did since it really helped those struggling with their partners. (Maybe helping people with their partner issue instead of pushing the deadline back this entire ordeal wouldn't have happened, but whatever)
We patiently waited for the results, and when we got them.... wellll.....

The Results

At first many people were happy with the results and had no issues other than the fact the links for the winning worlds were missing. But because of this people started to wonder: ''Wait what are these worlds even like'', and when they found out what they were like, things got from bad to worse.
It turns out that the winning worlds consisted of:
An empty world that is currently now saying ''**** you'' to Kirby.
A terrible world with no redeeming qualities.
And another small empty world which was coincidentally owned by Kirby's friend.
It became clear that Kirby decided to teach the community a lesson how gems aren't important and friendship is magic~
Too bad by doing this he shook the community's trust even though by now that trust is barely holding together after promises like UnitEE.
For me personally, this contest made me despise more people than like. I started disliking people like Danielcool1, Whirl, Kirby, Ninja and so many more. The only person i started liked more was Cakeje, my teammate.
No one was happy with these results except for like, 4 people, and if you don't count the judges then it's just 2.
Heck, not even the winners think they should've won, with the exception of Whirl who thinks his world is 11/10 and now argues with people who say it's bad. AKA gems mattered more to him than the world itself.
And Kirby? He still won't admit that he is in the wrong here. He keeps saying that this contest was perfect and all the results are too and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. He tries to shift the blame by saying he wasn't the only judge, which he'll probably do in this topic too.
Good job Kirby, this contest was 11/10.

Conclusion

This contest was a complete failure in every aspect. Nothing was done correctly except extending the build time.
People who actually put effort into their worlds didn't get squat and the people who did the least amount of work got the most amount of gems.
People have grown to dislike each other even though the entire point of the contest was to bring people together.
I personally would never let Kirby host or even judge a contest. After this fiasco i just can't trust him at all.
That is all i have to say.
Have fun reading all this to find a rule break hummerz.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Kirby1502509580672611

Board footer