Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-03 17:23:09, last edited by Kirby (2017-08-09 05:51:46)

Kirby

{RESULTS RELEASED} Everybody Edits Teamwork Contest 2017

9oZvgpC.png
INTRODUCTION
Over the past several years, Everybody Edits has unfortunately been gradually decreasing in player count. What we are left with is a very tight-knit community of players who have all come to enjoy the same game. Though these members of this community may know each other, how well can they work together?

Master1 and I asked ourselves this question about 7 months ago. After a lot of planning, we have finally decided to begin this contest. May the best team win!

__________________________________________________________________________________

PRIZES
1st place team: 200 gems
2nd place team: 100 gems
3rd place team: 50 gems

thanks to terraria and thanksmom for donating gems!

__________________________________________________________________________________

CONCEPT
In past contests, we have always seen the same results. The winners never change. Newer users stand no chance in earning themselves a victory. This contest is going to change that.

Once signed up, your name will be thrown into a random drawing for teams. There is a chance you could be forced to work alongside someone you don’t know. You may potentially be assigned someone you dislike. Whatever the outcome, you must put aside your differences quickly and work together. Only true teamwork will win you this contest.

Don’t be too discouraged, however, as we will have SOME quality control. We will try not to pair people like Kira and Lictor together, even if their names do end up matched together in the drawing

RULES
Please note that if you do not abide by the rules you may be disqualified

Unlike other contests, instead of having one specific theme you have to follow, instead we are placing a few restrictions to see how you and your partner can work together to overcome the obstacles you are faced with

-Your submitted level MUST be titled “Contest Submission”, as it will make it easier for us to judge the levels.
-Your level may not use portals
-Incorporate music in SOME way. It doesn’t have to be good, nor does it have to be the concept of the level, but you have to have it. A good example of this could be Megalambs First Samurai, as it serves as merely a victory jingle, and otherwise has nothing to do with the concept of the level.
-Incorporate as many effects as you can. You may be disqualified if you do not have all the effects in your world. (If you do not own every effect you must notify us prior to submission)

IMPORTANT DATES
Sign-ups: July 3rd - July 10th
Teams revealed: July 11th
Building: July 12th - July 26th
Judging: July 27th

SIGN-UPS
In order to sign up for the contest, you MUST follow the following format.
NAME:
TYPE OF EE PLAYER:

JUDGING
Current Judges
-Kirby
-Master1
-Pingohits

We are still looking for at least 1 more judge. If you would like to be a judge, PM me (Kirby) on the forums, and I’ll try my best to get back to you

When judging, the judges will follow a specific algorithm to ensure maximum fairness. This algorithm will decide who the top 5 teams are. From those teams, we will have a long discussion amongst ourselves to decide the rank of the levels, as we can not simply trust an algorithm to rank the best 3 when there are prizes being given.

Though we will not share the algorithm until after the judging has been complete, we will share parts of the level that you should pay attention to.

-Creativity is key. We will award many points on creativity. Think of these points, however, as “Extra Credit”. You will not be marked down if your level isn’t necessarily creative, however it will help you much more if it is.
-Gameplay. Your level has to be fun in some way. It doesn’t have to be gameplay oriented, but it shouldn’t be a chore to play
-Difficulty. We don’t care. Just keep in mind if it’s stupid hard it’ll probably be stupid to play, which could affect your gameplay score.
-Ingame art. This won’t be worth very much, but if your level makes the judge’s retinas spontaneously combust, you can expect points to be taken away.
-Overall Enjoyment. This is worth little, but they are points that allow the judges to have some form of opinion that slightly affects score.
-Minimap art. This will reward next to nothing. Keep in mind, though, that if you have a really pretty minimap, it draws people’s attention and makes them want to play your level. This could end up affecting the “Overall Enjoyment” category.
-Theme. If it doesn’t look like you tried to follow the theme/rules, you will be disqualified. How closely you represented the theme does not matter. Just try.

_____

CONCLUSION
For the past couple years, it has been brought to everybody's attention many times that this game is dying. Everyone knows it at this point, and we will repeat it without even thinking about it. So from Master1 and I, we implore you to sign up. Even if you don’t play Everybody Edits anymore, or don’t find yourself building levels that often, give it a shot. It might change how you look at this game.

Good luck.

#2 2017-07-03 17:23:39, last edited by Kirby (2017-07-12 17:12:54)

Kirby

Re: {RESULTS RELEASED} Everybody Edits Teamwork Contest 2017

HERE ARE THE TEAMS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Doh + Thanksmom

-Sensei1 + Whirl

-Evilbunny + Musicman

-Mieaz + Weirdoverse

-Luka504 + Cakeje

-Latif + Tayl0r

-Ninja + Tipocarlos

-Kira + Zoey2070

-Kefka + skullz17

-Onjit + Thwinkt

-21twelve + xFrogman43

-Abysmalaxeofsilence + Insanity

-Oray + Raon

-mistermender + Doomsdaytoy9000

-slabdrill + mutantdevle

-Emalton + KKay

-Igipigi + WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

-Kaleb + Ernesdo

-boom300742 + Mkgamer

-BuzzerBee + emma333 

-Ravatroll + Norwegianboy

-02468 + cheesereal

-Terrorcookie + grilyon2

-tevis + Wonkathing

-unau + danielcool1

-CommanderKitten + eeanatoly

-TygrCZ + Kentiya

-Jorc + Razz1212

-Que Pinche Onda + Lictor

-Terence22205 + xaviourb007

-sapizza + iPwner

-Smittyw + sonytv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck everyone!

#3 2017-07-03 17:25:04, last edited by Nebula (2017-07-03 18:00:19)

Nebula

NAME: Whirl
TYPE OF EE PLAYER: Artist (an half), Minigame Maker, Tester

hopefully we can win this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#4 2017-07-03 17:25:30

Master1

reserved

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-07-03 17:28:04

Kirby

Whirl wrote:

NAME: InSpirit
TYPE OF EE PLAYER: Whirl

You did not follow the guidelines.

This contest doesn't have team names, since you are being assigned the teams. NAME refers to your everybody edits username. TYPE OF EE PLAYER refers to whether you are an artist, minimaker, player, etc.

Wooted by:

#6 2017-07-03 17:34:35, last edited by Norwee (2017-07-03 17:35:02)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

You should really elaborate what "type of EE player" means Kirby.
Anyway thank you creators of the contest for making EE fun again. With events like this i'm sure it makes many users more active.
I hope there will be many submissions. I might even share this topic in EE worlds to advertise.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#7 2017-07-03 17:41:34

Nebula

Kirby wrote:
Whirl wrote:

NAME: InSpirit
TYPE OF EE PLAYER: Whirl

You did not follow the guidelines.

This contest doesn't have team names, since you are being assigned the teams. NAME refers to your everybody edits username. TYPE OF EE PLAYER refers to whether you are an artist, minimaker, player, etc.

oh k

updated

#8 2017-07-03 17:45:43, last edited by WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM (2017-07-03 18:21:42)

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Name WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM
Type of EE player: Mini maker, Tester

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#9 2017-07-03 18:03:01

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

Reserved until I know what type of player means

I'm guessing it's so they can pair a minimaker with an artist instead of having a team with 3 minimakers who suck at art.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#10 2017-07-03 18:09:16

SirSoul

So, if I where to join my my team mate was not to even play or go on, what would happen then?

#11 2017-07-03 18:10:21

Taylor

Name: Tayl0r
Type of Player: Artist

unknown.png

#12 2017-07-03 18:19:18

capasha

Name: Doh
Type of Player: Player

#13 2017-07-03 18:21:20

Sensei1

Teamwork, I suck at this - sign me up!

NAME: Sensei1
TYPE OF EE PLAYER: Ingame artist/musician

#14 2017-07-03 18:27:21

Kirby

SirSoul wrote:

So, if I where to join my my team mate was not to even play or go on, what would happen then?

thats an unfortunate risk that you'd have to take. Hopefully, though, people won't sign up if they can't log on at all

also, that could be viewed as a positive, because then you could have more control over the level building process //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#15 2017-07-03 18:31:30

Evilbunny

NAME: Evilbunny
TYPE OF EE PLAYER: minimaker

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#16 2017-07-03 19:03:19

Mieaz

Player Mieaz

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#17 2017-07-03 19:08:03

Luka504

Sure ill join.
Name: Luka504
Type: Minigame maker, Tester

Just so i know, is world size important or any size is fine?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#18 2017-07-03 19:13:06

Music Man

Random teams, this sounds like a lot of fun

NAME: Musicman
Type OF EE PLAYER: Musician, Player

#19 2017-07-03 19:16:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NAME: mutantdevle
TYPE OF EE PLAYER: in-game artist, player, noob, switch mechanic builder.

Kirby wrote:

Why? As someone who uses a lot of switch mechanics this rule basically kills any purpose I would have as a team mate (aside from suggesting ideas). I don't really see a reason for not allowing portals.

Also I'm assuming world size doesn't matter?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2017-07-03 19:21:47, last edited by Kirby (2017-07-03 19:25:27)

Kirby

Luka504 wrote:

Sure ill join.
Name: Luka504
Type: Minigame maker, Tester

Just so i know, is world size important or any size is fine?

any size is fine, youll have to discuss that with your teammate

also: it does not matter which teammate hosts the world. I would recommend making a temporary crew with them and adding that world to it, though, so it's easier to collaborate on it

Devlin wrote:

NAME: mutantdevle
TYPE OF EE PLAYER: in-game artist, player, noob, switch mechanic builder.

Kirby wrote:

Why? As someone who uses a lot of switch mechanics this rule basically kills any purpose I would have as a team mate (aside from suggesting ideas). I don't really see a reason for not allowing portals.

as we said in the topic, since you are working with someone you don't know, seeing how you work together to overcome problems would be interesting. Nowadays people are so used to using portals, it will be interesting to see what people come up with when that restriction is put on them

EDIT: updated contestants list. If I didn't submit you, please remind me, as I may have missed your post

Wooted by:

#21 2017-07-03 19:25:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kirby wrote:

as we said in the topic, since you are working with someone you don't know, seeing how you work together to overcome problems would be interesting. Nowadays people are so used to using portals, it will be interesting to see what people come up with when that restriction is put on them

Are bots allowed? Because if so could you not just set up a bot that permanently stays in the world to execute teleportation commands to teleport players to specific locations upon touching blocks / backgrounds; or is that perfectly okay and seen as a soloution to the no portals problem?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2017-07-03 20:03:20

Kirby

Devlin wrote:
Kirby wrote:

Are bots allowed? Because if so could you not just set up a bot that permanently stays in the world to execute teleportation commands to teleport players to specific locations upon touching blocks / backgrounds; or is that perfectly okay and seen as a soloution to the no portals problem?

bots like eeditor are allowed for building, but definitely no BAL's allowed

#23 2017-07-03 20:15:03

danielcool1
Website

Name: Danielcool1
Type: Minimaker/Tester
My main account, danielcool1, might not work as well, so just in case if danielcool1 doesn't work, can I use danielcool2, my alternative account?

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

Wooted by:

#24 2017-07-03 20:28:12

Mieaz

Hey I do whatever I feel like so I guess just "Player"?

Btw do we get minus or something if our amigo doesn't come online? since it's about collaboration

and what if there's odd number of contesters?

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#25 2017-07-03 21:22:35

Lictor666

Name : Lictor
Type : Builder

Nice contest guys //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Kirby1502509580672611

Board footer