Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-09 16:11:51, last edited by minam (2016-07-10 12:00:25)

minam

Minam's Unofficial Summer Contest Reviews

NOTICE
Please go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dD7 … sp=sharing for the furthest update. Thank you.

Search your place by CTRL+F. I use the minimal website to reduce lag. This will take a while, but bear with me.
First Update:

Hidden text

Second Update:

Hidden text

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2016-07-09 17:31:32

Kira

Re: Minam's Unofficial Summer Contest Reviews

minam wrote:

NOTICE
Please go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dD7 … sp=sharing for the furthest update. Thank you.

Search your place by CTRL+F. I use the minimal website to reduce lag. This will take a while, but bear with me.
First Update:

Hidden text

I think you completely missed the point of our level.

#3 2016-07-09 19:48:37

Sensei1

Wait wasn't this a summer contest not a spring contest?
And can't wait to read these once you've made more, looking good so far!

#4 2016-07-09 20:41:43, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-07-11 05:43:05)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

merged luka's topic into minam's

also this is now the official unofficial summer contest reviews

edit: LUKA DELETED HIS POST BEFORE I MADE MINE...........

completely irrelevant now

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#5 2016-07-10 03:24:43, last edited by minam (2016-07-10 03:51:10)

minam

Zoey2070 wrote:

merged luka's topic into minam's

also this is now the official unofficial summer contest reviews

edit: LUKA DELETED HIS POST BEFORE I MADE MINE...........

So weird. Now it's an Official Unofficial Summer Contest Reviews.
Also, it's harder to tell who the commentators are talking to.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#6 2016-07-10 05:13:14

Xfrogman43

minam wrote:

You can use context clues. I was referring to Luka's post if you didn't know that.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#7 2016-07-10 05:14:39

minam

Xfrogman43 wrote:
minam wrote:

You can use context clues. I was referring to Luka's post if you didn't know that.

I'm sorry but I don't use the forums much so how do I use context clues?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#8 2016-07-10 06:22:06, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2016-07-10 06:22:16)

Xfrogman43

minam wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
minam wrote:

You don't need to be on forums to know how to use context clues. Just look at who said what then see which person's post relates to their post.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#9 2016-07-10 11:09:12

skullz17

Yandax wrote:

the gramatical mistakes hurt

While my level is an unfinished, rushed piece of crap, there were no grammatical mistakes. I hate a lot about that level, but why did you have to pick on my grammar?

Also, I'm sorry you were disappointed about the story, but allow me to explain. Kale was the King's advisor, you were just a citizen. If Kale didn't have his little project, you would have been sacrificed in the ritual. If his project failed, you would have been sacrificed in the ritual. Kale made you do the tedious job of making hats for 5 minutes. Kale made you commit a crime and steal from a nobleman. Kale made you risk your life to get the staff, while he stood and watched. And Kale held your hand throughout the whole thing, and you didn't have a say in anything. Kale was always more powerful than you, and was using you from the beginning. I don't see how you could expect to overpower Kale and become King yourself. I deliberately built the level in a way that the player was guided through each challenge and didn't have much freedom to go where they like. This is so that it would reflect the theme of the story.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#10 2016-07-10 11:55:55, last edited by minam (2016-07-10 11:56:47)

minam

Xfrogman43 wrote:
minam wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
minam wrote:

You don't need to be on forums to know how to use context clues. Just look at who said what then see which person's post relates to their post.

Oh that's what you meant. I'm so dumb. I thought it was a tool or something.

Mait wrote:

I opened the world. Sorry

Thanks for telling me. You'll be reviewed after I review the rest of the worlds.

Luka504 wrote:

So ugh.
I guess these are my unnofical reviews.
Legend
Almost guranteed win.
Has a good chance
Unsure
Ive seen better
Disquslified/Unfinished
Judging formula:
Ill give each stat a certain amount of points, ranging from 0-5 and then i will multiply with this formula
Art x1  Gameplay x4 Creativity x2 Storyx1 (If there is a story).
You dont need a story to get maximum points though. Maximum points with no story is 35 and 40 with a story.

Sensei's Supercute Sunshine Sensation
Peace and Bahar
Team name: The bros
Team name: GCrew
Zero Is The Loneliest Number
SWKD Summer Kidz!
Music Man
Trix RIP
The Defenestrators
wmX10
The Fearless Five
Jakub321 and the Nublets
guy
Pizza
Fire Wolves

More to come.....................
(Also i have to replace originality with creativity, when i say original in de reviews i mean creative. tnx)

Nice reviews, keep it up. Wish you luck. Wish me luck too.:P

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#11 2016-07-10 13:31:26

Yandax

skullz17 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

While my level is an unfinished, rushed piece of crap, there were no grammatical mistakes. I hate a lot about that level, but why did you have to pick on my grammar?

Also, I'm sorry you were disappointed about the story, but allow me to explain. Kale was the King's advisor, you were just a citizen. If Kale didn't have his little project, you would have been sacrificed in the ritual. If his project failed, you would have been sacrificed in the ritual. Kale made you do the tedious job of making hats for 5 minutes. Kale made you commit a crime and steal from a nobleman. Kale made you risk your life to get the staff, while he stood and watched. And Kale held your hand throughout the whole thing, and you didn't have a say in anything. Kale was always more powerful than you, and was using you from the beginning. I don't see how you could expect to overpower Kale and become King yourself. I deliberately built the level in a way that the player was guided through each challenge and didn't have much freedom to go where they like. This is so that it would reflect the theme of the story.

Are you quoting the right person here?

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#12 2016-07-10 14:05:55

Thanks for the honest reviews you guys, but to be honest, it might be a planet in outer space, but it's entirely summer-based, with beaches, boats and the like. I dunno if there was a rule that restricted worlds to being set specifically on Earth. Other planets do have "summers" but we don't consider that a "summer", either because we don't care about these dumb little planets or just because they're boring wastelands which would cremate you instantly if near it. Not in my planet though!

Wooted by: (3)

#13 2016-07-10 14:45:28, last edited by Luka504 (2016-07-10 14:53:37)

Luka504

skullz17 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Ok dont get me wrong, the story is well made, just has a few gramatical mistakes here and there, and i did undertstand that if i failed i would be sacrificed.
And even though he might be more powerfull than me, it still would have been a pretty great ending if you defeated Kale and became King yourself.
Instead you are now the advisor for a person who isnt afraid to backstab or do some questionable things. This made me fear that i got a bad ending and i played through the world again thinking i messed something up.
That is the disapointing part. There is no ,,good end,,

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#14 2016-07-10 15:28:30

Abelysk

I won't be mean here but,

Can we have a decent reviewer reviewing the levels? I feel like these are done unprofessionally.

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2016-07-10 15:40:21

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Kefka wrote:

Can we have a decent reviewer reviewing the levels? I feel like these are done unprofessionally.

Other people can create their own review topics if they want. If nobody does then this is what you get.
It takes quite some effort to review all levels so appreciate the effort of anyone who does it, if you don't like the quality then you must wait for the judge results //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#16 2016-07-10 16:05:54, last edited by Abelysk (2016-07-10 16:06:14)

Abelysk

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Kefka wrote:

Other people can create their own review topics if they want. If nobody does then this is what you get.
It takes quite some effort to review all levels so appreciate the effort of anyone who does it, if you don't like the quality then you must wait for the judge results //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I completely understand and appreciate these reviewers. I am in no way saying for them to quit their reviews and it is wonderful seeing their insight. I am not here to be mean, but I am simply wishing to see a more "professional" view on the entries. Of course, I understand I can wait for the official reviews, but I simply wish to see a professional partisan view on the levels.

#17 2016-07-10 17:50:22

skullz17

Yandax wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Are you quoting the right person here?

No, sorry. I just highlighted it from your post where you quoted him and I clicked the quote button on your post, so it ended up quoting you. I'll fix that.

Luka504 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Ok dont get me wrong, the story is well made, just has a few gramatical mistakes here and there, and i did undertstand that if i failed i would be sacrificed.
And even though he might be more powerfull than me, it still would have been a pretty great ending if you defeated Kale and became King yourself.
Instead you are now the advisor for a person who isnt afraid to backstab or do some questionable things. This made me fear that i got a bad ending and i played through the world again thinking i messed something up.
That is the disapointing part. There is no ,,good end,,

I still stand my ground that there were no grammatical mistakes (although perhaps the tenses used at the beginning sound a little awkward, but they are not incorrect).

I suppose it could be cool to have that ending you wanted but it wasn't the intended outcome. Some stories are tragedies. I wanted this story to be a story of manipulation and deception. At the same time, I wanted right and wrong to be a little ambiguous, in the sense that even though it was wrong to backstab the king, it might have been for the better. Anyway, I guess not everyone likes tragedies so whatever.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#18 2016-07-10 18:14:08

Kirby

Gameplay: 6/10 It’s actually really fun trying to get the coins. But not to forget that lag is in the way.

Did you just... lower our score... because of lag?

#19 2016-07-10 20:10:55

Yandax

Kirby wrote:

Did you just... lower our score... because of lag?

Can I lower your score because I was flamed on your level?

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#20 2016-07-10 21:11:18, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-07-12 16:24:26)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#21 2016-07-10 22:25:11

jonhvictor2004sonic

Fixed mine!

tfw wen u made another account just because you forgot your pass

jonhvictor2004sonic1468185911612030