Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-10-23 19:31:41

Falk

Re: I can't stand it anymore! (Halloween coins)

You have cancer? Just think about something else, it'll be over soon...

Is this your excuse Jawapa?
Everytime someone says something bad about something in EE you come only to tell them to bare with it.

I guess you're a mod but if your name is not white it doesn't mean you are perfect, nor the stuff you create.
Do you even consider people's opinions before saying "Shut up, mods do updates, mods know better."

272 said his opinion on the sound, and yes, mine is exactly the same, what is it supposed to be? It's just a random loud sound, is that it?
It is bad and arguments that say otherwise are not valid.
What's in for next year? This as a coin sound?

The like and favourite sound for halloween are very nice, awesome better said, why not put the laugh on the coins?
Or I don't know, some wings sound like a bunch of bats flying away? Or something that can easily be identified as halloween themed, really.
Because at this point, the sound cannot be distinguished by anyone.

#27 2015-10-23 19:49:25

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Falk wrote:

Everytime someone says something bad about something in EE you come only to tell them to bare with it.

I guess you're a mod but if your name is not white it doesn't mean you are perfect, nor the stuff you create.
Do you even consider people's opinions before saying "Shut up, mods do updates, mods know better."

272 said his opinion on the sound, and yes, mine is exactly the same, what is it supposed to be? It's just a random loud sound, is that it?

The like and favourite sound for halloween are very nice, awesome better said, why not put the laugh on the coins?
Or I don't know, some wings sound like a bunch of bats flying away? Or something that can easily be identified as halloween themed, really.

dude how do you compare cancer to a damn sound

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (5)

#28 2015-10-23 19:53:12

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

ZeldaXD wrote:

"X is bad, so is Y.  Here is how we deal with bad things."

Seemed like a straightforward comparison to me.

Wooted by:

#29 2015-10-24 05:25:08

Cola1

They should make an option that allows users to change the coin sound back to normal if they want. Simple.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#30 2015-10-24 05:35:01

Cola1 wrote:

They should make an option that allows users to change the coin sound back to normal if they want. Simple.

Agreed. I don't understand why there must be so much criticism on this subject. It's just a coin sound, and would be an easy problem to solve if there was an option with the other settings.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

#31 2015-10-24 11:55:20

skullz17

For those of you that don't know what the sound is meant to be, I think it's someone palming a bunch of piano keys at once - a sound that is often heard in halloween/horror themed music.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#32 2015-10-24 13:55:30

Mait

I hate them too but  i will wait the pain out by muting the sound :/ Hopefully they wont stay longer than the other stuffs stays.

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#33 2015-10-24 13:55:55

Koya
Fabulous Member

I made a world commemorating the coin sound: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW9jHR9oPAbkI

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (2)

#34 2015-10-24 14:46:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Falk wrote:

I never said that it would be removed soon.

Falk wrote:

On nit-picking topics, yes.  However, you guys have been given two solutions to the problem.  One solution (mute button) is a part of the game, so no one has told you to "bare with it."

Discord: jawp#5123

#35 2015-10-24 15:04:10

Mait

No.12632 rule of life: Never compare cancer with anything or make jokes about it. It's NOT funny and cause ALOT of trouble in the name of humanity. pls?

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

Wooted by:

#36 2015-10-24 16:01:07, last edited by Falk (2015-10-24 16:02:33)

Falk

JaWapa wrote:
Falk wrote:

I never said that it would be removed soon.

Falk wrote:

On nit-picking topics, yes.  However, you guys have been given two solutions to the problem.  One solution (mute button) is a part of the game, so no one has told you to "bare with it."

Was this also nit-picking? Before Nou came in and said that he is for the idea you were negating Kirby's idea at all, would some minutes needed for you to put back BC dates on profile disturb your relaxing time on your guardian throne?

JaWapa wrote:

I don't see where it's going to cripple your stocks, not knowing when your BC expires.

I don't see where it's going to cripple your stocks, changing the sound to something better.

#37 2015-10-24 18:02:41, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-10-24 18:05:38)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Falk wrote:

Was this also nit-picking? Before Nou came in and said that he is for the idea you were negating Kirby's idea at all, would some minutes needed for you to put back BC dates on profile disturb your relaxing time on your guardian throne?

I never shot down his idea.  I stated what I thought, and someone came in with the "coin sound = cancer" comparisons.  I never said that it was a bad idea, or that we shouldn't do it.

This is skewing the topic off course.  I'm all for discussing this in PMs or another topic.

Discord: jawp#5123

#38 2015-10-24 23:29:12, last edited by 272 (2015-10-24 23:30:16)

JaWapa wrote:
Falk wrote:

I never shot down his idea.  I stated what I thought, and someone came in with the "coin sound = cancer" comparisons.  I never said that it was a bad idea, or that we shouldn't do it.

This is skewing the topic off course.  I'm all for discussing this in PMs or another topic.

Also agreed, maybe it would be best if this topic be locked. I didn't think this would cause such a disturbance in the community.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

Wooted by:

#39 2015-10-25 05:31:33

Minimania
Moderation Team

minimania wrote:

Halloween Coins have broken my music world.

BuzzerBee wrote:

You guys think you're so clever posting a picture of the mute button.
Some people might want to go into a music level without hearing the coin sound. Others might like the normal coin sound and they want to hear that instead of the Halloween version. Muting is not a solution.

Koya wrote:

It's a temporary solution - and if someone fills their music with coins then it's their own fault.

Yeah, it's totally my fault that the coin sounds bad and now my music sounds bad because I totally changed the coin sound.

No. No. No. You are completely incorrect, my friend. That's just like saying to anyone who payed for chat whining about it being free nowadays that it is their fault they spent their money in something they didn't know would be free.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#40 2015-10-25 06:17:32, last edited by Abelysk (2015-10-25 06:17:55)

Abelysk

ZeldaXD wrote:
Falk wrote:

nyanyanyanYANYAN

On-topic: the answer is metaphor

Wooted by:

#41 2015-10-25 23:54:19

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

sorry guys but it is REALLY annoying. Ravatroll actually has a point. It honestly doesn't sound like much of anything. I get the gist but....

And I KNOW we can mute it but I'm just saying.

#42 2015-10-26 00:08:40

Spaceprobe

Is there just sound for coins, woots, likes, favorites ?

I have not noticed any other sound effects.

#43 2015-10-26 01:04:28

People make worlds with those Halloween coin sounds to troll you. I guess that's one way to take advantage of the coin sounds, but I wouldn't do that, trolls would.

G7AVE53.png

Made by anch159 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#44 2015-10-26 12:37:31

skullz17

@minimania, can I ask how (and why) would you incorporate coin sounds into your music?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#45 2015-10-28 13:18:37

madiik

Zoey2070 wrote:

i got good news for you buddy

i made an edited client like day two that has the normal sounds

https://www.fastswf.com/66n669Q

also note that this is for everybodyedits.com players not facebook or kongregate ;(

shh i have returned

#46 2015-10-28 22:31:51

Saturn

Just Do what they suggested till halloween is over.

Saturn1446067911553640

Board footer