Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-10-17 02:41:09, last edited by Calicara (2015-10-17 03:00:33)

Calicara

Re: Halloween campaign is nothing but arrow paths

Anyone who writes paragraph length responses with pseudo-logic are bound to get woots. But I'm not expecting people to agree with me, I'm just putting my opinion out there. I disagree with nlmdejonge's logic. Like 90% of levels are arrows/arrow paths, I don't know what he's expecting.

Furthermore, the irony is you claim:

ipwner wrote:

The pronoobs:

They attack in overwhelming majority by wooting or supporting the frontline pronoob

I guess that makes Norwegianboy a pronoob, and you his loyal flower follower. I don't know how you can insult people when you're so hypocritical. Grow up.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#27 2015-10-17 03:01:05

Minimania
Moderation Team

Just because 90 percent of levels are arrow paths does NOT mean that 100 percent of the campaign should be arrow paths. Leave a ten percent for the non-arrow path levels, yeah?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#28 2015-10-17 11:39:33, last edited by Areno (2015-10-17 14:17:08)

Areno

Well I don't have any problem with a world filled with arrow paths. But the problem is that in the last map, it feels like it takes forever to pass a mini because you have to be 99% precise or you'll get stuck forever.

So what OP is actually saying: "Don't make arrow paths minis that takes forever to pass &/or be 99% precise."

I say we should make arrow paths minis balanced that doesn't take long &/or be 99% precise.

PS I was about to finish the last map, but then I got disconnected TWICE. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Wooted by: (2)

#29 2015-10-19 23:24:50

DKLevels

nlmdejonge wrote:

At some point Nou wrote the staff would make the campaigns "as diverse as possible", but the Halloween campaign has levels with arrow paths everywhere.
It's horrible. You're not even pretending any more, are you?
I just finished that nonsense Jaa level and then I end up in more arrow poo in dklevels' level.
And from what I can tell this level is even worse. Terrible.

In my and my team's and the campaign's defence...

1. Pretty sure all those levels come from the 2011 contest, 4 years ago where arrow poo was all the minigame rage.
2. I didn't even make the minigames, and minigame making was pretty limited at the time
3. We tried to keep mini games do able and quite frankly arrow poo's are often self explanatory and easy enough
4. There hasn't really been an awful lot of halloween levels since said contest so Nou's choice was rather limited.
5. About needing to be 99% precise, pretty sure the physics changed a few times here and there, because I completed the level at the time it was made (and I was a noob) but probs wouldn't do it now.

So yeah basically idk what you expect from a level that old, its not great... but it's there, no one is forcing anyone to do it.

That is all. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#30 2015-10-19 23:32:52

AmdS
Website

DKLevels wrote:

no one is forcing anyone to do it.

The eye ball is

#31 2015-10-20 01:38:23, last edited by Slingshot (2015-10-20 01:38:34)

Slingshot
Website

Halloween campaign is nothing but timing bs

Wooted by:

#32 2015-10-20 03:11:09, last edited by Abelysk (2015-10-20 03:11:14)

Abelysk

AmdS wrote:
DKLevels wrote:

The eye ball is

You don't NEED to  get the eye ball though =p

#33 2015-10-20 03:20:24, last edited by Slingshot (2015-10-22 03:23:11)

Slingshot
Website

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
AmdS wrote:
DKLevels wrote:

The eye ball is

You don't NEED to  get the eye ball though =p

Eye Ball > Exclusive to campaign mode as a prize.

Event Campaign gone > You can no longer get it for a year.

#34 2015-10-20 04:00:16, last edited by Bobithan (2015-10-20 04:00:34)

Bobithan

I wouldn't say this problem is really about campaigns as much as it is all of Everybody Edits as a whole. The game doesn't really promote creativity when it comes to the actual level models other than a bunch of gravity based minigames strung together to make a cohesive experience, leaving us without too much a choice when it comes to skill based challenges, which is what higher end campaigns (ex: the Halloween campaign) are want to be. The only real changes to the core gameplay we have are just basic physics value changes (jump, gravity, speed) which all don't really add all too much to the game, along with hover which is just a pain to control and doesn't have much depth behind it. Along with that, every block that has the potential to add something interesting to gameplay is locked behind a paywall or a timewall which prevents new people from experimenting with these tools we've had for years now. Gravity based minigames are the easiest thing to make right now for any long-form world and it's to no fault but the game itself. If EE is to ever be reborn, something completely new has to happen so we don't have to make the same few minigames we've been playing for the past 5 years.

So obviously, what needs to happen is action blocks should have unlimited use and double jumping should be added.

aka towwl

Wooted by: (5)

#35 2015-10-20 04:03:46, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-10-20 04:46:59)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

- Arrowpath minigames that were deemed "pro" by Ex crew are the only accepted minigames.

Watch it.  'EX Crew' does not choose the campaign maps, and I'm one of the biggest champions of unique gameplay on this forum.

nlmdejonge wrote:

Find unique, innovative, fun, clever, entertaining, etc. levels.
If you've found them, combine themes and difficulties.
Finding "ways to make a difficult level" is basically off-topic.

I think you overestimate how many levels are out there along those lines that actually fit into a campaign structure.  For example, lots of "unique, innovative" levels require some degree of player interaction (like stairs, co-op maps, competitive maps), which makes them unsuitable for campaigns.  Or they require some sort of owner activity, like levels that need an owner to run a keypresser, bots, or active building.  Or they don't have any true "victory" conditions, like levels that are about trying to beat one's own personal best: speedruns, minimum deaths, don't hit coins, things like that.  Or they have such unique gameplay that there aren't any other maps they make sense to put together in a campaign.

With all the new design tools, there have been a lot more unique levels coming out in the past few months, but don't forget that most of the campaigns were put together back in the middle of the summer.  I expect (and hope) there will be more campaigns coming up that will have unique gameplay now that there are more unique maps to choose from.

#36 2015-10-20 04:16:11

Abelysk

Slingshot wrote:

Eye Ball > Exclusive to campaign mode as a prize.

So? You don't need the smiley... Good luck getting every smiley in EE

#37 2015-10-20 04:43:24

Schlog

I feel as if you just want Iraka to make all the campaign levels. I like a bit of challenge, but not to extreme extents.

#38 2015-10-20 06:22:35

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

- Arrowpath minigames that were deemed "pro" by Ex crew are the only accepted minigames.

Watch it.  'EX Crew' does not choose the campaign maps, and I'm one of the biggest champions of unique gameplay on this forum.

Never said Ex Crew chooses anything bro. I said that many people copies the Ex Crew minigame style because they set the bar when they got popular back in 2011. Many people have their own unique style but only minigames similar to those get accepted.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#39 2015-10-20 14:22:59

some woman

Slingshot wrote:

*rant*

you didn't miss the coindoor, you just got the coin to unlock it
and it's supposed to be a mini

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#40 2015-10-20 16:50:05, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-10-20 16:52:03)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Never said Ex Crew chooses anything bro. I said that many people copies the Ex Crew minigame style because they set the bar when they got popular back in 2011. Many people have their own unique style but only minigames similar to those get accepted.

What in the world are you talking about?  We made maps because we made maps.  We did not 'deem' anything.  Don't pin this on us just because we were popular.  We were popular because people liked the maps we made.

#41 2015-10-20 16:58:45

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

What in the world are you talking about?  We made maps because we made maps.  We did not 'deem' anything.  Don't pin this on us just because we were popular.  We were popular because people liked the maps we made.

I wanted to ask the same. I'm not blaming Ex crew for anything. I'm blaming other people for copying their style all the time and also the mods for almost only accepting levels with that template into campaign levels. Get your eyes checked.

Wooted by:

#42 2015-10-20 17:51:55

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I wanted to ask the same. I'm not blaming Ex crew for anything. I'm blaming other people for copying their style all the time and also the mods for almost only accepting levels with that template into campaign levels. Get your eyes checked.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Arrowpath minigames that were deemed "pro" by Ex crew

Those are literally your words.  We never did anything of the sort.  Perhaps this is a language translation error?

#43 2015-10-20 18:08:41

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Those are literally your words.  We never did anything of the sort.  Perhaps this is a language translation error?

Hmm yeah, mistake on my part. I meant it more like the public endorsing EX minis. I was not blaming EX crew for anything.

#44 2015-10-20 18:10:53

AmdS
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Hmm yeah, mistake on my part. I meant it more like the public endorsing EX minis. I was not blaming EX crew for anything.

So true

#45 2015-10-20 18:26:57, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-10-20 18:54:28)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Ok, no problem!

I want to point out that its not accurate to call them "EX minis".  In our maps we were usually trying to push the envelope in one way or another, but the style is not much different from maps that thousands of people have been creating since the start of the game.  A series of minigames in a row, with blocks and arrows in different positions.  Thats basically the same way any "200 minigames" map is designed.  We weren't popular because we *invented* the style, we just added a lot of new elements.

That was a limitation of the game, not of what we wanted to do.  A lot of the kind of unique maps that come out now, weren't possible when we were making a lot of maps.  For example, puzzles or exploration maps that require multiple switches weren't possible back then.  The recent contest had a ton of maps with lots of invisible portals; those weren't possible either.  We didn't have boosts and only a few keys.   In-game art wasn't really possible either, which is why we used minimap art.

A lot of the maps in the campaigns are older maps, and the vast majority of "creative" older maps were creative within that "series of minigames" framework.  Just because the designs seem boring and ordinary now doesn't mean they were ordinary back then.  It was HARD to make anything "unique and creative" for several years, and I could count the number of builders who made unique levels on my fingers.

Of course, if you wanted something "unique and interesting" for the Halloween campaign, maybe they could have added the portal-heavy Halloween pinball level (http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWTZxwX9MRbEI), made by. . . EX Crew.

#46 2015-10-20 18:27:02, last edited by Kira (2015-10-20 18:28:00)

Kira

?????

Since when Ex Crew were the first to make "Arrow paths" minigames?

It's only pure logic that arrows soon or later would've been used in the gameplay. I don't see how, the community in general, "copied" Ex crew in any way.

Reading the lines of Ipwner and NorwegianBoy seems like you guys are always the one who makes the awesome smooth innovative worlds.

May i redirect you directly to this thread where Ipwner is clearly praising NorwegianBoy work: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=28151

However, you are the type of persons who doesn't accept criticize and we can't really blame you for that.

As I said before, the Halloween campaign contains a lot of good and bad points but nothing is perfect right?

Wooted by:

#47 2015-10-20 18:39:31

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

lel have you been in skull citadel

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#48 2015-10-20 19:04:18, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-10-20 19:07:57)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

Kira wrote:

Reading the lines of Ipwner and NorwegianBoy seems like you guys are always the one who makes the awesome smooth innovative worlds.

May i redirect you directly to this thread where Ipwner is clearly praising NorwegianBoy work: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=28151

Wait a second.  They were irritated at me because I was fooled by a minigame that was designed to look awful and was actually meant to fool people?

Those are generally called illusions.  They're called illusions because we first made that kind of nonsense with a level called "Illusion".  Fooling people is a *good* thing.  You should feel good about it.

NorwegianBoyEE, I have to ask, how many levels have you actually played by other builders?  A LOT of unique levels were made by people who also made the type of levels you appear to hold in contempt.  My profile has more maps that would be characterized as "weird ****" rather than "arrow path minigames".  Same for some of the other EX Crew members.

#49 2015-10-21 05:16:19

Xfrogman43

Slingshot wrote:

d93zaTe.png

Alright, this just ticks me off. I missed the coin door down on the ground and it appears I can't get back because of the arrows. WHY in the world would there be another entrance to a later puzzle next to the coin door, let alone WHY would the entrance to the next puzzle be in the ground?! Players could've easily miss that. Especially for the fact that you exit the previous puzzle from above probably holding on the left arrow key. In fact, the player with the purple ghost smiley in the picture ALSO missed the door. Of course he had enough coins to go back to an earlier puzzle, but in my situation, I have no such option.

5FzSa0a.png
Found the solution  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#50 2015-10-21 11:11:02, last edited by Norwee (2015-10-21 11:12:04)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

NorwegianBoyEE, I have to ask, how many levels have you actually played by other builders?  A LOT of unique levels were made by people who also made the type of levels you appear to hold in contempt.  My profile has more maps that would be characterized as "weird poop" rather than "arrow path minigames".  Same for some of the other EX Crew members.

I have played many levels by quote "other builders." I have played since 2011 and have seen very very many levels. I'm not sure why you want to know that.

Sure there might be alot of creativity in your profiles, but what we get in the campaigns is the same type of levels i dislike. There's no point ranting about how everyone has creative levels when they are not found in the campaigns which is what i have been trying to convey this entire time.

If people like Kira says i am promoting me and Ipwners levels then he is twisting my words and trying to make me sound like some some sort of self-praising machiavellist by bringing up topics that are entirely out of the picture.

Wooted by:
nlmdejonge1445805272552961

Board footer