Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-25 09:58:45, last edited by iPwner (2015-05-25 18:18:44)

iPwner
Website

A Reply to Mihb's Nashty Comments

I was banned at the time this was posted and only noticed it just now. This is taken from this topic: "http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … pid=495250"
Here is basically what I am replying to:

khwamwiklcrit wrote:

This is directly taken from Norwegianboy Torture world.

no6jymz.jpg

Please copy the mini above and test this mini. Do you think it is impossible for all pros?

Don't forget that if it's really not possible, tell NORWEGIANBOY to fix it and make it easier! big_smile

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:

Back in the early days of EE, there was this one fellow who would make these extremely long, difficult levels.  Myself and others hated those levels.  We thought they were poorly designed with idiotic minigames.

Thats the type of minigame he would make.  Whether or not its possible isn't a very interesting question; its too crap to be worth the time to play.

A bunch of other noobz wrote:

*a bunch of woots and stuff agreeing with mihb and saying how these minis suck*

~

Ok first off, I'd like to congratulate this fellow for getting this far on Norwegian Torture. :D

To begin, norwegianboy is definitely my favorite level creator merely due to his ingenious puzzle makin skills and fun minis. He doesn't load the minimap with pointless bull to make it seem "beautiful" while making ingame seem horrendous, but values the actual in-game looks n feels. Instead of creating these brainless arrowminis in which you basically just hold arrow keys to win, he creates difficult platforming and puzzles that actually requires some logic, self awareness, and concentration. To this date I haven't seen anyone match the quality of his epics, including me. I guess it takes a sort of artistic appreciation of things instead of blindly following mainstream opinion to realize how awesome these minis are.

The most hilarious bit:

It should be ridiculing to everyone in that topic to realize that this is actually a PUZZLE mini. Yes, you jump up that null ID-less portal on the left and due to the physics, it gives you a slight boost and allows you to get on top of that platform to beat the mini. All the stuff on the right is just tomfoolery, and everyone single person in that topic fell for it and thought you actually had to complete that stuff. Everyone fell for it. That in itself shows that this mini is not what Mihb claims it to be, but actually...

True genius.

Just standing up for norwegianboy's awesome minis cause no one defended him then. :D

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#2 2015-05-25 14:05:55

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: A Reply to Mihb's Nashty Comments

Thank you for your excellently written reply Ipwner. I would reply to the topic myself if you had not.
I have tested the mini and it appears that the mini is broken due to an physics update so it is sadly not possible at all. I have fixed the mini and i would be happy if people could be more mature about this kind of problem instead of jumping into the flame-war wagon of insulting people due to their minigame style. Truly this is an age where being creative or differing yourself from the masses is rewarded with insults and seclusion.
The amount of insulting and hate in that topic was atrocious so i am glad it was locked and we can start in a better position.
If anyone has more questions about my levels feel free to give me a PM instead of posting topics on this forum that is obviously biased.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2015-05-25 14:06:06

Stagecrew

From picture it's logical to assume it's just a bad minigame. You can't tell in a picture if a portal is null id - it could lead back to the previous mini! Sure, you could figure it out when playing if you're smart and had the context that the level had puzzles, but by just seeing the picture it looks like something you'd see in a really annoying "challenge" level.

I admit the illusion is clever but you really cannot blame anyone for thinking otherwise.

Wooted by: (5)

#4 2015-05-25 14:51:03

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Stagecrew wrote:

From picture it's logical to assume it's just a bad minigame. You can't tell in a picture if a portal is null id - it could lead back to the previous mini! Sure, you could figure it out when playing if you're smart and had the context that the level had puzzles, but by just seeing the picture it looks like something you'd see in a really annoying "challenge" level.

I admit the illusion is clever but you really cannot blame anyone for thinking otherwise.

Yeah i wish people would have either played the level or left it alone. Because if you had actually reached that point you would clearly know that the level has puzzles. The reason the mini is impossible is because the game has been updated so one could no longer gain that slight "portal push" if you jumped up against a NULL ID portal. It is sad that people had to take khwamwiklcrit`s perfectly logical question towards my level and pervert it to the most offensive thread i have ever seen.

Wooted by:

#5 2015-05-25 15:43:29, last edited by BEE (2015-05-25 15:43:47)

BEE

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I would reply to the topic myself if you had not.

But.. he didn't reply to the topic for a really long time, so why didn't you reply? It sounds like it would have been an easy reply at the time and would have fixed it them and there: "Actually its a broken puzzle/illusion mini".

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#6 2015-05-25 16:51:40

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

BEE wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I would reply to the topic myself if you had not.

But.. he didn't reply to the topic for a really long time, so why didn't you reply? It sounds like it would have been an easy reply at the time and would have fixed it them and there: "Actually its a broken puzzle/illusion mini".

Because i did not see the topic before it was locked. Also he did not contact me so it is not that surprising considering i get email notifications of PM's and replies but not new topics that do not mention the name of either me or the level in the headline.

Wooted by:

#7 2015-05-25 17:19:12, last edited by iPwner (2015-05-25 18:11:49)

iPwner
Website

Stagecrew wrote:

It actually can be told if you use your brain. The jump on the right is quite clearly impossible if you look at the jump and the positioning of the arrows.

Of course pronoobs jump immediately to attacked it and flowers back it up with overwhelming support. It's partially their fault for not realizing it, but moreso for just blindly attacking in swarms anything that's not something familiar to them, or if they don't even have context. Obviously you people still get the overwhelming support. Even on this topic, whilst you admit that I am right and the mini was clever contrary to mihb's words, the first post still has less woots than a post defending Mihb for this ignorant and disgusting comment.  This same blatant attacking while admitting nothing you do is wrong / failing to acknowledge that that topic is just a hate parade of woots is almost being replicated in this topic. You simply can't admit when the truth has been revealed. Odd.

Although, there is an answer behind this! Read the EE Dictionary's section of "flowers" and "pronoobs" (which is in my signature) to understand this phenomenon. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Also it's miraculously ridiculous but I feel like my WHOLE answer here is basically described by what norwegianboy said BEFORE you even posted, but you completely grazed over his points. o.o

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I have fixed the mini and i would be happy if people could be more mature about this kind of problem instead of jumping into the flame-war wagon of insulting people due to their minigame style. Truly this is an age where being creative or differing yourself from the masses is rewarded with insults and seclusion.
The amount of insulting and hate in that topic was atrocious so i am glad it was locked and we can start in a better position.

TL;DR : You people admit the mini was clever, yet are still blindly backing up Mihb for "just not knowing" and that post is getting more woots than the post that actually exposes him. His mistake to realize that doesn't excuse this blatant hatred... yet you people completely ignore this fact.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#8 2015-05-25 18:25:27, last edited by Stagecrew (2015-05-25 18:36:48)

Stagecrew

You got my intentions all wrong. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad I wasn't saying the mini was bad in any way iPwner, I was just saying you shouldn't attack people for making the obvious conclusion with what they were given.

iPwner wrote:

It actually can be told if you use your brain. The jump on the right is quite clearly impossible if you look at the jump and the positioning of the arrows.

a) No, I don't think it's clearly impossible. It looks like it could be done with an edge jump. (Note too that the platform is only 3 blocks up, not 4)
b) Even if it was clearly impossible then it looks like it could just be poorly designed (which is probably on purpose here, so the illusion is less obvious) and it's reasonable to assume just from the picture that there is no way to finish.

Like I said before, I wasn't involved at all but it's a perfectly reasonable assumption. Yes mihb was wrong about the mini, but anyone who was just given the picture would think the same because it applies to the hundreds of minis that look exactly like it. In fact, the mini was designed to make people think that, because, well, it's an illusion! So please, cut him some slack -- it was even harder given that he didn't know it was in a puzzle level. He may have been harsh, but it's honest for what he thought he saw.

iPwner wrote:

Also it's miraculously ridiculous but I feel like my WHOLE answer here is basically described by what norwegianboy said BEFORE you even posted, but you completely grazed over his points. o.o

Our post times were very close together. I was writing my post when he made his response, and I didn't see it until I was done.

If it hadn't been mihb, I would still defend them. Simply put, nobody did anything wrong.

Wooted by:

#9 2015-05-25 18:45:38, last edited by iPwner (2015-05-25 18:48:31)

iPwner
Website

Stagecrew wrote:

I wasn't saying the mini was bad in any way ipwner.

Our post times were very close together. I was writing my post when he made his response, and I didn't see it until I was done.

If it hadn't been mihb, I would still defend them. Simply put, nobody did anything wrong.

Yeah.. except there was a paradoxal misunderstanding here. ;p You didn't understand what I said, because I actually acknowledged in the major chunk of my reply that you thought it was a clever mini. Also you still haven't really replied to the main argument me and norwegianboy have here, in that why are you all denying that he WAS wrong? I personally think that comment was unnecessarily hateful/agressive, but even if it wasn't his fault for "just not knowing", he still was incorrect. He WAS incorrect about the mini being a "crappy one". The same thing is being replicated here, I just was exposing Mihb for that comment and how it was not correct, but your post is still getting a ton of woots and are ignoring the fact he was wrong. Instead of acknowledging this, you are defending him for not knowing. All I'm saying, flowers, is maybe just think before bombarding ignorant posts with woots because they're emitted by pronoobs. Can you people simply accept the fact he was incorrect, condemn that hate topic, and move on? I'm starting to think no one even read me/norboys posts we made in this topic...

Im A ®a®ity ®

#10 2015-05-25 18:57:10, last edited by Stagecrew (2015-05-25 19:00:08)

Stagecrew

iPwner wrote:
Stagecrew wrote:

Yeah.. except there was a paradoxal misunderstanding here. ;p You didn't understand what I said, because I actually acknowledged in the major chunk of my reply that you thought it was a clever mini. Also you still haven't really replied to the main argument me and norwegianboy have here, in that why are you all denying that he WAS wrong? I personally think that comment was unnecessarily hateful/agressive, but even if it wasn't his fault for "just not knowing", he still was incorrect. He WAS incorrect about the mini being a "crappy one". The same thing is being replicated here, I just was exposing Mihb for that comment and how it was not correct, but your post is still getting a ton of woots and are ignoring the fact he was wrong. Instead of acknowledging this, you are defending him for not knowing. All I'm saying, flowers, is maybe just think before bombarding ignorant posts with woots because they're emitted by pronoobs. I'm starting to think no one even read me/norboys posts now...

I quote: "Yes mihb was wrong about the mini". I'm not denying it at all, I blatantly said it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I fully accept that he was wrong, and we can move on from that now. Mihb was not being hateful towards the creator, he was just being harsh because he thought what he saw was bad and gave some brutally honest advice for what he thought was the case.

I can totally understand how if you read it knowing the mini is actually good it comes off as hateful, but imagine it was a picture of a row of 1x1s. Is it still hateful? Personally, I think mihb meant no harm towards norwegianboy.

Wooted by:

#11 2015-05-25 18:59:44

iPwner
Website

Stagecrew wrote:
iPwner wrote:
Stagecrew wrote:

Yeah.. except there was a paradoxal misunderstanding here. ;p You didn't understand what I said, because I actually acknowledged in the major chunk of my reply that you thought it was a clever mini. Also you still haven't really replied to the main argument me and norwegianboy have here, in that why are you all denying that he WAS wrong? I personally think that comment was unnecessarily hateful/agressive, but even if it wasn't his fault for "just not knowing", he still was incorrect. He WAS incorrect about the mini being a "crappy one". The same thing is being replicated here, I just was exposing Mihb for that comment and how it was not correct, but your post is still getting a ton of woots and are ignoring the fact he was wrong. Instead of acknowledging this, you are defending him for not knowing. All I'm saying, flowers, is maybe just think before bombarding ignorant posts with woots because they're emitted by pronoobs. I'm starting to think no one even read me/norboys posts now...

I quote: "Yes mihb was wrong about the mini". I'm not denying it at all, I blatantly said it. :P Mihb was not being hateful towards the creator, he was just being harsh because he thought what he saw was bad and gave some brutally honest advice for what he thought was the case.

I can totally understand how if you read it knowing the mini is actually good it seems hateful, but imagine it was a picture of a row of 1x1s. Is it still hateful? Personally, I think mihb meant no harm towards norwegianboy.

Meh alright, fair enough. :D

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#12 2015-05-25 21:36:25

Koto

Genius or not, I don't think boxes add much to the ingame look and feel.  Now, that is a clever idea, one I have seen used and even used before myself (see MG Anniversary).  The solution is still something that once you know it, it requires no skill to pass, taking away any fun I could ever have with the mini, outside of the initial figuring it out feeling of 'fun'.  I always see massive/great/huge worlds by Norwegianboy, and I've played enough of them to recognize his style.  I think the maps would be more tolerable on a smaller scale, same difficulty however.  Ingame feel is important, but you cant really use that as an argument when it's still box minis.

#13 2015-05-29 06:36:37

Mainx

Everyone are afraid to disagree with MIHB, because he's a god.

*fart*
*fart*

TIeZQ7T.png     SXgDEBO.png

HE uses EEArtist. Told u lol.

Wooted by:

#14 2015-05-29 20:26:48

Evilbunny

That post wasn't even really negative. Mostly just opinions. MIHB got woots because most people agreed that hard minis aren't fun to them. I'm sure that it was a wonderful level, but it probably doesn't appeal to most people.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#15 2015-05-29 20:38:25, last edited by Norwee (2015-05-29 20:38:59)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Evilbunny wrote:

That post wasn't even really negative. Mostly just opinions. MIHB got woots because most people agreed that hard minis aren't fun to them. I'm sure that it was a wonderful level, but it probably doesn't appeal to most people.

I found it as extremely negative though you may disagree. Also i can totally understand people not liking hard levels... That is definitely an opinion and i respect people for it. They can play stair levels and 100 minigames to code if they wish. Just do not insult the works of people who take the time to make different and more difficult levels.

#16 2015-05-29 20:58:06

Calicara

You wanna talk about flowers? This whole topic is just a pronoob flower garden, being watered by the tears of ipwner whining complaints. Why don't you just ignore it, and learn to accept a little criticism? Hard minis do not equate fun minis, nor do easy minis equate to a boring world. KOTO and Stagecrew have some valid complaints. I think both you flowers (ipwner and Norweigianboy) need to get over yourselves.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#17 2015-05-29 21:20:23

Mainx

Calicara wrote:

You wanna talk about flowers? This whole topic is just a pronoob flower garden, being watered by the tears of ipwner whining complaints. Why don't you just ignore it, and learn to accept a little criticism? Hard minis do not equate fun minis, nor do easy minis equate to a boring world. KOTO and Stagecrew have some valid complaints. I think both you flowers (ipwner and Norweigianboy) need to get over yourselves.

Never had fun with easy minis. It's absolute waste of time. It's pretty much the same as if I opened an empty world and jumped in it for about 15 mins.

#18 2015-05-29 21:41:38

skullz17

MIHB didn't actually review the world though.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#19 2015-05-29 21:53:35

Calicara

Mainx wrote:

Never had fun with easy minis. It's absolute waste of time. It's pretty much the same as if I opened an empty world and jumped in it for about 15 mins.

Congratulations little snowflake. Unfortunately for you, you aren't the only player in EE with an opinion. A minis 'fun' isn't determined by their difficulty. It's a subjective player experience, and everyone views it differently.

tgA1y17.jpg

#20 2015-05-29 21:58:52, last edited by Mainx (2015-05-29 22:00:59)

Mainx

Calicara wrote:
Mainx wrote:

Congratulations little snowflake. Unfortunately for you, you aren't the only player in EE with an opinion. A minis 'fun' isn't determined by their difficulty. It's a subjective player experience, and everyone views it differently.

No.

EDIT: Your words are too complicated, btw. No matter which words you choose to state that easy minis are fun, it's always an embarrassing thing to say.

#21 2015-05-29 22:06:01, last edited by Calicara (2015-05-29 22:06:09)

Calicara

So basically your argument is:

Mainx wrote:

I can't understand you, so I'm just going to disagree because I can.

???

I'm done here.

tgA1y17.jpg

#22 2015-05-29 22:08:35

Mainx

Calicara wrote:

So basically your argument is:

Mainx wrote:

I can't understand you, so I'm just going to disagree because I can.

???

I'm done here.

Bai.

Wooted by:

#23 2015-05-29 22:14:43

skullz17

Considering MIHB didn't play the world, and most likely didn't realise the mini was a clever illusion, it was not a fair criticism. It's not fair to tell Norwegianboy to "learn to accept a little criticism".

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#24 2015-05-29 22:47:55, last edited by Calicara (2015-05-29 22:48:30)

Calicara

skullz17 wrote:

Considering MIHB didn't play the world, and most likely didn't realise the mini was a clever illusion, it was not a fair criticism. It's not fair to tell Norwegianboy to "learn to accept a little criticism".

That's fine, but it's also no reason to make an entire topic dedicated to a single comment. This could have easily been solved via a PM.

tgA1y17.jpg

#25 2015-05-30 01:48:52

Calicara wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

That's fine, but it's also no reason to make an entire topic dedicated to a single comment. This could have easily been solved via a PM.

Not being personal, but it's iPwner.

Wooted by:
nlmdejonge1432995685508441

Board footer