Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-02 16:12:52

Nou

Campaign user agreement & general info

m5u9yNC.png

Now that Campaigns are available to everyone, we would like to start receiving more campaign suggestions from the community (for the requirements/guidelines, click here).

Because having a world added to a campaign has some consequences for your world, I've decided to post the Campaign world user agreement here to clarify some issues.

Note: you don't actually have to sign here, it's just an example.

I would also like to add that the staff members cannot teleport people, enter god mode, or edit whenever they wish in campaign worlds. Edits can be made, but the world needs to be taken out of campaign mode through the database. This means that asking for help by teleporting has no use.

Campaign world user agreement.

Hi!
Congratulations! Your level has been selected to be part of a campaign. However, to make a world part of a campaign, some changes in rights have to be made. Of course, we will only make it part of a campaign if you allow us to do so, because it has some consequences for you and your world:

1: You are locked out of your world
    - Lose edit rights
    - Lose kicking rights

In order to make it fair for everyone, you will lose most rights you would have in your own world. Instead, joining the world would make it seem like you are in someone else's world. This way, you will have to beat the level like everyone else and others can't be teleported or given god mode to cheat their way to the end. However, once you have beaten your own world in the campaign, you will be given access to the powers of /givegod. This allows you to enter and exit godmode by pressing G, without the ability to edit. Note: in campaign mode you will only be given the powers to use it, not to give it to others!

2: You may request edit if really, really, REALLY, necessary
If a terrible exploit in a mini is found, you may request edit rights from one of the admins, who will then decide whether it is justified. Again, only if really, really, REALLY necessary.

3: Your name will still be there to credit you
It still says "By: X" so people will know who made it.

4: It will still be on your profile
It will stay on your profile because it's still your world.

5: You will be offered an empty world of equal size for compensation
You will get a free world of equal size of that to the world added to the campaign.
Furthermore, in order for your world to be added to a campaign, it must meet the following requirements:

1: You cannot make any more edits
Once your world is part of a campaign, it cannot be edited anymore! So make sure you test your world very, very well before handing it over. If there are exploits or holes in the map, this will be problematic later.

2: The staff has the right to make any edits
A world needs to have a win trophy in the world in order for it to work. Your world may have been created before these were available, or you have chosen not to add one; it must still have one before adding one, and we may do this ourselves, while discussing this with you. Similarly, world portals are not allowed. For any reason, we may edit the world to meet the requirements.

3: The staff will moderate these levels just like others
You will lose your kicking rights, but the staff takes over here. Use /report as usual.

4: Beta only worlds are not accepted
We cannot accept beta only worlds because they need to be available to everyone.

5: Optional: your crew name will still be there to credit your crew
You can add your crew name to be credited alongside your own.

6: Note: This cannot be reverted!
We want to make absolutely clear that, once it's part of a campaign, it will remain part of that campaign. This means you will lose your rights and they will not be given back!

Name:
Date of issue:
Date of signing:
Favourite pokemon:

No u.

#2 2017-07-11 14:11:54

Anatoly

Re: Campaign user agreement & general info

Nou wrote:

4: Beta only worlds are not accepted
We cannot accept beta only worlds because they need to be available to everyone.

Can't Normal Levels become Beta Levels and same otherwise? I mean it's still "Room", so there has to be a bool IsBeta and so on

@ForumMods
Btw.

#3 2017-07-11 17:05:12

Gosha

AnatolyEE wrote:

so there has to be a bool IsBeta

No
They are completely different room type
Everybodyedits<version> - type of the normal world
Beta<version> - type of the beta world

Also they have different starting
OW - open world
PW - private world
BW - beta world

I am not sure not campaigns work. Do they duplicate player's worlds or mark them like campaigns?
If they duplicate - sure you can just copy world data (blocks and stuff) and make it into campaign level
If they mark them as campaigns - rip. Because normal players can't just beta worlds

#4 2017-07-11 17:37:01

John

Pretty sure they just tag it in the Database, and add it to AntiCheatData and probably another one because EE sends the campaign info when you join the lobby.

PW?scale=2

#5 2017-07-12 07:01:59

peace

Gosha wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

so there has to be a bool IsBeta

No
They are completely different room type
Everybodyedits<version> - type of the normal world
Beta<version> - type of the beta world

Also they have different starting
OW - open world
PW - private world
BW - beta world

I am not sure not campaigns work. Do they duplicate player's worlds or mark them like campaigns?
If they duplicate - sure you can just copy world data (blocks and stuff) and make it into campaign level
If they mark them as campaigns - rip. Because normal players can't just beta worlds

well i heard you get an empty world of the same size back... idk if it duplicates tehn or not i guess not because then where goes the other blocks to?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2018-07-05 16:57:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Why do The Square and Good Egg Galaxy have world portals if it's against the user agreement?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#7 2018-07-05 17:27:47, last edited by Nebula (2018-07-05 17:29:05)

Nebula

N1KF wrote:

Why do The Square and Good Egg Galaxy have world portals if it's against the user agreement?

TOOP is staff before back then he owned The Square campaign world.

#8 2018-07-05 18:31:28

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Same reason tutorial #1 does, i imagine. They don't care.

suddenly random sig change

#9 2018-07-05 20:21:49, last edited by peace (2018-07-05 20:22:14)

peace

tutorails go to the next one

EDIT: and i wanna be the guy also has worl dportals if im right

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2018-07-05 21:21:25

Nebula

Slabdrill wrote:

Same reason tutorial #1 does, i imagine. They don't care.

the world is owned by staff before too.

#11 2018-11-02 19:04:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

"Happy Spookaween!" also has a world portal. Is it safe to assume the part of the agreement about world portals can be ignored?

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (3)
N1KF1541181854730252

Board footer