Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-07-04 02:58:56

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: The EE dictionary~

Creature wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

"pronoobs" create an entire document

Link please.

I think iPwner was either trying to be funny, wanted to create a complaints doc to share with others or is just a autist wanting to do something.

I was the one who came up with the idea. He made the document and then we wrote pretty much fifty-fifty. Im not completely certain what the document is, but it is pretty much a mix of inside jokes, humour and complaints like you said. Mental illnesses do not play that much of a part in this as far as i know. We just wanted to have some fun, even if said fun might be taken as super offensive for others.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#27 2015-07-04 03:05:34, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-07-04 03:10:13)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

BuzzerBee wrote:

but I've never seen any of the "pronoobs" create an entire document specifically intended to hurt others.

Literally this lol. I stand by my other post where I said that some of what is in there (if you can get past the weird vocabulary) is true, but wow is it pretentious and rude, and honestly a gigantic waste of time to write a long booty dictionary trying to define roles in a flash game community.

Also I'm slightly offended that I was only mentioned because I am on Jawapas friends list.

Wooted by: (3)

#28 2015-07-04 04:59:59, last edited by Surfbro (2015-07-04 05:07:30)

Surfbro

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Surfbro wrote:

Oh look! Oh look! The EE dictionary! The dictionary that has the most drama ever! WOW I CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE ANOTHER RELEASE, OH JOY!!!

*Also known as sarcasm*

This is the first time we actually made a topic on the forums about our dictionary. What do you mean by "another release"?
This seems like an attempt of a flower to protect the pronoobs reputation. Notice the use of caps lock meant to misdirect us from the fact that the comment makes no sense whatsoever. Read more in the dictionary to learn about the cruel tactics (attacktics) in use by the Pronoobs.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

What do you mean by "another release"?

Well, iv seen this "Dictionary" before and i know this isn't the first thing you guys released...
(Not saying that you posted it on the forums though, but it sure did get around the community!)

Haha "flower" you mean the plant right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BuzzerBee wrote:

The only problem I have with this is that you guys are basically trying to split groups of friends apart, and that it's blatantly rude to some people.

I have to agree with that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, i think this little "dictionary" thing is rude for some people and you guys just want attention!

*Claps* *Claps* *Claps*

ZS7JxlU.png?1

#29 2015-07-04 05:22:41

Nickolai

Why even give this attention? It's exactly what they want. just ignore it and move on. let them have their fun with their jokes.

#30 2015-07-04 08:46:20, last edited by Abelysk (2015-07-04 08:46:37)

Abelysk

This is scary. But a little humorous sometimes.

#31 2015-07-04 09:25:10, last edited by 1448 (2015-07-04 09:26:07)

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

I <3 DIS POST BEST POST EVAH!!!!

Also, haters who think they do this for attention, buzz off. This is the most accurate ever. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

P.S. I pm'ed ipwner about what group I belonged to, and I think I deleted the pm cuz i dont see it in my inbox. I got:

a bi-proepicz forummadickt pronoob or something. I forgot.

#32 2015-07-04 11:08:26

nlmdejonge

Summary of those 29 pages:

----------
iPwner and Norwegianboy have written and published a document titled The DICKtionary. The document, that they started writing on May 9th, primarily describes three groups of players of the game Everybody Edits: the flower, the pro-noob, and the pro-epic. The document has satirical and comical aspects, and is mainly used by its authors to vent frustration at what they perceive to be problematic consequences of the game community's current social hierarchy and groupthink.

The pro-epic players, as the writers (also) see themselves, are creative; their levels unique. The gameplay in levels created by pro-noob players, on the other hand, is uninspired: traversing such levels boils down to passing "diarrhea arrow minis" in whatever space was left after the creation of overvalued minimap art. The flower players are those who follow, defend and praise the pro-noob players.

The document goes on to describe various categories of people and additional terminology, that is, to a greater or lesser degree, related to aforementioned groups. For example, "pro-noob converters" turn players who show promise into pro-noob players, "noob darlings" are pro-noob players in pairs, "artsy fartsies" are 'super' pro-noob players, and so on. All of these are included in the document primarily to explain the degree in which they are in support of either the pro-epic players or the pro-noob and flower players. Everything else in the document is basically unrelated rambling: how to troll and how not to, problems with bot levels, the impact of age on social behavior, etc.
----------

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2015-07-04 11:13:45

Cola1

BobyJo still exists?

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#34 2015-07-04 11:43:06

nlmdejonge

(Because of Cola1 I'm not double posting. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

I want to add, and I want to do this in a post separate from the summary I wrote, that while I agree with the scope of the document - and expressed similar feelings years ago - I think this thread should be locked and the link to the document should be removed from the first post. The way the authors talk about fellow community members is, here and there, appalling. The writers can claim these things are comedy (and thus subjective art, or whatever) and fiction all they want, but as a community we should not allow the name-calling. Authors, it shouldn't be difficult to make the document family-friendly. (Deleting it, for example, does that.)

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by:

#35 2015-07-04 13:55:12

Insanity

This was a sad attempt to insult anyone lmao

I find it pretty nice that a couple of cute kids were able to cooperate and create a document. It's creative sure, but I think reading some of it gave me aids and you probably offended nearly everyone on the forum so good job

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#36 2015-07-04 15:26:40

Calicara

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I was the one who came up with the idea. He made the document and then we wrote pretty much fifty-fifty. Im not completely certain what the document is, but it is pretty much a mix of inside jokes, humour and complaints like you said. Mental illnesses do not play that much of a part in this as far as i know. We just wanted to have some fun, even if said fun might be taken as super offensive for others.

The problem is though, what you are calling 'fun' is actually hurtful and offensive to others. Like I said, there is a difference between satire and just being plain mean. What your dictionary does is hail you, Ipwner, and your friends as some EE saviors and demonizes the people you hate. It's not like the labels are the problem, it's the fact that you are going out of your way to attack people based on your personal opinions, rather than how they actually act.

Satire makes fun of people for being stupid. What you have written is just plain hurtful to the community, and it's not 'fun' for the rest of us. That is why I think this topic should be locked. Just because we (mostly) have the freedom to say what we want, doesn't mean we should. It's important (for the most part) to be respectful of other peoples feelings and beliefs.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#37 2015-07-04 17:37:17

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Wd6jLyI.png

so, after like a day of debating, i'm going to close this because
a) it's causing a lot of unnecessary drama
b) this is literally a burn book
c) i spent time making that photoshop and now i have to use it

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Zoey20701436027837518883

Board footer