Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Koto

Art/Minis/Both? Which do you build first?

Back when I was in MG, we always made the art first, and added minis into it.   I know stagecrew makes his together at the same time.   I've recently gotten in the habit of making the entire gameplay for my map before having art added.   How do you build your maps?   What do you do first?

#2 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

Re: Art/Minis/Both? Which do you build first?

To make a map from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

#3 Before February 2015

Anch

I usually make some art, then add some minis, and keep going. I make some changes sometimes.

#4 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Tachyonic wrote:

To make a map from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

nothing in the op mentioned making a map from scratch. nice try though

#5 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

When i'm doing basic art i prefer doing both at the same time, when i try doing """"""""""pro""""""""" art i try doing first gameplay better than art, otherwise it becomes an arrow invasion.

gLjTZE1.png

#6 Before February 2015

skullz17

I always do art first. Most of my levels are art levels with minis fitted in wherever they can fit. I should try doing minis first some time; it's something I've never tried before.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 Before February 2015

Creature

I don't know anything about making art, but if i know, i would start with art, so i can plan mini to fit in art.

This is a false statement.

#8 Before February 2015

Bobyy

I build the Art first but when I try making the art I try factoring a path for the minis along the way so that the mini-makers don't have to do that much work when finding a path or editing the art at all so they could add minis.

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#9 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

AFK Zone. for sure.

Well not a world maker here, and even when I do, I do either one of them purely.

#10 Before February 2015

dragonranger

Art first, minis next, nearly never change the art unless the mini MUST require it. Likely because i like making minis in enclosed areas (as shown by all my   very unpopular maps...)

#11 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Artfirst!

#12 Before February 2015

Koto

Art first seems to be the most popular answer..... why?

#13 Before February 2015

TiKen

Aoitenshi wrote:

Artfirst!

EWyF19H.jpg

#14 Before February 2015

Lictor666

That depends if I make an adventure world (just little challenges, Tokebot's style) or level with few but more sought minigames, probably more harder.

For the first world style, I create art and minis in the same time, and I don't come back on art/mini after.
For the second world style, first I sketch, then I include minigames, and after that, I finalise the art.

But of course, in reality I don't alway do like that !

#15 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Because then you know where to make your minis around it.

/Alex

#16 Before February 2015

Koto

Alexthementalone wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Because then you know where to make your minis around it.

/Alex

Yeah, but you could make a bunch of awesome minis, and put them together, and make art around them, too, that way you don't have to worry about making a good mini in an awkwardly shaped area.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Jul 16 2014 2:09:01 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

skullz17

Well some levels focus more on the art, and the creator wants the minimap to just be a really nice looking piece of art, without showing any sign of minis on the minimap. That's the kind of map you get when you do art first, which is most of my maps, and seems like it's most of other people's maps as well. When you do minis first, you can see the minis on the minimap, but it still has art.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#18 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

if you do minigames first, you find true harmony

#19 Before February 2015

Koto

skullz16 wrote:

Well some levels focus more on the art, and the creator wants the minimap to just be a really nice looking piece of art, without showing any sign of minis on the minimap. That's the kind of map you get when you do art first, which is most of my maps, and seems like it's most of other people's maps as well. When you do minis first, you can see the minis on the minimap, but it still has art.

That's a good point, actually.

#20 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
skullz16 wrote:

I disagree maps with just art and crap minis, is like i just need to open the map   and press "goto lobby", no reason to keep there if i don't like what im playing, no matter how well it looks.

gLjTZE1.png

#21 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Just take the bee and dazz route. You don't need minis if your art is fantastic enough !

#22 Before February 2015

dragonranger

ZeldaXD wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:
skullz16 wrote:

I disagree maps with just art and crap minis, is like i just need to open the map   and press "goto lobby", no reason to keep there if i don't like what im playing, no matter how well it looks.

Did you even read the posts?
Its about whether minis are VISIBLE on the minimap, not crap, as I make my worlds
Make art, use invisi blocks and arrows to make minis without ruining the minimap art

#23 Before February 2015

Koto

Doesn't have to mean that they are all visible, if the art is done right.

Koto142394075220680

Board footer