Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-29 15:50:57, last edited by Norwee (2022-09-15 23:04:05)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Setup information

- 13 player slots
- There will be only 2 factions, the town and the mafia
- Mafia has daytalk.
- Closed setup, meaning most of the roles possible to find in the setup is a strict secret. However this will be an balanced setup with not too many power roles! (Hint: More than 2, less than 13)
- The mafia is confirmed to have an Traitor. The traitor is an member of the mafia that knows their teammates but can not communicate with their faction through other channels. And can not perform the factional kill unless they are the sole member remaining. The other mafia is not informed of this players identity in their role.
- Multi-tasking is in effect for any roles with multiple powers.
- Sample VT role pm:

Hidden text
Game information

- 72 hour day deadline. 24 hour night. Majority vote to eliminate an player ends the day. Deadline ending without an majority vote results in no elimination made.
- To vote for an player type "!Vote Username"
Preferably with bold text. like so: !Vote Norwee
Unvoting: "!Unvote"
Additionally you may vote for no elimination by doing so: "!No Elimination" or "!No Lynch" or "!Sleep"

SURVIVOR: Minimania Mafia Goon
SURVIVOR: BuzzerBee Mafia Role Cop

ELIMINATED D1: AllenCaspe9510 Vanilla Townie
KILLED N1: Lumi Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D2: ShadowsEdge Traitor Watcher
KILLED N2: ElijahBaley Town Cop

ELIMINATED D3: Marshmallow Marshall Vanilla Townie
KILLED N3: Grilyon2 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D4: 2b55b5g Town Neighbour
KILLED N4: Big Bon Jovi/Oliwaz144 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D5: Nuclear Gandhi Vanilla Townie
ENDGAMED: Pqwerty Miller Vengeful Neighbour
ENDGAMED: Onjit/Gikkle Ascetic Fruit Vendor

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2022-09-07 20:45:05

Oliwaz144

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

My first read: MM is scum.
Im sad Gikkle dropped the Mason claim. Either he thinks im stupid or hes scum

#3 2022-09-07 21:55:25

Oliwaz144

Also nice job yesterday
Well done - now we can focus on the team. I started isoing Beep as he knew the full team, but sadly im not seeing any result yet.
Oh and Mods, please lower the cooldown on posting.
I aint an invader //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#4 2022-09-07 22:04:38

Oliwaz144

Pqwerty wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

Gandhi did get underwhelming during D2, but I have no clue how you reached the conclusion that I was. I managed to solve Elijah's slot through a lot of effort (now you're gonna say it's not amazing since he died, but before he died, it was very important, and it really didn't look like he'd get killed at all).

I'd like to hear what exactly makes you think 2B is solving. I have a hard time seeing it, and overall a hard time reading her.

So 2B, Gikkle, and BB were leading the interrogation on Shadow. I see that as solving, but we haven't gotten a readlist from BB or 2B in a while; they just sort of joined the hunt for Shadow instead.

I gave a lot of towncred to the people who hunted down Shadow, and I forgot that you solved Elijah and dipped.

Maybe it's recency bias but I gave BB and 2B more towncred for hunting Shadow than you solving Elijah, and because you didn't hunt Shadow in the end, it overshadowed (ba dm tss) your previous work.

Some reads from you, 2B, and Gandhi could help.

Oh also I make sure to copy my messages before posting so that if I get logged out, I can log in and paste again. Works wonders for me.

And why dont you ask for reads from BB, but gandhi instead?!

#5 2022-09-07 22:09:40

Oliwaz144

Oh I am BB, right?

#6 2022-09-08 06:31:14

Oliwaz144

Pqwerty wrote:
Gikkle wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Well since the cop is dead, my role info doesn't help the mafia anymore.

I'm the Miller and I didn't want the mafia to know there was an investigative role to hunt down, so I kept my role a secret. I am no longer anti-town.

Why not claim Miller? Investigative is already something mafia would probably reason exists, and not claiming Miller means the cop could have checked you and wasted an action.

I was really hoping the anti-town claim would deter this because I really didn't want this worst-case scenario to happen. The best strategy would've been to claim miller and then have everyone else claim cop, but that strategy hasn't been accepted in past games when I suggested it so I figured claiming anti-town would just be best.

Ohh nice play

#7 2022-09-08 13:08:13

Oliwaz144

Gikkle wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

I think BB was the only person who doubted your claim Gikkle. Idk if this is WIFOM territory, but the fact that you're still alive could mean that the mafia believed you and didn't kill you. Hence BB couldn't be mafia since he didn't believe your claim. Is this too speculative?

It means wolves didn't believe me and saw me as a potential mislynch (or just otherwise not worth killing), or they did but had a kill in mind that took priority over a mason (maybe they rolecopped Elijah, or maybe they had a non-mechanical reason for it).

For the first case - it means wolves are either aligned with Jovi, know Jovi's role somehow as town, or somehow figured out via logic that I wasn't being truthful about the mason claim (dunno how likely this is for anyone except MM, who has played with me before in a game where I've done a reaction fish).

For the second case - It means they either had a good reason to kill Elijah for a non-mechanical reason (I'll have to think for a while about what this could mean), or they found elijah was cop bc of a role cop or vanilla cop (totally plausible in a role list like this).

You need to think for a while?
Wifom kill, reads kill, keeping poe open for mislim kill
Consensus town kill

#8 2022-09-08 17:07:51

Oliwaz144

BuzzerBee wrote:
scumreads

Marshmallow Marshall
for so many reasons. just today they voted to lynch Gandhi with the only reason being that Gandhi disappeared at the end of D2? which is totally unfair to Gandhi imo because they have been nothing but active and helpful and then swooped in at the last second to help hammer Shadow. Marshmallow is also going back and forth on their reads of 2b, and also is avoiding giving any kind of scumreads. i hate wishy washy players. it was the same with Shadow. our job is to lynch mafia, so scumreads are one of the most helpful things you can offer as town. if you're wrong then you're wrong but at least try to give us something. ANYWAY all this plus elijah pushing Marshmallow on D2 leads me to believe elijah might've gotten a red check on Marsh.

Oliwaz144
i don't have much to go off from their predecessor either i just need to see more before i come to a better conclusion. but jovi seemed scummy to me so that is carrying over to my opinion of oliwaz. as i mentioned before i appreciate them catching up on everything but other than their first post everything else hasn't been much of a contribution

townreads

Pqwerty
i really have no reason to not believe their miller claim. #1 on my town list for sure

2b55b5g
she helped hammer Shadow, made this very townie post, and was already sus of Marshmallow since D2. i don't have a lot of hard evidence for my townread on 2b, but i feel like it's mostly the way i interpret the tone of their posts. mostly calm, logical, and helpful. never defensive. 2b just wants to solve the game which is the most town thing you can do lol

Minimania
mini was immediately skeptical of shadow's claim, was townread by elijah HARD which leads me to believe if elijah didnt get a red check on Marshmallow n1, he definitely got a green check on mini n1, and mini has been skeptical of Marsh since D2

Grilyon2
honestly i thought grilyon died already lmao i just realized they're still alive. i don't see their inactivity as scummy at all though. i mean just take a look at their most recent post from D2. they hit the nail on the head with all of their reads and ultimately ended up voting for Shadow. i hope Grilyon comes back and gives us more insight on D3.

Nuclear Gandhi
no longer my top townread, but definitely still a townread. i talked about this a bit in my read for Marshmallow, but Gandhi has been nothing but helpful and helped hammer Shadow. this last post where they said they didn't feel like catching up was weird but the still voted correctly regardless so i can forgive it. hoping to see more from them today tho

neutral

Gikkle
i townread gikkle until their weird claim on D2. i do believe their explanation for the claim though but now that i see Gikkle is a very brilliant player, i wouldn't put it past them to do some kind of meta reverse psychology thing lol. this is all just conspiracy tho i definitely lean town for Gikkle but i wouldn't be surprised if they ended up winning the game as mafia and baffled us all

Whahahat?! Im scum for arriving late?
And you townread a person who was so low in activity you thougth they are  .. dead?!
Oh..  wasnt grilyon your scumread ? (https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 46#p795446)
And now hes your townread?!I
By the end of d2, bon jovi made a whopping 4 (Four) posts. You pointed that out yourself. https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 72#p795872
So... maybe you wanna finally explain your read on me? And/or bj??
Because we are into d3 and you still didnt. But are happy to attack lhf like me.
!VOTE BUZZERBEEB

#9 2022-09-08 19:31:36

Oliwaz144

2b55b5g wrote:
Oliwaz144 wrote:

My first read: MM is scum.
Im sad Gikkle dropped the Mason claim. Either he thinks im stupid or hes scum

do you mind explaining your scumread on MM?

A. Listen to the death. BOTH night kills scumread MM. If it would have been just one of em, you could say "coincidence." Both? Thats a system.
B. Lumi would have been only killed by n1 by somebody who knows her. Thats either Gikkle or MM.
C. He is playing different from his Town meta.

Thats it for now, but im sure there is more.

Wooted by:

#10 2022-09-08 19:32:36

Oliwaz144

D. His reaction to me scumreading him.

#11 2022-09-08 20:16:41

Oliwaz144

!Vote MM
Lets poke, pile and pause to see what happens.
Maybe a cfd or some theatre?
I advise everyone to follow.

#12 2022-09-09 14:34:08

Oliwaz144

Nah Marshall

Wooted by:

#13 2022-09-10 07:56:00

Oliwaz144

Minimania wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

I sincerely hope that's a joke XD.

Yeah it was lmfao

Oliver's post is giving me really bad vibes, like the same sort of vibes I got from Shadows' post yesterday "Intuition". Like wtf are we supposed to glean from this post?

Oliwaz144 wrote:

Nah Marshall

Oli did you give up or what

i just dont want to read and answer and read and answer walls

#14 2022-09-10 09:24:27

Oliwaz144

BuzzerBee wrote:

what are common tactics traitors use to let their teammates find them?

i could imagine randomly voting a teammate, or talking about specific people more than others, etc

i’m looking through Shadow’s ISO trying to find those little hints but nothing is really popping out at me.

he did immediately townread Gandhi but honestly that doesn’t say a lot to me

has anyone else looked through shadow’s ISO for anything like this?

I did but it wasnt very informational for me

#15 2022-09-10 13:45:18

Oliwaz144

Gikkle wrote:

I'm trying so hard to townread MM but his tone is just so scummy
Like I've played multiple games with MM and this tone just feels so fake compared to other games
Plus I can't help but feel like he's just pushing an agenda whenever he pushes people. Elijah and now Oliver... None of it feels like he's actually trying to solve the slots. Like looking back at the Elijah interaction, MM actually makes very few posts in direct conversation with Elijah (which I would expect if he was honestly trying to solve Elijah). It felt more like MM was feeling out Elijah, seeing if he was a viable push, and when finding out Elijah would drag MM down with him, abandoned the push. His Oliver push feels like he's just doing it because it's convenient for him.

Idk. If I'm wrong again and Gandhi is scum, that would make two times this game where I come to the wrong conclusion after sleeping.

thats exactly why i dont wanna argue with him.
Lhf he thinks i am?!?

#16 2022-09-10 14:07:20

Oliwaz144

!Unvote
Im taking back the bolt into position. Load MM into the chamber so i can hit the primer and shoot scum

#17 2022-09-10 14:22:39

Oliwaz144

Mm at l2
(If iwth me l1)
Pls smbdy come online
@grilyon2
@pqwerty

#18 2022-09-10 15:57:05

Oliwaz144

2b55b5g wrote:

im honestly having a hard time reading MM, cuz im not familiar with him. im also still wondering who MM's teammate would be.

if MM is scum, i dont think his teammate is anyone that's scumread him (Gikkle, Oli, Gandhi, BB), i dont think it's Pqwerty cuz of his Miller claim, and also because he's my neighbor, i dont think it's Mini because of the cop green check that most likely happened, and it's not me. so this seems to imply that Grilyon is his teammate.

Grilyon did mention MM a lot when you read his posts. he voted Pqwerty because he thought he's trying to make MM suspicious, he trusted MM's explanation about Elijah, and honestly his vote on Gandhi feels weird (because he said MM and BB are suspects, but he didnt seem to check their ISOs?). so maybe Grilyon + MM team is actually possible, but im also having a hard time believing it cuz Grilyon is new

if scum MM's teammate isnt Grilyon, then i think it's either Gandhi or BB, but idk, Gandhi + MM seems weird since Gandhi voted for MM, maybe BB + MM is more likely, since MM seems to townread him, but BB also scumreads MM. i guess the question is, is it worth it for mafia to bus?

i can vote MM right now, but idk if other people prefer to wait

Do it. I will hammer in ~50 mins

#19 2022-09-10 15:58:03

Oliwaz144

Pqwerty wrote:

Idk if this is useful, but if we're doing NKA and according to MM, anyone would've killed Lumi out of fear, why would they kill Elijah over Gikkle? Was Elijah not a fear kill?

Also, if it was a fear kill, then the team can't be two people who have never played with Lumi because at least 1 mafia had to be afraid of Lumi.

I would have never killed lumi
She wants to play and shes either nked n1 or is scum. Always

#20 2022-09-10 15:59:44

Oliwaz144

2b55b5g wrote:

Oli it's L-1 right now cuz BB just voted

Ok. If i dont hammer at -5 mins you do it pls.
We have two triggers.
I will do at -15 mins

Wooted by:

#21 2022-09-10 16:09:33

Oliwaz144

Its fun

#22 2022-09-10 16:57:22

Oliwaz144

!Vote MM
Headshotted scum.