Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#601 2022-09-07 18:22:43

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

Also, if he did get a red check on MM, I'm fairly certain Elijah would have pushed it way harder.

This is the elephant in the room

Actually, therein lies a huge question

What if Elijah did check MM but got a green result?

actually that's not that big a question, he probably didnt check MM at all

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#602 2022-09-07 18:23:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm gonna get out of tinfoil hat mode now lmao this is a stupid theory

21cZxBv.png

#603 2022-09-07 18:24:40

Gikkle

Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:

Oliwaz are you masons with Gikkle?

The answer is no. I lied to see how people would react. And to see if maybe I could bait mafia into killing one of us (specifically Bon Jovi) out of fear of there being two near confirmed townies.

I had already intended to reveal this today, oliver replacing in probably makes this look a bit awkward though.

Though I don't think anyone who actually thinks about this for more than 5 seconds should fine it scummy so I'm not really worried.

I'm having a hard time trying to place myself in a headspace where I'm mafia and I want to off you for your claim; Masons aren't lovers, and with your claim to have protection, it seems like it'd have been a moot point to go after you anyway. So no I don't really think you're scum for this claim, I don't really buy that this was just bait since it seemed more like a deterrent than anything.

I thought they might conceivably go after Bon Jovi (if the slot is town),  who from their PoV, while inactive, could be replaced by a really strong player, and would be confirmed town on top of that.

Bait wasn't the biggest part of it anyways though. I mostly wanted to see how readily people would believe the mason claim.

#604 2022-09-07 18:25:17

Gikkle

Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

Not sure I understand. Shadows' fake claim would have worked even if it was only himself visiting MM. How do you get Elijah visiting MM from that?

Also, if he did get a red check on MM, I'm fairly certain Elijah would have pushed it way harder.

I'm not sure I understand the point of a role that can visit someone else and learn if they were visited that night if you always counted, because then every check would be positive. Thus, I concluded that someone else visited him.

Is this some different form if watcher than what I'm used to?

I might be confusing this role for something else. Isn't Watcher the role that can check someone to see if they were visited that night?

The Watcher I'm familiar with sees the names of all visitors.

#605 2022-09-07 18:26:32

Minimania
Moderation Team

Gikkle wrote:

I thought they might conceivably go after Bon Jovi (if the slot is town),  who from their PoV, while inactive, could be replaced by a really strong player, and would be confirmed town on top of that.

Ohh that makes sense. I thought you were moreso trying to bait them into attacking you, not Jovi.

Gikkle wrote:

Bait wasn't the biggest part of it anyways though. I mostly wanted to see how readily people would believe the mason claim.

I pretty much took it for gospel but the protection made me reconsider lol

21cZxBv.png

#606 2022-09-07 18:27:28

Minimania
Moderation Team

Gikkle wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

Not sure I understand. Shadows' fake claim would have worked even if it was only himself visiting MM. How do you get Elijah visiting MM from that?

I'm not sure I understand the point of a role that can visit someone else and learn if they were visited that night if you always counted, because then every check would be positive. Thus, I concluded that someone else visited him.

Is this some different form if watcher than what I'm used to?

I might be confusing this role for something else. Isn't Watcher the role that can check someone to see if they were visited that night?

The Watcher I'm familiar with sees the names of all visitors.

I've already lost all confidence in my theory lmao but I think this is the nail in the coffin on that

21cZxBv.png

#607 2022-09-07 18:27:36

Gikkle

Gikkle wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:

Oliwaz are you masons with Gikkle?

The answer is no. I lied to see how people would react. And to see if maybe I could bait mafia into killing one of us (specifically Bon Jovi) out of fear of there being two near confirmed townies.

I had already intended to reveal this today, oliver replacing in probably makes this look a bit awkward though.

Though I don't think anyone who actually thinks about this for more than 5 seconds should fine it scummy so I'm not really worried.

I'm having a hard time trying to place myself in a headspace where I'm mafia and I want to off you for your claim; Masons aren't lovers, and with your claim to have protection, it seems like it'd have been a moot point to go after you anyway. So no I don't really think you're scum for this claim, I don't really buy that this was just bait since it seemed more like a deterrent than anything.

Buzzer and Jovi aren't S/S for what it's worth.

#608 2022-09-07 18:28:07

Pqwerty

I think BB was the only person who doubted your claim Gikkle. Idk if this is WIFOM territory, but the fact that you're still alive could mean that the mafia believed you and didn't kill you. Hence BB couldn't be mafia since he didn't believe your claim. Is this too speculative?

#609 2022-09-07 18:28:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

At the risk of sounding dumb, I gotta ask, what does s/s mean?

21cZxBv.png

#610 2022-09-07 18:29:29

Pqwerty

Scum vs Scum

Wooted by:

#611 2022-09-07 18:30:33

Pqwerty

Oh also are we supposed to be talking since the thread still says Night 2?

#612 2022-09-07 18:32:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Norwee probalby forgot to edit the thread title. I did that sometimes in my games so makes sense

21cZxBv.png

#613 2022-09-07 18:32:49

Minimania
Moderation Team

For what it's worth, I don't think he'd just post the flip and leave the thread open if we weren't allowed to talk

21cZxBv.png

#614 2022-09-07 18:39:26

Pqwerty

Minimania wrote:

For what it's worth, I don't think he'd just post the flip and leave the thread open if we weren't allowed to talk

Ah true.

Anyway, I wanna see some stuff from Oliwaz before I make an opinion on them. But rn my vote is spiritually on MM.

Wooted by: (2)

#615 2022-09-07 18:57:25

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

i feel like marshmallow is the biggest wildcard right now

thanks gikkle for explaining your claim. was an interesting move but i believe you especially after you put the nail in the coffin for shadow

we’re in a really good spot today. losing a cop is maybe worst case scenario but we’ve made it clear that we can scumread pretty well based on who we lynched yesterday.

bon jovi (now oliwaz) and marshmallow being the only two people not to vote for shadow could be an easy mafia team

but jovi was so inactive that i can’t actually theorize anything from their posts.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#616 2022-09-07 19:03:14

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

BuzzerBee wrote:

bon jovi (now oliwaz) and marshmallow being the only two people not to vote for shadow

oops just realized mini didn’t vote for shadow either but given that Mini probably got a clear from Elijah and that mini was sus’ing shadow at the end of D2 i find mini as scum unlikely

TdQRyz3.png

#617 2022-09-07 19:04:28

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

and obviously at the end of the day my vote was off shadow but i hope i explained that well enough with the Gikkle thing

however that’s behind us with the new info from Gikkle today

TdQRyz3.png

#618 2022-09-07 19:22:37

Gikkle

Pqwerty wrote:

I think BB was the only person who doubted your claim Gikkle. Idk if this is WIFOM territory, but the fact that you're still alive could mean that the mafia believed you and didn't kill you. Hence BB couldn't be mafia since he didn't believe your claim. Is this too speculative?

It means wolves didn't believe me and saw me as a potential mislynch (or just otherwise not worth killing), or they did but had a kill in mind that took priority over a mason (maybe they rolecopped Elijah, or maybe they had a non-mechanical reason for it).

For the first case - it means wolves are either aligned with Jovi, know Jovi's role somehow as town, or somehow figured out via logic that I wasn't being truthful about the mason claim (dunno how likely this is for anyone except MM, who has played with me before in a game where I've done a reaction fish).

For the second case - It means they either had a good reason to kill Elijah for a non-mechanical reason (I'll have to think for a while about what this could mean), or they found elijah was cop bc of a role cop or vanilla cop (totally plausible in a role list like this).

#619 2022-09-07 20:45:00

Marshmallow Marshall

Oh my, I had written a post but the forum decided I was no longer logged in, and there's no autosave feature here. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad rewriting...

...but why Elijah? He wasn't widely townread (far from it, he almost got lynched lol) and didn't claim anything. I suspect the Mafia may have a rolecop-esque role (that or they really hated Elijah for some reason lol).

Minimania wrote:
Hidden text

Knowing that ShadowsEdge flipped as a Traitor Watcher, I think it's kind of important that we pay attention to what information Shadow is comfortable with pushing here. Obviously he wasn't a Town Informer, but it's likely he felt comfortable claiming it because he had a role that could pretty much do the same thing, and he could lie about the details as he wants. He says that he checked MM and found that someone had visited him. It could've been any player in the game, and yet I get the feeling that it might've been Elijah.

The biggest problem with my theory is that, when pushing Buzzer and MM, Elijah decided to push Buzzerbee's slot first. Why go on and tell people to vote Buzz first, and then MM if it was a more certain thing for MM to be Mafia? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

However, Elijah never relented on his scumread of MM, not even once. So I admit, I'm really suspicious of MM right now. I realize that it's probably pretty risky trying to read too far into Shadow's post, but it sounds plausible that someone visited MM Night 1, and I think it might help disambiguate who Elijah checked if someone that visited MM Night 1 could step forward.

For the record, I did get visited on N1: I received a fruit. It's a specific one, and I will not say which one it is so that the fruit vendor may confirm himself when the time comes. As for Elijah ever visiting me, it's very dubious (even from y'all's point of view if you assume I am scum), since he would have known my alignment and thus would not have changed his mind after I started townreading him if he had had a red check (see his vote changing to 2b). Similarly, if he had checked Buzzerbee as scum, he would not have given up on him and would at the very least have went back on him once he wanted to unvote me at EoD.

His only real townread was Minimania, and he made that very clear; to me, this is clear evidence that he town-checked Mini and that Mini is thus confirmed town here.

Wooted by:

#620 2022-09-07 20:45:05

Oliwaz144

My first read: MM is scum.
Im sad Gikkle dropped the Mason claim. Either he thinks im stupid or hes scum

#621 2022-09-07 20:51:38

Marshmallow Marshall

Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

This is the elephant in the room

Actually, therein lies a huge question

What if Elijah did check MM but got a green result?

If he had had a green check on me, he wouldn't have counter-pushed me like he did; that would be nonsensical, especially knowing him. There is pretty much no way in Heaven, Hell and everything inbetween that he checked me at all; you're quite obviously the check lol.

Pqwerty wrote:

I'm struggling to see anyone else as mafia besides MM and Gandhi. Their D2 play was super underwhelming. 2B and BB seem like they're actively trying to solve the game. Grilyon is new but helpful. Gikkle is leading the town. I'm mindmelding with Mini in terms of strategy. Not to mention that Gandhi and MM were high on Shadow's townreads despite Shadow having horrible reasoning for all their reads, or that Shadow tried to clear MM. Like it just seems like all the fingers point their way since everyone else feels town to me.

Some reads from everyone would be helpful cuz I really need second opinons on this.

Gandhi did get underwhelming during D2, but I have no clue how you reached the conclusion that I was. I managed to solve Elijah's slot through a lot of effort (now you're gonna say it's not amazing since he died, but before he died, it was very important, and it really didn't look like he'd get killed at all).

I'd like to hear what exactly makes you think 2B is solving. I have a hard time seeing it, and overall a hard time reading her.

Oh also, I saw somewhere that you claimed Miller. I knew that was what you meant on D1 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I'm kinda inclined to believe it, considering the D1 statements you made about being anti-town towny, even though it's far from unfakable.

#622 2022-09-07 20:53:09

Marshmallow Marshall

Oliwaz144 wrote:

*resists the urge to OMGUS the heck out of you*

Do you have any reasons for either of those reads? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#623 2022-09-07 20:58:31

Gikkle

Oliwaz144 wrote:

I don't think you're stupid //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue . I did actually think you would probably catch on if I continued it and would play along, but I had already intended to drop the claim at the start of today. If you hadn't replaced in, I would have done the same thing.

#624 2022-09-07 21:01:04

Gikkle

MM who are your top two town and scum rn?

#625 2022-09-07 21:08:17

Marshmallow Marshall

Gikkle wrote:

MM who are your top two town and scum rn?

Top town: Minimania and...
Now this one is hard, because earlier I'd have said Gandhi, but his townread has decayed in quasi-oblivion at this point. Pqwerty gets townpoints from me for his miller claim and for looking genuine earlier (despite our disagreements), so I think I'd put him there. The other contender would be Buzzerbee, but my townread on him may be a little outdated, and I'd need to re-ISO him.

It's honestly hard to get scumreads here ;-; noone is being super actively scummy, most people are being inactively null or just "logical but that's all" (thinking specifically of 2b here, and also applied to Shadows before he got lynched), which isn't scummy per se, just definetly not towny. I am pretty sure there is at least one scum among the least active people, though.

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer