Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#501 2022-09-05 23:16:21

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

So have a little less than 17 hours? We should come to a consensus on a target then. I'll likely vote in the above. Assuming that doesn't change before the EoD.

Offline

#502 2022-09-05 23:17:54

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Gikkle wrote:

So have a little less than 17 hours? We should come to a consensus on a target then. I'll likely vote in the above. Assuming that doesn't change before the EoD.

Above PoE*
Also of course it goes to a new page right when I refer to an "above post" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Offline

#503 2022-09-05 23:29:46

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Gikkle wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Wait uh, Norwee said that there wouldn't be more than 3 mafia in the signup thread.

I just assumed that meant 2 mafia and a traitor because 1 mafia 1 traitor seems off.

Shadow is your role custom or something? Cuz why would a town role say "there are exactly 2 mafia"?

Where was this?

If Pqwerty is right about this, then I don't see why Shadows would have a role that would tell him about this at all.

I don't see any post by Norwee that would make Pwerty think this though. Maybe I'm missing something?

Offline

#504 2022-09-05 23:57:20

Pqwerty
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-10-09
Posts: 1,961

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Norwee wrote:

It’s not more than 3 mafia total.
You’d pretty much never see a normal game with 4v9 in MS. So less than that.

Post #31 in the Mafia 52 Invitation Thread

Offline

#505 2022-09-05 23:57:22

ElijahBaley
Member
Joined: 2022-08-07
Posts: 112

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

He did say there's no more than 3 Mafia in the signup thread, it's not in his first post. I just checked.
That's all he said.

Offline

#506 2022-09-05 23:58:52

ElijahBaley
Member
Joined: 2022-08-07
Posts: 112

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

I don't buy Shadow's role now. It would appear Shadows made a legit scum slip.
By the way @Pqwerty care to share your role? On the Normal page I only found one anti-town role that was explicitly Normal, and that's Miller, and that's not a role one would generally hide - more pressingly, it's not a role that one would want to hide from Mafia.

Offline

#507 2022-09-06 00:28:43

Grilyon2
Member
From: Chile
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 374

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

While i was reading i was I was relatively convinced that Eliah would be a mafia, but as I read more I realized that his defensive posture was only because everyone was voting for him, I mean, it would be normal for him to want to defend himself if everyone is accusing him.

Adding up what MM said about meta playstyle, I think I can say that I trust even more Eliah being town. The bad thing is that apart from him, Pqwerty was my only other option and the suspicions I had in him have also been dispelled.

From the beginning I believed that Minimania was town, because of how them has been trying to solve the game and has been looking for townies (Which, I feel, is a good strategy) I still have the same view on them.
Same with Shadows and Ghandi, although Ghandi is the towniest of them.

So, Since I don't have a clear opinion on BB and 2B, I guess that's my way to go.

!Vote Buzzer-... Ok, I reread and realized what Shadows said, two mafia confirmed? hmm... Besides, in his post he simply went like "we could be townies, but... we could not be, who knows"
I understand it in a certain way, since we are lost rn, (I think) but in any case you should try to avoid town reading everybody

!Vote ShadowsEdge

Offline

#508 2022-09-06 01:05:15

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,377

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Aight it's 5 pm but my sleep schedule is **** up, I just woke up

These are some cool developments, welcome to the forums Gikkle!

Immediate thoughts on Gikkle: made a claim to be masons with Big Bon Jovi. That's risky as **** to do early on if you're scum so I don't see that coming from there. Either they really are masons or perhaps Onjit was a cop and investigated Jovi, found he was innocent, and Gikkle took up the mantle. Either way, pretty townie so I'll trust him and Jovi


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#509 2022-09-06 01:05:56

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,377

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

ElijahBaley wrote:

On the Normal page I only found one anti-town role that was explicitly Normal, and that's Miller, and that's not a role one would generally hide - more pressingly, it's not a role that one would want to hide from Mafia

Why would you not hide being a Miller from the Mafia?


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#510 2022-09-06 01:06:54

ElijahBaley
Member
Joined: 2022-08-07
Posts: 112

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

On the Normal page I only found one anti-town role that was explicitly Normal, and that's Miller, and that's not a role one would generally hide - more pressingly, it's not a role that one would want to hide from Mafia

Why would you not hide being a Miller from the Mafia?

If I was a Miller, I would claim that immediately so the cop knows if he checks me I will come up as Mafia. much better than claiming it after the fact

Offline

#511 2022-09-06 01:10:56

ElijahBaley
Member
Joined: 2022-08-07
Posts: 112

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Minimania wrote:

Aight it's 5 pm but my sleep schedule is **** up, I just woke up

These are some cool developments, welcome to the forums Gikkle!

Immediate thoughts on Gikkle: made a claim to be masons with Big Bon Jovi. That's risky as **** to do early on if you're scum so I don't see that coming from there. Either they really are masons or perhaps Onjit was a cop and investigated Jovi, found he was innocent, and Gikkle took up the mantle. Either way, pretty townie so I'll trust him and Jovi

I did not notice that.

Offline

#512 2022-09-06 01:13:37

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

FINAL VOTE COUNT:
[7] AllenCaspe9510: Lumi, Grilyon2, ElijahBaley, 2b55b5g, Nuclear Gandhi, BuzzerBee, Minimania

[2] Minimania: Pqwerty, ShadowsEdge
[1] ElijahBaley: Marshmallow Marshall

[3] Not voting: Onjit, AllenCaspe9510, Big Bon Jovi

VOTE COUNT 3 HOURS BEFORE EoD:

[4] Minimania: Pqwerty, 2b55b5g, ShadowsEdge, ElijahBaley
[3] ElijahBaley: Marshmallow Marshall, Nuclear Gandhi, Minimania
[2] AllenCaspe9510: Lumi, Grilyon2
[1] Grilyon2: BuzzerBee

[3] Not voting: Onjit, AllenCaspe9510, Big Bon Jovi

What I find interesting here is that despite 2 other wagons that could have happened (both of which were bigger than Allen's wagon at this point), it all consolidated onto Allen, someone who FOUR PEOPLE on Allen's wagon said they town read or did not want to vote (minimania, Gandhi, Buzzerbee, 2b55b5g)

I question Gandhi especially, who scumread BOTH the alternate wagons, and said they thought Allen was "pure". He was also the one that made it pretty much impossible to have a lynch other than Allen.

2b55b5g wrote:

i’d prefer voting Elijah instead of Allen, idk, Allen’s reads were kinda weird and somewhat confusing, but i find Elijah to be more scummy. some people voted Elijah as well, so i don’t really see why we’re going with Allen

Minimania wrote:

I dont want to vote Allen here man, bruh

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

I want to go through a quick process of elimination to see whom I'm more ok to vote for elimination for Day1.

First 3 names I want to cross out are more principle based: Big Bon Jovi, Grilyon2, Lumi.
BBJ and Grilyon2 have never played before.
Lumi posted a "slank cover" in their signup.
It might not be to the likings of everyone, but those are not players I wish to Day1 eliminate for being inactive.

Marshmallow Marshall is the towniest player in this game as far as I'm concerned so far. Is the most active in the scumhunting process of the game + his progression in the game looks so linear and smooth to me. One thing that I did not understand and looked a little strange to me though was the question/conclusion at the end of #90. As Elijah said: "The vote on MM was the joke not buzzerbee"

Pqwerty is 2nd only to MM when it comes to active scumhunting (as opposed to passive scumhunting: providing observations and ideas from the side lines), and that's something that this game is lacking a bit. Just to be clear, I don't think of their ISO as clearing. They're more active hunting than most of us this game, but I don't think it's much for FM in general.

For me, 2b55b5g and BuzzerBee both hold the gold medal in providing unique and solid ideas in their reads lists. 2b55 has the highest post count at the present of the players in this list but I find more of their takes or actions disagreeable, so in my mind brain they share a spot with BB who's content is I think 1 reads list. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AllenCaspe9510, I just find their reads list extremely based lol. I love it. I can see others wouldn't, but to me it's just so pure if that makes any sense? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile


To be yet decided

Minimania
Why I want to put Minimania in the list above:
1) They didn't know there's no third party. Possibly a town slip.
2) They at least have the minimal appearance of wolfhunting, which is more than I see in the players below.
Why I want to put Minimania in the list below:
1) Initially when Pqwerty called Minimania fillery - I agreed with that take. Minimania's reaction to what Pqwerty said was overly OMGUS, which was also the first post that didn't look like filler anymore. They immediatly took their OMGUS vote back with "Oh, yeah you know what, that's entirely fair." the moment Pqwerty said something like "I just wanted to see you talk". Granted, that's also when Minimania learned there's no third party in the game - which was what they accused Pqwerty of. But other than the slight sus on me and Lumi, that reaction was the only time it felt like a real participation in the game from them.
To adress the defense of Minimania: that there are way less active players so why aren't their posts called "fillers". The difference is - the posts of those other's aren't even trying to look like contributing, whereas the early Minimania's posts, they look more showy than of actual use.

ShadowsEdge
Other than commenting on general things like voting day1 or assuming optimal play, shadowedge has commented 3 things:
-My focus on myself is towny.
-Pqwerty's role claim is towny.
-Grilyon's passiveness is off-putting.
It feels more genuine than Minimania, but is still lacking and easily fakable.



Players I've in PoE
Onjit is posting, but isn't participating in the game. Someone said that's normal for them. Fair, voting there would be more random than anything, but eliminating such a slot can be only good for Town. To be fair, the same could be said about the 2 new players and Lumi - so there's something to be said about there not being enough room for policy eliminations like that.

I seen people say good words about ElijahBaley voting Marshmallow Marshall in their opening post. Trust me, you probably see that 90% of the games they're both in. With that in mind, can someone show me signs of interest in scumhunting/gamesolving by Elijah outside of the early vote on Bee?
The only other thing of interest to him was: not voting anti town role for being an anti town role. Ok, there was also the "Townie post but that doesn't really mean anything IMO. Easy to make townie posts, especially early game. Will be you waiting for hear more from you." post if you stretch it - but that's kinda filler.
Look at posts from 2b55 or Marshmallow or Pqwerty, then open Elijah's ISO to compare. Can someone genuinly tell me they see intent to scumhunt in there?


!vote Elijah

BuzzerBee wrote:

other note: i'm against voting to lynch AllenCaspe9510. doesn't look like he's said anything yet so i'd like to get a proper read first before just lynching for inactivity. hopefully he and Big Bon Jovi come back to say something soon

How did 4 people that didn't want to vote Allen, and I'm pretty sure all expressed suspicion on at least one of Elijah or Minimania, end up voting Allen?

2b55b5g wrote:
Minimania wrote:

I didn't think I had to actually come out and say this but I was mostly sus of Pqwerty because I thought he was bating us as a Serial Killer. I'm not sus on him anymore at all, besides the base level sus I have for everyone.

Minimania wrote:

But still then, what anti town role can you be if not Mafia?

i was confused because i thought you meant that an anti town role cant be anything but mafia

also theres a 3 way tie of 3 votes between mini, elijah, and allen right now. i'll switch my vote to allen since he's the one that spoke the least among those three.

@Allen you also posted earlier, do you mind voting someone?

!vote Allen

Here is @2b55b5g 's justification. But they explicitly said earlier they preferred an Elijah lynch.



This post is really targeted to @2b55b5g and @Nuclear Gandhi. Both contradicted earlier statements and made Allen an actually viable lynch over the other wagons. Buzz and Mini sort of have an excuse bc having a lynch *is* better than a no-lynch happening, and by the time of their votes there wasn't really an alternative.

Offline

#513 2022-09-06 01:13:40

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,377

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

ElijahBaley wrote:
Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

On the Normal page I only found one anti-town role that was explicitly Normal, and that's Miller, and that's not a role one would generally hide - more pressingly, it's not a role that one would want to hide from Mafia

Why would you not hide being a Miller from the Mafia?

If I was a Miller, I would claim that immediately so the cop knows if he checks me I will come up as Mafia. much better than claiming it after the fact

Yes but that's basic, why not hang back and claim negative utility instead in case there's a Mafia Cop? The Mafia Cop will believe a Miller to be the Traitor if found and thus they'll be kept pretty safe


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#514 2022-09-06 01:17:49

ElijahBaley
Member
Joined: 2022-08-07
Posts: 112

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

On the Normal page I only found one anti-town role that was explicitly Normal, and that's Miller, and that's not a role one would generally hide - more pressingly, it's not a role that one would want to hide from Mafia

Why would you not hide being a Miller from the Mafia?

If I was a Miller, I would claim that immediately so the cop knows if he checks me I will come up as Mafia. much better than claiming it after the fact

Yes but that's basic, why not hang back and claim negative utility instead in case there's a Mafia Cop? The Mafia Cop will believe a Miller to be the Traitor if found and thus they'll be kept pretty safe

Fair enough

Offline

#515 2022-09-06 01:22:20

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Btw, @ protectives, don't waste your protects on me. Not that I think I'm gonna be a particularly popular protect target, but it still needs to be said.

Why? Well, let's just say I have my own means of protection //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Offline

#516 2022-09-06 01:35:57

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Minimania wrote:

Aight it's 5 pm but my sleep schedule is **** up, I just woke up

These are some cool developments, welcome to the forums Gikkle!

Immediate thoughts on Gikkle: made a claim to be masons with Big Bon Jovi. That's risky as **** to do early on if you're scum so I don't see that coming from there. Either they really are masons or perhaps Onjit was a cop and investigated Jovi, found he was innocent, and Gikkle took up the mantle. Either way, pretty townie so I'll trust him and Jovi

Not enthused about this justification for town reading me. You don't know my meta - what if I do risky scum gambits all the time?

Offline

#517 2022-09-06 01:39:34

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,377

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Gikkle wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Aight it's 5 pm but my sleep schedule is **** up, I just woke up

These are some cool developments, welcome to the forums Gikkle!

Immediate thoughts on Gikkle: made a claim to be masons with Big Bon Jovi. That's risky as **** to do early on if you're scum so I don't see that coming from there. Either they really are masons or perhaps Onjit was a cop and investigated Jovi, found he was innocent, and Gikkle took up the mantle. Either way, pretty townie so I'll trust him and Jovi

Not enthused about this justification for town reading me. You don't know my meta - what if I do risky scum gambits all the time?

It's a kneejerk reaction and my first thoughts. My mind can be changed but I think my reaction largely stems from the fact I was 100% not expecting Mason to be a role in this game


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#518 2022-09-06 01:48:08

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: PbzvatFbba 13
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 6,377

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Gikkle wrote:

Why? Well, let's just say I have my own means of protection

That being said, I'm not sure how I feel about this


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Offline

#519 2022-09-06 02:54:54

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 2,999

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Gikkle wrote:

Here is @2b55b5g 's justification. But they explicitly said earlier they preferred an Elijah lynch.



This post is really targeted to @2b55b5g and @Nuclear Gandhi. Both contradicted earlier statements and made Allen an actually viable lynch over the other wagons. Buzz and Mini sort of have an excuse bc having a lynch *is* better than a no-lynch happening, and by the time of their votes there wasn't really an alternative.

i only switched votes when there was a 3-way-tie of 3 votes between Mini, Allen, and Elijah (Elijah switched from Mini to Allen later in the day). I figured a lynch probably wouldn’t happen if I don’t switch. I could’ve voted Elijah but Lumi said to keep him, so I followed and voted Allen.


she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Offline

#520 2022-09-06 02:58:15

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 2,999

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

2b55b5g wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

Here is @2b55b5g 's justification. But they explicitly said earlier they preferred an Elijah lynch.



This post is really targeted to @2b55b5g and @Nuclear Gandhi. Both contradicted earlier statements and made Allen an actually viable lynch over the other wagons. Buzz and Mini sort of have an excuse bc having a lynch *is* better than a no-lynch happening, and by the time of their votes there wasn't really an alternative.

i only switched votes when there was a 3-way-tie of 3 votes between Mini, Allen, and Elijah (Elijah switched from Mini to Allen later in the day). I figured a lynch probably wouldn’t happen if I don’t switch. I could’ve voted Elijah but Lumi said to keep him, so I followed and voted Allen.

i didn’t explain that clearly when voting Allen, my reasoning was “he spoke the least” or something, but i still had what Lumi said in mind


she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Offline

#521 2022-09-06 03:25:31

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 2,999

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

ShadowsEdge wrote:

at least I can now publicly confirm that there's 2 mafia.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

With only 2 mafia who know each other, Mafia are probably going to be less inclined to vote their own mafia

there’s only 2 mafia? meaning 1 mafia and 1 traitor? or 2 mafia who know each other, meaning 2 mafia and 1 traitor?


she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Offline

#522 2022-09-06 03:30:20

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 2,999

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

and wouldn’t it be helpful to town if you say there’s 2 mafia in the game at the very start? just like how Pqwerty claimed anti-town? what reason is there to hide it? the only reason i can think of is to not let people mistake you as a mafia, but the same can be said to Pqwerty who claimed anti-town.


she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Offline

Wooted by:

#523 2022-09-06 04:18:24

Pqwerty
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-10-09
Posts: 1,961

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

I'm most likely going to be at school during EOD tomorrow, so I'm going to say some quick thoughts before bed.

Shadow's claim seems like a slip and also Lumi was suspicious of MM, ShadowsEdge, and Mini, and now they're dead.

If Shadow flips town, that's when we should start reevaluating slots like 2B/Gandhi.

!vote ShadowsEdge

Offline

#524 2022-09-06 04:19:31

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

!Vote ShadowsEdge

I'm gonna place my vote here for now, just in case I can't get on tomorrow morning. I may end up changing my vote if he gives me a reason to believe he's town.

This should place him on L-2, so nobody else vote until right before EoD. 

2b55b5g wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

Here is @2b55b5g 's justification. But they explicitly said earlier they preferred an Elijah lynch.



This post is really targeted to @2b55b5g and @Nuclear Gandhi. Both contradicted earlier statements and made Allen an actually viable lynch over the other wagons. Buzz and Mini sort of have an excuse bc having a lynch *is* better than a no-lynch happening, and by the time of their votes there wasn't really an alternative.

i only switched votes when there was a 3-way-tie of 3 votes between Mini, Allen, and Elijah (Elijah switched from Mini to Allen later in the day). I figured a lynch probably wouldn’t happen if I don’t switch. I could’ve voted Elijah but Lumi said to keep him, so I followed and voted Allen.

i didn’t explain that clearly when voting Allen, my reasoning was “he spoke the least” or something, but i still had what Lumi said in mind

Mmm. Why did what Lumi said dictate how you voted? Did you trust Lumi more than you scumread Elijah?

Offline

#525 2022-09-06 04:20:06

Gikkle
Member
Joined: 2022-09-05
Posts: 126

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Pqwerty wrote:

I'm most likely going to be at school during EOD tomorrow, so I'm going to say some quick thoughts before bed.

Shadow's claim seems like a slip and also Lumi was suspicious of MM, ShadowsEdge, and Mini, and now they're dead.

If Shadow flips town, that's when we should start reevaluating slots like 2B/Gandhi.

!vote ShadowsEdge

oh, I was sniped
!unvote shadowsedge

Offline

Wooted by:
Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1701589422.7809 - Generated in 0.130 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.85 MiB (Peak: 2.15 MiB) ]