Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-21 03:20:30, last edited by Onjit (2019-09-28 14:03:24)

Onjit
Website

Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

Game is over, mafia win by technicality
Hidden text

:.|:;

#2 2019-09-21 07:30:17

Anatoly

Re: Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

I’m sorry. What’s a universe?

#3 2019-09-21 07:32:19

Anatoly

... I mean - ‘there are two of everything’ - am I supposed to find and protect the second me?

#4 2019-09-21 16:36:05

Anatoly

Luka504 wrote:

Anatoly, read the OP. It may seem complicated but Onjit breaks the rules down really well.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Anatoly, the Universes are essential for a couple of factors, I'll explain it as best as I can for now:

The universes are important for who you lynch: You can lynch anyone you like, but if the person with the most lynches for each Universe will be lynched at the end of the day. He's explained how that works in the OP, which makes it a lot better for you to read how that works in the OP.

The universes are important for who the Mafia kill: The Mafia can only kill people in their own Universe, therefore meaning that if a Mafia from Universe Alpha were to try and kill a Town from Universe Omega (Or vice versa), the kill would fail, and there would be no kill for them. (This is because Onjit wanted there to be more of a risk revealing what Universe you're from.)

The universe in general is supposed to be like a key feature to the mechanics of the game. This still is the main thread, where everyone can talk, the game will run pretty much like a regular Mafia game, but the Universe themself adds more of a risk to both sides of alignments.

I really agree you heed what Luka was saying and read the OP. Because, like Luka has said, there is a lot of information in there, which can explain how everything works a lot better than I can.

Yeah - thank you both - I just was a bit confused at first, but everything's fine now.

I'd like to mention, that Luka brought up an interesting point here: How many people to vote for? Completely bad that people immediately said 'only one person'. Let's assume we have the following situation:
Player1 from A - 14
Right before shutdown:
Player2 from B - 1

It's not possible to vote all on one player, we need to have at least three people with majority, to have a small probability that we select two of them for killing. I believe the choice would be then peace, Shadow and me, since we're like the most used targets for day 1.

Since we have been troubleshooting the peace vs shadow vs me bandwagon, we have completely forgotten to discuss some important things: Roles.

• The drifter cannot be lynched day 1, and he's not in mafia interests, of neither universe, so he may want to get in suspicious at day 1: He doesn't want to risk being lynched day 2+, he doesn't want to be night killed.

• Every role is doubled in the game, there are four vanilla towns.

• Mafia Universe Cop - Get persons' universe αlign.

• Mafia Backup - No power at start; on teammate deαth: get persons' universe αlign.

• Town Universe Cop - Get persons' universe αlign.

• Town Fαction Cop - Get persons' fαction αlign.

• Town MαsonCommunicates with the other Mαson.

• Vanilla

The most important role here is the Faction Cop, I don't see a use for the Mason yet.

I also believe with Kira, it's currently

[3] Peace: Luka504, mrjawapa, Kira
[1] ShadowsEdge: NorwegianboyEE
[1] Anαtoly: TαskMαnαger

TaskManager does that every game, so we can't read anything from it.
The hunt for peace, understandable.
Interesting conflict between Norway and Shadow, Norweg, you've started it, can you summarise your reason?

That's sad that there's only one useful power role per faction. And about the votes: Since we have two mafia parties, I assume we can't state if M is mafia => B isn't (due to the universes), but we can state:

∁ - don't seem to be liking each other: Are for sure not in the same mafia universe combination.
peace ∁ Luka
peace ∁ Jawapa
peace ∁ Kira
Shadow ∁ Norweg
Anatoly ∁ Jawapa
which in fact doesn't give us anything.

Not voting now, since we have 30 more hours, guys let's don't hammer anyone, let's have a discussion.

@ShadowsEdge for long posts please add a tl;dr; here's mine:

The Faction Cop is the most important role we have.

#5 2019-09-21 16:40:14

Anatoly

Ah yes - and Lukas point that we should vote only one player is a bit vague, since

Anatoly wrote:

'd like to mention, that Luka brought up an interesting point here: How many people to vote for? Completely bad that people immediately said 'only one person'. Let's assume we have the following situation:
Player1 from A - 14
Right before shutdown:
Player2 from B - 1
It's not possible to vote all on one player, we need to have at least three people with majority, to have a small probability that we select two of them for killing. I believe the choice would be then peace, Shadow and me, since we're like the most used targets for day 1.

#6 2019-09-21 16:46:52

Anatoly

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

@ShadowsEdge for long posts please add a tl;dr; here's mine:

I do add a tl;dr if the post is extremely long (And technically I did add a tl;dr of the entire point of the post at the end, I just didn't put "tl;dr on it"

ShadowsEdge wrote:

My point is that, I cant change your minds, because you aren't willing to listen to what I have to say. You have the image of me that I'm set in stone to be mafia, yet never look at the alternative because you believe that I'm mafia, and thus far nothing has been able to change your minds.

This part is the tl;dr. Sorry for not mentioning it, but I didn't really seem like I needed to put a tl;dr, my post isn't really that long, it just looks long because I had a lot of quotes from other posts in there to talk about what I was trying to say. Hence why the post looked so long. My actual commentary isn't that long.

I usually don't read posts that are longer than my screen. Imagine being away for 5 hours in this game.

So.. what are your thoughts - who is mafia, who isn't?

#7 2019-09-21 16:47:36

Anatoly

@Diff please add a way to see if people responded to the topic while you have been typing, it's a bit annoying...

#8 2019-09-21 16:49:34

Anatoly

Also; is wooting actually allowed?

#9 2019-09-21 16:58:59

Anatoly

mrjawapa wrote:

Lol what?

I meant task manager. Sorry.

mrjawapa wrote:

Idk why you're claiming peace and I are definitely not in the same faction. I read about 10 words from peace, and decided that was all that was worth reading. I suggest policy lynching him, because he can't take the time to make his posts readable. I really don't care if he's a teammate or not.

Then.. what's the point in playing at all? We're in N1 and you're shooting your teammate? I thought we're all #fairplay.

#10 2019-09-21 18:05:02

Anatoly

I see taskmanager figured out my message and knows what universe I'm in. I hope trusting him was not a mistake. I'm also sure taskmanager is in my universe.

mrjawapa wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Then.. what's the point in playing at all? We're in N1 and you're shooting your teammate? I thought we're all #fairplay.

I really don't know what you're asking me.

Why would someone want to kill his teammate night 1 even if its' peace?

But there's something interesting about your message! See #94. Who would that detailed repeat someone else's message?

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't know what you're asking of me, I've explained how ...

#11 2019-09-21 18:05:22

Anatoly

Ah yes,

!vote ShadowsEdge

#12 2019-09-21 18:11:27

Anatoly

I believe ShadowsEdge think he'll be getting killed in real life https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol::lol::lol:

#13 2019-09-21 18:14:00

Anatoly

ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I see taskmanager figured out my message and knows what universe I'm in. I hope trusting him was not a mistake. I'm also sure taskmanager is in my universe.

And now you confirm something very obvious to see for anyone who pays a little bit of attention to Task's last post, so you're essentially universe-claiming...

Nope. I'm sure you're not looking close enough.

#14 2019-09-21 18:17:14

Anatoly

I'm going to sleep now. Next communication tomorrow morning, don't hammer anyone without me please!

#15 2019-09-21 18:21:56

Anatoly

mutantdevle wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I'd like to mention, that Luka brought up an interesting point here: How many people to vote for?

Oh yeah, I was gonna reply to that comment by Luka but forgot about it so thanks for reminding me.

I think that any attempts to try and regulate how many 'popular' wagons we have at any one time would be futile. However, I do encourage that people unvote on unsuccessful wagons towards the end of each day. The ideal situation is to have either 1 or 2 players who we genuinely want to see flip with the most votes with every other player having 0 votes on them. 1 wagon is optimal when the top 2 suspicious people are of the same universe whilst 2 wagons are optimal when the top 2 suspicious people are of different universes. 3+ people being voted for or 2 strong wagons of the same universe are bad as they provide mafia with additional information during the lynch. Unfortunately, it's impossible to achieve an optimal situation in every lynch, but in order to get as close to that as possible we should at the very least direct suspicion to those who refuse to make sacrifices to achieve the optimal scenario.

Also if we have like 6 people with only one votes we can get their universe align by day end. Thinking about two most-voted people and just some one-voted-ones? I mean it's obvious mafia gets advantages from it, but for 6 players, one or two mafia, that's also a good enough advantage for us, right?

#16 2019-09-21 18:29:37

Anatoly

mutantdevle wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Ah yes - and Lukas point that we should vote only one player is a bit vague

I personally think that voting 1 player each day is the optimal scenario as that deprives the mafia of as much information as possible.

However, lynching 2 players at once is most optimal when we know the universe of at least 1 player being lynched. So that means any information learnt about people's universes from the lynch would also serve the help the town a little if that person is also a lynch target for the next day.

That being said my claim of the universe made me victim for night 1 :/

Onjit wrote:

1. NorwegianboyEE - active
2. 2B55B5G TNG
3. TaskManager - active
4. Anatoly - active
5. mutantdevle - active
6. Luka504 - active
7. mrjawapa - active
8. ZeldaXD
9. Crybaby - active
10. Kirby
11. peace - active
12. Kira - active
13. ShadowsEdge - active
14. Andymakeer
15. eleizibeth

#17 2019-09-21 18:30:13

Anatoly

Ah yes ^ attached you can see who has responded so far.

#18 2019-09-21 18:34:36

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:

worst case scenario

On start the probability for this happening is way to high, agreed. Maybe D1 - X || Y, D2 - given on information 2 people, then only one per day?

Ah yes, based on Shadows cries I think he's not mafia.

!unvote

Anyone vote stats right now?

#19 2019-09-21 18:39:48

Anatoly

ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

And now you confirm something very obvious to see for anyone who pays a little bit of attention to Task's last post, so you're essentially universe-claiming...

Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt

Lingua Anglis dice!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Anatoly just can't keep anything secret can he?

I can when I feel there's a need of it to be secret.

====

Anybody votes?

^right now

#20 2019-09-21 18:41:08

Anatoly

ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt

Lingua Anglis dice!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Anatoly just can't keep anything secret can he?

I can when I feel there's a need of it to be secret.

====

Anybody votes?

^right now

#21 2019-09-21 18:43:24

Anatoly

oh **** my internet

#22 2019-09-21 19:10:22

Anatoly

ShadowsEdge wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Shadow, you came to the conclusion that your lynch was inevitable after 1 vote, 1 **** reason for being suspicious of you, and no alternatives being suggested after only 2 hours of you being voted. I don't see how you can honestly describe that as anything other than an overreaction. The reasons were weak, you knew that. Why on earth would you think that literally everyone else would suddenly join a wagon against you based on blatantly weak reasonings? Why would you think that no one else could possibly be seen as suspicious with over 30 hours still left in the day? The only way you could be that sure that you were 100% gonna die is if you thought the rest of us were immensely thick and were just gonna sheep everything Luka and Norwegian said.

My whole point is that no one else was going to be lynched. Plurality lynch takes place, so yes, I jumped to the conclusion. One vote on me, and no votes on anyone else. Just one vote. That makes me be lynched because plurality lynch takes place. It didn't matter if people joined a bandwagon on me, because if I was the only one being voted at the end of the day, I would be lynched either way, because of plurality.

I stuck by the stance of "I'm gonna be lynched" because what else was I supposed to believe? It was obvious Norwegian would not change his mind. And at the time I didn't think anyone else would be a target for lynch, because I didn't think Policy lynches would still ensue.

You're reaction was like me on stack exchange.

*Topic created*

*f*** it, again - 2 downvotes*

*2 hours later*

*13 upvotes*

Just be patient unlike me, and everything will be fine.

#23 2019-09-21 19:57:57

Anatoly

you realise the more you talk the more you are at suspect?

#24 2019-09-21 19:58:17

Anatoly

above post is deidcated to shadowsedge

#25 2019-09-22 07:01:08

Anatoly

About 20 hours remain. We don’t have enough information, for i’ll just vote completely random:

https://m.imgur.com/a/58uaxMx

!vote 2b55b5g tng
Onjit1631616771791313

Board footer