Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2019-09-21 18:05:02

Anatoly

Re: Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

I see taskmanager figured out my message and knows what universe I'm in. I hope trusting him was not a mistake. I'm also sure taskmanager is in my universe.

mrjawapa wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Then.. what's the point in playing at all? We're in N1 and you're shooting your teammate? I thought we're all #fairplay.

I really don't know what you're asking me.

Why would someone want to kill his teammate night 1 even if its' peace?

But there's something interesting about your message! See #94. Who would that detailed repeat someone else's message?

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't know what you're asking of me, I've explained how ...

#102 2019-09-21 18:05:22

Anatoly

Ah yes,

!vote ShadowsEdge

#103 2019-09-21 18:09:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

So saying that I was "overreacting" isn't so much as a stretch, but it isn't also so much as close to the truth. Yes, I'll admit I went a little overboard with it, but I honestly dont know what you expected me to do in that situation. I've shown the way that Norwegian went about trying to put suspicion on me. The only way I could have POSSIBLY changed their mind is by roleclaiming. And even in that sense, it wouldn't be guaranteed they'd change their mind.

You went more than a 'little' overboard. The arguments against you were weak and you assumed points of criticism against you that were never stated. Based on your performance last game, I'd have expected you to have a more calculated response to the posts (eg, deconstructing them and pointing out how **** they are), not seemingly lose your mind over it. The problem I'm having is that if you were this sensitive to accusations then at the very least you would have posted paranoia in the PT we shared last game. But you didn't, you were calm at all times. So I'm struggling to see how your panic and appeal to emotion is natural in this game.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Another note, I'm a guy, not a girl.

Oh right, it was your friend that was female right?

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I did go quickly into the "Yeah I'm gonna be lynched" quickly (First mentioned it in my 6th post), but thats because I felt that I couldn't change Norwegian's stance

And this isn't an overreaction, how? 1 person voting you isn't going to kill you.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

So in all reality, your opinion to wait for more input doesn't change anything about your stance, as you would know.

Actually, waiting would give Norwegian a consensus of whether other people want to lynch you too. As we've seen first-hand from previous games, how willing people are to lynch certain people can tell us something about their alignment. Besides, I'm 90% sure that his initial vote was just a placeholder, commonly referred to as RVS. If you didn't react the way you did then nothing would have come of Norwegian's vote.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I told people I knew I was destined for the hammer

And you came to this conclusion from 1 vote...

ShadowsEdge wrote:

When I read them I thought they were real comments. I didn't throw a "hisssy fit over mild comments," I got defensive because I thought I was being suspected on the premise of being mafia last game. And in that circumstance, how was I supposed to defend myself? Their evidence has no grounds to hold in this game, yet they used it openly. Although that isn't exactly what Norwegian did do, it's what I thought he was doing, hence why I took the route of "I'm destined to be lynched." But contrary to how Taskmanager sets it up, and to how you've set it up, I'm not encouraging people to lynch me, and I'm not faking my reaction.

None of this is a counter to my perspective on you. Last game you displayed to me a very logical approach to the game, yet here you are acting out of emotion. Faking emotion is a logical tactic which is why I think you're capable of it. You came across as someone who'd know how to defend themself. You point out their fallacy and if they still vote for you, you then don't panic just because a single person won't listen to reason. Also, in what way have I 'set it up' that you encouraged people to lynch you? All I've accused you of is faking an overreaction.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

2B55 proposed the idea that:

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

But think of it in another way, if Shadow is mafia will he act like this?

I tried to bring it up again, and it was, again, disregarded.

As a mafia member faking a reaction your intent is exactly 'I want them to buy this reaction as real because I wouldn't react like this as mafia'. So the very notion that you are pushing the idea that you wouldn't have overreacted if you were mafia just gives me more reason to believe that you faked your reaction.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#104 2019-09-21 18:10:09

ShadowsEdge

Anatoly wrote:

I see taskmanager figured out my message and knows what universe I'm in. I hope trusting him was not a mistake. I'm also sure taskmanager is in my universe.

mrjawapa wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Then.. what's the point in playing at all? We're in N1 and you're shooting your teammate? I thought we're all #fairplay.

I really don't know what you're asking me.

Why would someone want to kill his teammate night 1 even if its' peace?

But there's something interesting about your message! See #94. Who would that detailed repeat someone else's message?

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't know what you're asking of me, I've explained how ...

What? I don't understand how that makes you think I'm mafia. I just asked Norwegian to clarify what he's saying. It's not the first time, either. I've said a lot that I misunderstood questions. So I just said that because I thought I misunderstood Norwegian's question.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#105 2019-09-21 18:10:21

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Anatoly wrote:

And now you confirm something very obvious to see for anyone who pays a little bit of attention to Task's last post, so you're essentially universe-claiming...

gLjTZE1.png

#106 2019-09-21 18:11:27

Anatoly

I believe ShadowsEdge think he'll be getting killed in real life https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol::lol::lol:

#107 2019-09-21 18:14:00

Anatoly

ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

And now you confirm something very obvious to see for anyone who pays a little bit of attention to Task's last post, so you're essentially universe-claiming...

Nope. I'm sure you're not looking close enough.

#108 2019-09-21 18:17:14

Anatoly

I'm going to sleep now. Next communication tomorrow morning, don't hammer anyone without me please!

#109 2019-09-21 18:17:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Anatoly wrote:

I'd like to mention, that Luka brought up an interesting point here: How many people to vote for?

Oh yeah, I was gonna reply to that comment by Luka but forgot about it so thanks for reminding me.

I think that any attempts to try and regulate how many 'popular' wagons we have at any one time would be futile. However, I do encourage that people unvote on unsuccessful wagons towards the end of each day. The ideal situation is to have either 1 or 2 players who we genuinely want to see flip with the most votes with every other player having 0 votes on them. 1 wagon is optimal when the top 2 suspicious people are of the same universe whilst 2 wagons are optimal when the top 2 suspicious people are of different universes. 3+ people being voted for or 2 strong wagons of the same universe are bad as they provide mafia with additional information during the lynch. Unfortunately, it's impossible to achieve an optimal situation in every lynch, but in order to get as close to that as possible we should at the very least direct suspicion to those who refuse to make sacrifices to achieve the optimal scenario.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#110 2019-09-21 18:21:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Anatoly wrote:

i actually barely read your posts but that made me wonder, what made you think i figured out some message of yours, and i see what you mean now
honestly why would you do that

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#111 2019-09-21 18:21:21

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mutantdevle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

I told people I knew I was destined for the hammer

Am i the only one that laughs uncontrollably every-time i read this frigging paragraph? Haha, this game is great entertainment so far.

Mutantdevle wrote:

Besides, I'm 90% sure that his initial vote was just a placeholder, commonly referred to as RVS. If you didn't react the way you did then nothing would have come of Norwegian's vote.

I would also like to confirm this. I've been playing some games on Mafia-Scum as Mutant should be well aware of, so the concept of RVS has been firmly implanted inside me by now. Of course, the vote become something else entirely after watching ShadowsEdge have a meltdown from one measly little vote.

Mutantdevle wrote:

As a mafia member faking a reaction your intent is exactly 'I want them to buy this reaction as real because I wouldn't react like this as mafia'. So the very notion that you are pushing the idea that you wouldn't have overreacted if you were mafia just gives me more reason to believe that you faked your reaction.

Hmm...

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#112 2019-09-21 18:21:56

Anatoly

mutantdevle wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I'd like to mention, that Luka brought up an interesting point here: How many people to vote for?

Oh yeah, I was gonna reply to that comment by Luka but forgot about it so thanks for reminding me.

I think that any attempts to try and regulate how many 'popular' wagons we have at any one time would be futile. However, I do encourage that people unvote on unsuccessful wagons towards the end of each day. The ideal situation is to have either 1 or 2 players who we genuinely want to see flip with the most votes with every other player having 0 votes on them. 1 wagon is optimal when the top 2 suspicious people are of the same universe whilst 2 wagons are optimal when the top 2 suspicious people are of different universes. 3+ people being voted for or 2 strong wagons of the same universe are bad as they provide mafia with additional information during the lynch. Unfortunately, it's impossible to achieve an optimal situation in every lynch, but in order to get as close to that as possible we should at the very least direct suspicion to those who refuse to make sacrifices to achieve the optimal scenario.

Also if we have like 6 people with only one votes we can get their universe align by day end. Thinking about two most-voted people and just some one-voted-ones? I mean it's obvious mafia gets advantages from it, but for 6 players, one or two mafia, that's also a good enough advantage for us, right?

#113 2019-09-21 18:22:21

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Ah yes - and Lukas point that we should vote only one player is a bit vague

I personally think that voting 1 player each day is the optimal scenario as that deprives the mafia of as much information as possible.

However, lynching 2 players at once is most optimal when we know the universe of at least 1 player being lynched. So that means any information learnt about people's universes from the lynch would also serve the help the town a little if that person is also a lynch target for the next day.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#114 2019-09-21 18:25:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I never told anyone to lynch me. Why are you still pushing the idea that I'm encouraging people to lynch me?

that's the impression i got from your posts in that long page 1-3 conversation
you were saying "my lynch is inevitable; im dead now" (paraphrasing) a bunch of times

i8SwC8p.png

#115 2019-09-21 18:27:04

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

I'm reading through the thread, Mutantdevle is looking town so far this game, he's actually trying to solve the game from the start this time. In the previous game (where he was mafia), he was quite "away", didn't look like he was really trying to solve the game (because he wasn't) until he got pressure and people started to suspect him as mafia. This time he is more like the Mutantdevle from PurgatorEE so I'm reading him as town for now.

You're 100% going to think I'm mafia later in this game.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#116 2019-09-21 18:29:12

ShadowsEdge

mutantdevle wrote:

Also, in what way have I 'set it up' that you encouraged people to lynch you? All I've accused you of is faking an overreaction.

That part was meant about what Taskmanager said. Not about you. (I had it listed to what I was claimed as by each of you in order of which person did what, sorry for the confusion).

mutantdevle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

I explained before that the reason I specifically reacted that way is because there was no viable way I could have defended myself. I could have just done nothing, but what would that have gotten me? Still being voted on by Norwegian, because his focus was on me at the time. And how was I supposed to ignore the fact that Luka started bringing it up as well? Was I just supposed to ignore multiple people and let all of them just eventually have a chance of changing their mind?

mutantdevle wrote:

Onjit said there's plurality lynch in effect on this game. So yes, I went to that conclusion because Norwegian voted for me, Luka joined in on the suspicion, and there was no one else being suspected, nor anyone else that would be suspected.

mutantdevle wrote:

And this isn't an overreaction, how? 1 person voting you isn't going to kill you.

Read the above reasoning.

mutantdevle wrote:

You went more than a 'little' overboard. The arguments against you were weak and you assumed points of criticism against you that were never stated. Based on your performance last game, I'd have expected you to have a more calculated response to the posts (eg, deconstructing them and pointing out how **** they are), not seemingly lose your mind over it. The problem I'm having is that if you were this sensitive to accusations then at the very least you would have posted paranoia in the PT we shared last game. But you didn't, you were calm at all times. So I'm struggling to see how your panic and appeal to emotion is natural in this game.

Norwegian's at the time I didn't think was a joke lynch, and Luka's was just joining on it. All of you guys are saying that I'm "Paranoid" and "nervous" just because I'm actually defending myself this game. How does me defending myself come off as a scum appeal? I didn't defend myself last game because I saw no reason to. This game, there is reason, because I'm being lynched on premises that make absolutely no sense. And on the point that I didn't do a more "calculated response" to the post:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Norwegian, I have a question. I know you're doing this because of last game, but why are you starting a lynch against me so early?

ShadowsEdge wrote:

You seem very confident on lynching me, and we've only gotten into the 19th post of the game. This is highly different from how you played last game, where you advised against lynching so early, and even brought up suspicion against Luka simply for starting a lynch against someone so early.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Every point I make, you and Norwegian find a way to turn it around at me. And for what, the game has barely started, and the both of you are deliberately trying to set suspicion on me. And I see that, because Norwegian makes it so that there's no claims that I can make:

The claim that I'm just giving up is absolutely false. I accepted the fact that yes, I will be lynched. But my "overreaction" is nothing. Because I was pointing out flaws in their logic. But again, no matter what I do, it's all pushed to the side to think that I'm Mafia and no other possible option is available.

I'm not panicking, I'm not having paranoia. I'm simply stating what I think to be true. Yes I think I'll be lynched. But how does me thinking I'll be lynched make you think I'm "being paranoid" or "panicking." Sure, there's alternatives, but what possible alternatives could come from any of this if the focus has been completely on me?

Also, I was very nervous last game as Mafia. I was just able to hide it. I held out this stance of "I'm not paranoid, we can win this" sort of mood, because doing that made it easier to hide my paranoia from possibly being revealed last game. I just never showed it, because I felt it was best for me as Mafia, and for the group as Mafia if I held out in a position where I looked like I wasn't breaking down.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#117 2019-09-21 18:29:37

Anatoly

mutantdevle wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I personally think that voting 1 player each day is the optimal scenario as that deprives the mafia of as much information as possible.

However, lynching 2 players at once is most optimal when we know the universe of at least 1 player being lynched. So that means any information learnt about people's universes from the lynch would also serve the help the town a little if that person is also a lynch target for the next day.

That being said my claim of the universe made me victim for night 1 :/

Onjit wrote:

1. NorwegianboyEE - active
2. 2B55B5G TNG
3. TaskManager - active
4. Anatoly - active
5. mutantdevle - active
6. Luka504 - active
7. mrjawapa - active
8. ZeldaXD
9. Crybaby - active
10. Kirby
11. peace - active
12. Kira - active
13. ShadowsEdge - active
14. Andymakeer
15. eleizibeth

#118 2019-09-21 18:30:13

Anatoly

Ah yes ^ attached you can see who has responded so far.

#119 2019-09-21 18:31:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

That's a valid point but I don't think we should always stick to lynching 1 person per day
If there are two scummy targets or a TvS situation, it'd be worthy voting up on both imo
Plus there's 4 mafias with 10 townies, with 1 lynch per day and on average 1 townie death at night (or 2 in worst case scenario), lynching 1 player per day is dangerously slow

i8SwC8p.png

#120 2019-09-21 18:33:11

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit said there's plurality lynch in effect on this game. So yes, I went to that conclusion because Norwegian voted for me, Luka joined in on the suspicion, and there was no one else being suspected, nor anyone else that would be suspected.

There was literally 45 hours left of in-game time when i placed my vote... You know how fast wagons can come and go right?

#121 2019-09-21 18:33:18

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Anatoly wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt

gLjTZE1.png

#122 2019-09-21 18:34:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Anatoly wrote:

There's only 1 reason someone who is town would say something like this: stupidity.

Let me just make this clear to everyone:

Do. Not. Give. Hints. About. Yours. Or. Anyone. Else's. Universe.

Whilst it can help the town a little, it helps the mafia a lot more. Finding out people's universes will be like breaking your arm and then getting to not do some work in school. Like sure it's cool you got to get out of doing some work, but you shouldn't be breaking your arm just to get out of doing some work.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#123 2019-09-21 18:34:36

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:

worst case scenario

On start the probability for this happening is way to high, agreed. Maybe D1 - X || Y, D2 - given on information 2 people, then only one per day?

Ah yes, based on Shadows cries I think he's not mafia.

!unvote

Anyone vote stats right now?

#124 2019-09-21 18:36:46

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Anatoly just can't keep anything secret can he?

Wooted by:

#125 2019-09-21 18:39:48

Anatoly

ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt

Lingua Anglis dice!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Anatoly just can't keep anything secret can he?

I can when I feel there's a need of it to be secret.

====

Anybody votes?

[3] Peace: Luka504, mrjawapa, Kira
[1] ShadowsEdge: NorwegianboyEE
[1] Anαtoly: TαskMαnαger

^right now

Onjit1631616771791313

Board footer