Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-18 22:16:22, last edited by Kira (2019-08-31 19:31:22)

Kira

Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

MAFIA 29: The French Revolution

Moderator: Kira

4-1.jpg

Playerlist: (TBD)

-Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
-TaskManager
-2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
-NorwegianboyEE - Doctor
-mutantdevle
-ShadowsEdge
-Zumza - Villager
-MrJawapa - Jester - Winner
-ZeldaXD
-Eleizibeth - Vanilla Townie
-Slabdrill
-Bimps (Replacing HeebusBajesus)
-Crybaby - Veteran

RULES:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the forum rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 72 hours (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 24 hours.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- You are expected to put a minimum of effort in your posts.
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Make your vote clear and visible.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then the day will go overtime.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may PM your night action every night.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- #2EFFBD is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

ROLELIST:

Vanilla Town:
-Le Vétéran (Veteran): You are the Veteran, a crazy lunatic that will kill anyone that decides to visit you at night. You can only use your ability 2 times, send me a private message at night time when you decide to use your ability.
-Le Guet (Look-out): You are the Look-out, your ability is to observe a player and see who visited them during a particular night. You can use your role as many times as you want, but you cannot visit the same person twice.
-Le Médecin (Doctor): You are the Doctor, your ability is to protect anyone from dying in a particular night. You are allowed to heal yourself once but you cannot heal the same person twice.
-6 Villageois (Villagers)

Mafia Goon:
-Le Déguiseur (Disguiser): You are the Disguiser. You may disguise as a living target, which makes you appear as that person’s role, should you die that night or the following day.
-Le Concierge (Janitor): You are the Janitor. your ability is to completely erase one’s identity, as such, the murdered’s role and note will not be revealed. You can use your ability 2 times.
-Godfather

Neutral Evil:
-Le Boufon (Jester): You are the Jester! You are obsessed with the guillotine and hope to get lynched at all cost. Upon lynch, you will get the chance to kill anyone that voted for your death.

SETUP:

-3 Mafias
-9 Townies
-1 Neutral

-Win condition for Mafia is to have at least 1 Mafia alive at the end of the game. If 1 town and 1 mafia are alive, then Mafia will automatically win the game.
-Win condition for Town is to have killed all mafia members and the neutral.
-Win condition for Neutral is to get lynched.
-Mafia will have private room they can use at all time, there won't be any Martyr PT.
-The game will be based on a day and night cycle, the timezone used will be GMT +1, Paris. https://time.is/fr/Paris

HAVE FUN!

#2 2019-08-20 05:29:44

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

College started today so sorry for my inactivity. I'll post some reads in a few minutes

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#3 2019-08-20 05:40:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

Luka - I dont find him that crazy suspicious because Slabdrill does indeed tend to be very, very inactive in games. I don't know that lynching inactives is the greatest strategy right now, but Luka's reasons for suggesting Slabdrill seem genuine. Throughout the games we've played together, Slabdrill never had any really significant impact until the later half of the game. This did not change based on what side he was on. He did it as a Mafia member, he did it as a town member.

Slabdrill - That being said, that just makes him harder to read. Slabdrill I expect to see more activity from you. I would like some thoughtful discussion. If I dont get much from you, I'll suspect you started after round 3.

Mutantdevle - A little suspicious. He claimed that lynching Slabdrill on day 1 would be viable, but narrow minded, and I dont exactly agree with this. Slabdrill is a "useful lurker", according to him. In the last game, he was useful to you because he blindly followed your plan, and you never even suspected him as a possibility, and in the game where I was a serial killer, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and killed an innocent because Slabdrill was a lurker, but he ended up being Mafia anyway. I dont think lynching him is very narrow minded at all, considering what we know about Slabdrill.

I have more

21cZxBv.png

#4 2019-08-20 06:07:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

Okay, so I did miss a few posts and I'd like to edit some things about what I said. I said that Mutantdevle is suspicious for saying what he did, but he did end up saying that Slab is the most optimal choice, and voted, so I dont see him as suspicious anymore. Keep in mind though, this sort of makes me want to connect him to Luka/2B.

Norwegianboy - I dont think there are any solid grounds to say that Eleizibeth is just going to be a **** like what sxrrealism was. His willingness to lynch her for night 1 ****, something Luka and Taskmanager also did a little bit, seems off to me. There would have to be another reason to suspect Elei for her to be as reasonable of a choice as... say, Slabdrill. Unless he's been hiding that reason for some reason, then I get bad vibes from Norboy because of this. I would like to see his response to 2B's questions earlier, though.

ShadowsEdge- You've been very open with people in this game so far. Most of what you said seems genuine, and you seem like a generally helpful townie. However, I notice a few things. You've said that Mrjawapa seems like he is defending Luka, and consider him suspicious for doing so, and you also think that TaskManager seems townie for calling Luka out on his assessment of Slabdrill. There are other people that you've said seem suspicious for seemingly backing up Luka, but from my reading of the thread, it doesn't really seem like anyone has the intention of protecting him (now 2B). I dont have a town read on Luka/2B, and 2B's first post did give "damage control" vibes as TaskManager had stated before, but that's only because 2B doesnt necessarily agree with Luka's actions. Basically, the point is, I dont think it's fair to just think people who want to lynch Slabdrill right now as suspicious.

I've kind of lost my train of thought but I'll post again probably, if I can remember if I missed anything

21cZxBv.png

#5 2019-08-20 06:16:18

Minimania
Moderation Team

Well, it's kind of the same here, but I have no access to a computer at all. I'm limiting my time on it as it is pretty badly busted, and if I ever do go on it, it's probably going to be once a week at best. I dont intend on this being an excuse not to post, as I'll still try to be as active as I possibly can on mobile, but.. yeah. Me too, basically

21cZxBv.png

#6 2019-08-20 06:24:37

Minimania
Moderation Team

I just noticed something about myself too. I'm gonna keep trying to have some sort of structure to my posts, but I think they tend to get ramble-y so sorry about that. I think this is because I'm just typing what ever comes to mind. I'll try not to do that anymore, so my posts have more structure. I also dont want to misspeak (like I did with Luka)

21cZxBv.png

#7 2019-08-20 08:14:47

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

His willingness to lynch her for night 1 ****, something Luka and Taskmanager also did a little bit, seems off to me

Uh am i missing something
When did I express willingness to lynching Ele
Also diff fix forum censors ffs I have them OFF WHY do I see *s??????

not lynching elei

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Joey, while agreeing with what i said. Also seems a bit suspicious because of how he agreed with me and voted without any further elaboration, almost like he wanted to start a bandwagon without needing to justify himself by noting why he agreed with what i said.

Valid, but I'm still going to suspect you for the time being.

21cZxBv.png

#8 2019-08-20 08:15:51

Minimania
Moderation Team

Sorry I'll elaborate further. The comma in my post should have been made a "for". His willingness to lynch Elei for something you and Luka did a little

21cZxBv.png

#9 2019-08-20 08:19:09

Minimania
Moderation Team

Yeah, the sendors suck

sorry for not wording that the way I meant to

21cZxBv.png

#10 2019-08-20 08:19:39

Minimania
Moderation Team

censors*

what the **** I'm becoming peace

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (4)

#11 2019-08-20 11:56:32

Minimania
Moderation Team

Get well soon JoeyC
(and you too Luka, saying this as I wasnt there for when he was replaced by 2b)

21cZxBv.png

#12 2019-08-20 21:54:38

Minimania
Moderation Team

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

that he's not gonna type whatever comes to mind, I was a little bit suspicious of him, but anyway.

Valid to be wary of this from me, but what I meant was I would try not to let this form of giving my thoughts detract from the structure of my posts. I didnt mean to say that I wouldn't be giving you my full and honest thoughts.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I can understand how it's connected to Luka, because both Luka and Mutant pushed for Slabdrill lynch, but why is it connected to me

Only on principle that you took over for Luka. I did note that you dont agree with Luka, though.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#13 2019-08-20 21:58:47

Minimania
Moderation Team

Also, thank you Slabdrill for participating on day 1, and thank you for the read list.

21cZxBv.png

#14 2019-08-20 22:13:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

tfw you have to be thankful for people actually playing a game they signed up for

valid

as for how I'm acting right now @Slabdrill
My computer busted in the middle of last game, and I was able to use it less and less, until I just couldn't anymore. I wanted to use that as an excuse to be less active, and to hopefully fly under the radar in the late game, and ride off of what people thought of me earlier on in the game. In this game, I no longer wish to use this as an excuse to be inactive. I'm trying to participate as actively as I can on mobile, and I hope that it shows. For anybody who wishes to suspect me based off of this change, or based off of the fact that I'm pointing it out, then okay. That's valid, but note I dont generally like claiming to be a town member. It isnt that I'm not a townie (even though in the most recent games Im not), but I just dont think it's fair for me to put myself in the town section of my own reads list. Not only would it influence people's thoughts about me possibly either positively or negatively, but it would just be out of character for me. I accept what people say about me in their reads on me, as most often they bring up a valid point. If they don't, or there's a misunderstanding, then I'll try to correct it, and those interactions are what I hope influence people's opinion about me. Statistically speaking, I am possibly a part of the Mafia, but unlikely. I know that I'm a town member, but you don't, and generally I just like to focus on what other people think about each other, and just give what I think about other people. In other words, I dont much like to make it about me. That can be seen as suspicious, or a way of saying "I dont want there to be heat on me", which is valid, but if I die, I die. I just want what I say to help in the end.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#15 2019-08-20 22:28:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

elaboration: I dont mind being a target, itll better let me know who to look into

21cZxBv.png

#16 2019-08-20 23:07:16

Minimania
Moderation Team

I didnt do that to defend myself, honestly I see it as kind of dumping on myself

21cZxBv.png

#17 2019-08-20 23:08:59

Minimania
Moderation Team

I just wanted to get it out of the way, so that my intentions are 100% clear

21cZxBv.png

#18 2019-08-21 00:55:46

Minimania
Moderation Team

Refreshing doesn't lead you to the most recent page. Kind of a bad excuse but I understand it at least

21cZxBv.png

#19 2019-08-21 09:38:01

Minimania
Moderation Team

Thank you for explaining your strategy Norboy. It calms some of the suspicions I have about you. Do know this, though: you and I have played together before and I know how capable you are, so it wouldn't be above you if this were an elaborate lie.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#20 2019-08-21 09:43:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

@Norwegianboy

Let's say the town decides to lynch Slabdrill and he turns out to be Mafia. What do you think we should do?

What if the town decides to lynch TaskManager, and they flip town? Or any of the other people you mentioned, for that matter

21cZxBv.png

#21 2019-08-21 11:13:03

Minimania
Moderation Team

This is still night 1, so any lynch we do is going to likely just be a shot in the dark. However  since it's gonna be the only safe flip, we need to make this one count. That's why people are doing a lot more on this night 1 as opposed to other games, rather than just a bandwagon being formed on an inactive person AMD everybody just looking at the people who voted. Brilliant setup imo Kira, it makes it really feel like this first lynch is really important, and we should make it count. That's why I think maybe lynching based off of activity alone isn't the smartest idea.

What do you think of this @Task, Norboy, and Slabdrill?

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2019-08-21 21:49:13

Minimania
Moderation Team

Just woke up. I'll have to go to class in a few hours, and I'll be staying there for a few more, so I'll share my thoughts.

There are two main lynch targets right now, Slabdrill and Norwegianboy

Slabdrill - Lynching him would remove a largely inactive player from the game. If he flips Mafia, then that's good news for if we enter later stages in this game, as we won't have to worry about reading him. However, whether he flips town or Mafia, it doesn't give us any information on who to trust next. People are still going to suspect Norwegianboy, and if Norboy is indeed Mafia, then the disguiser will surely swap their role card before anyone else.

Norwegianboy - Lynching him would remove an active player in the game, one that if they are town, delivers a lot of useful information to the town. This is bad news if we enter the late game, as we will have one less person to help snuff out who is suspicious. However, we have other people who are capable of being very helpful as well. If we lynch Norwegianboy tonight, however, we will gain certain benefits. Since night 1 is the only night we can get a confirmed flip, we will be certain of Norwegianboy's alignment. If they flip town, then we will know that he was sincere in his words, and we won't have to suspect Slabdrill as much by association with him. If he flips Mafia, however, then we know we won't be able to trust Slabdrill, and we will have a leading lynch target for tomorrow.

I recall someone earlier asking that we should lynch Norboy tonight, and then lynch Slabdrill tomorrow. I don't remember if that was Norboy himself, but if it was, then that would mean he probably isn't the disguised, and he wants the disguiser to cover up Slabdrill, or perhaps it means Slabdrill himself is the disguiser. Either way, we will only gain this information if we lynch Norwegianboy tonight.

Sorry Norboy.
!lynch Norwegianboy

L-2

21cZxBv.png

#23 2019-08-21 21:50:32

Minimania
Moderation Team

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote peace

Because his posts are annoying

We already discussed how policy lynching isnt the best idea on day 1 AND have at least two better candidates, and you chose Peace anyway? ?

21cZxBv.png

#24 2019-08-21 22:16:05

Minimania
Moderation Team

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I didn't say that. If you're wondering what i did say, i said that if Slabdrill is voted and flips mafia then the town should lynch me next.

Even more suspicious, because it gives the disguiser a chance to cover you up.

21cZxBv.png

#25 2019-08-21 22:20:43

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm already keeping track of that

21cZxBv.png

peace1567329158761133

Board footer