Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-08 15:08:29, last edited by TaskManager (2017-08-19 01:41:30)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

Welcome to the Mafia 13!

The sign up thread can be found here.

This is a closed setup.
The rolecards that have been found by the Town on the bodies of dead people will be listed in the 2nd post of the thread.

Please read the rules thanks

General Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

Roles have been sent out.

The sun rises above the Town and the Day 1 begins! This is a short day and will last 24 hours. You can lynch during this day. 7 votes needed for majority.
The day will end on August 9th, 22:00 UTC or when a majority has been reached.

Current UTC time can be seen here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#2 2017-08-08 23:05:32

Onjit
Website

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

wow only two people have responded

i think its time to quit this game maxi

:.|:;

#3 2017-08-08 23:13:25, last edited by Onjit (2017-08-08 23:30:56)

Onjit
Website

also you didnt disable editing and allow isolate

ROOKIE MISTAKE

test edit

Wooted by:

#4 2017-08-09 01:17:17

Onjit
Website

Also claiming vanilla townie what now

#5 2017-08-09 02:33:38

Onjit
Website

Claiming pistachio townie what now

Wooted by:

#6 2017-08-09 09:23:37

Onjit
Website

wow great start to the game maxi

#7 2017-08-09 09:49:39

Onjit
Website

Luka504 wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

Should we let fate pick the first lynch?

Yeah no. I'd rather not repeat last game's fiasco.

Hmmmm....
I wonder why you'd object to that?? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

although I'm not completely sold on "must lynch day one" meta
like I understand that it's
M A T H E M A T I C A L L Y C O R R E C T
but still :/

#8 2017-08-11 02:13:38

Onjit
Website

Can I ask what information specifically was shared between Luka and Devlin? It seems pretty sus imo so it could use some explaining

Also, luka, if you are the doctor like he claims, who did you target?

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2017-08-11 03:22:46

Onjit
Website

jkdrip wrote:
AlphaJon wrote:

Well, I believe you're mafia, JaWapa, because I roleblocked you tonight.

!vote MrJaWapa

Could you elaborate on this, please? (I was even polite about it)

As I understand it, roleblocking prevents a user from doing something but doesn't tell you what their role is (or I could be wrong idk). How does roleblocking jawa tell you he's mafia?

I'm pretty sure that AlphaJon is saying that because he roleblocked Jawapa, and there was no kill, then Jawapa was the mafia doing the kill

Wooted by:

#10 2017-08-11 03:23:19

Onjit
Website

nvm you ninja'd me

#11 2017-08-11 06:50:30

Onjit
Website

Alright, I'm back from uni, so I can actually make a long post

---

Right now we have two main stories:

Luka (doctor) protected Devlin
and
AlphaJon (roleblocker) blocked Jawapa

---

This raises a few questions:

1) Who was the mafia's target?
2) Are either of these claims true, and if so, which one?

---

MrJaWapa wrote:

Also, I asked for RB to come forward earlier. I wouldn't have done that knowing I was RB'd. That's even dumber.

This suggests to me that Jawapa didn't know he was role blocked, so I'd ask
3) @maxi: how detailed are you with night feedback?

Because if Jawapa wasn't actually roleblocked, then that obviously leads to suspicions that Alphajon's claim is false (which would mean that devlin was definitely the target).
Of course on the flipside, if he actually was roleblocked, which would make it uncertain who the actual target was.

---

Also, I'm not sure if either of them have been online, but what specifically was shared between Luka and Sapizza and Devlin?
Because as it stands now, it seems to me that Luka's claim has been effectively confirmed by Maxi calling them out on it.
ie. I don't think Maxi (as a host trying to balance the game) would want to just nuke one of the town's strongest roles on D2.

---

Final thoughts:
Luka's claim is true
Alpha's claim is dubious to me at the moment

Jawapa's talk about specific words on the role card seems like a stretch, but it could be either way. Seems like an odd gambit to pull as scum though. It's almost the equivalent of saying "my role card has green text on it just like yours so therefore i'm town"

I dunno, I'm probably looking at the wrong things :/

---

As for what the setup is, to answer Hummerz's question

We (supposedly) know two of the roles from the town: Doctor, RB
I'd assume that Maxi went for a pretty standard setup, so I'd say there's like an investigator on the town as well, either a role cop or just an alignment cop
There might be a Vig in the town as well, depending on how powerful he made the mafia. At any rate, because there wasn't a kill N1, we can assume that if there is a vig, they're not in the hands of a nub. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

As for the mafia, I'd say that there's likely 2 of the following: Cop, RB, Watcher, Framer
I'd think that the third member would probably be either a Goon or a Backup.

As for neutral roles, if there is one, I'd say it'd probably be an executioner, since it seems unlikely that two kills were stopped in the same night.
Also a 10v3 setup is more balanced than a 9v3v1 setup imo

Of course this is all speculation, because who knows, there might be no mafia at all! (what a dumb idea)

---

I might post a full list of readings later if anything interesting comes up/lurkers actually post something

Wooted by:

#12 2017-08-11 10:34:10

Onjit
Website

What's the current votecount? I'm going to vote Jawapa but I don't want to take it to Hammertown.

#13 2017-08-11 10:48:08

Onjit
Website

It seems like it'd be pretty foolish for the mafia to use RNG, there's no benefit to them strategically.
Usually the meta for mafia choosing who to kill is: PRs > Vocal players > Lurkers

I find it more likely that they would have targeted Luka, who admitted to being the doctor D1 iirc.

Wooted by:

#14 2017-08-11 10:52:19

Onjit
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:
Onjit wrote:

It seems like it'd be pretty foolish for the mafia to use RNG, there's no benefit to them strategically.

I'm not getting it. Jawa used to start RNG elimination on D1

We used RNG because we didn't have any information

The mafia has all the information, so they would want to use the kill properly

#15 2017-08-11 15:35:58

Onjit
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

So you're saying a vig might very well have waited on n1 so they aren't hunted down? Is that good strategy?

I guess, but what I was trying to say is that if there is a vig (and of course I'm just speculating), it's probably not someone who would
a)not read their card properly, or
b)be super trigger happy.

I don't think I need to specify who I'm talking about //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#16 2017-08-12 02:13:33

Onjit
Website

I just finished reading through the 6 pages worth of discussion, and I feel like this is something that no-one has brought up yet:

I think Anatoly pushing Luka so hard for being the doctor almost confirms his story. The reason I say this is beacuse I don't think that Anatoly would lie when he gets in his super panicky state. Alongside the whole Sapizza thing, that was pretty much confirmed by Maxi, leads me to think that Devlin was in fact targeted by the mafia.
Now whether Jawapa was also roleblocked and both happened at the same time, it seems unlikely but possible.

idk I could also just be bamboozling myself
That quote from Luka is pretty suspect

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2017-08-12 06:19:00

Onjit
Website

jkdrip wrote:

I'm confused. Why would you vote for the person you think is a witch?

Witches and similar neutral roles are usually immune to nightkills. Hence, the only way to get rid of them is to lynch them

Wooted by:

#18 2017-08-12 17:06:28

Onjit
Website

Honestly, I think that Luka is innocent, and that Jawapa is playing us for fools.

Either way, I'm not going to lynch our doctor.

I'm going to sleep now, try not to hammer before I wake up this time please

!vote Jawapa

#19 2017-08-15 02:26:32

Onjit
Website

Devlin wrote:

A worrying thought just occurred to me. If we eliminate all the Mafia does the SK take over the town? If so the SK should be top priority because that would mean if we lynch the final Mafia member we ironically lose...

The rolecard says "You will win when all threats to the town are eliminated." ie. Mafia/SK

Question: Would a witch count as a threat? Like all they do is switch people's night actions.
Also would an executioner count as a threat? They're only a threat to their target, not the whole town.

#20 2017-08-15 02:27:23

Onjit
Website

Holy **** the [ins ] tag is ugly

Remind me to never use that again

#21 2017-08-15 04:43:17

Onjit
Website

hummerz5 wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Question: Would a witch count as a threat? Like all they do is switch people's night actions.

fair but that mischief, when used at all, hinders the town. as such, they have a negative effect

but I mean if they sided with town then that'd be swell because then at least there'd be some predictability so that, say, the vigilante doesn't get swapped by an idiot witch

i was thinking that, my question was more directed at maxi specifically since he's the one who'd make that decision

#22 2017-08-15 23:40:58

Onjit
Website

While looking at the player list, it doesn't seem likely, I feel like it's possible that the vig was a nub and just fired a round semi-randomly. We have had games where players just decided to kill whoever they wanted.

Alternatively, there could be a role that prevents night checks or is a bodyguard type role.

However I think the most likely explanation is that there is a SK

Sorry if none of that made any sense, I've had like 3hrs sleep

Wooted by:

#23 2017-08-16 01:00:01

Onjit
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

wait what about this for luka

they really aren't the healer person but the actual healer is healing the pretend until someone more useful shows up?

I mean to be fair, as protector you have a pretty big unknown. Picking someone other than luka assumes they'll actually be a target. For two nights, though, luka has been a pretty reasonable pick. Maybe just the first. Then someone decided "hey let's not bother trying to kill luka if he just gets protected"

or on the other hand they're something entirely different and not nk-able

maybe you're the one with 3 hours sleep because that makes literally no sense

#24 2017-08-16 11:42:43

Onjit
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

^ d1 they go after luka because claim. real healer heals luka because illusion

d2 they go after not luka because they expect them to be re-healed. healer can heal alphajon

a whimsical theory but not "literally no sense" as far as I see

Ah that actually makes some sense.
I think it's unlikely, especially given the whole sapizza debacle, but it doesn't make "literally no sense".
I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

---

As for EB's plan, I think it has some flaws in that scum could just skip a night like Proc suggests, but I think that we're close enough to winning the game that they'd be more likely to take action.
I think that Slabdrill's general lack of contribution and ease of jumping on wagons leads me to believe that he's our greatest suspect.

!vote Slabdrill

#25 2017-08-16 11:43:48

Onjit
Website

Onjit wrote:
Devlin wrote:

A worrying thought just occurred to me. If we eliminate all the Mafia does the SK take over the town? If so the SK should be top priority because that would mean if we lynch the final Mafia member we ironically lose...

The rolecard says "You will win when all threats to the town are eliminated." ie. Mafia/SK

Also would an executioner count as a threat? They're only a threat to their target, not the whole town.

Also @maxi you never answered this question

Wooted by:
AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer