Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#551 2017-08-15 04:43:17

Onjit
Website

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

hummerz5 wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Question: Would a witch count as a threat? Like all they do is switch people's night actions.

fair but that mischief, when used at all, hinders the town. as such, they have a negative effect

but I mean if they sided with town then that'd be swell because then at least there'd be some predictability so that, say, the vigilante doesn't get swapped by an idiot witch

i was thinking that, my question was more directed at maxi specifically since he's the one who'd make that decision

:.|:;

#552 2017-08-15 08:07:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny wrote:
Devlin wrote:

A worrying thought just occurred to me. If we eliminate all the Mafia does the SK take over the town? If so the SK should be top priority because that would mean if we lynch the final Mafia member we ironically lose...

!Unvote

How would that make any sense? If we still have people to vote for lynches during the day then the game shouldn't end.

Nvm, I looked back over my sources of information where I study the different roles and I found no variation of the SK that can do that. I was getting the SK confused with an uncommon variation of the witch which is almost never used. I don't think we have to worry about lynching the last Mafia and losing.

!Vote Slabdrill

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#553 2017-08-15 11:21:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

also whats the point of d1 lynches anyway everyone knows they dont lead to anything

Was against a D1 lynch which would negatively impact town. Jkdrip also supported this idea.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote luka

i dont like rng lynching but how else is town gonna win

If you don't like RNG lynches the why would you follow one? The second half of the statement suggests that you will just blindly follow any wagon just for the sake of lynching people which I personally consider a scummy thing to do.

Slabdrill wrote:

i want to get a lynch down because it lowers the chance of mafia killing everyone. if evilbunny ends up with more votes with luka i'll switch to them.

This further develops my point that Slabdrill seems to just want a lynch for the sake of a lynch. Lynching so carelessly like this would only benefit scum and not Mafia.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote devlin

not sure who else to pick im following jkdrip's logic

Here Slabdrill blindly follows Jkdrip who we know to be Mafia. Slabdrill doesn't give any justification for the vote himself other than that Jkdrip came up with the idea. This strikes me as suspicious.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote processor

they havent posted yet that makes them a potential suspect

I believe this is the only idea Slabdrill has put across himself. But let's be honest here, not posting by itself is not the most scum like action. Being erratic with your vote however is.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote luka
more votes on one person = lower chance i get lynch

Again with the erratic voting. But notice Slabdrill's motive for the vote? He has no intention of helping the town... he doesn't care whether Luka is mafia or not nor does he justify his vote with the RNG. His vote is purely for his own gain.

Slabdrill wrote:

i wouldnt vote if it werent for the fact that im getting quite close to tying for 1st (i dont care if someone gets lynched or not even if its probably a good idea)

Again, Slabdrill states he does not have the town's interests at heart when he decides who to vote for. He is only voting for his own benefit.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote jawapa

i mightve missed a few posts but ive read most of whats being said, and i agree that seeing jawapa's role would be beneficial to discovering the others.

Slabdrill wrote:

I'm not too sure if jawa is mafia (i'm inclined to think they arent; hard to tell with how much people lie) but i'm willing to take the risk to have some confirmed roles

Again with the vote changed and even then Slabdrill is still uncertain of himself. Now you might not realise it from these quotes but Slabdrill is actually indirectly following Jkdrip's ideas here. If you look back through the thread you will see that it was Jkdrip who first suggested the idea of lynching Jawapa for information:

jkdrip wrote:

The last time I gave out my list of suspects I didn't include you, but that was because I thought you were confirmed by the role card. That is no longer the case. It's still a toss-up between you and Luka actually being mafia imo, but lynching you gives more information pertaining to why nobody was night killed, as well as not risking our doctor(???).

I then greatly elaborated on this idea but ultimately it was one of Jkdrip's. So in some sense Slabdrill is following Jkdrip here.

Slabdrill wrote:

@alphajon: the reason im not saying much is because i just dont have much to say. having occasional posts is better than not posting at all which is why im doing it. it doesnt help that i only check this thread every once in a while and its easy to forget stuff from a long time ago to counter people's points.

I think Slabdrill makes it clear here that he just doesn't care which is definitely a scum move.

jkdrip wrote:

Humz, Diff, EB, Luka (post-d1), Alpha?, Onjit, and Proc could all post more yeh

Why didn't jkdrip mention Slabdrill here? He was / still is also fairly inactive. Much less active than everyone mentioned on that list except proc (but at least what little proc does say actually contributes a small bit). I find it rather odd that jkdrip would not include Slabdrill on this list of people who could all post more. It's almost as if he didn't want to draw attention to Slabdrill?

jkdrip wrote:

Is there more reason to vote for slab other than "he just votes?"

jkdrip defending Slabdrill. I agree that if that was the only reason then there would be no basis to vote for him but jkdrip was the only one who cared enough to say it.

jkdrip wrote:

Let's save the inactives for later.
Proc's behaviour still worries me, though.

States we shouldn't go after the inactives (referring to the mounting pressure on Slabdrill) but then states that we should think about proc who is an inactive... I feel this comment was to just try and push pressure away from Slabdrill.

So basically this is a summary of Slabdrill:
1. Erratic random voting, seemingly just for the sake of a lynch.
2. Barely ever comments, and when he does he doesn't really contribute anything.
3. Small links with jkdrip.
4. Just straight up doesn't care and doesn't have the town's best interests at heart.

To be honest though lynching Slabdrill wouldn't be much of a loss if he flips town. He doesn't care and he doesn't contribute and he isn't active, that doesn't sound like much of a loss to me. The risk in lynching Slabdrill is defintely worth it.

Also I think I just found the reason the Mafia may have targeted me if they did so:

AnatolyEE wrote:
Devlin wrote:

IF the Mafia did attempt to kill me then we have to ask ourselves why?

It looks like RNG. I'm not sure, but RNG would be best explanation.

Or maybe AnatolyEE was just trying to throw us off the scent of any meaning behind my potential attack? I suggested that perhaps there was an attempt on my life in order to silence me. This would make sense in my opinion since one of my early theories was that Slabdrill and Jkdrip were working together. AnatolyEE may have been trying to steer us away from that thought. I kinda doubt this though, AnatolyEE doesn't strike me as someone who would be smart enough to think like that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#554 2017-08-15 12:02:09

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Vote count:

[2] Slabdrill - Evilbunny, Devlin

5 votes needed for majority.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#555 2017-08-15 12:56:07

Luka504

I have re read all of Slabdrills posts and everything Devlin said and i am pretty much convinced that Slabdrill is a good lynch-e, however i do not want to vote until i hear his defence and potentially his rolecard. @Slabdrill I recommend you have a good one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Anyway tommorow i recommend we get Gosha. He has said practically nothing this entire game and so far is not really useful to the town in any way.
His ban fits perfectly in the no N1 kill.
As such if there's a rolecop or even a kill-cop then i would reccomend checking Gosha tonight to make sure. Tell us his role tommorow.

@Jawapa Wow sorry for your body missing. Hope we can find it.
Actually why was Jawapa's body stolen? That can really only mean that either:
A) There is a reviver role who can bring people from death, however if we cannot find the body then he can't revive him.
If this is true then it is not a bad assumption that either the Serial Killer can also graverob, since this dis not happen on N1.
B) There is some fanatic who really wants Jawapas body for a good old fashion necrophilia.
I kinda doubt we have a fanatic, but if we do i think he is also the Serial Killer who will kill anyone for their loved one. Since let's be real, 3 Mafias and 2 neutral killing roles is a bit overppwered.
C) Maxi just put that detail in for the lolz.
I hope to god that Maxi didn't do this, if he did that's just stupid.

Anyway i am pretty confident that Gosha and Slabdrill are the only threats for the town.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#556 2017-08-15 13:21:47

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Please do not meta bans. During the game I was always open to taking night actions from banned people through discord. This does not apply to day voting though.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#557 2017-08-15 13:26:09

hummerz5

nevermind that then

sometime today I'll hopefully draw up a list of reads so alphajon can yell at me for giving too many people town status

but atm I'm cooling off on the slabdrill movement we've got here

#558 2017-08-15 13:30:15

Gosha

Luka504 wrote:

He has said practically nothing this entire game and so far is not really useful to the town in any way.

mind "isolate" me a little? i think you just missed my posts.
Also i was against voting Jawapa

anyway
i am going to stick to my plan
!vote proc

#559 2017-08-15 13:31:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Gosha wrote:

anyway
!vote proc

Why? What makes you so sure proc is scum?

Please tell us your reasoning in detail and supply evidence if you can.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#560 2017-08-15 15:12:13

Evilbunny

Luka504 wrote:

Anyway tommorow i recommend we get Gosha. He has said practically nothing this entire game and so far is not really useful to the town in any way.
His ban fits perfectly in the no N1 kill.

I'm pretty sure the serial killer just wasn't allowed to kill N1. That seems like the most likely thing.

I guess I can say that my list of suspects is Slabdrill and then Processor/Gosha. I feel like it is either proc or gosha that is the serial killer.

Gosha wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

He has said practically nothing this entire game and so far is not really useful to the town in any way.

mind "isolate" me a little? i think you just missed my posts.
Also i was against voting Jawapa

anyway
!vote proc

what why? I think you should tell us whether you are in favor of voting for slabdrill or against it. Keep in mind that if you say you are against it, I will assume you are the serial killer who wants to keep mafia alive to get more kills per night.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#561 2017-08-15 15:19:50

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

I guess I can say that my list of suspects is Slabdrill and then Processor/Gosha. I feel like it is either proc or gosha that is the serial killer.

^^ They are exactly my thoughts. Though as things stand I'd prefer to lynch Gosha before proc as Gosha is more ambiguous in his words and has contributed much less than proc.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#562 2017-08-15 15:22:11

AlphaJon

hummerz5 wrote:

so alphajon can yell at me for giving too many people town status

That one made me laugh, good job //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I am suspicious of slabdrill too during most of D2, but I guess most of his posts being just votes and bandwagoning can be explained by a lack of will to make his own opinion on the town?

Imo proc is an inactive town at best, and inactive scum at worst. His activity comes in "small bursts" but that's about it.

Wooted by:

#563 2017-08-15 16:19:44

Gosha

Evilbunny wrote:

I think you should tell us whether you are in favor of voting for slabdrill or against it.

tbh i didn't follow i didn't follow slabdrill's story so i don't have much evidence to lynch him
but i have suspicion in proc (source)

I have a town-related role. I tried to protect Jawapa from being killed because i was sure he is a town. Would a SK do that?

"There was no kill 1st day and i was banned at that time"
Just like Maxi said, people only can't vote, but can do their night actions. So killing no-one in my case would only make me more suspicous. (just like now)
it wouldn't make sense

i'm sticking to the plan to lynch proc unless you tell me why i should lynch slab ( don'y want to read the whole thread)

#564 2017-08-15 16:28:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Gosha wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

I think you should tell us whether you are in favor of voting for slabdrill or against it.

tbh i didn't follow i didn't follow slabdrill's story so i don't have much evidence to lynch him
but i have suspicion in proc (source)

So the only reason you have to be suspicious of him is because he is quiet when he is usually more active?!? That's a very poor reason in my opinion. If you had other stuff to support it then yeah maybe but by itself you're not going to convince anyone.

There are several reasons proc could be laying low. Perhaps he has a power roles and doesn't want to speak up so that he doesn't become a target to the Mafia? Or maybe he's just busy? I'm surprised he was even in this game tbh because I thought he quit EE.

Gosha wrote:

I have a town-related role. I tried to protect Jawapa from being killed because i was sure he is a town. Would a SK do that?

A town-related role? Did you just claim you have a power role?

Gosha wrote:

"There was no kill 1st day and i was banned at that time"
Just like Maxi said, people only can't vote, but can do their night actions. So killing no-one in my case would only make me more suspicous. (just like now)
it wouldn't make sense

I'm not sure if it's just the way you type but the way I read it sounds like you have the option to kill...? Are you a vigilante?

Gosha wrote:

i'm sticking to the plan to lynch proc unless you tell me why i should lynch slab ( don'y want to read the whole thread)

This is my reasoning for lynching Slabdrill. If you only read one thing about him then read this if you haven't already:
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 18#p673218

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#565 2017-08-15 16:30:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Overall @Gosha I just generally feel like you know something that you aren't telling us; I've been feeling that since before your last post.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#566 2017-08-15 17:55:20

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Devlin wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

also whats the point of d1 lynches anyway everyone knows they dont lead to anything

Was against a D1 lynch which would negatively impact town. Jkdrip also supported this idea.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote luka

i dont like rng lynching but how else is town gonna win

If you don't like RNG lynches the why would you follow one? The second half of the statement suggests that you will just blindly follow any wagon just for the sake of lynching people which I personally consider a scummy thing to do.

Slabdrill wrote:

i want to get a lynch down because it lowers the chance of mafia killing everyone. if evilbunny ends up with more votes with luka i'll switch to them.

This further develops my point that Slabdrill seems to just want a lynch for the sake of a lynch. Lynching so carelessly like this would only benefit scum and not Mafia.

I'm not sure why you think it'd negatively impact town. A day without a lynch is a day there's free kills by mafia/SK. I didn't realize this at first, but I did later, which is why I did do the vote. If I found a good reason to suspect someone, I would've moved my vote for them. But I didn't want a nolynch and that was what we were getting.

jkdrip wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

!vote devlin

not sure who else to pick im following jkdrip's logic

Here Slabdrill blindly follows Jkdrip who we know to be Mafia. Slabdrill doesn't give any justification for the vote himself other than that Jkdrip came up with the idea. This strikes me as suspicious.

Out of everyone's decisions on who to vote for, I found jkdrip's the one I agreed most with. I didn't have much to add to it, but I agreed with it more than other people's theories. Note that I didn't make my own, which was mainly because other people came to the same conclusions I did.

devlin wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

!vote luka
more votes on one person = lower chance i get lynch

Again with the erratic voting. But notice Slabdrill's motive for the vote? He has no intention of helping the town... he doesn't care whether Luka is mafia or not nor does he justify his vote with the RNG. His vote is purely for his own gain.

I was pretty sure the vote wasn't gonna change from one person to another considering people's post schedules (and the lack of any notable breakthroughs i could find) and it was starting to get closer to the end of the day. I didn't want to get lynched (because that's part of the point of the game), though now I don't mind too much because I know any contributions I can make probably won't be too helpful for the town.

devlin wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

@alphajon: the reason im not saying much is because i just dont have much to say. having occasional posts is better than not posting at all which is why im doing it. it doesnt help that i only check this thread every once in a while and its easy to forget stuff from a long time ago to counter people's points.

I think Slabdrill makes it clear here that he just doesn't care which is definitely a scum move.

It's true I'm not trying too hard to contribute. I do look through the later posts and would note something suspicious if i actually found something suspicious that no one else found yet.

jkdrip stuff: can't exactly ask them now, and i can't exactly tell what their motives were for their actions. perhaps it was to frame me for being scum (giving mafia an extra day to kill people + 1 less person to kill), or maybe they just noticed that i do post plenty even though my posts havent really contributed (and my votes were following jkdrip's a lot which made them want to keep me which is also pretty likely)

suddenly random sig change

#567 2017-08-15 19:24:57

Processor

Well my "activity burst" saved Devlin from being lynched. For those of you who don't know, I recently started working a full time job and also have had a lot of other events block my afternoons, that's why I havent been so active, on discord and in mafia.

Also for those of you who are assuming I am being silent to avoid any attention: my name is literally mentioned 32 times on this page (75 posts per page) and a lot more across the game. I also have never been lynched while being active in my previous games so it would be stupid of me to try to be inactive. I was inactive because I didn't have much time.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by: (2)

#568 2017-08-15 19:29:53

Processor

Gosha has been attacking me and just me a lot lately. I don't think he is a good candidate for SK or mafia. I agree that Slab looks suspecious. I wouldn't support a gosha lynch atm though.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#569 2017-08-15 19:32:16

Processor

I am going to dial back my town read on devlin though. If I understand correctly, devlin knew about lukas role but not the other way around. So we cannot refer Devlin's role from the incident.

Processor wrote:

Why did devlin question Lukas role if he knew he was town? Idk where it happened but I assume it happened here on the forums and the post was deleted or something.
That's a very anti-town thing to do.

Did I miss something or did you never answer my question.

#570 2017-08-15 19:36:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

I am going to dial back my town read on devlin though. If I understand correctly, devlin knew about lukas role but not the other way around. So we cannot refer Devlin's role from the incident.

Processor wrote:

Why did devlin question Lukas role if he knew he was town? Idk where it happened but I assume it happened here on the forums and the post was deleted or something.

Did I miss something or did you never answer my question.

You missed something:

Devlin wrote:
Processor wrote:

I'll believe Luka to be a doctor, since no one counterclaimed.

I believed he was town but I was slightly distrustful that he was a doctor when he role claimed as I believed it was probably a ploy to get out of a lynch. I now fully believe Luka is town and I owe him my life.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#571 2017-08-15 19:37:19

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

And by fully believe he is town and owe him my life

I mean:

I fully believe he is the doctor and I owe him my life

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#572 2017-08-15 20:15:34

Processor

Maybe I'm reading too much into the out of the game discussion that has happened between you and luka.

You were probably not 100% sure about Lukas role and thats why you questioned it.

Wooted by:

#573 2017-08-15 20:28:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

Maybe I'm reading too much into the out of the game discussion that has happened between you and luka.

You were probably not 100% sure about Lukas role and thats why you questioned it.

Exactly, not to mention that after I received that information I did my best to play the game as if I did not know it to minimise that affect.

Pretty much all of my actions towards and about Luka have been made with ignorance to the outside game drama.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#574 2017-08-15 20:41:34

Processor

Kinda weird to pretend it didn't happen, but I suppose it was the only reliable way you could be sure to not turn a blind eye toward Luka.

I still feel weird that Luka has not yet been killed since he has been defenseless.

I also wonder why Diff was picked by mafia (assuming they didn't target themselves)...

#575 2017-08-15 20:45:01

AlphaJon

@proc: I hope you didn't take in a bad way my way of speaking about your activity. I can completely understand, and maybe I poorly worded it, but my intent was saying that people shouldn't use your activity as a scumread.

I'm 90% sure that there is only 1 mafia left, which will make finding the last one easier, as he can be the only one killing. However, there are a lot of unknown things regarding those neutral roles or remaining PRs. The  second kill may be a serial killer, a vigilante or something related to JaWapa.

About Gosha: @everyone voting him: what are your reasons? Why gosha in particular? I don't understand what's happening. (Yes I'm on my way towards being the village idiot)

AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer