Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#576 2017-08-15 20:50:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

Processor wrote:

I still feel weird that Luka has not yet been killed since he has been defenseless.

I also feel a little off. I was so certain that Luka would die tonight, and whilst I am glad he survived, it does raise a few questions. My only thought would be that perhaps they don't want to seem predictable and go for the most obvious choice?

Processor wrote:

I also wonder why Diff was picked by mafia (assuming they didn't target themselves)...

My only guess to why Diff was killed was that he was sorta linked with Jawapa. As soon as we knew Jawapa was town I think that completely cleared Diff as also being town and as a result he would definitely not make a lynch target. Whereas by not killing Luka there is still obviously some suspicions on him. Why they would choose Diff over any other people considered town by most people I don't know. We must remember that jkdrip had some part in that decision so maybe we could discover what he was likely to do based on the things he has said?

Also what do you mean by "assuming they didn't target themselves"? I can't tell if you are referring to Diff or the Mafia but either way I don't really see how any of them could target themselves.

AlphaJon wrote:

I'm 90% sure that there is only 1 mafia left, which will make finding the last one easier, as he can be the only one killing. However, there are a lot of unknown things regarding those neutral roles or remaining PRs. The  second kill may be a serial killer, a vigilante or something related to JaWapa.

My first thought was that it was a bodyguard but then I realised how stupid that was since Diff is not a bodyguard. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't a vigilante as jkdrip's throat was slit which is how the SK tends to kill. In comparison the vigilante almost always kills with a gun.

AlphaJon wrote:

About Gosha: @everyone voting him: what are your reasons? Why gosha in particular? I don't understand what's happening. (Yes I'm on my way towards being the village idiot)

No one is currently voting Gosha. It was just brought up that his behaviour is odd at best.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#577 2017-08-15 21:28:37

Processor

Mafia wouldn't kill jkdrip, one of their own, so they must have attacked Different.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#578 2017-08-15 23:10:37

AlphaJon

Processor wrote:

Mafia wouldn't kill jkdrip, one of their own, so they must have attacked Different.

A townie vigilante killing jkdrip doesn't have much sense though, because if I recall correctly, noone was really suspicious of him. (right?)

Wooted by:

#579 2017-08-15 23:24:08

AlphaJon

Note to above post: I don't mean in any way jkdrip being a traitor kill inside mafia.
I just believe his death to be caused by a neutral role more than by a vigilante

Wooted by:

#580 2017-08-15 23:39:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdip's throat was slit. Vigilantes shoot people. I don't get why there's much debate here since, unless Maxi has created his own roles, jkdrip definitely died to the knife blade held by a SK.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#581 2017-08-15 23:40:58

Onjit
Website

While looking at the player list, it doesn't seem likely, I feel like it's possible that the vig was a nub and just fired a round semi-randomly. We have had games where players just decided to kill whoever they wanted.

Alternatively, there could be a role that prevents night checks or is a bodyguard type role.

However I think the most likely explanation is that there is a SK

Sorry if none of that made any sense, I've had like 3hrs sleep

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#582 2017-08-16 00:09:20

hummerz5

wait what about this for luka

they really aren't the healer person but the actual healer is healing the pretend until someone more useful shows up?

I mean to be fair, as protector you have a pretty big unknown. Picking someone other than luka assumes they'll actually be a target. For two nights, though, luka has been a pretty reasonable pick. Maybe just the first. Then someone decided "hey let's not bother trying to kill luka if he just gets protected"

or on the other hand they're something entirely different and not nk-able

#583 2017-08-16 01:00:01

Onjit
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

wait what about this for luka

they really aren't the healer person but the actual healer is healing the pretend until someone more useful shows up?

I mean to be fair, as protector you have a pretty big unknown. Picking someone other than luka assumes they'll actually be a target. For two nights, though, luka has been a pretty reasonable pick. Maybe just the first. Then someone decided "hey let's not bother trying to kill luka if he just gets protected"

or on the other hand they're something entirely different and not nk-able

maybe you're the one with 3 hours sleep because that makes literally no sense

#584 2017-08-16 03:39:26

hummerz5

^ d1 they go after luka because claim. real healer heals luka because illusion

d2 they go after not luka because they expect them to be re-healed. healer can heal alphajon

a whimsical theory but not "literally no sense" as far as I see

#585 2017-08-16 03:59:17

AlphaJon

hummerz5 wrote:

d2 they go after not luka because they expect them to be re-healed. healer can heal alphajon

I don't know, luka claimed quite early on, and if he was lying, a counterclaim would have put him in a very bad spot

#586 2017-08-16 04:06:41

Evilbunny

Ok I'm claiming role Tracker because I'm pretty sure it doesn't really matter now. Also I don't want to risk dying tonight and not getting this all out.

I tracked Proc N1 and got the result that he did not visit anyone. This means he is either a normie town who can't do anything or the serial killer who couldn't kill N1.
I tracked Luka N2 and got the result that he visited Alphajon.
Alphajon is the role blocker.
Onjit was role blocked last night, meaning he didn't kill anybody.
Luka is the doctor.
I am the tracker.

Hummerz and Devlin I am 99% sure are town.

Leaving us with Slabdrill, Gosha, and Processor. So our town looks like this:

Confirmed town:
Me
Alphajon
Onjit
Luka

Basically confirmed:
Hummerz5
Devlin

Serial Killer/Mafia/One innocent:
Gosha
Slabdrill
Processor

So my plan for town victory is this.
Lynch Slabdrill today.
I track Gosha.
Alphajon blocks Processor.

We use the info from either me or alpha to lynch either Gosha or Proc. Both of us can't die because Luka will protect one of us. @Luka I wouldn't say which of us you are going to protect, we both can have useful info, I suggest looking below and seeing who you think would be able to help the most.

scum = either mafia or SK, I don't think it matters at this point

Possibility 1
possibility 2
possibility 3
possibility 4
possibility 5
possibility 6

I think slabdrill is scum so we are going to be in situation 1 or 2 or 5 which basically guarantee town wins if alpha and luka follow my plan. If slab isn't scum then it is still winnable, we're just going to cut it a little closer.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by: (2)

#587 2017-08-16 04:09:29

Evilbunny

And for proof of my claim, hummerz noticed on my early list of suspects that Proc was missing even though I only had inactive people. This is because I had tracked proc that night and saw he didn't try to kill anybody. That was before we knew there was a serial killer though. Also I trust Luka today as opposed to yesterday because he did visit alpha like he said.

I claimed because mafia already proved to be willing to kill non power roles (diff) so i figured I was already a possible target.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#588 2017-08-16 05:01:11

Processor

Oh yeah I'm sure Gosha will visit someone tonight now that you publicly announced that plan lol.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#589 2017-08-16 05:02:21

Evilbunny

Processor wrote:

Oh yeah I'm sure Gosha will visit someone tonight now that you publicly announced that plan lol.

If he doesn't kill anybody I'd still be happy.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#590 2017-08-16 05:02:34

Processor

Oh yeah I'm sure the SK would also not skip their kill tonight just to make me look guilty. Your plan is flawed

#591 2017-08-16 05:03:21

Processor

Yeah I'm sure you'll prevent the SK from killing this way

#592 2017-08-16 05:05:43

Evilbunny

You can't really expect anything perfect at this point in the game. I think this is about as good as it gets.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#593 2017-08-16 05:07:47

hummerz5

AlphaJon wrote:

a counterclaim would have put him in a very bad spot

yes but a counterclaim also puts the doc in a really bad spot. I don't think it'd be in the real doc's best interest to actually claim ever. maybe all they do is quietly push for the luka lynch?

EB seems legit, which sheds some goodness on luka I guess.

also, allow me to be suspicious of onjit since he insulted my ability to be awake!

Evilbunny wrote:

Onjit was role blocked last night, meaning he didn't kill anybody.

yes but drip was still alive. so the role block means little unless this time around onjit were blocked and no one died. guess that claim and its reasoning might have jumped the gun?

#594 2017-08-16 05:09:03

Evilbunny

Processor wrote:

Yeah I'm sure you'll prevent the SK from killing this way

well I mean that isn't my main goal here so idc

If you'd like to defend yourself specifically to make this a little easier that would be nice.

@hummerz, crap good point I guess onjit might not be confirmed

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#595 2017-08-16 05:10:30

hummerz5

any chance we have a witch in the mix?

#596 2017-08-16 05:28:31

hummerz5

lol the more I say "don't hammer town" the more I prolly appear to be a hypocrite for that "strike while the iron's hot" line. guess my excuse is that here we don't have a direct claim on someone else.

but anywho I think the endgame is pretty near. based on EB's exploration and if we play cards right we could 86 the sk and mafia

#597 2017-08-16 06:34:50

Processor

Well I promise you that there is not going to be a SK kill tonight. You played your cards wrong the moment you showed us what you were going to do. SK is not going to kill tonight and will make you mislynch me.

No kill and no night action from me are not necessarily linked. If SK kills tonight, that will prove that one or two people are town, that makes it harder for SK to hide, hence why they will not kill tonight.

As a member of the town, I would love to prevent a mislynch. Of course I'd say the same thing if I was SK, but the point of this post is not to convince you that I'm innocent, the point is to prevent you from coming up with wrong conclusions.

#598 2017-08-16 09:06:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

So my plan for town victory is this.
Lynch Slabdrill today.
I track Gosha.
Alphajon blocks Processor.

We use the info from either me or alpha to lynch either Gosha or Proc. Both of us can't die because Luka will protect one of us. @Luka I wouldn't say which of us you are going to protect, we both can have useful info, I suggest looking below and seeing who you think would be able to help the most.

scum = either mafia or SK, I don't think it matters at this point

Possibility 1
possibility 2
possibility 3
possibility 4
possibility 5
possibility 6

I think slabdrill is scum so we are going to be in situation 1 or 2 or 5 which basically guarantee town wins if alpha and luka follow my plan. If slab isn't scum then it is still winnable, we're just going to cut it a little closer.

This is an amazing plan in my opinion, especially from my point of view. From my perspective options 5 and 6 are not possible (I'm willing to vouch for hummerz as well) so that leaves us mainly with options 1 and 2 (if slab is scum).

Processor wrote:

You played your cards wrong the moment you showed us what you were going to do.

Well not really... the plan wouldn't work if we didn't know about it. By stating it to the town it makes sure that Luka and AlphaJon (the 2 other people needed for the plan) are able to go through with it. Giving us a plan was not a bad move.

Do you know what is a bad move though? Giving tactic advice to the SK and Mafia...

Processor wrote:

No kill and no night action from me are not necessarily linked. If SK kills tonight, that will prove that one or two people are town, that makes it harder for SK to hide, hence why they will not kill tonight.

Processor wrote:

Processor wrote:

Oh yeah I'm sure the SK would also not skip their kill tonight just to make me look guilty. Your plan is flawed

That was just a stupid thing to do... It was not guaranteed they would have thought of that... I didn't think of it, Hummerz didn't think of it, Evilbunny didn't think of it. Well you've just insured that if the scum did not realise that then they certainly do now. You've just dug the hole of your own grave and put uncertainty into the plan. Unless of course you are the SK in which case you are the SK in which obviously you saying it wouldn't have mattered either way.

Processor wrote:

Well I promise you that there is not going to be a SK kill tonight.

Don't make promises you can't keep. But then again, I'm now in belief that you are the only one who can control this and hence keep the promise.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#599 2017-08-16 11:42:43

Onjit
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

Ah that actually makes some sense.
I think it's unlikely, especially given the whole sapizza debacle, but it doesn't make "literally no sense".
I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

---

As for EB's plan, I think it has some flaws in that scum could just skip a night like Proc suggests, but I think that we're close enough to winning the game that they'd be more likely to take action.
I think that Slabdrill's general lack of contribution and ease of jumping on wagons leads me to believe that he's our greatest suspect.

!vote Slabdrill

#600 2017-08-16 11:43:48

Onjit
Website

Onjit wrote:
Devlin wrote:

A worrying thought just occurred to me. If we eliminate all the Mafia does the SK take over the town? If so the SK should be top priority because that would mean if we lynch the final Mafia member we ironically lose...

The rolecard says "You will win when all threats to the town are eliminated." ie. Mafia/SK

Question: Would a witch count as a threat? Like all they do is switch people's night actions.
Also would an executioner count as a threat? They're only a threat to their target, not the whole town.

Also @maxi you never answered this question

Wooted by:
AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer