Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-05-27 00:59:43

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Moderator Feedback

BEE wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

I think there needs to be more people running it.  Then in situations like this, there are more than 2 people giving their opinions/taking action.

I think they are fine. D55 and Zoey are very open to feedback, I've found, and open to making mistakes and fixing them.

There's enough normal nubs around that will speak up if something looks wrong; I know I have before.

If they are stressed by how active the forums are then it makes sense to get new mods, but if it's just for checks and balances, I think it's a non issue.

I didn't say they weren't capable.  I'm just saying having more people would be a little better.

For the game we have 10 people.  Do we really need 10 people?  Probably not, but it's good to have them.

Discord: jawp#5123

#27 2015-05-27 01:14:28

BEE

JaWapa wrote:
BEE wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

I think there needs to be more people running it.  Then in situations like this, there are more than 2 people giving their opinions/taking action.

I think they are fine. D55 and Zoey are very open to feedback, I've found, and open to making mistakes and fixing them.

There's enough normal nubs around that will speak up if something looks wrong; I know I have before.

If they are stressed by how active the forums are then it makes sense to get new mods, but if it's just for checks and balances, I think it's a non issue.

I didn't say they weren't capable.  I'm just saying having more people would be a little better.

For the game we have 10 people.  Do we really need 10 people?  Probably not, but it's good to have them.

After having modded forums both big and small, no, more people is not better. You want quality over quantity.

You cannot honestly say that the ten people that run this tiny game do not have difficulties stemming simply from the fact that there are ten of you, with ten different personalities, experiences, wants, needs, thoughts, etc. The only way that works out well is with a very strong leader and clearly defined roles, and the need for those roles.

Perhaps D55 and Zoey wish to have another moderator to help handle the load, and if so, that's great, but adding more people just for the sake of adding people is the opposite of what we want.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by: (3)

#28 2015-05-27 01:30:14, last edited by Ratburntro44 (2015-05-27 01:31:33)

Ratburntro44
Website

I don't think JaWapa was saying more people were needed to handle the load, I think he was saying they were needed in order to ensure as much objectivity as possible, avoid possible future rash decisions, and be able to more easily handle the results of anything bad that does happen.

Wooted by:

#29 2015-05-27 01:35:29, last edited by BEE (2015-05-27 01:38:14)

BEE

Yes, I know; my counter was that loadwork should be the main driving factor, not fear of tyranny.

Perhaps I have too much faith in the two of them... but I don't think so, considering how we are freely discussing their moderation without fear of reprimand.

#30 2015-05-27 02:44:42, last edited by Anch (2015-05-27 02:45:28)

Anch

alkazam1448 wrote:

This was one week ago when I got my ban

I wrote:

Why did you ban me?

I wrote:

I'm just an innocent harmless nub

Different55 wrote:

Because I'm Hitler

Different55 wrote:

And it is the nubz instead of the Jews

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

That's not funny :I

Also I think the mods are great here. (Different55's beard is a factor).

#31 2015-05-27 06:42:01, last edited by iPwner (2015-06-05 11:36:04)

iPwner
Website

skullz17 wrote:

ipwner what have you done. The whole "flower" and "pronoob" subgroups of people happened because people started dividing each other into classes like "nubs" and "pros". So you are a lot like a flower in this sense.

Logical argument:
What the buckmill are you talking about? Pros and nubs have forever been terms around in video games, we didn't come up with it and nor did pronoobs. Also, flowers such as yourself worship pronoobs, they dont create innovative categorizations to realize what people truly are. So don't feel smart just because your own flower parade of woots pops up whenever you make an ignorant post against proepics. You just got iPwned! :0

Simply put: Whops looks like a prickly lil flowerbud is peekin out of the rosebush! Don't worry folks, just don't water it and it will eventually shrivel up and die from dehydration

- - - - - -

Basically the entire rulebook needs to be reworked. The rules in themselves make no sense. Why would you get banned for "short replies" ? It just doesn't make logical sense. Every time I ask why a rule is in place, Different55 just waddles on over and says "ITS IN THE ROOLZ SONYON!! DOO BEE DOO DA, DOO BE YE."

...who even created these "rules"?

Benjaminsen?

EDIT: Nevermind skullz17 - i retract those statement, as you have edited your comment for clarification and i now actually agree with it.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#32 2015-05-27 12:17:25, last edited by BEE (2015-05-27 12:18:36)

BEE

I said no more talk about the dictionary. Go make your own thread if you wish.

As for the rules, I stand by my original thoughts of what I think they should be.

And short replies I would classify as spam, given context.

For example "bump" is not spam, but a random post in a topic of "lol" is.

I've participated in forums that have a rule against low effort posts, and instead encourage whatever the equivalent of "woot"ing is instead.

#33 2015-05-27 13:58:45

Anak

As a rule on other forums, SPAM is an acronym of Short Pointless Annoying Messages, which encompasses posts such as "lol" and "No."

Wooted by:

#34 2015-05-27 14:12:11

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

BEE wrote:

"bump" is not spam

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump

#35 2015-05-27 14:37:18

skullz17

alkazam1448 wrote:
BEE wrote:

"bump" is not spam

That's not actually a bump though, it's just spam.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (4)

#36 2015-05-27 14:40:58

Onjit
Website

BEE wrote:

"bump" is not spam

if it's a valid bump, ie reviving a thread after a few days

:.|:;

#37 2015-05-28 02:12:54

BEE

alkazam1448 wrote:
BEE wrote:

"bump" is not spam

I said that I would ensure that this topic was constructive. You came in and blatantly misconstrued an example intentionally in an attempt to be defiant or humorous. Either one has lost you my respect. I will also take this post as an indication that the previous issue with the moderators is a non-issue, since this is apparently more important to you. Please refrain from adding your thoughts to this thread unless they are coherent, constructive, and cohesive. If you wish to joke around, feel free to post in the forum games forum.

Wooted by: (4)

#38 2015-05-28 02:17:56

Pingohits
Banned

BEE wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:
BEE wrote:

"bump" is not spam

I said that I would ensure that this topic was constructive. You came in and blatantly misconstrued an example intentionally in an attempt to be defiant or humorous. Either one has lost you my respect. I will also take this post as an indication that the previous issue with the moderators is a non-issue, since this is apparently more important to you. Please refrain from adding your thoughts to this thread unless they are coherent, constructive, and cohesive. If you wish to joke around, feel free to post in the forum games forum.

this is what happens when you take an english honors class

791mAP8.png

#39 2015-05-28 06:18:46

Onjit
Website

BEE wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:
BEE wrote:

"bump" is not spam

omg stop minimodding imma report you to the modds

:.|:;

#40 2015-05-28 06:22:21

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

BEE wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:
BEE wrote:

"bump" is not spam

I never asked for your "respect".

#41 2015-05-28 15:41:35

Different55
Forum Admin

Okay, stop right there. This has gone off-topic enough now.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#42 2015-05-31 20:59:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Different and Bee are fine. They are chill and nice persons respectively, and I think they deserve their spots as staff members.

However, my biggest concern is Zoey2070. She is an old forum member most of us know, who has been banned several times, yet still kept around. This is not a good role model for users. Even then, she still breaks rules because she thinks they are unfair (kind of like Master1, but I will save that talk for another time). She has "joked around" by blatantly swearing in the IRC for little reason than to spice up messages, and even continued to after I tried to stop her.

Yes, it is true that inappropriate language is vaguely defined by the rules (the fourth rule being open to different interpretations due to different values, and the fifth rule seeming to only be against this use of language against others). I think the fourth rule is a good reason to not allow it, as there are plenty of people still out there who deem this type of speech unacceptable. It should also be noted that this type of language is against the in-game rules.

If I could not trust her to follow one off the rules at that time, how could I trust her having one of the greatest permissions in the game's entire community? She is above the rank of almost every user on this forum, and you can let that pass like her rule-breaking is meaningless? I do not mean harm, I mean for the (forum) staff to be a good example to the community. Shall justice be given to the crimes, yet love be given to those who commit them.

Wooted by:

#43 2015-05-31 22:08:51

BEE

N1KF wrote:

Different and Bee are fine.

I'm... not a staff member, actually.

I just made this thread asking for feedback because D55 didn't want a mod to make it.

As for your other point, it is an interesting dilemma IRL as well: How much do we expect people in charge to be perfect citizens in other areas of life? Are cops expected to be better husbands, are teachers expected to not go out to clubs, are politicians required to be faithful to their husbands and wives? Fun fact: in some places in the USA, teachers have been fired for drinking off the clock, because it sets a 'bad example'. In many cases the answer is yes, if you have a public job, you are required to be more 'perfect' than your average citizen.

It is a similar situation that other players had with Jawapa's behavior ingame, they didn't think that he was acting professional enough.

I guess the question is: does the chat follow as strict rules as the forums or is it more relaxed, in practice? The question also is, is she swearing but not letting other people do so in the chat?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though N1KF, I'm sure she will take them to heart and reevaluate either herself or the rules for the chat.

Wooted by:

#44 2015-05-31 22:26:06

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

BEE wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Different and Bee are fine.

I'm... not a staff member, actually.

Well, then Processor is fine, I guess. He seems not to actually do that much moderation, so there is not much to say.

I guess the question is: does the chat follow as strict rules as the forums or is it more relaxed, in practice?

I think it is not quite as strict. It seems that profanity gets past the radar from what I have seen. Then again, I have been there for little time, so I may be wrong.

The question also is, is she swearing but not letting other people do so in the chat?

Considering her attitude on this, I think she would let other people do so (though I doubt aggressive usage would be allowed).

#45 2015-06-06 18:40:53

BEE

Perhaps I am blind but I can't seem to find it. What are the rules regarding which things get warnings, which things get bans, and which things get permabans?

I'm looking for a "Three strikes you're out, no matter the variety of rule broken" rule or a "Warning, day ban, week ban, month ban, permaban, but only for the same type of offense" rule.

#46 2015-06-06 21:10:57

skullz17

It is something like your "Warning, day ban, week ban, month ban, permaban" except all warnings are the same I think. The difference is that some warnings expire quicker.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#47 2015-06-06 21:23:34

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Hidden text

This is how our warning system works.

Each warning type is a set number of points and expires after x amount of time.

The number of points dictates how long the ban is.

So, technically, you could post some sexual content once, get a 12 hour ban, post it again, then get banned for a week.

...and we don't have an automatic permaban.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#48 2015-06-06 22:46:56

Different55
Forum Admin

This information is located at http://forums.everybodyedits.com/warnings.php and for some reason isn't in the navbar.

Add to navbar?

y/n

- ShinsukeIto

#49 2015-06-06 22:51:32, last edited by Fradeshan (2015-06-06 22:52:06)

Fradeshan

y

and make posts warned page visible

dogeman: OH GOD THIS IS WORSER THAN A MASH POTATO

#50 2015-06-06 22:56:24

Different55
Forum Admin

Fradeshan wrote:

y

and make posts warned page visible

n due to privacy concerns. There was a discussion about this somewhere in Forum Discussion, not sure where it got to.

- ShinsukeIto

Different551435675989517477

Board footer