Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

BEE

Forum Rules Proposal

These forums are growing. Which is both great and not. Great because, well, a larger community = yay. Not great because the easy rules of "don't be a B***" sadly don't really work any more.

So I propose a change of the rules. I feel like some can be expanded and some condensed, but overall we NEED them to be reorganized. Here is my proposal, condensed into an overview, 5 rules, and clauses:

The Supreme List of Rules
Be Nice ? The Everybody Edits community is one composed of a variety of cultures, ages, languages, thoughts, and ideas. Please be respectful of your fellow players and don?t forget that there is a human on the other end of the keyboard.
Don?t Spam ? No one likes to read nonsense or repeated posts, please make sure to think before you press the ?submit? button.
Safety/Security ? EE hosts a wide variety of ages, from under 10 to over 50. We at EE hope to protect our members by reminding players to be aware that information posted on these forums is public, and we should never post any personal information about ourselves that could give someone an opportunity to find us in real life.

Specific Rules (because some of you prefer it this way):

1.Use common sense.

A.Don't ask to be an admin or mod on the forum or EE, you will be banned without warning. asking how to be a mod is very obnoxious; one become a mod on the forum when the current staff finds they are useful and trustworthy, at a time that the forum needs a new moderator.
B. You should only have one account on these forums.
C. Don't give out personal information, this includes your specific location, surnames, date of birth, or passwords.

2. No flaming

A. This includes saying another should be banned, if someone is breaking the rules, report them
B. This does not count negativity, if someone is stupid you don't have to ignore it.
C. Use the report system, seriously, it works great.

3. No spamming.

A. Keep of topic discussion to PMs.
B.No posting in dead threads with a useless post. forum games can always be revived, 'do this' threads can also be revived. A good example of what not to do is posting 'c00l stUf lol!1' in a dead thread in the Graphics Suggestions board.
C. No multiple posting, use the edit button. it is acceptable to double post if you're adding new content later, like reviving an old thread because your level/graphics/whatever has been updated and such. It is also okay to 'bump' a thread that no one has responded to for some time.
D. Do not make a topic for something that already exists.
E. Signatures must not be larger than 350px tall, this includes all images and text. a rule of thumb is that If the bottom of a blank post extends past your user info, your signature is too big.
F. Please try your best to use proper spelling and grammar, you won't be banned, but you may become a general nuisance to the community

4. Keep topics appropriate

A. Try to keep posts at a PG level, there are 10 year olds on this forum.
B. No discussion of how to execute illegal activities. There won't be a penalty for saying you pirated photoshop or downloaded music, just don't go around telling people how to do it.

5. Rules are there for a reason, Read them:

A. Do not ask for someone to pay for you chat, you will be banned without warning.
B. Read this topic before creating a topic in the Game suggestions Board
C. Do not misuse the report system.

Clauses: The staff reserves the right to remove content, warn and ban users at any time for any or no reason. The warning system is very loose; you can be banned with no warns or warned many times with no ban, it is all up to the staff's discretion. Typically, people won't get past two warnings without being banned. These rules are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to remove content at our discretion, and are not liable for any user-submitted content

Last edited by BEE (Mar 1 2011 4:15:27 pm)

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#2 Before February 2015

EDJ

Re: Forum Rules Proposal

I honestly cannont see much difference in rules or did you just change the layout?

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I think I see an improvement here or there. And:

B. this does not count negativity, if someone is stupid you just have to ignore it.

Needs to be:

B. This does not count negativity, if someone is stupid you don't have to ignore it.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

BEE

Yes thank you Different,Ill change that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

And yes I basically just changed the layout and added an overview. I find it very confusing the way it is now, and honestly I doubt people will do more than skim it.

This way people can look at the basic rules, and if they want to see deeper, they can read the ABCDs

Last edited by BEE (Mar 1 2011 4:15:41 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I really like that new design for the rules.   Feel free to give me the HTML for that and I'll add it in - otherwise, I'll work on it myself when I have time.

#6 Before February 2015

BEE

Well considering how I fail at computers all I did was reorder it in microsoft word and copypasta it here. >.> I could just send what I posted here, but I think you can edit my posts to copy it anyways.

#7 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I've updated the rules quite a bit to match BEE's layout very closely.   I hope everyone enjoys the new style!

#8 Before February 2015

BillyP

Much easier to understand now.

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

finally a useful update to the rules section. Nice work, Bee!

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

NikK

Nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I like it now, much more organizated //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

As always, nice job BEE

Last edited by NikK (Mar 4 2011 4:25:56 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

ninjaman

even no this is off topic
how do u bee a mod

#12 Before February 2015

ninjaman

plz tell

#13 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

Mods should not be able to ban, warn or remove content without good explanations. If you have any good arguments for why they should be able to do that, please explain.

#14 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

ninjaman don't double post and spam. This is your third warning.

#15 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

we need to add what rules count for *insert number here* warnings. the post about the new mods says stuff like rule 12 counts for 4 warnings, but with this layout, there is no rule 12.

BEE1423701478259954

Board footer