Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-26 03:00:52

BEE

Moderator Feedback

Post any feedback you have about the way the forums are run and the way the moderators run them.

Feedback must be posted constructively and you must wait 24 hours after receiving a warning or a ban before posting here to give yourself some time to clear your head.

Note: this topic is not a place to flame the moderators, and I am taking full responsibility for helping keep this topic clear of flames or I shall delete the thread.

I suggest that when you post you post your general feelings about the problem, then give a specific link to a specific post or content.

Feedback away!

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#2 2015-05-26 03:04:17

BEE

Re: Moderator Feedback

Personally I think the moderators run the forum just fine. When I disagree with how they are being run, I say so by posting, PMing, or reporting. Currently I have no issues, and think it is even too lax in some areas. But to each their own. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2015-05-26 07:41:30

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

I mean considering we only have two admins and one mod I really don't see how anyone could be able to critique such a small group. Nevertheless, they do an exemplary job at handling the forums

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#4 2015-05-26 07:45:54

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

This was one week ago when I got my ban

I wrote:

Why did you ban me?

I wrote:

I'm just an innocent harmless nub

Different55 wrote:

Because I'm Hitler

Different55 wrote:

And it is the nubz instead of the Jews

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#5 2015-05-26 07:54:41

Onjit
Website

The mods are great.

That is all.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#6 2015-05-26 11:08:28

Era

i can't assume how tall the mods are but from what i've seen they do make a good job.

#7 2015-05-26 11:11:25

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Era wrote:

i can't assume how tall the mods are but from what i've seen they do make a good job.

Onjit wrote:

The mods are great.

That is all.

BuzzerBee wrote:

I mean considering we only have two admins and one mod I really don't see how anyone could be able to critique such a small group. Nevertheless, they do an exemplary job at handling the forums

All of these people are in the category "Flower" in the dictionary made by iPwner and NorwegianBoy (I don't agree with some parts, but the flower part is precise)

#8 2015-05-26 12:04:02, last edited by skullz17 (2015-05-29 15:08:46)

skullz17

alkazam1448 wrote:
Era wrote:

Onjit wrote:

The mods are great.

That is all.

BuzzerBee wrote:

All of these people are in the category "Flower" in the dictionary made by iPwner and NorwegianBoy (I don't agree with some parts, but the flower part is precise)

The whole "flower" and "pronoob" subgroups of people happened because people started dividing each other into classes like "nubs" and "pros". So you are a lot like a flower in this sense.

The reason people are fine with moderators, is not because they are biased or just want to be liked by them. It's because they honestly don't have any problems with them, and the moderators are often able to justify what they do when you claim that they have done something wrong.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (5)

#9 2015-05-26 12:09:24

Era

Well i could also write a dictionary and define everyone with the name "alkazam1448" as a "noob".
does that make it true, i think not, well in the term of the definition it would be true, but not in the normal definition of a "noob". personally i think that trying to devide the community into classes is just blank discrimination, also doing that on a bases of one sentence i've written is also no  refference base which woudl be accuarate enough for such an assumption. You don't know me therefore don't try to categorize me.

#10 2015-05-26 12:24:29

BEE

alkazam1448 wrote:

I wrote:

Why did you ban me?

I wrote:

Different55 wrote:

Because I'm Hitler

Different55 wrote:

I'll need some links for context, and the actual reason.

See the problem with having a community run by the community itself is that D55 and Zoey are given permission  to also be human.

Typically this is not an actual problem if both the community and mods are mature enough to recognize the distinction of roles, but occasionally lines get muddled, especially when dealing with grey areas.

Also, this thread has nothing to do with the dictionary, so stop it.

Wooted by:

#11 2015-05-26 13:36:45

Different55
Forum Admin

BEE wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

I wrote:

Why did you ban me?

I wrote:

Different55 wrote:

Because I'm Hitler

Different55 wrote:

See the problem with having a community run by the community itself is that D55 and Zoey are given permission  to also be human.

Typically this is not an actual problem if both the community and mods are mature enough to recognize the distinction of roles, but occasionally lines get muddled, especially when dealing with grey areas.

I can confirm that this happened. It was in PM on the forum chat. The context is that this is the 50th time he'd asked me why he was banned and I'd run out of answers to give him.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#12 2015-05-26 13:40:54

Onjit
Website

Now you have to insist that you never banned him, and that he is trying to frame you

:.|:;

Wooted by: (3)

#13 2015-05-26 15:57:18, last edited by Calicara (2015-05-26 16:26:45)

Calicara

alkazam1448 wrote:

I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but I'm so sick of hearing about iPwners dictionary. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a popular opinion. I happen to think the moderation on the forum is fine, and it's not just because that's what everyone else is saying. I have reported posts before, and the moderators do respond. When I have a specific question I send a PM, and it's always answered in less than 24 hours.

You can say you don't like the mods because they banned you, but maybe you should consider why you were banned. We have rules for a reason, and following them and giving feedback on their improvement does not make anyone a 'flower'. We are just trying to make the forums a better place.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2015-05-26 17:11:06

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I don't see any issues with the forum mods.  We (EE staff) trusted D55 enough to give him power over the official forum.  As for zoey, you all had the option to vote on her being a mod.

I do, however, see an issue with some of you over dramatizing situations, taking things out of context, and blowing things out of proportion.  I see you select few push buttons, and cause issue way more than what's needed.  You expect to be able to do whatever, and when the forum staff retaliates you start screaming that they are horrible people.  Maybe, if you would learn to follow the rules, and stop being an over dramatic cry baby, things would be better around here.

This isn't a free for all, there are guidelines and rules you have to follow.  If you can't do that, then get lost.  D55 has a lot more patience for some of you than I would have.  Several of you would have been perma banned a long time ago.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#15 2015-05-26 17:25:01

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I hate myself when Dif55 just ban an member with something wrong reason.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#16 2015-05-26 17:46:25, last edited by Yandax (2015-05-26 17:48:55)

Yandax

Different55 wrote:
BEE wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

I wrote:

Why did you ban me?

I wrote:

Different55 wrote:

Because I'm Hitler

Different55 wrote:

I can confirm that this happened. It was in PM on the forum chat. The context is that this is the 50th time he'd asked me why he was banned and I'd run out of answers to give him.

This is one of the reasons I love these mods. I also think they are running the forums right, and I want to stuff a 100 liter bottle of Tabasco sauce down they nay-sayers throat. Also I believe in  what JaWapa said. If nearly anyone else was running this, some of ye would be perma-banned

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#17 2015-05-26 21:07:01

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

AntonioS300 wrote:

Allow me to introduce you to the human species.  They make mistakes, and sometimes make the wrong decisions.

@Whoever complained for a one word post warning - omg.  I was given one too.  I replied "sorry" and that was it.  Why are you flipping out over a single warning.  The warning will expire eventually.  Unless you plan on breaking several more rules in the next few days, then stop worrying about.

When D55 decides to take away your forum privileges, and bans you because of an event that happened somewhere else... then you have something to complain about.

#18 2015-05-26 21:54:22

Different55
Forum Admin

JaWapa wrote:

@Whoever complained for a one word post warning - omg.  I was given one too.  I replied "sorry" and that was it.  Why are you flipping out over a single warning.  The warning will expire eventually.  Unless you plan on breaking several more rules in the next few days, then stop worrying about.

That had happened quite a while ago, and their problem with it wasn't the warning itself, it was the fact that the warning was given at all when the rules don't say not to make one word posts.

- ShinsukeIto

#19 2015-05-26 22:00:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Different55 wrote:

That had happened quite a while ago, and their problem with it wasn't the warning itself, it was the fact that the warning was given at all when the rules don't say not to make one word posts.

I see.  Nonetheless, it was a simple warning.  It wasn't like they were banned for it.  Now they know not to do it again... instead they insisted on making a huge deal out of it.

Wooted by:

#20 2015-05-26 22:04:17

tak4n

I really want to note on how well of a job Different55 is doing, it's no wonder he's been a mod on all 3 forums.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

Wooted by:

#21 2015-05-26 22:23:06, last edited by BEE (2015-05-26 22:25:00)

BEE

JaWapa wrote:

Maybe, if you would learn to follow the rules, and stop being an over dramatic cry baby, things would be better around here.

This isn't a free for all, there are guidelines and rules you have to follow.  If you can't do that, then get lost.

This is a moderator feedback thread; if you wish to give feedback about the forum community, feel free to create your own thread. If we do both in one thread it will turn into childish finger pointing.

Different55 wrote:

Anything to respond, alkazam1448?

AntonioS300 wrote:

What was the context/was it remedied/explained/clarified ever?

As for the one word post problem "not being under the rules" I personally would put it under "spam", but that's just me.

If it were up to me, I'd revert back to the "less than 5 basic rules" format, but that may just be personal preference.

Any other valid concerns?

#22 2015-05-26 22:34:16

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I have some feedback for moderation in general, if that's allowed.

I think there needs to be more people running it.  Then in situations like this, there are more than 2 people giving their opinions/taking action.

Wooted by:

#23 2015-05-26 22:43:04

Different55
Forum Admin

JaWapa wrote:

I have some feedback for moderation in general, if that's allowed.

I think there needs to be more people running it.  Then in situations like this, there are more than 2 people giving their opinions/taking action.

That's how it used to be on the forumify, sort of. If I had a question about anything I'd ask the other modmins about it.

- ShinsukeIto

#24 2015-05-26 23:05:19

BEE

JaWapa wrote:

I think they are fine. D55 and Zoey are very open to feedback, I've found, and open to making mistakes and fixing them.

There's enough normal nubs around that will speak up if something looks wrong; I know I have before.

If they are stressed by how active the forums are then it makes sense to get new mods, but if it's just for checks and balances, I think it's a non issue.

#25 2015-05-26 23:38:32

Pingohits
Banned

BEE wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

I think they are fine. D55 and Zoey are very open to feedback, I've found, and open to making mistakes and fixing them.

There's enough normal nubs around that will speak up if something looks wrong; I know I have before.

If they are stressed by how active the forums are then it makes sense to get new mods, but if it's just for checks and balances, I think it's a non issue.

+compared to other forums (for example, the forum for league of legends) eeforums has a very low population

i think we don't need more than 3 mods, maybe even 1

791mAP8.png

Different551435675989517477

Board footer