Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

Skater_X

Re: Tips on what NOT to do

me wrote:

.              . . .
.<<<<<<<<<<<
I hates them.Just hates them

what is wrong with that? at   any rate, that is one of the easier dot minigames. ok, i can see how you don't like them if people just make more then 3 :rolleyes:

#52 Before February 2015

me

So you mean you have seen those where it where less than three?

Last edited by me (Feb 10 2011 9:00:16 am)

#53 Before February 2015

Advancé

If you think about it, if it is extremely hard and you failed about 10-20 times, it gets annoying. No matter how creative and different it is, it can still be annoying.

#54 Before February 2015

rdococ

Don't do this:
Post levels that have reached at least 1 completion point.
Well, at least on this forum 'Level Creation'.

Last edited by rdococ (Sep 18 2010 7:17:27 am)

#55 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

I hate it when they put in a coaster longer than it needs to be. I can understand if there is no space in that part of the room make make another mnigame in that area, but to put a coaster of 5 lines is simply annoying. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#56 Before February 2015

me

Don`t make levels that based on key-bricks and place a key in every part of it (I just played a minigamestage with platforms of keyblocks in every room and keys in the coasters between them, you can understand that were not good)

Last edited by me (Sep 24 2010 8:23:41 am)

#57 Before February 2015

Des

______________ /\ /\ /\ /\ >|_|<  /\ /\  <           >|_|< <           >|_|< <           >/\<    < <<<<<<<<<<<

What is going through the creator's mind when they decide to make one of these, or perhaps 7 in a row if they're feeling frisky.
And, always. One of these.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<< <><><><<></\/\>>><\/ /\>>>\/\/\/>>>>>/\<<<> >>>>>><>><><><>><< /\>/\>\/>/\>/\<\/</\>/\/\> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>< <<<<<<<<????????????????

Last edited by Des (Sep 25 2010 7:59:07 am)

#58 Before February 2015

Oranj

Also, don't just make minigames and bosses. Make other things, preferably more than one thing (not minigames & bosses together), and if you're making a minigame level, be sure to add break rooms every once in a while (not just 3x3 rooms filled with dots, make at least 12x12 rooms with "tables" and "beds". Maybe even "bathrooms"!). And once again, NO DEAFENING COIN DROPS!!!!!!!!!! Also, do not, whatsoever, make levels entirely out of black blocks, gravity arrows, and other things invisible on the minimap.

#59 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

#60 Before February 2015

Smiley101s

Got enough tips?

#61 Before February 2015

Cola1

No, we are at the same school... YOU HAVE'NT EVEN TRIED THIS

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile   <<<<<<
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB                                          B= Block     .=dotwalking

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#62 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Whoever first started those 'buying houses by jumping' levels was a genius, I don't like them but at least they were original.

#63 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

But now they are really overused, They are all the same. It annoys me when half the maps in the lobby are BUY A HOUSE FOR FREE.

#64 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Exactly, its hard to be original because if you do succeed its going to be overused and people get sick of it quickly

#65 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

What About
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
^^^^^^:(^^^^^^
^                                   ^
^<<<<     >>>>>^
BBBBBB^BBBBBB
              B^B
              B^B
Those Are Annoying

Last edited by kaosslasher (Nov 3 2010 11:30:41 am)

#66 Before February 2015

Nin10mode

DK Levels wrote:

Exactly, its hard to be original because if you do succeed its going to be overused and people get sick of it quickly

Quoted for truth.

#67 Before February 2015

Alex

oranj wrote:

Also, don't just make minigames and bosses. Make other things, preferably more than one thing (not minigames & bosses together), and if you're making a minigame level, be sure to add break rooms every once in a while (not just 3x3 rooms filled with dots, make at least 12x12 rooms with "tables" and "beds". Maybe even "bathrooms"!). And once again, NO DEAFENING COIN DROPS!!!!!!!!!! Also, do not, whatsoever, make levels entirely out of black blocks, gravity arrows, and other things invisible on the minimap.

I think adding little chair and tables should be something not to do, it's silly and done to death.

#68 Before February 2015

Flare

It doesn't really affect the game play, so it doesn't matter much.

#69 Before February 2015

ExtremeFunnyFun

I absolutely hate those E jumps and where you have to jump with really low ceilings!        //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#70 Before February 2015

Gamer36

To answer a TON of questions on this post I have something to say. The reason there are not that many creative and original levels in EE anymore is because 1. Most of the people who play EE are noobs if it is not something that they have done 1000 times before they'll quit 2. Those kind of levels are hard to make unless you have a crew because it is damned hard (Trust me I know this from experince) to make a origanal level ALL by your self without it taking weeks (And yes maybe EX crew levels took weeks but people who have mothers who say no more than 2 hours on the computer a day don't have "weeks" to make a lvl) 3. lets face it the same-old-game levels are easy to make and they get a lot of plays and tats what most people want. Hope thats answer SOMETHING

#71 Before February 2015

Panic

I hate this-                       
                                                       BBB

B   B
                                                       B   B
                                                       B   B
                                                  ^ B   B
                                           BBBBB   BBBBBBBB
                                           <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#72 Before February 2015

SofusTheGreat

Des wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<< <><><><<></\/\>>><\/ /\>>>\/\/\/>>>>>/\<<<> >>>>>><>><><><>><< /\>/\>\/>/\>/\<\/</\>/\/\> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>< <<<<<<<<????????????????

I don't even know how to complete things like these :'(

#73 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

|============l
|                  .                     |
|               .   | GOAL!!! |
|            .      | GOAL!!! |
|         .         | GOAL!!! |
|      .            | GOAL!!! |
|   .     //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile     |                    |
|============l
I hate things like that...

Last edited by Jojatekok (Nov 20 2010 11:09:02 am)

#74 Before February 2015

Avalkiz

Heh as I see not many people reads this topic, there are lots of levels with RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINNNNNNNGGG welcoming you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Oh, and.
What do you think about my level? Is it annoying? :/

#75 Before February 2015

johan

alex wrote:

I think adding little chair and tables should be something not to do, it's silly and done to death.

the worst thing is death traps, like in your level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by johan (Nov 23 2010 10:29:31 am)

Sai 1423488947472485

Board footer