Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-01-22 04:09:10

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Why the EE development is communicated poorly, and how it hurts us.

Kiraninja wrote:

there is an entire community behind you that are ready to help at any time given the opportunity, help that will drastically enhance the quality of the game in a record time.

The choice is yours. Choose wisely.

I'm wondering what makes you so confident this would make such an improvement to the development. From what little we've seen or read, the quality of the game is already equal to or better than EE Flash's—technical performance (much better handling for giant worlds), the graphics (more original and better focus on color palettes), the music (which EE Flash doesn't have), and the physics (designed to be the same as EE Flash).

The game already has a lengthy design document and a team of paid professionals, and it could be tricky to get a team of volunteers to keep working on the same standards of quality. Some EEO mods are very impressive, but still would assume it's easier than designing an entire game. EEO already has hundreds of blocks, is entirely offline, and understandably it doesn't have the high standards for polished graphics, bug testing, or user experience a fresh new game would.

That said, I'm not against getting help wherever it would help, or opening up a bit more about the development. I hope something positive comes from this thread being bumped.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#52 2023-01-22 06:54:15, last edited by Luridmetal35 (2023-01-22 09:36:46)

Luridmetal35

I'm hyped about EE!, the game has passed in the right hands. From what I have seen I think we are very lucky that Satanya bought the game and this is probably the best outcome EE could ever had (In my opinion). But I would like the staff to keep us up to date (Even if it will be 1 post in 3 month) or just a small post explaining that everything is fine. When I see that the last update from Satanya was posted almost a year ago I'm getting skeptical and a little bit disappointed.

About the community, I think beside active members there are a lot of people who do not show any activity but still follow the progress of the game and have positive opinion (Like me).

Anyway, keep up the good work and I hope over time everything will fall into place!

Wooted by: (2)

#53 2023-01-22 09:23:24

Edilights
Website

Kiraninja wrote:

This once again, leads to nothing.
I'm not being negative or toxic about it, It's just the reality that we have to accept. For many years now, the staff has been counter-intuitive and deceived their own community with baseless lies, false promises and so on. In my eyes, this is much worse than the community complaining about said issue.
"We are working on Unity"
"We promise you a new version of EE fully optimized after flash dies"
"EEU is coming in early 2019 fully built"
"Etc, etc, etc".(1)
It's a common recurrence in the history of EE staff team and has been going downhill since the end of Benjaminsen era. All this false hype created to keep the community alive, has infact been working. We sticked around for many years hoping that those claims were true and we stayed loyal to the game till the end and beyond. 
The pillar of the game isn't the staff team, but the community. Without the community, there is no multiplayer game. An argument can be made that the contrary is also true: Without the multiplayer game, there is no community.

Alrighty buddy , you reckoned the enough information for hearing. The staff lied for not making further harm to EE hoping players.
This community taught enough on veracity over quality. Why did you give a fact if there are some behind the scenes causes(like the incidents mentioned above the post)  ? You were a former moderator . Why do you try to encourage the downsides of EE staff team?
I don't want to be a debate breaker but...
I should rectify why staff is only 'main pillar' of stabilizing the community. If the community were more involved to this game , we hadn't ended such tragedy and probably eeu have released . Are there current investors preoccupied to fund the game?
In reality , this wasn't well supported by the EE players . And the havok.  What will happen next?

Kiraninja wrote:

I sincerely, we sincerely remained devoted to this game we loved spending hours on, and even now, 2 years after flash's death we are present. There is an entire community working on mods, TAS, worlds, sharing projects in the offline version of the game because we truly enjoy it multiplayer or not. If that doesn't show the devotion and loyalty we have towards the game, I don't know what will. Leaving us in the dark, and deliberately choosing to ignore us will only endanger the future of the game.(1)
As you are already aware, EE!'s general opinion is already at all an time low, and the little trust we had for you at the beginning has progressively faded away throughout the years. The reason why I insisted on the community's loyalty to stick around, is because we are able to help. Not just sit around, be toxic and laugh at you. We have music composers, we have programmers, we have artists, we have graphic designers and much more. (2)
When did you come to us to ask for help? (2)
Cut the ****. Instead of complaining about the community's complaints because of your lack of communication, marketing and management skills, feeding the last trusting loyal members in your half-dead discord server and writing irrelevant posts on twitter that no one ever reads, there is an entire community behind you that are ready to help at any time given the opportunity, help that will drastically enhance the quality of the game in a record time. (1)
The choice is yours. Choose wisely.(1)
Believe it, that is the absolute worst way to deal with the situation.

We don't need to choose what development should be exactly . If you were being in a place of a staff from this set of developers , it must give a gap of time for (Why does stress actually prove or affect the lack of progress?)
I am pretty sure that TAS EEM or EEO wouldn't hold much longer when the crisis will start . If someone puts a offline game with a player and there's no interaction of it . Why do the player itself would choice to play it?

Kiraninja wrote:

Not just sit around, be toxic and laugh at you.

I don't prefer sounding like a scumbag . I rather choose to be a plaintiff instead . I wished that won't be longer criticized now from kind of people (even you) . I haven't distressed all of the emotional force yet. Be careful what type of speech give in another server . This is not going to be a joke. (I apologize for spamming . I had my opinion.)

#54 2023-01-22 13:42:57

Kiraninja

Edilights wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:

This once again, leads to nothing.
I'm not being negative or toxic about it, It's just the reality that we have to accept. For many years now, the staff has been counter-intuitive and deceived their own community with baseless lies, false promises and so on. In my eyes, this is much worse than the community complaining about said issue.
"We are working on Unity"
"We promise you a new version of EE fully optimized after flash dies"
"EEU is coming in early 2019 fully built"
"Etc, etc, etc".(1)
It's a common recurrence in the history of EE staff team and has been going downhill since the end of Benjaminsen era. All this false hype created to keep the community alive, has infact been working. We sticked around for many years hoping that those claims were true and we stayed loyal to the game till the end and beyond. 
The pillar of the game isn't the staff team, but the community. Without the community, there is no multiplayer game. An argument can be made that the contrary is also true: Without the multiplayer game, there is no community.

Alrighty buddy , you reckoned the enough information for hearing. The staff lied for not making further harm to EE hoping players.
This community taught enough on veracity over quality. Why did you give a fact if there are some behind the scenes causes(like the incidents mentioned above the post)  ? You were a former moderator . Why do you try to encourage the downsides of EE staff team?
I don't want to be a debate breaker but...
I should rectify why staff is only 'main pillar' of stabilizing the community. If the community were more involved to this game , we hadn't ended such tragedy and probably eeu have released . Are there current investors preoccupied to fund the game?
In reality , this wasn't well supported by the EE players . And the havok.  What will happen next?

Kiraninja wrote:

I sincerely, we sincerely remained devoted to this game we loved spending hours on, and even now, 2 years after flash's death we are present. There is an entire community working on mods, TAS, worlds, sharing projects in the offline version of the game because we truly enjoy it multiplayer or not. If that doesn't show the devotion and loyalty we have towards the game, I don't know what will. Leaving us in the dark, and deliberately choosing to ignore us will only endanger the future of the game.(1)
As you are already aware, EE!'s general opinion is already at all an time low, and the little trust we had for you at the beginning has progressively faded away throughout the years. The reason why I insisted on the community's loyalty to stick around, is because we are able to help. Not just sit around, be toxic and laugh at you. We have music composers, we have programmers, we have artists, we have graphic designers and much more. (2)
When did you come to us to ask for help? (2)
Cut the ****. Instead of complaining about the community's complaints because of your lack of communication, marketing and management skills, feeding the last trusting loyal members in your half-dead discord server and writing irrelevant posts on twitter that no one ever reads, there is an entire community behind you that are ready to help at any time given the opportunity, help that will drastically enhance the quality of the game in a record time. (1)
The choice is yours. Choose wisely.(1)
Believe it, that is the absolute worst way to deal with the situation.

We don't need to choose what development should be exactly . If you were being in a place of a staff from this set of developers , it must give a gap of time for (Why does stress actually prove or affect the lack of progress?)
I am pretty sure that TAS EEM or EEO wouldn't hold much longer when the crisis will start . If someone puts a offline game with a player and there's no interaction of it . Why do the player itself would choice to play it?

Kiraninja wrote:

Not just sit around, be toxic and laugh at you.

I don't prefer sounding like a scumbag . I rather choose to be a plaintiff instead . I wished that won't be longer criticized now from kind of people (even you) . I haven't distressed all of the emotional force yet. Be careful what type of speech give in another server . This is not going to be a joke. (I apologize for spamming . I had my opinion.)

seriously, what are u even saying

#55 2023-01-22 13:47:52

Edilights
Website

Kiraninja wrote:

You should not complain at everything else . Your brain needs emotional intelligence .(Which is essential)

Wooted by: (3)

#56 2023-01-22 15:41:28

frostflare

Edilights wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:

You should not complain at everything else . Your brain needs emotional intelligence .(Which is essential)

No seriously, what are you even saying? No offense, but because of the way you worded your response I had issues understanding your replies to Kira. Are you calling them stupid for even voicing their opinion on the forums? Or does it really bother you that much they decided to post here on this thread.

#57 2023-01-22 17:42:46

NoNK

Personally I don't see the development of ee! as something being done for the community, it's more like you're racing against the community.

We already have ee offline, archivEE, kkyle8 mod, project M, that one html5 remake, a TAS client, etc.

It's only a matter of time before we make our own EE online again, and any devs that don't produce results are going to be irrelevant.

#58 2023-01-22 18:43:02

Kirby

NoNK wrote:

Personally I don't see the development of ee! as something being done for the community, it's more like you're racing against the community.

We already have ee offline, archivEE, kkyle8 mod, project M, that one html5 remake, a TAS client, etc.

It's only a matter of time before we make our own EE online again, and any devs that don't produce results are going to be irrelevant.

giving me flashbacks to this thread

#59 2023-01-22 18:51:39

NoNK

AK712 EE is coming, 2 more weeks, trust the plan

#60 2023-01-22 19:03:53, last edited by Kiraninja (2023-01-22 19:08:30)

Kiraninja

N1KF wrote:

From what little we've seen or read, the quality of the game is already equal to or better than EE Flash's—technical performance the graphics (more original and better focus on color palettes)

Source?

N1KF wrote:

the music (which EE Flash doesn't have)

Source?

Ravatroll made an entire original soundtrack for EEU in a record time for each designated theme. I have personally listened to it and I can safely tell you that it was on par with original games.

N1KF wrote:

The game already has a lengthy design document and a team of paid professionals, and it could be tricky to get a team of volunteers to keep working on the same standards of quality.

Paid professionals may I say, that never played the original Everybody Edits to begin with. I'd much rather have motivated and knowledgeable people from the community brainstorm and help with a new game than random "paid professionals from ukraine" that never touched EE.

N1KF wrote:

That said, I'm not against getting help wherever it would help, or opening up a bit more about the development. I hope something positive comes from this thread being bumped.

That's exactly my point.

Wooted by: (2)

#61 2023-01-22 20:08:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

sources
Kiraninja wrote:

Paid professionals may I say, that never played the original Everybody Edits to begin with. I'd much rather have motivated and knowledgeable people from the community brainstorm and help with a new game than random "paid professionals from ukraine" that never touched EE.

I did find some pretty close messages where staff have responded to this claim, but not anything outright confirming it. Plus the devs could have played EE since then. So I'd be cautious about stating this as a known truth.

Keep in mind that the people programming aren't necessarily the same people designing the game. I don't know many details about what goes on behind the scenes, so maybe you're right that this is a bad thing. I dunno though.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#62 2023-01-23 00:11:24

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Kiraninja wrote:

there is an entire community behind you that are ready to help at any time given the opportunity, help that will drastically enhance the quality of the game in a record time.

Let's role-play that:

Hey guys, Anna here! Please welcome A, B and C to the EE! development team! They're exactly the passionate EE veterans we need to release EE! by Summer 2023! They're unpaid volunteers with job/college commitments, so their working hours will be between 0 and 30 hours per week, without notice, for an undefined period of time! A and B will be helping with programming, so they'll be spending their first 2-20 weeks familiarising themselves with the software tools and existing codebase before retiring, going on holiday or feuding with other staff members and dramatically announcing their departures. Veteran C will be putting together a Trello board with features we've already thought of, and having long, well-informed and extremely productive conversations with us about community expectations and good PR.

Collectively, all three newcomers will begin sharing work-in-progress game features with the community on a daily basis! This'll be an exciting change for us, and we're looking forward to every graphic and game mechanic being dissected, criticised, misconstrued and misunderstood. This'll let our staff get down to business debating implementation details with our invaluable community, which will boost staff morale, speed up development and diversify our vision for the game!

That's all for now! Stay tuned for Saturday's vlog, where Yaroslav and Oleksiy show you how to select retro 8-bit colour palettes during a power outage!

/s

I'm all for community engagement, but we've run the experiment on crowdsourcing EE development, and it doesn't work.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#63 2023-01-24 13:43:20

Onjit
Website

Edilights wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:

Just because you can't comprehend the simple truth you must call me a troll? You must accept what you know is right before you can understand the problems you will face in the future.

:.|:;

#64 2023-01-26 02:00:33

NoNK

Tomahawk wrote:

I'm all for community engagement, but we've run the experiment on crowdsourcing EE development, and it doesn't work.

it works fine as long as you don't centralize it, just ignore the main team and play kkyle8 mod and project M and tas client and hang out with your friends on ee discord and chat about spike levels

Wooted by:
NoNK1674694833797063

Board footer