Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#476 2022-09-05 19:05:08

Pqwerty

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Gikkle wrote:

Why was shadow an early townread?

Shadow was giving a lot of general info on playing the game iirc. I thought it was mostly NAI but I guess people really liked it.

Gikkle wrote:

Why is gandhi resting his vote on a completely inactive player? what does he expect to gain from that

I think he was trying to drum up activity, but he also voted BB who is like one of his top reads. Looking back at both of their ISOs idk why we gave either a tr

#477 2022-09-05 19:06:27

Pqwerty

BuzzerBee wrote:

i think Pqwerty is flying too far under everyone's radar

it's interesting to say "i'm anti-town, lynch me if you want"

well maybe today is the day we get Pqwerty? it seems like everyone is at a stalemate, so lynching Pqwerty would at best get rid of 1 scum and at worst get rid of someone whose role could be detrimental to us moving forward

agree

!vote Pqwerty

Wooted by: (3)

#478 2022-09-05 19:06:52

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

someone said we should all be posting townreads right now instead of scumreads. i disagree. everyone is townreading each other and it's preventing us from making any kind of progress

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#479 2022-09-05 19:16:19

Pqwerty

I'm not in the right headspace for this rn I have work and homework to do so i'm just gonna leave my vote on this obvious criminal mastermind until after i get some of that done.

#480 2022-09-05 19:22:29

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

okay looking back, i think my top scumread right now is ShadowsEdge

huge flip flop for me because I townread them on D1

but did anyone read Shadow's reads in this post?

every single read was so wishy washy. they didn't want to swing any particular direction with anyone. it was "this person has been helpful but i could be wrong." or "i don't know their play style very well"

not to mention they voted Elijah today for being defensive i guess? but then they were still very wishy washy even on that vote saying "i don't entirely scumread you"

i don't know, nothing from Shadow seems very helpful today at all

TdQRyz3.png

#481 2022-09-05 19:22:55

Pqwerty

I'm gonna be mad if the mafia is just quietly lurking and it turns out to be Bon Jovi, Gandhi, and Shadow.
I'm not saying they are mafia, but I am saying I'd be mad if they all were.

#482 2022-09-05 19:24:12

ShadowsEdge

ElijahBaley wrote:

The game should have at least one Mafia or Werewolf group (of at least two members). In mini games (at most 13 players), there must be exactly one such group, with no third parties.

This is from the Mafia scum page on Normal Games. @ShadowsEdge how do you know there's only 2 scum?

It was a slip, but not a scumslip, it relates to my role, I don't want to say a whole lot about it because there is more to it than just knowing how many mafia there are, but yeah, in any regard at least I can now publicly confirm that there's 2 mafia.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#483 2022-09-05 19:24:30

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

!vote ShadowsEdge

sorry for changing my vote off Pqwerty so fast, but i'd rather lynch Shadow, who i'm more confident is scum, than Pqwerty, who is like 50/50 to me right now

TdQRyz3.png

#484 2022-09-05 19:28:03

ShadowsEdge

BuzzerBee wrote:

okay looking back, i think my top scumread right now is ShadowsEdge

huge flip flop for me because I townread them on D1

but did anyone read Shadow's reads in this post?

every single read was so wishy washy. they didn't want to swing any particular direction with anyone. it was "this person has been helpful but i could be wrong." or "i don't know their play style very well"

not to mention they voted Elijah today for being defensive i guess? but then they were still very wishy washy even on that vote saying "i don't entirely scumread you"

i don't know, nothing from Shadow seems very helpful today at all

My vote on Elijah was more than just because of his defensive nature, I explained it better in a later post, the post there was just to give a basic overview of why I thought the way I did. And if you would see I did go a particular direction with everyone, stating everyone as either a Town-read/Townlean or Scumlean, the only ones who I didn't lean on were you and Bon Jovi since both of you had very little information in your posts to clearly make a read on either of you.

~BeepnBoop

#485 2022-09-05 19:28:50

Gikkle

Pqwerty wrote:

I'm gonna be mad if the mafia is just quietly lurking and it turns out to be Bon Jovi, Gandhi, and Shadow.

Gandhi is lurking?

#486 2022-09-05 19:29:08

ElijahBaley

!vote ShadowsEdge

I am okay with this lynch. Also totally in favour of someone hammering. Just give the man some time to explain before you hammer though

#487 2022-09-05 19:31:35

Gikkle

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

The game should have at least one Mafia or Werewolf group (of at least two members). In mini games (at most 13 players), there must be exactly one such group, with no third parties.

This is from the Mafia scum page on Normal Games. @ShadowsEdge how do you know there's only 2 scum?

It was a slip, but not a scumslip, it relates to my role, I don't want to say a whole lot about it because there is more to it than just knowing how many mafia there are, but yeah, in any regard at least I can now publicly confirm that there's 2 mafia.

Hm.

What are your reads on everyone?

#488 2022-09-05 19:33:20

ShadowsEdge

Gikkle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

Hm.

What are your reads on everyone?

I posted it before, I don't like Elijah's posts, but MM's defense of them kind of throws out most of the points I made. As of rn I'm leaning on 2B55B5G, BB, or Bon Jovi (again, explained in a previous post)

~BeepnBoop

#489 2022-09-05 19:34:41

Pqwerty

Gikkle wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Gandhi is lurking?

I mean, he made a bunch of votes and then disappeared so...
He disappeared is a better word cuz lurking would imply he's still here.

#490 2022-09-05 19:35:45

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

And if you would see I did go a particular direction with everyone, stating everyone as either a Town-read/Townlean or Scumlean, the only ones who I didn't lean on were you and Bon Jovi since both of you had very little information in your posts to clearly make a read on either of you.

your read on Marshmallow gives no indication of which way you lean to me. you were just kind of stating facts like "they're pushing for information"
your read for Gandhi was "i thought they were town, but i'm not certain anymore as to why i thought that"
your read for 2b was "townlean but it's very minimal"
your read for mini was "scumlean but i give them credit for still trying to figure things out"

you leaned certain ways for mostly everyone, and slightly leaning versus a hard read on someone is definitely not a crime. but it was the fact that you did it for everyone except elijah, and your read on elijah didn't sit right with me. elijah is actively trying to solve the game and has had some really good, although sometimes mislead, insights

TdQRyz3.png

#491 2022-09-05 19:40:22

Pqwerty

Wait uh, Norwee said that there wouldn't be more than 3 mafia in the signup thread.

I just assumed that meant 2 mafia and a traitor because 1 mafia 1 traitor seems off.

Shadow is your role custom or something? Cuz why would a town role say "there are exactly 2 mafia"?

#492 2022-09-05 19:44:42

Gikkle

2b55b5g wrote:

hi i just woke up so i’ll backread later, but i’ll say this random fun theory that i had, note that this theory doesn’t really affect my view on Pqwerty, my brain just likes to think of theories that most likely don’t matter

what if Pqwerty is mafia fakeclaiming an anti-town role, using it as an excuse to not claim in the future?

obviously it’s just a dumb theory so im not gonna read Pqwerty based on that

2b55b5g wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Oh also 2b and Gandhi, do you have any opinions on people so far? I've seen a lot of theorizing but idk where your heads are at.

Gandhi looks townie to me, mainly for the same reason that Shadow townread them. i also like their approach of giving simpler reads to new people, it seems to me that they're making an effort to try and solve the game. i like their post about voting on D1 as well, it's probably common sense to vote D1, but they also added Norwee's intent to their reasoning, which further proves that they want to solve the game.

Marshmallow also looks like a townie. i like their response in post #31 regarding to Gandhi's idea about Elijah being the traitor that breadcrumbed. maybe it's just me but i feel like if Marshmallow was mafia, their response would've been more defensive? same goes to post #33 where they liked the reasoning.
another reason why i townread them is because they voted Pqwerty. Pqwerty claims to be an anti-town role, so it's probably the best for mafia to keep them alive, hence why i think Marshmallow probably isn't mafia.
side note i also like their take on traitor breadcrumbing (post #91)

i slightly townread BuzzerBee. it probably means nothing but i just like his enthusiasm to read into posts.

Pqwerty is interesting to me. i do kinda believe his anti-town claim, because claiming that as a mafia is pretty bold imo, especially in the first post, and like Shadow said, we'll likely see the effects of it at some point.
im not sure what to think or say about his reads. the main thing i wanna say is his argument about serious vs joke, it seems like a misinterpretation of what Marshmallow said, especially the joke part. i assume Pqwerty probably thought that Elijah's vote on BuzzerBee was a joke, but Marsh didnt assume that, so there was a bit of a disconnect there. he later clarified his thought as well on post #114, so i dont think he's necessarily trying to make Marshmallow look bad?
other than that i dont really know what to think of him. he seems like he's trying to help by constantly asking questions, so i guess i'll townread him for now (i guess because i dont really like his vote on Minimania), but i'll also wait to see more due to the anti-town situation.

i want to townread Elijah, but i'll wait to see more of them before townreading. there isnt much to say about them right now, they said stuff about wanting to lynch scum and not town, and how easy it is to make townie posts especially in early game. these aren't bad posts but idk if it's necessarily alignment indicative. though i like their defense/discussion about the traitor.

i also dont think there's much to say about Minimania. i like his question and response to Gandhi. he also said that he doesnt feel comfortable giving Gandhi a townread, and i think that's fair. however, he is also slightly inclined to believe that Grilyon is innocent, and i disagree with that.
other than that im confused why he unvoted after saying "what anti town role can you be if not Mafia". idk if i should townread him so i'll wait to see more

Grilyon probably never played before, but i dont think that affects their role. i also think they kinda know whats going on, because they have been wooting posts that placed a vote on Pqwerty (post #107, #119). im curious if Grilyon has any other reason for supporting the Pqwerty wagon, other than what's already been said. it's also strange how they wooted those posts but never voted.

i kinda like Shadow and his reads so far, especially on Pqwerty and Grilyon, but idk what to say other than that lol

i dont have an opinion on everyone else.
also i know that im probably townreading too many people, but thats just how i am //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

2b55b5g wrote:

minimania can be town as well for voting Pqwerty, due to the anti-town thing, i almost forgot about that

2b55b5g wrote:

sorry for triple-posting but i just realized this, is it a stretch to say that Grilyon = mafia, is the reason why they wooted posts, but never actually voted? because mafia doesn’t want to lose an anti-town role?

2b55b5g wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:

minimania can be town as well for voting Pqwerty, due to the anti-town thing, i almost forgot about that

wait im dumb, i forgot he also unvoted lol, i think this still makes sense though

I like these posts by 2b. Seems like I can actually see her brain working and trying to solve, and it seems genuine. The "i just realized this" post about Grilvon stands out to me a particularly townie train of thought.

#493 2022-09-05 19:47:23

ShadowsEdge

BuzzerBee wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

And if you would see I did go a particular direction with everyone, stating everyone as either a Town-read/Townlean or Scumlean, the only ones who I didn't lean on were you and Bon Jovi since both of you had very little information in your posts to clearly make a read on either of you.

your read on Marshmallow gives no indication of which way you lean to me. you were just kind of stating facts like "they're pushing for information"
your read for Gandhi was "i thought they were town, but i'm not certain anymore as to why i thought that"
your read for 2b was "townlean but it's very minimal"
your read for mini was "scumlean but i give them credit for still trying to figure things out"

you leaned certain ways for mostly everyone, and slightly leaning versus a hard read on someone is definitely not a crime. but it was the fact that you did it for everyone except elijah, and your read on elijah didn't sit right with me. elijah is actively trying to solve the game and has had some really good, although sometimes mislead, insights

Please read the context of the area, I *did* give a lean on MM because it was implied by the post it was in response to (i.e. Minimania's plan). The other 3 I can accept are weird, but they are also placed via a rank which you ignored.

As for Elijah, I scumread him because as I said, sure he might have had some good posts, but he also had a lot of baseless accusations which you seem to conveniently ignore when you wanted to push me.

Also to Pqwerty, I'm pretty sure its custom since I havent seen it elsewhere.

~BeepnBoop

#494 2022-09-05 19:47:33

Gikkle

These recent Buzzer posts vibe town imo

#495 2022-09-05 19:51:58

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

pretty much all of our accusations are baseless though, Shadow. we’re just trying to get somewhere because we don’t have any concrete evidence all we have is social deduction.

TdQRyz3.png

Wooted by:

#496 2022-09-05 19:56:30

ShadowsEdge

BuzzerBee wrote:

pretty much all of our accusations are baseless though, Shadow. we’re just trying to get somewhere because we don’t have any concrete evidence all we have is social deduction.

Not really, there are things we can do to ground our accusations down, like the way that someone acts to being voted for example, I'm not saying Elijah needed concrete evidence for their pushes, but that their pushes had only evidence that wasn't confirmable to the player-base, and ignored any in-game evidence which could be mustered (at least for the accusation on MM), I had a similar vibe for their read on Minimania.

~BeepnBoop

#497 2022-09-05 20:00:53

ShadowsEdge

Gikkle who are you scumreading right now?

~BeepnBoop

#498 2022-09-05 20:15:35

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

[2] ElijahBaley: ShadowsEdge, Minimania
[2] ShadowsEdge: BuzzerBee, ElijahBaley
[1] Pqwerty: Pqwerty
[1] BuzzerBee: Big Bon Jovi
[1] Big Bon Jovi: Nuclear Gandhi
[1] Gikkle: Marshmallow Marshall

[3] Not voting: Gikkle, Grilyon2, 2b55b5g

6 majority votes to lock in the choice of elimination.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#499 2022-09-05 21:55:48

Gikkle

Pqwerty wrote:

Wait uh, Norwee said that there wouldn't be more than 3 mafia in the signup thread.

I just assumed that meant 2 mafia and a traitor because 1 mafia 1 traitor seems off.

Shadow is your role custom or something? Cuz why would a town role say "there are exactly 2 mafia"?

Where was this?

#500 2022-09-05 22:23:13

Gikkle

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Gikkle who are you scumreading right now?

I only just finished reading up.

The people I got patently bad vibes from are Minimania and Marshmallow Marshall. Well, and you, to a degree.

I feel like if Elijah is a wolf, they're the traitor.

2b55b5g - Liked their posts reading up. Thought process seemed natural, especially the quotes I quoted earlier.
Pqwerty - very slight town? I liked their post earlier trying to find reasons to town read everybody, and reasons to wolf read everybody. I think that shows an open mindedness that comes more from town than wolves. His "anti town role" thing is NAI bc I could see a wolf doing it for town points (or just to set up a claim for later).
Big Bon Jovi - They're my mason partner.
BuzzerBee - Liked their reads list and their most recent posts had good vibes.
Nuclear Gandhi - Really liked their day 1, particularly his entrance showing awareness of Elijah potentially trying to drop hints to his buddies. I also liked P#154. Other posts are just generally well thought out and I think would be difficult for a wolf to make. Pretty confident this is town.
Grilyon - No thoughts. Lumi thought this was town though so I'll sheep that.

Ordered, my initial reads look like this (though they will absolutely end up changing as I haven't yet had a chance to really interact with anyone yet):

-Town-
Gandhi
Big Bon Jovi

-Light Town-
2b55b5g

-Very light town-
BuzzerBee

-Null leaning town-
Grilyon
Pqwerty

-Null-
Elijah (don't feel like this is a wolf if this isn't the traitor)

-PoE-
Shadows
Minimania
Marshmallow Marshall

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer